OtakuBoards

One Piece Manga [Warning: Spoilers]

Tatsubei Yagyu

Ah, alright that makes sense.

And I'm finally caught up on everything. That was long. And to think, although I've never read it, Inuyasha ended with 558 chapters. It's no doubt in my mind that One Piece is going to exceed that, but I'm wondering how long will One Piece actually turn out to be. The flashbacks has slimmed down a bit, but I can see it hitting, heck, even surpassing the 700 mark. That might be a bit much for me to handle though. We'll see when the time comes though.

Uh.. [spoiler]Hancock[/spoiler] is an interesting yet funny character. I don't know where they got the idea to [spoiler]look up to talk down to people[/spoiler], but you can't help but chuckle at that. (even though it's stupid.) It's too bad Sanji (I feel so sorry for him LOL) didn't arrive there though.

[spoiler]Having Robin work hard labor is just not right. (I'm a Robin fan dangit) Should've had Zoro to be there.[/spoiler][/rant] The only people I think that ended up in decent spots were Zoro, Luffy and Nami.

[spoiler]Eustass [size=1](kind of name is that? How do you even pronounce that?)[/size] Kid and Trafalgar Law[/spoiler] are a couple more favorites.

[spoiler]Buggy, awesome?[/spoiler] I'm not seeing it. But then again, I'm not that easily satified by a simple punch like that. Now if he had a "flash step" or something of that nature, I might think differently.

[spoiler]I want to see more of Fire Fist Ace fighting, and I want to see what Shanks is all about.[/spoiler]

This is truly shaping up to be like Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End... somewhat. Now we just need a Jack Sparrow. [spoiler]Whitebeard[/spoiler] = Davy Jones guy... That was his name right?

Edit: I knew there was something else I wanted to ask. How far is the anime behind the manga?

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='Magus']
Edit: I knew there was something else I wanted to ask. How far is the anime behind the manga?[/QUOTE]

The anime just finished up the Thriller Bark arc, but its going into fillers currently.

Also, the next chapter features [spoiler]the return of Mr.3[/spoiler] just if you were curious.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE=1][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The anime just finished up the Thriller Bark arc, but its going into fillers currently.

Also, the next chapter features [spoiler]the return of Mr.3[/spoiler] just if you were curious.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/quote][COLOR=#503f86]Ooh, are there spoilers already?

[quote]
[COLOR=#000000][spoiler]Eustass [SIZE=1](kind of name is that? How do you even pronounce that?)[/SIZE] Kid and Trafalgar Law[/spoiler][/COLOR] are a couple more favorites.[/quote]It's pronounced [spoiler]'You-stas'[/spoiler], I would imagine. I have a friend with more or less the same surname :p

With regards to [spoiler]Luffy beating Moria[/spoiler], if word got out that [spoiler]he'd beaten not one, but [I]two[/I] Shichibukai, the balance of the three powers would shift in favour of the pirates, and the World Government would collapse. The Shichibukai are there as agents of the World Government, but it seems the grip on their seat of power is tentative at best, especially where things stand at the moment.[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Navy"]~returns~

Buggy has been awesome since his first appearance. Him being the first person Luffy's fought that's been a fellow devil fruit user made me realize that this series could get ridiculous (in a good way. ;) )

I'll talk more about the current events later, I'm sleepy. :|[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
the story arc to come is gonna be very very integueing luffy has already entered impel down gaol with assisstance and now he's there he's met buggy who helping him.. lol.. but on the last page of the latest manga we see mr.3... all of luffy's enemies helpping him out possibly... but then again u never know wth oda, one of the few mangaka to keep me on my toes... the most intreaging thing is i wanna see the crew reunited.... bad luck for sanji btw.. lol

• 2 weeks later...
So, what if Mr. 3 and Buggy joined the Strawhats...? heh. That'd be interesting.

Now, while I'm not on that Buggy bandwagon, (Because I still don't see what's so great about him) but he's a funny guy. And then seeing how the strawhats has put teamwork combinations into play, I can only imagine the teamwork that Buggy and Luffy could come up with.

[spoiler]Sir Croc? I wanna call him Killer Croc so bad lol.[/spoiler]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm really interested in what Oda's planning with [spoiler]Crocodile[/spoiler]. He was always my favorite villain in the series and I've basically been anticipating his return ever since [spoiler]Ace[/spoiler] was imprisoned. He's got so much potential here. Of course, the odds of another team-up with [I]him[/I] are slim to none, even considering how unbelievably forgiving Luffy is. I'd love to see him escape, though. A wild card like him could seriously mess up crap on both ends of the war, and being [spoiler]the only guy to have ever bested Luffy [I]twice[/I],[/spoiler] it would be interesting to see how he's dealt with.

As for the actual current story, [spoiler]Jimbei[/spoiler] is probably one of the most interesting character designs I've ever seen. He seems like a pretty likable guy, too. I hope he gets some more screentime (paneltime?)[/FONT]

Hello everyone!

Finally made it to One Piece 529...

Alright, let me see...

[spoiler] I am having second thoughts about Kuma's motive... why did he merely banish the Strawhat crew, instead of leaving them to be obliterated? It could be that he actually was touched by what Zorro did on thriller bark... That even the most "loyal" of the Shichibukai would make a second sparing of their lives...

Also, I am having fun at watching the sudden change of personalities by the Boa Hancock... specially with Luffy around... Ah, it's too bad she is unlikely to join the crew... Sanji would be jealous. XD

Though the chances of her joining the crew at the drop of a hat if Luffy asks her is highly probable...
[/spoiler]

also:
[quote name='Magus']h.

Uh.. [spoiler]Hancock[/spoiler] is an interesting yet funny character. I don't know where they got the idea to [spoiler]look up to talk down to people[/spoiler], but you can't help but chuckle at that. (even though it's stupid.) It's too bad Sanji (I feel so sorry for him LOL) didn't arrive there though.

[spoiler]Having Robin work hard labor is just not right. (I'm a Robin fan dangit) Should've had Zoro to be there.[/spoiler][/rant] The only people I think that ended up in decent spots were Zoro, Luffy and Nami.
[/QUOTE]

[spoiler]if Sanji ended up in Hancock's island, it's more likely he'll end up being petrified... XD. Robin also have a fair chance to escape, specially if those cuffs are ordinary ones. If Zorro was sent there, he would have died - seeing that he was in a terrible condition to start with.

I also see Nami gaining more powerful items from that weather station. XD
[/spoiler]

Oh, almost forgot...

I have not noticed it, but when did Luffy get that armband of his (which was given by Nami) [spoiler] and now in the hands of Buggy. Man, I bet Nami will have a fit if she finds out that Luffy gave up potential treasure...[/spoiler]

Now, I'm off to catch up with the Anime. ^_^

[quote name='jomz']I have not noticed it, but when did Luffy get that armband of his (which was given by Nami) [spoiler] and now in the hands of Buggy. Man, I bet Nami will have a fit if she finds out that Luffy gave up potential treasure...[/spoiler][/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Nah, I reckon he'll be all right. After all, it didn't have any gems on it ^_~ Although [spoiler]if she knew it led to Captain John's treasure, then...[/spoiler]

I think for [spoiler]having the crew separated[/spoiler] it gives them a chance to develop even further as individuals with their own adventures. When you have all the characters together the whole time things can start getting repetitive in the way they interact and develop. I'm all up for seeing some new abilities, and I think Oda's created a real winner of a twist in the story here.

Maybe... [spoiler]Kuma, like so many others, knows the potential of the future, so even despite his modifications to Pacifista he can see when a new era is going to be brought forward and needs to be accelerated.[/spoiler]

Incidentally, I really like [spoiler]Jimbei[/spoiler].[/COLOR]

Ah, now I remember... he got it when they left thriller bark... :D

[spoiler]I'm also thinking that Kuma might be seeing this "new era" thing, despite being a pacifista. Afer all, he did report to Marine HQ that he "eliminated" the strawhats, despite the fact that he just scattered them all around grandline... Unless... seeing how he sent them to different dangerous places, he was not hoping that they would survive...

Also, I find it fun to see old villains reappearing again. Good thing they were not killed before. ^_^

If Luffy fight with Crocodile again, what are the chances that he might win? I am betting he'll have a better chance now than before. I would certainly find it funny if for some strange reason, he gets Crocodile on his bandwagon... like how he got Buggy and Mr.3. I also hope Mr. 2 gets to join their break-out. ^_^
[/spoiler]

[COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"][quote name='jomz'][spoiler]If Luffy fight with Crocodile again, what are the chances that he might win? I am betting he'll have a better chance now than before. I would certainly find it funny if for some strange reason, he gets Crocodile on his bandwagon... like how he got Buggy and Mr.3. I also hope Mr. 2 gets to join their break-out. ^_^
[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

That my friend, would be awesome. While I can't see him joining up with luffy's troop, I can't really see him going into another long drawn out fight with him either. I mean, how many times will you be handed a "get out of jail free card" at Impel Down?

Also, am I the only one who's wondering what happened to the other nine of the eleven supernovas? last we saw most of them were down and out, and wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise to find them on their quest for ace?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

That my friend, would be awesome. While I can't see him joining up with luffy's troop, I can't really see him going into another long drawn out fight with him either. I mean, how many times will you be handed a "get out of jail free card" at Impel Down?

Also, am I the only one who's wondering what happened to the other nine of the eleven supernovas? last we saw most of them were down and out, and wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise to find them on their quest for ace?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Since it will be a while before the next chapter comes out, I'm guessing they might have been caught and tossed in Impel Down... As per report of the number of pirates caught, there's a good chance that they might be among them.

Then, Luffy might end up gathering one mighty force if he can let them join for a free ticket out of Jail.

[spoiler] White Beard will attack from the outside, then Luffy and company causing havok from the inside, man that would be insane! The Marines' force would be divided. And Luffy is bound to get an even larger bounty.
[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Ikillion'][COLOR=#35160f][SIZE="1"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]

Also, am I the only one who's wondering what happened to the other nine of the eleven supernovas? last we saw most of them were down and out, and wouldn't it be a pleasant surprise to find them on their quest for ace?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

with regards to what happened on shabondy archipalogia no one really knows.. did the 11 supernova beat the pacifista and escape??? did silver rayliegh beat kizaru, well after the straw hat crew got blown away i guess he had to deal with kuma aswell as kizaru

i have a conspiricy theory about kuma i think he's actually a good guy.. sort of... he know dragon... he mentioned him in the thiller bark saga

who know i hope so it would make for good competition when luffy goes to the new world... and trafalgar law seems to be a good swordsman with a fruit ability so zoro needs to beat him

as for kidd he has the ability to control metal so i think that would put the pacifista at a disadvantage i think?

Chapter 532:

Mr 2 is Bentham and Mr 3 is Galdino... I see... O_O I think I'll continue to refer to them by their number names - easier to remember...

Apparently, the Chief Warden forgot already that he was distracted by Hancock... I guess the distraction was a success.

Whoa! Those Minotaurus sure are fast.

Muggy Ball? He changed the name...

We also got to see Luffy make use of Mr. 3's candle hammer... Wait, it's a Tonkatchi Riffle. I thought it'll be hammer. Guess he needed more power to the attack.

And speaking of Mr Candleman - I doubt he'll be making it to Level 4 - unless he goes around as a wax puddle... I don't know.

So, the team heads off to Level 4...

[quote name='jomz']And speaking of Mr Candleman - I doubt he'll be making it to Level 4 - unless he goes around as a wax puddle... I don't know.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, I kind of doubt that. Mr. 3's devil fruit powers are Paramecia, which affects body structure. Logia powers, like Ace's and Enel's, can become their elements. From what we've seen, he can create wax and manipulate it, but I'm pretty sure it's been stated that he can't become wax. So he'll make it to level 4, he just won't be of any use to anyone.

In any case, Luffy is full-time rubber. I bet it's going to smell terrible down there before long. :p[/FONT]

its gonna be tough down at level 4... as well as the harsh conditions the chief warden now knows who he is dealing with... cos they know he's ace's brother and 300 million belli... so they've sent all the troops down there... it's gonna be interesting.. lol

[quote name='Ace'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Actually, I kind of doubt that. Mr. 3's devil fruit powers are Paramecia, which affects body structure. Logia powers, like Ace's and Enel's, can become their elements. From what we've seen, he can create wax and manipulate it, but I'm pretty sure it's been stated that he can't become wax. So he'll make it to level 4, he just won't be of any use to anyone.

In any case, Luffy is full-time rubber. I bet it's going to smell terrible down there before long. :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Right... forgot about the paramecia thing.. anyway, it's a bit confusing since in Level 3, there are images of him with "melting wax like thing" dangling from his body...

Yeah, burn rubber! Wohoo! uh... wait... Luffy is the main character... that's not a very good thing... XD

• 2 months later...
[size=1]Aw, no more talk about this one?

Finally, caught up with all 3 now.

I can imagine this latest chapter animated. My reactions to it will be ranging from trying to contain myself from laughing to face palming every 2-3 minutes.

Anyway, [spoiler]Luffy's truly a soldier[/spoiler]. ("survivor" just don't sound right) I've been going through sort of a dry spell with main characters as of late. (Mainly in these shounen type series) I can't stand the sight of them in some of the latest series I've been watching/reading. (Ichigo, Naruto, and thne Ed and Al comes to mind.)

And I've been really iffy about Luffy (I didn't like him at one point) since the beginning of the story and he's been gradually impressing me with each passing arc. And one of my biggest gripes about characters is that they just rush into a situation without using their brain... Luffy has shown that he's capable of using his brain, and I applaud him for it. In other words, Luffy's been a great main character. It's been a while since I've last seen one in shounen.

This Bon-Okama guy. I was never a fan of his, and while I'm not that big on him, he has won me over though, due to his loyalty.

[size=1]To copy the words of Katt Williams[/size] This series right here (repeat that about 3 or 4 times) defines determination.

[spoiler]And to end the chapter with Luffy wanting food is just good stuff.[/spoiler][/size]

[spoiler]Well, we don't really know what Jinbei's really about, but we do know that he's a shichibukai (sp?), and well, they're pretty much a force. Crocodile needs no explanation lol. (Best villain in the series so far.) I'm really curious as to how some of the teamwork combinations could work out here.[/spoiler]

I think it'd be real interesting if these people actually became a member of the Straw Hats.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][spoiler]Crocodile[/spoiler] has his pimp coat back. I am pleased. Also, that punch landed [spoiler]Jimbei[/spoiler] on the official awesome list.

Whether or not they manage to save [spoiler]Ace,[/spoiler] the World Government is going to lose a lot of face with this latest development. [spoiler]A mass exodus from the most high-security prison on the face of the Earth is like sending a giant beacon up in the sky telling every pirate in the Grand Line to trash any marines they see.[/spoiler][/FONT]

[size=1][spoiler]What if CP9 were to join up with Luffy as well?[/spoiler]

Agreed, can't help but wonder how will the government bounce back as well as wonder what Luffy's bounty will become after all of this is done.[/size]
------------------------------
Edit:

Holy crap, [spoiler]it's Blackbeard.[/spoiler] This was beyond epic once [spoiler]Crocodile[/spoiler] came into play.

Man, how much longer can Oda continue to produce this epicness back to back? Seriously, his only dry spell was the early chapters with Buggy, imo.

[quote name='Magus']Holy crap, [spoiler]it's Blackbeard.[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Yeah, they're not bouncing back from this one. Sengoku may as well go curl into fetal position in a corner. The entire military's credibility has just been thrown into a blender, beaten unconscious and pantsed for good measure.

About the only hope they have now is actually succeeding in killing Whitebeard, and that would set off a chain reaction over in the New World which would at best result in more chaos, mayhem and loss of face and at worst the complete overthrow of the World Government at the hands of a new Pirate King.[/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]The only series out of the big 3 that's producing high quality chapters week after week. (Bleach has been pretty horrible and Naruto hit a massive slowdown.)

[spoiler]Luffy and Blackbeard face to face[/spoiler]. Epic.

I didn't expect them to meet so soon. One would've thought that that Shiryuu (sp?) person would've held him there for a little bit, but then again maybe [spoiler]Blackbeards crew is fighting Shiryuu while Blackbeard is here with Luffy[/spoiler].

Sanji looks like he's having a bad day :D.[/size]

[img]http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6712/sanji.jpg[/img]

I wonder what Zoro would do if he saw this? Or rather, I wonder what his reaction be. XD

[SIZE="1"]I'm not really up-to-date in [B]One Piece[/B]; I'm following the US releases and not the scanlations so I am dreadfully behind, not to mention that when I do finally get a hold of the latest volume my memory is a bit fuzzy on previous volume events. Ah well. Anyhow, I just read [I]volume 19[/I] and was very much amused by it; Luffy never fails to emit chuckles from me.
Sanji really shown in these chapters, [SPOILER]especially with tricking Crocodile, and freeing Luffy and the others. Plus, Glasses!Sanji? Yes please. =3[/SPOILER][/SIZE]