OtakuBoards

One Piece Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Tatsubei Yagyu

Not the greatest chapter since its return but it was a nice one (last chapter is still the best so far). I think this was the chapter I was initially looking for since I wanted to see how everyone'll react when they met up. Sanji is slowly creepy up to be my favorite. His reaction towards Luffy were great.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah great chapeter. Everyone is getting help from their friends to help them escape.

I did have a momentary lapse in reason where I thought the Ghost Girl might just come along and join the crew. I also like her new look and she's done a little growing in the past 2 years as well. I find it funny that she was paired with Zoro wonder if there is more to it than that.

I very interested in "sailing coated" under the sea. (oh god I feel a disney song coming on....) I also can't wait to see Fishman island. The next few chapters are going to be great

[quote name='jomz' date='29 October 2010 - 12:42 AM' timestamp='1288327374' post='701368']
yeah, I knew Sanji would be very jealous.. hahahaha... he spent two years in "hell"... XD
[/quote]

Yeah i think Sanji's reaction to "I blown to the island of women" was priceless

I also really like how they are sailing under the ocean. I think the title of the last chapter said it all for me. Rudder straight down.

• 1 month later...
While I can't really say that I'm all that disappointed with the latest chapters but I'm not pleased with them either. It's like after Luffy joined with the crew we hit a stalemate. Don't get me wrong, seeing stuff about the [spoiler]Kraken and the Flying Dutchman[/spoiler] immediately reminded me of PotC and it certainly leads me to believe that we'll be having some epic moments, but these events leading up to those moments just feel ho-hum. I've chuckled a few times but I'm not really excited about what I've been seeing in these chapters.

I've enjoyed the "under the sea" chapters so far. We've gotten to see glimpses of everyone's new ablities and have been shown how they would have never made this far 2 years ago....

The end of the lastest chapter raises a few questions about Arlong and what became of his crew. I want to know where Jimbei and Hachi are.. (as well as their mermaid can't for the life of me remember her name.... I know it starts with a C... )

• 2 weeks later...
Not a bad chapter but not good either. Things are finally starting to get a little interesting though.

I'm definately sick of Sanji's nose bleeds now. It was funny the 1st couple of times but to constantly see these nose bleeds each chapter has worn itself out. But yeah, I don't really have much to say about the chapter itself other than I am glad to see things are starting to pickup (hopefully)

[quote name='Magus' timestamp='1293314461' post='703288']
Not a bad chapter but not good either. Things are finally starting to get a little interesting though.

I'm definately sick of Sanji's nose bleeds now. It was funny the 1st couple of times but to constantly see these nose bleeds each chapter has worn itself out. But yeah, I don't really have much to say about the chapter itself other than I am glad to see things are starting to pickup (hopefully)
[/quote]

Indeed. His nose-bleeds have become ridiculously over-used. Although death by perverted nose-bleed is indeed an idiotic way to go...

Ah, then yes, those parts are the boring parts. I would say stick with it since it begins to pick up steam (or rather, things begin to get more interesting) right after that arc is done. And even then I didn't really get hooked until the Alabasta arc and you have some ways before that arc, so yeah. I do feel your pain. I was able to stick with it so far because I liked how the characterization in it.

[quote name='JamesMay' timestamp='1293567492' post='703424']
im up to chapter 75 or so in this series. Honestly becoming bored with it. Gonna take a long break and see if it peaks my interest in the future
[/quote]

Hmm... You still haven't reached the Grand Line. But you're close. Hope it peaks your interest soon, because I think it would be a shame if you drop this series because the early chapters were sort of boring. XD

• 2 weeks later...
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Alright, new theory as of the latest chapter.

Luffy's blood is going to eventually become the miracle cure-all that Chopper is searching for. He's already survived multiple types of poisoning at once and apparently developed antibodies for each kind. Obviously this is by and large not how medicine works, so either poisons in the Odaverse are universally bacterial or Luffy is just genetically special.

Or maybe it's a haki ability, I dunno. Either way, the Pirate King is going to be a big-time blood donor.[/font]

I also liked at the end of the latest chapter it's predicted that a man with a ripped straw hat will destroy fishman island. Granted Luffy could do something stupid and pop the bubble but I have a feeling it might be someone else with a straw hat (shanks maybe....)

Also I like how they show the aftermath of Luffy's Haki and how he gauges opponents now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
[quote name='JamesMay' timestamp='1293567499' post='703425']
im up to chapter 75 or so in this series. Honestly becoming bored with it. Gonna take a long break and see if it peaks my interest in the future
[/quote]

Actually with the events of Fishman Island they actaully keep refering back to Arlong Will. They have also mentioned how the Strawhats crushed Arlong"s Will and Hodi and company have a chip on their shoulder against the Strawhats.

We've also seen several character pop up from earlier in the series that become allies for some reason or another. Everyone from Crocdile to Hachi from Arlong's crew.

• 1 month later...
Oh, weekly Shonen Jump is on break this week...

I was looking forward to the flashback on the fishmen pirates. I know some of you hate these flashbacks, but I'm cool with it.

Young Jimbei looks scary. :O Arlong's still a jerk. Heh.

Since no one posted after me...

Edit:

I didn't expect that Tiger fell that way... I thought [spoiler] that he died assaulting marines, not through an ambush! But still, he fought, and survived. [/spoiler] Edited by jomz

• 4 months later...