OtakuBoards

Ff X

gouf

what is ff x like iam am not sure if i shold get it or not plese dont tell me just to get it i want a reason and dont say its just cool either give me a reason! i have played allmost ever final fansty game there is.

[COLOR=red] [SIZE=1]Whoa, whatch your Grammar -Cloud[/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry that you didn't have time for it at my house, Gouf. I'll try to break it down for you and anyone else.

[u]Story[/u]
Water is the theme to this one and if you liked ff8 or 4 you would like it.

[u]Battles[/u]
You can now switch characters in the middle of fights. No experience is gained either. Instead, there is a sphere grid and you get steps and orbs and you set the orbs in slots for abilities and the steps to move to them. <- Sounds kind'a confusing but I got it pretty fast.

[u]Graphics[/u]
They almost are at MGS2's level.

If there is anything else you need, let me know.

Guest Voodookanaka
hmm... personally if ure not sure u might b better going for the xenosaga, its meant to b slightly better, but youll have to wait longer for release

Well I've got to wait until it gets released here in the UK.:flaming:
Oh well I've done it before, I can do it again...
Like many have said, rent it out first and see what [U]you[/U] think. But the battle system seems to be alot different, with quite alot of dialogue apparently.

well, if you rent it and play it alot youll surely beat it before 5 days and its possible to beat it in 2 if your know what your doing but if you really want to play over and over then you should buy it. if your going to school then you want have the time to play it alot..

[SIZE=1]I think renting Final Fantasy X will cause you to buy it. Due to the fact that, you most likely wont complete it (I know I wouldnt) unless, you know what you're doing. But maybe you get to rent games longer than us in the UK, so I dunno on that one, but it'll build up the suspense if you don't complete it, so it's up to you.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan Enraged [/i]
[B]I rented it and it's tight! You should definately try it out. it's really easy though. I got halfway through in a day. Tahts a downside for me cuz i like really hard games [/B][/QUOTE]

I find some of the boss battles rather difficult. Some of them require a lot of strategy or advanced magic spells. But goodness, halfway in one day? I hear it's a forty hour game!! Surely you're exaggerating just a bit....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I find some of the boss battles rather difficult. Some of them require a lot of strategy or advanced magic spells. But goodness, halfway in one day? I hear it's a forty hour game!! Surely you're exaggerating just a bit.... [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]40 hours !? That's quite short gameplay for a Final Fantasy game, but if alot of strategy is needed it'll be alot longer I suppose...[/SIZE]

300 hours? Lol not even going to comment on that. I'm at 50 hours and I can go fight the last boss, and I don't go through the game particularly fast or slow. So that's about the average. The game only resembles FF8 in the character design (tidus and squall look like brothers or something) and the music. You'll be glad to see MP, treasure boxes, and armor. No accessories tho =\. And despite having free control over what your character to learn, because they all start on different parts of the sphere grid, they still manage to get that unique feel like in FF9 or FF4. Also, you could play blitzball for a very long time, and it IS pretty fun once you level up your characters a bit and they don't completely suck ><.

I've plauyed it for nearly two weeks straight with almost no breaks. I've played it for that long (14hrs a day) and I'm at Halfway thru the game. I have only died once and I have never started over. If you must know, I just beat Seymour Natus. My time so far 214hrs and 19mins. <- of couse, I'm not trying to beat the game as fast as I can, I want to get all the game has to offer.

[SIZE=1]Ok could I change the subject from gameplay in Final Fantasy X to another subject in Final Fantasy X?[/SIZE]
----
[SIZE=1]Ok quite a while ago. In one of my magazines I have seen like calvary unit Chocobos with warriors riding ( I'll call this ''Choco- Back'') and a commander leading them so they're charging down a hill. Has anyone occured this part of the game? And if so could you tell me the basic story line of this event. (*Looks at CWB*) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]And also another thing I saw. (This was in Electronics Boutique). It looked like an FMV of Tidus racing on a sort of 'hover board', is this another sport the the people use of 'spira'(sp) to escape Sin?[/SIZE]