Tekkaman Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]I would like to talk about a topic today that concerns everyone here on Otaku: Money. Assuming no one here is over 30 (No offense to anyone, if any), we'll talk about how we can generate around or over [b]$1,000,000[/b] before we retire.[/size][/font] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]I made this thread to post some helpful hints on how to save money and help yourself out of trouble before you even get into it. I also made this thread because other people here on Otaku may have some tips of their own on how to make oodles of money. Either way, I think the information will prove useful to everyone.[/size][/font] [center][url="http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/TekkamanHeart/MoneyMultiplier.jpg"][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Money Multiplier 1[/size][/font][/url][/center] [center][url="http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/TekkamanHeart/MoneyMultiplier2.jpg"][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Money Multiplier 2[/size][/font][/url][/center] [center][url="http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/TekkamanHeart/MoneyMultiplier3.jpg"][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Money Multiplier 3[/size][/font][/url][/center] [center][url="http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o27/TekkamanHeart/MoneyMultiplier4.jpg"][font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Money Multiplier 4[/size][/font][/url][/center] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Above are four pages of information that I snagged from a [b]Maxim[/b] book out of the restroom. :animesmil As I read the book, it was to really look at hot women (February 2007 Issue: Eva Mendes). But as I finished reading the info of Eva, I turned the page and saw information on [b]'How to Make Your Money Multiply'[/b]. I loved reading the information that I had and wanted to share it with you all on OB. So I ripped the four pages out.[/size][/font] [font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]Hopefully the info will help you all as much as it's helping me right now and soon, hopefully, we'll all be stinkin' rich. :D[/size][/font]
Retribution Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 [size=1]I'm going to have a hard enough time paying off my massive student loans, finding a job and affordable housing without going into the red, let alone get a mil before I retire.[/size]
John Posted February 22, 2007 Posted February 22, 2007 When I am a famous multi-millionaire business tycoon, I will proudly proclaim that the secret to my success does not stem from an article in a titty mag.
Allamorph Posted February 23, 2007 Posted February 23, 2007 [quote name='John']When I am a famous multi-millionaire business tycoon, I will proudly proclaim that the secret to my success does not stem from an article in a titty mag.[/quote] [FONT=Arial]Ha ha. :animesmil Can anyone say: [center][size=5][B][I]PWN!![/I][/B][/SIZE][/center][/FONT]
DeathKnight Posted February 23, 2007 Posted February 23, 2007 [color=crimson]When I'm poor as **** I doubt I'll care either way.[/color]
Nerdsy Posted February 23, 2007 Posted February 23, 2007 [color=deeppink]Assuming I start work now and retire at 60, all I have to do is make $25000 a year to "make or generate around or over $1,000,000 before I retire." Less if I retire later.[/color]
Rachmaninoff Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']When I'm poor as **** I doubt I'll care either way.[/color][/quote]Quoted for truth. I expect to not become a millionaire but rather to work in the profession I have chosen and save enough money to retire and yet have enough to live comfortably.
Gavin Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [quote name='Rachmaninoff']Quoted for truth. I expect to not become a millionaire but rather to work in the profession I have chosen and save enough money to retire and yet have enough to live comfortably.[/quote] [SIZE=1]Pretty much all I hope for, get a well-paying job I enjoy, work hard for a few decades and retire to enjoy the fruits of that work. I think the obsessions with becoming a millionaire/billionaire/excessively wealthy individual has made people lose sight of really how relatively speaking, you only need get a decent job to retire comfortably, depending on your home nation and the pension you manage to build up. [/SIZE]
Horendithas Posted February 24, 2007 Posted February 24, 2007 [COLOR=DarkRed]I don't see myself become a millionaire especially since my chosen profession does not pay that well. But it is a field where I will be paid more than enough to build a retirement fund for the day when I do retire. So long as I have a home over my head and enough to pay the bills I'm not to worried. Nor do I care if I become rich. Which is why I usually ignore such pages in books and magazines such as you posted Tekkaman. Because in the end, I like what I am doing and even if it is clichéd, that's what really matters in the end. [/COLOR]
Raina Posted February 26, 2007 Posted February 26, 2007 [FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=Blue]I must agree with the others when I say that I don't care about becoming a millionaire. I spend too much money to save anyway. :animeswea I want to live now, and not save for the future, coz you never know when you're going to die. If I live for now, it means that I make enough money for the present. And that would mean that I automatically make enough contributions to my superannuation. I'll worry about my future when it becomes the present. :catgirl: [/COLOR][/FONT]
Panda Posted February 26, 2007 Posted February 26, 2007 I have to admit that I only skimmed through the linked articles since, well, they really don't apply to me. I'm already married, over 30 and a woman. And I'm sure we can see from the article source that I am not considered in the reader demographic. LOL I am with those who just want to live a comfortable life. Which I am. I have all those things "grown ups" are suppose to have to prepare for the future. I started making plans for retirement when I was in my early twenties. As long as I don't have to worry about how I am going to pay the bills or where my next meal is coming from I'll be fine.
Revelation Posted February 27, 2007 Posted February 27, 2007 [size=1][color=#4B5B5B]Like everyone else, I'm not looking to be a millionaire; however, the tips shown on the [B]Make Your Money Multiply[/B] article doesn't necessarily have to be used to become a millionaire. Those are good tips to use to gain a sufficient amount of money for retirement and whatnot. As for me, as long as I have a roof over my head, food in my fridge, and enough money to pay the bills- and other fees- then I'm good. I honestly don't care about being a millionaire and besides, that sort of thing is overrated. [Well, in my opinion anyways.][/size][/color]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now