OtakuBoards

Facebook

Ellerby

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I can't believe people are still talking about MySpace. Don't you guys know that [color=royalblue][B]facebook.com[/B][/color] is all the rage now? MySpace is old news. Seriously, I'm not being sarcastic. It is.

I've got some questions for you all to answer. Why did you join Facebook? Got any OBers on your Facebook? Do you like it more than MySpace? Why do you think more people like Facebook than MySpace now?

As for me, I have one OBer on my Facebook. Retribution. PM me if you want my name or something. Obviously I like it way more than MySpace. MySpace like... pressured you to have a cool looking page. Everything is so simple on Facebook and it just makes life easier.

Also, what are some groups you guys are in? :whoops:[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am sorry, but I must say facebook is worse than myspace. There is nothing to really do on facebook.

I joined facebook to see what it was all about because secretly, I have no life and need things to do. After about five minutes of it, I got so aggrivated with it for some reason (I guess because I got bored with it as soon as I saw the personal page), and haven't really gone back. I really don't see what the big deal is about facebook. I do, however, have two OBers...er... x-OBers: Barra and Starlight.

So yeah. I'm not really in any groups either... those are lame. :)

[COLOR=maroon]I like the non-intrusive look of Facebook. MySpace, however, was open to everyone far earlier than Facebook, and so most of my friends who don't have college connections in the states rely on MySpace. They aren't social website whores, so they only joined for the sake of staying connected, and are really just too lazy to switch over.

Simply put, the timing for Facebook was poor.[/COLOR]

Pretty much everyone I know is on Facebook. I think it might be a regional thing (like how some high schools use MSN and some use AIM). I barely ever log in except to post birthday messages, but it's a nice way to stay connected. Ironically, knowing that my old friends are just a click away has kind of discouraged me from keeping in close contact with them. I tell myself that I can talk to them whenever I feel like it, and somehow having that ability keeps me from [i]ever[/i] feeling like it.

Secret groups are fun.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger]I barely ever log in except to post birthday messages, but it's a nice way to stay connected. Ironically, knowing that my old friends are just a click away has kind of discouraged me from keeping in close contact with them. I tell myself that I can talk to them whenever I feel like it, and somehow having that ability keeps me from [i]ever[/i'] feeling like it.[/quote]

Actually, that's how my pattern of usage has gone, too, with both Facebook and MySpace. Oh well, even if I don't contact people as much as I'd like, it's at least nice to know they still exist. On MySpace I recently got a message from a friend I haven't been in touch with since middle school, which is pretty wild. And thanks to Facebook, I found out a good friend from high school will be transferring to my college next quarter. :)

Anyway, uh, obviously I have a Facebook page lol. I joined when it was still a college-only site, just to have one, I guess. I've got a few OBers on my page... Syk3, Sara, Queen Asuka, Arcadia, Generic NPC #3, Ben, Solo Tremaine, AJeh, and I think that's about it. I'm so connected!

Ooh, I just remembered a big reason I like Facebook right now - the NCAA tournament pool!! I doubt I'll win anything, and I'll probably come in 69th place in my school or something, but whatever. It's a fun random thing. We should set up some sort of OB pool if there's time left and anyone other than me is interested...

EDIT: Whoops, the tournament's already started; guess there's no time left! :p

[size=1]Facebook is just lame. There is no music!

I admittedly have a Facebook account, but I only talk to one person on it. The novelty only lasted a day, really. And that's because I found some girls I went to Elementary School with, but then we stopped talking the next day. Haha.

You want a real site? Trig is where it's at; it's like MySpace, minus the crappy maintnence, add a LOT more music. Revolution.[/size]

[font=tahoma][color=#996633]Facebook? New? *laugh* You do realize facebook is older then myspace right? But yes, facebook has been around for a long time. It's more conservative and less modern then Myspace. It's more of a downgrade really, I prefer myspace mostly due to how easy it is, even though I never use it anymore.

Ahh....that amused me. [/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Dagger]Pretty much everyone I know is on Facebook. I think it might be a regional thing (like how some high schools use MSN and some use AIM). I barely ever log in except to post birthday messages, but it's a nice way to stay connected. Ironically, knowing that my old friends are just a click away has kind of discouraged me from keeping in close contact with them. I tell myself that I can talk to them whenever I feel like it, and somehow having that ability keeps me from [i]ever[/i] feeling like it.

Secret groups are fun.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
[size=1]Then the hunt for Dagger IRL continues, the trail is hot yet!

I love Facebook, and I can't stand MySpace. I feel guilty having a Facebook as a senior in high school, since I'm kind of ruining the "cool" factor for college students, but I just don't care. It's cleaner, more organized and reliable, and no phishing.

I'd love to add OB people, so just search for Alexander Ivey. And please tell me your username from here in the personalized message... no one likes random friend requests.[/size]

[QUOTE=Retribution][size=1]
I love Facebook, and I can't stand MySpace. I feel guilty having a Facebook as a senior in high school, since I'm kind of ruining the "cool" factor for college students, but I just don't care. It's cleaner, more organized and reliable, and no phishing.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=dimgray] I definitely can't put down everyone who did join Facebook when it opened up to high schoolers/basically everyone. It was clean, well-kept, and didn't have the reputation of MySpace.

Just the fact that it used to the official college stomping ground was neat and appealing. I got a Facebook under Duke when I got a personal email address there, but when it opened to high schools, I switched networks, too.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's not really "cool" anymore, as in anyone can get it. But it's still one of the best social networking sites.

Even though I'm secretly a LJ-whore. [/color]

[QUOTE=Peanut][font=tahoma][color=#996633]Facebook? New? *laugh* You do realize facebook is older then myspace right?
[/font][/color][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Every source I've found says that [URL=http://www.answers.com/topic/myspace]myspace[/URL] is older than [URL=http://www.answers.com/facebook]facebook.[/URL] [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Cyan][B]Well, I have to say...I'm the only one without a facebook at my school...I needn't turn into a facebook wh...I mean...Facebook Zombie. xD... My friend Katie wants me to get one...but most of me is too lazy to get one, so I havn't. So far...from what I've seen, Facebook is poorly done comapred to MySpace. Why sit around looking at 105 pictures of some girl? WHY? But I will say that I'd give it a try if anyone would go ahead and make one for me (lol) just because...I don't feel like making it myself.[/B][/COLOR]