OtakuBoards

Ff X

gouf

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Choco's: Kinda, late in the game you get a stupid chocobo and you have to beat a trainer's score. Then flying blitzballs and birds turn the place into an obsticle course as you race agant the trainer.

Blitzball: A sport that is played in Spira so everyone can forget about Sin- for the moment at least. It's hard to explain how to play it. Think about it like this.... Soccer+ Football+ water= Blitzball. <- I know that it won't help you much.

I'll try to explain Blitzball. You've already been given the actual purpose of the game-a means of entertainment that helps the citizens of Spira forget about Sin.

The game is played inside a sphere of water. Blitzball players can hold their breath for hours. Anyway, the point of the game, like soccer, is to score more goals than the opposing team by throwing, or kicking the ball into a net. There are two periods split into five minutes and a halftime in between.

The game is played via a menu system. You can allow the computer to control the character in possession of the ball, or do it yourself. This is for offense only. On defense, the computer will always control your team.

When another player(or players) of the opposing team comes into contact with you(player with ball), or "challenges" you, a menu will come up. It gives the player the option to break through the defense, pass the ball, or shoot the ball. If you break through, you can dribble(continue to hold the ball), shoot it, or pass it to another player.

However, this is all based on numbers. Your character has certain attributes for passing ability, shooting ability, and endurance(what's needed to break). If the opposing player(s) have higher blocking ability than you have passing or shooting ability, the pass or shot will be intercepted. If you have lower endurance than they do, you will be stripped of the ball when you try to break.

When you pass or shoot, your passing or shooting ability will drain. If the number reaches zero, the pass will be dropped or the shot will be blocked by the keeper. When you are locked in a challenge, if you have higher passing ability, than the defender, the pass will be "tapped" yet still continue towards its destination, but your overall number will be subtracted by the defenders number. For instance, if you have 10 passing ability, and they have 7 and you throw it, your passing ability will more often than not, be reduced to three.

That should cover the premise of it.

[SIZE=1]Ok I've got it. So it's basically in a sense similar to Tetra master, with numbers/strengths etc, so for example, (I know Wakka's on the same team as Tidus), Wakka challenges Tidus, and Tidus has 7 for passing, and Wakka has 9, then if Tidus tries to pass, Wakka would block it. Thanks.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]I hear that there is no world map in FFX, how does this affect the game? How do you move from the first city, to the last? Is it all just screen to screen, with no transport vehicles? [/B][/QUOTE]

hey this is my quiz show iam asking the question.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]

hey this is my quiz show iam asking the question. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whoa, calm down. I just posted that here so we wouldn't have the board cluttered up by threads for every question about a game. Ask any member/Mod, and they will tell you that if you ask questions about a game, you should try to do it on one thread, so there isn't 100 threads on 100 diffrent questions, when they could all be in one.

There kinda is a world map, but it's not three dimensional and you're not free to wander around on it. The game is extremely linear. As you progress to a new area, the map will overlay on the screen and show the location that you have arrived at. Later on, you can enter coordinates into the airship to travel to previously explored areas.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gouf [/i]
[B]i saw this pic of titus and that gril. titus was lookin g at a huge city like las vages and the gril was looking at ruins. someone tell me what thats about. [/B][/QUOTE]

Were starting to get into majour spoilers here, mabye you should just wait 'till you play the game.

I beat the game about a week ago. The final boss fights are way too easy. You can only die in one of the final boss fights( (all characters have auto-life and if they die they will automatically have auto-life again). Where's the challenge in that? And as for the ending. I thought it was disappointingly short and predictable (but I won't say it anyway)