Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
what is ff x like iam am not sure if i shold get it or not plese dont tell me just to get it i want a reason and dont say its just cool either give me a reason! i have played allmost ever final fansty game there is.

[COLOR=red] [SIZE=1]Whoa, whatch your Grammar -Cloud[/SIZE] [/COLOR]
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
Actually there's a thread called Final Fantasy X(Yes, another thread) that should answer your questions about the game. My advice is, to read reviews on it as well, or rent it if you are unsure.
Posted
Sorry that you didn't have time for it at my house, Gouf. I'll try to break it down for you and anyone else.

[u]Story[/u]
Water is the theme to this one and if you liked ff8 or 4 you would like it.

[u]Battles[/u]
You can now switch characters in the middle of fights. No experience is gained either. Instead, there is a sphere grid and you get steps and orbs and you set the orbs in slots for abilities and the steps to move to them. <- Sounds kind'a confusing but I got it pretty fast.

[u]Graphics[/u]
They almost are at MGS2's level.

If there is anything else you need, let me know.
Guest Voodookanaka
Posted
hmm... personally if ure not sure u might b better going for the xenosaga, its meant to b slightly better, but youll have to wait longer for release
Posted
Well I've got to wait until it gets released here in the UK.:flaming:
Oh well I've done it before, I can do it again...
Like many have said, rent it out first and see what [U]you[/U] think. But the battle system seems to be alot different, with quite alot of dialogue apparently.
Posted
well, if you rent it and play it alot youll surely beat it before 5 days and its possible to beat it in 2 if your know what your doing but if you really want to play over and over then you should buy it. if your going to school then you want have the time to play it alot..
Posted
...not that good at spelling either, eh? I know, I'm bad. Have no fear though, for the game is linear as they come. You should have no trouble getting far enough into it to form an opinion during your rental time.
Posted
[SIZE=1]I think renting Final Fantasy X will cause you to buy it. Due to the fact that, you most likely wont complete it (I know I wouldnt) unless, you know what you're doing. But maybe you get to rent games longer than us in the UK, so I dunno on that one, but it'll build up the suspense if you don't complete it, so it's up to you.[/SIZE]
Posted
I reccomend that you buy it, or you can borow it once I'm done. If you want to pay attention to the story, u should really buy it. Half the game is story where you can't do anything. <- forgot, you can't skip those things! So, you could borrow it from me when I beat it. (I know him)
Posted
[SIZE=1]I can't wait until it gets released here, you sure are lucky Gouf. I don't usually lend my Final Fantasy's, oops, oh yeah, I'm already lending Final Fantasy 7. Never mind me.lol[/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gohan Enraged [/i]
[B]I rented it and it's tight! You should definately try it out. it's really easy though. I got halfway through in a day. Tahts a downside for me cuz i like really hard games [/B][/QUOTE]

I find some of the boss battles rather difficult. Some of them require a lot of strategy or advanced magic spells. But goodness, halfway in one day? I hear it's a forty hour game!! Surely you're exaggerating just a bit....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]

I find some of the boss battles rather difficult. Some of them require a lot of strategy or advanced magic spells. But goodness, halfway in one day? I hear it's a forty hour game!! Surely you're exaggerating just a bit.... [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]40 hours !? That's quite short gameplay for a Final Fantasy game, but if alot of strategy is needed it'll be alot longer I suppose...[/SIZE]
Posted
[SIZE=1]40 hours is probably the average... I'll take alot longer :p
I mean on FFVII, I'm on like 14 hours.... still on Disc One... :sleep: Heh heh :smirk:[/SIZE]
Posted
i like ff X!
meh big bro has it!
i fink its cool but never really watch him play it though.......
but i wonld like 2!
i just like ff!
im interested in stuff i saw of the internet a clip its cool!
Posted
300 hours? Lol not even going to comment on that. I'm at 50 hours and I can go fight the last boss, and I don't go through the game particularly fast or slow. So that's about the average. The game only resembles FF8 in the character design (tidus and squall look like brothers or something) and the music. You'll be glad to see MP, treasure boxes, and armor. No accessories tho =\. And despite having free control over what your character to learn, because they all start on different parts of the sphere grid, they still manage to get that unique feel like in FF9 or FF4. Also, you could play blitzball for a very long time, and it IS pretty fun once you level up your characters a bit and they don't completely suck ><.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Hmm, isn't 50 hours the usual average in a Final Fantasy game? For me it isn't, it's more like a year :D. I just hope Final Fantasy X makes a strike to the PS2 gameplay criteria.[/SIZE]
Posted
I've plauyed it for nearly two weeks straight with almost no breaks. I've played it for that long (14hrs a day) and I'm at Halfway thru the game. I have only died once and I have never started over. If you must know, I just beat Seymour Natus. My time so far 214hrs and 19mins. <- of couse, I'm not trying to beat the game as fast as I can, I want to get all the game has to offer.
Posted
[SIZE=1]Ok could I change the subject from gameplay in Final Fantasy X to another subject in Final Fantasy X?[/SIZE]
----
[SIZE=1]Ok quite a while ago. In one of my magazines I have seen like calvary unit Chocobos with warriors riding ( I'll call this ''Choco- Back'') and a commander leading them so they're charging down a hill. Has anyone occured this part of the game? And if so could you tell me the basic story line of this event. (*Looks at CWB*) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]And also another thing I saw. (This was in Electronics Boutique). It looked like an FMV of Tidus racing on a sort of 'hover board', is this another sport the the people use of 'spira'(sp) to escape Sin?[/SIZE]
Posted
I usually spend no more than 200 hours on one game...right now I'm 37:12 into the game...I'm almost done with it and my characters are in good shape...it's just the side quests and all the secrets (Which are well worth the time to get, espeically the viewer later on...)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...