OtakuBoards

Something to think about

SSJ5 Vegeta

Below I will submit a theorum of mine, rather a hypothesis, since a theorum is something that can be proven, rather mine can't at this time, but very possibly could sometime else.

I ask only that you read with an open mind, and dispense of any opinions until after you have read the whole thing.

This is called the: [b]Eternal Theory (Hypothesis)[/b]
[b]By:[/b] JD

I believe Ablert Einstein stated that "For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction." Well this is pretty much the backbone of my theory, and what makes it, possible that it could occur, as this theory applies to everything else in science.

We all know that genetics has come a long way since it's birth, however even since then, scientists still have not mapped the entire DNA structure, and still do not know alot of things about genetics, chromosones, the things that determine, who we will be, what we will look like, what kind of inherited diseases we shall have.

Most genetic disorders are caused by an error in the number of chromosones in a person, or caused by defective chromosones. This being said, it could be possible for the opposite of these defects to occur.

There exists an incredibly rare genetic disorder, which causes the afflicted humans body to age at an increased rate. This is a real disorder, I didn't make it up. I once saw a child on T.V. that was 12 years old, but his body had aged so quickly he had the body of a 70 year old man. And I'm not just talking internally, he also had all the external features. His back sagged, he had gray hair balding in patches, and wrinkles covered his face.

It would be arrogant, and ignorant to assume that an opposite, may not be possible for this disorder, because I believe it very well could. I think it is possible, however rare it may be, I believe that if a persons chromosones were arranged in such a fashion, or defected in a fashion, that instead of a person having their body aged at a rapid rate, their body would age at a very slow rate, and depending on how slow their body aged, someone could live possibly hundreds of years, more than a normal human ever could.

I believe that due to Einsteins theory of equal and opposite, I believe that one day, maybe not for many years, maybe not even in this century, that someday, someone in the world will be born with the "Eternal" disorder and turn my hypothesis, into a theorum.

It would be arrogant and ignorant to assume that my hypothesis could not be true, however I know my hypothesis cannot be proven, however on the same basis, it can't be disproven either.

That concludes my theory/hypothesis, which I have formed.

Please submit your opinions, and tell me what you think.

I have another theory, however I won't submit it yet, until I find out what you guys think of this one.

It makes sense. I suppose there is no disproving it. But, unless I'm mistaken, the disorder you spoke of isn't a disorder, but it is a disease. And for your theory to occur there would have to be another disease which made people age slowly, or a cure for the already known disease that works too well. I'm not dismissing it, nor am I saying that I'm a phanatical believer in it. I'm just saying, its doubtful.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]It makes sense. I suppose there is no disproving it. But, unless I'm mistaken, the disorder you spoke of isn't a disorder, but it is a disease. And for your theory to occur there would have to be another disease which made people age slowly, or a cure for the already known disease that works too well. I'm not dismissing it, nor am I saying that I'm a phanatical believer in it. I'm just saying, its doubtful.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I researched it. It is a genetic disorder, here is a quote by a scientist off of msnbc.com:

?What?s exciting about these findings is that they suggest that there is a genetic system common to all animals that regulates aging,? said David Gems of University College London.

It is a genetic system that regulates aging, thus it is possible for my theory to be correct because since people have a defective aging system which makes them age faster, could it not be true that sometime someone could have a defective genetic system to make them age really slowly?

Here is something else that proves my theory:

Earlier research on roundworms found that defects in two genes, called daf-2 and age-1, doubled and even tripled worm life span.

Defects in roundworm genes causes triples their lifespan. Since they have some of the same genetic structures as humans it could be possible for this to happen in humans. However most of the test subjects that lived longer, had dwarfism as a side effect.

Your theory makes perfect sense. The movie "Jack" was based around that disorder, and while is was a movie, it was based on a true person with that very disorder.

I believe, however, that in changing genetics to that extent would be playing God. Humans are not meant to live for such an extended amount of time. If you were to eat right and stay healthy throughout your life, then you would most likely live to be around 100 before you die. While developments will eventually be made to improve health naturally, changing one's genetics is wrong in the eyes of many people. One who has "tampered" genetics is no longer a human, but a genetically engineered statistic. Granted they may look and act like a normal person, but they will never be human.

Inevitably(sp), this will lead to the possibility of immortality and even perfection through genetics. There will be people who use this data in persuing eternal life. Forgive me, but I simply think playing God is wrong. The human lifespan leaves plenty of time to live a happy life.

[color=indigo] being a strong believer that there is an opposite for everything, I think that if there is a genetic disorder that causes rapid aging that it must have its opposite, but it may not be evident in humans only in other species, or its opposite could be that a persons ageing process is gradually slowed throughout the years....but who knows, I'm definately no scientist....[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i]
[B]Your theory makes perfect sense. The movie "Jack" was based around that disorder, and while is was a movie, it was based on a true person with that very disorder.[/B][/QUOTE]

i might be wrong, but the disorder you speak of makes them look like an old man in a kids body, not have it so a 5 year old is the same height of a 50 year old. anyway, for the longer life gene, that would be the end of mankind as we know it. the world is over populated as it is, and making the life span of a person to were they die at the average age of 150, would make it much more over populated.

Also, they are already working on this, they are testing it on worms and it works. but the way you explain it is wrong. How they are doing it is by increasing the ending seal (i guess you call it that, i don't know the exact name). Because everytime a cell duplicates, the seal at the end gets shorter, and when it finally goes away, the cell dies. when they make it longer, the cell duplicates more

there are creatures in this world that age much slower than a normal human does.

also, the average lifespan of a human flutuates w/ time. humans used to have an enormous lifespan (900 years or so, if you believe the genealogies in the old testament), then they dropped dramatically durning the dark ages b/c of disease & such, & now they're going back up again.

so, who knows?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B]there are creatures in this world that age much slower than a normal human does.

also, the average lifespan of a human flutuates w/ time. humans used to have an enormous lifespan (900 years or so, if you believe the genealogies in the old testament), then they dropped dramatically durning the dark ages b/c of disease & such, & now they're going back up again.

so, who knows? [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I think it was Methuselah that has lived the longest in recorded history, 900+ (can't remember the excact number). And as for creatures aging slower than humans, or living longer, trees have lived for thousands of years. Who know how high or how long a redwood could live if it were never cut down, or lightning never struck it. I think, it an unharmful environment (free from disease and unnatural factors) humans could probably, eventually increase their life spans like in days of old, before that plagues etc. etc. like Lady M said.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dragonfire1477 [/i]
[B]Your theory makes perfect sense. The movie "Jack" was based around that disorder, and while is was a movie, it was based on a true person with that very disorder.

I believe, however, that in changing genetics to that extent would be playing God. Humans are not meant to live for such an extended amount of time. If you were to eat right and stay healthy throughout your life, then you would most likely live to be around 100 before you die. While developments will eventually be made to improve health naturally, changing one's genetics is wrong in the eyes of many people. One who has "tampered" genetics is no longer a human, but a genetically engineered statistic. Granted they may look and act like a normal person, but they will never be human.

Inevitably(sp), this will lead to the possibility of immortality and even perfection through genetics. There will be people who use this data in persuing eternal life. Forgive me, but I simply think playing God is wrong. The human lifespan leaves plenty of time to live a happy life. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm not stating we should tamper with genes. My theory states that sometime, this will probably occur naturally to a very lucky/unlucky person depending on how you look at it.

Well, that makes sence... a rather scary thought. Though even if we were to 'use' it, remember that it would take a long time for the person to even reach adulthood, and that his or her intelligence would not be affected at all, only the amount of experiences the person could have. We humans have limits, and there is no way a person who's lived for hundreds of years would recall clearly things from way back unless it's a reflex.

On a side note, I am against any form of genetic manipulation until the human race 'grows up'. Which won't happen.

My second theory, is pretty much based on the rudaments of the first one: Equal & Opposites...

It's my "Ironman" hypothesis.

As we all know there exist genetic disorders which cause rapid degeneration of bones, tissues, and muscles.

What if someone had the opposite of this disorder. Rapid regeneration of bones, tissues and muscles. For example, a person could lift a lot of weight one day, go back and lift twice as much the next day with about the same effort as last time. Their muscles would regenerate themselves at a rapid rate, how rapidly would depend on just how their genes were manipulated.

Another example: A person could get a deep cut on their hand, and look at it in a day or two and it would be gone.

It's also my belief that sometime along the line of human existence someone will be born with this ability as well. Who knows, if you're reading this, you may have this yourself, and not know it. Because you've probably never tested yourself to see if it was possible for you to bench 150 pounds one day, come back the next day and benched 160, 170, 180, 190, even 200 pounds with the same effort.

And for the sake of this matter. I myself, am testing this theory out, on... well... myself. I will begin benchpressing every other night, stepping up my weight 10 pounds every time I lift, I know this is probably suicidal, but I've got to try it anyway.