OtakuBoards

Are you in any bands or musical-type groups?

Zytka

[quote name='Nomurah!'][B]All this mess
[/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]
You're pretty prolific there aren't you?

Do you do backing vocals for Kingdom Under Siege or are you all bass? Also is that Christian thing supposed to be a joke or are you guys going for a TDWP/War of Ages kinda thing?[/size]

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zen'][size=1]
You're pretty prolific there aren't you?

Do you do backing vocals for Kingdom Under Siege or are you all bass? Also is that Christian thing supposed to be a joke or are you guys going for a TDWP/War of Ages kinda thing?[/size][/QUOTE]
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
Haha, one band isn't enough, you know?

I actually do backing vocals, before we've done dual screaming, but now they want to write a few singing parts into the mix, so I'll be singing some. We all love God, hah. We give testimonies at every show, we used to never think about any of it, but like, I got saved, then our guitarist got saved, and then we decided we should write some music that meant something, nothing insincere. We hate how the whole God thing has just become nothing but a marketing front for a lot of heavy bands (cough cough Attack Attack).

Our singer's biggest influence is probably [B]Miss May I[/B]. My biggest influence is [B]Have Heart[/B] and [B]Black My Heart[/B]. Then you got the other guys in the band that like stuff like [B]For Today, Carnifex, Whitechapel, Crimson Armada[/B], all that common stuff, you know, we just make stuff that is similar to that. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]
Haha, one band isn't enough, you know?

I actually do backing vocals, before we've done dual screaming, but now they want to write a few singing parts into the mix, so I'll be singing some. We all love God, hah. We give testimonies at every show, we used to never think about any of it, but like, I got saved, then our guitarist got saved, and then we decided we should write some music that meant something, nothing insincere. We hate how the whole God thing has just become nothing but a marketing front for a lot of heavy bands (cough cough Attack Attack).

Our singer's biggest influence is probably [B]Miss May I[/B]. My biggest influence is [B]Have Heart[/B] and [B]Black My Heart[/B]. Then you got the other guys in the band that like stuff like [B]For Today, Carnifex, Whitechapel, Crimson Armada[/B], all that common stuff, you know, we just make stuff that is similar to that. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

That's cool I guess.

I'm going to break ground on extreme Buddhacore. Or maybe Dharmacore... Zencore?

I dunno. But its going to be sick. I'm not a Christian but I like a few bands that are like August Burns Red and what not. As long as the lyrics kind of dance around the religion and don't go for the straight up "I LOVE JESUS" approach then I'll usually give it a listen.

Anyways, good stuff, dude.[/size]

That's cool I guess.

I'm going to break ground on extreme Buddhacore. Or maybe Dharmacore... Zencore?

I dunno. But its going to be sick. I'm not a Christian but I like a few bands that are like August Burns Red and what not. As long as the lyrics kind of dance around the religion and don't go for the straight up "I LOVE JESUS" approach then I'll usually give it a listen.

Anyways, good stuff, dude.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]haha, I don't think I've ever heard any band's promoting Buddhist beliefs, but I would love it, I think the Buddhist way of life is so peaceful, it's nice. I'm sure it would be like a nice asian positive hardcore band.. called "The Monks" or "Buddha Tree". I'm sure that's already taken though...

Buddha Tree for the win. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]haha, I don't think I've ever heard any band's promoting Buddhist beliefs, but I would love it, I think the Buddhist way of life is so peaceful, it's nice. I'm sure it would be like a nice asian positive hardcore band.. called "The Monks" or "Buddha Tree". I'm sure that's already taken though...

Buddha Tree for the win. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE][size=1]

Hah, well I'm definetly not in a posicore band. We're like, thrash/punk-infused deathcore. Though I guess that'd be fun. Its always been on the back of my mind, me and a buddy have wanted to. We were going to call it "Team Up! Team Up!", after the Four Year Strong lyric.

I'm the only Buddhist in my band, and I'm hardly going to promote my beliefs, though I'm going to be writing some of the songs around my belief system. Like one in which I struggle with the conflict of "I'm supposed to be loving and kind to all people, but I hate the current state of society and other people so much".

I really do want to change my band name. [b]Dig The Grave[/b] is so bland.

I came up with [b]Heavy Lies The Crown[/b], which is already taken multiple times over, and [b]Conflict Theory[/b], which reminds me too much of Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park. I'd like for the name to have meaning and be referential. But Buddhism hardly has any cool titles. Everything is about loving kindness. I was thinking of the name [b]Words As Weapons[/b] but I'm sure that's taken...

Hm... Well, that one seems pretty free.[/size]

Hah, well I'm definetly not in a posicore band. We're like, thrash/punk-infused deathcore. Though I guess that'd be fun. Its always been on the back of my mind, me and a buddy have wanted to. We were going to call it "Team Up! Team Up!", after the Four Year Strong lyric.

I'm the only Buddhist in my band, and I'm hardly going to promote my beliefs, though I'm going to be writing some of the songs around my belief system. Like one in which I struggle with the conflict of "I'm supposed to be loving and kind to all people, but I hate the current state of society and other people so much".

I really do want to change my band name. [b]Dig The Grave[/b] is so bland.

I came up with [b]Heavy Lies The Crown[/b], which is already taken multiple times over, and [b]Conflict Theory[/b], which reminds me too much of Hybrid Theory by Linkin Park. I'd like for the name to have meaning and be referential. But Buddhism hardly has any cool titles. Everything is about loving kindness. I was thinking of the name [b]Words As Weapons[/b] but I'm sure that's taken...

Hm... Well, that one seems pretty free.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha, I don't like the whole three word ___ the ___ kind of band names... I want to start a hardcore band, and perhaps call it something typical... two words... with impact.. I was thinking [B]Make Change[/B] but I have a feeling a search on myspace will come up with some results...

I'm the only person in my band that promotes [I]Islam[/I], haha. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Haha, I don't like the whole three word ___ the ___ kind of band names... I want to start a hardcore band, and perhaps call it something typical... two words... with impact.. I was thinking [B]Make Change[/B] but I have a feeling a search on myspace will come up with some results...

I'm the only person in my band that promotes [I]Islam[/I], haha. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1] You mean like [b]Have Heart[/b]?

[i]Islam[/i]? How does that play out?[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Zen'][size=1] You mean like [b]Have Heart[/b]?

[i]Islam[/i]? How does that play out?[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Absolutely. Have Heart is my favorite anything beside Bloc Party band. hah.

It plays out fine. I believe in Muhammad's teachings, they believe in the trinity, we don't talk about it much, we just focus on the whole "love" thing. Playing music for God really makes you feel really tight, because it really is the Christian kids that will get up there and crowd around you and hardcore dance and shout out the gang shouts in my state... I have become sort of a hardcore dancing nerd since I started hanging out with my friends, hah, I love it now. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Nomurah!'][SIZE="1"][COLOR="HotPink"]Absolutely. Have Heart is my favorite anything beside Bloc Party band. hah.

It plays out fine. I believe in Muhammad's teachings, they believe in the trinity, we don't talk about it much, we just focus on the whole "love" thing. Playing music for God really makes you feel really tight, because it really is the Christian kids that will get up there and crowd around you and hardcore dance and shout out the gang shouts in my state... I have become sort of a hardcore dancing nerd since I started hanging out with my friends, hah, I love it now. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[size=1]

Hardcore dancing is fun. I love it. In fact, I love all the aspects of the hardcore community. The comradery, the dancing, gang shouts, etc.

My band is deathcore-ish, but I'm trying to see if I can make it a positive deathcore thing for some of it. Gallows is a real big influence on my "hardcore" approach, but my lyrics (atleast half of them) are inspired by posicore stuff like Have Heart, Four Year Strong, and Stretch Armstrong.

Being Buddhist, balance and peace is a big thing, so while I can bring up some negative aspects of society to throw my "angry lyrics" at, I'm trying to throw in some of positive aspects in, though I try to be mellow about it, because my other band members aren't Buddhist. [/size]

• 1 month later...
Recently did a guitar recording after a year hiatus of no-recording. Note that it fades out a lot and skips noise because my plug-in cord is evil.

[url]http://lion-serpent.vox.com/library/post/first-recording-in-a-year.html[/url]

Thanks for listening, and enjoy.

Om shanti/ om shakti.

• 2 months later...
[size=1]

My new band [b]Eyes Cast Down[/b], I'm vocalist. This was our first show two days ago. [/size]

[YOUTUBE="Big Lurch Is My Homeboy"]4s2WMkPYkH0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Five Feet"]1TgmlPrEkjM[/YOUTUBE]

• 3 weeks later...
I'm in a band called Whalebone Carson, there are two other main people besides me but when we play live (which is practically never) we generally recruit like 10 of our friends to help us.

We're kind of a techno-dance-trippy band, we like to play music to aid people's brains and we try to be as odd as possible.

I think we might have a myspace music profile around here somewhere but idk if anyone updates it. I certainly have nothing to do with it, anyway, and I don't know the URL...

I also have done some solo recordings on violin as a classical player.

• 5 weeks later...
I just uploaded two instrumental demos to my band's Tumblr page. You should go follow us if you have a Tumblr! I promise we won't flood your feed with boring junk, we update scarcely and only post new music or important info.

[url="http://www.ghostshirtsociety.tumblr.com"][u]Ghost Shirt Society on Tumblr[/u][/url] Edited by Tonks

• 2 weeks later...