OtakuBoards

The Sleeper's Underground...[M-SVL]

Raiha

[color=crimson]Next I'd actually like to run into a PC character. If no one wants to volunteer I will simply have Dr. Xing stop by the fighting ring in person to discuss the protocol for suspected DT cases with Sai- that Fai wants every single one sent through Sun Heights for information purposes. Any other characters there [Sandy seems to be there and I suppose Sai's girl Luyii might show up] would be fun to interact with too.[/color]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][font=times]Oh Doctor! You're so naughty!

Anyway.... let me summarize here. Good Kitty. Good Sandy. Poor Athena...

Soooo, Sai is going to pick up Luyii and they'll be at the Fight Club tonight in which a few things can happen. But remember everyone, I'll give the signal when to start posting for the Meeting. No chomping at the bit.
[/font][/COLOR]

I got rid of my burden of NPC characters, also to give my character a boost of motivation, seeing that he's been somewhat of an outsider to the events thus far.

There's so many plotlines intertwining here that I hope I can keep up with all of them...

[quote name='Sandy']There's so many plotlines intertwining here that I hope I can keep up with all of them...[/quote][size=1]Don't feel bad, Sandy. I've been reading everyone's posts and I'm still totally lost on what is going on. It's a lot to keep track of.

-Shy[/size]

[font=times][color=darkorchid]So sorry about the total plethora of plot boys. Just so you all know, the general posting for every person I'd ideally like to be at least once every two days.

Any longer and my trigger finger might get itchy. Just kidding. Anyway, once we go into Act One's final scene, which would be the meeting itself, things should be easier to follow. Plot posting order always helps.[/font][/color]

Sorry, BKStyles, but you misunderstood my post. Woodpecker and Detective Allen shot [I]each other[/I], there was no third party present.

And could it be that Kwan is aware of Dragon's Tongue, but his boss isn't? That doesn't make much sense. And if neither one knows about it, then Snowcat can't know it was the Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity behind the drug (since Kwan told him that).

Has Raiha got a solution to this?

[quote name='Sandy]Sorry, BKStyles, but you misunderstood my post. Woodpecker and Detective Allen shot [I]each other[/I'], there was no third party present.[/quote]

[font=tahoma]Yeah I did misunderstand, lol. I'll change it. I was actually thinking as after I posted if "the *****" was referring to the detective. Tis now confirmed. I guess I was anxious for an excuse to order my men around too, heh.

Edit - Well the two drugs are from the same pusher, hence why Sai assumed automatically that it was the one he brought up. So when the name came up, that was what came up in his mind first. I had actually wanted Kwan to later on betray Sai and showcase the effects of the Dragon's Tongue himself in the fight club. In which i have a scene in mind involving a fight between the two. So the scene was to show that Sai was unaware of the drug itself (since the original plan was for it to surprise him once it became more abundant amongst the fighters)

The fact that Kwan told Snowcat can be a basis for a future kind of "You F**ked up Kwan, you should learn how to keep your mouth shut" etc etc, kind of deal.

I notice there's been a lot of story and plot telling before the actual write-ups of the scenes though the UG thread and what not, so i should get with the picture, heh. I'm used to wanting to save things for until they happen.

[/font]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][font=times][i]Attention: The ordered posting now begins.

[center]New Agenda
~~~~~~~~~~
Establish the beginning of the meeting: Dead Seraphim
Discuss the First Order Of Business: Dragon's Tongue: DeathKnight
Trouble with the Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity: Possible Cameo [or me].
The Possibility of War: BKstyles
a: tensions between Boss Kai Fen and everyone else: Sandy
b: delegate from San Francisco Police Department: Flash
Enter The Defector: DeathKnight
Positive Diplomatic Relations Established: Dead/Me/And/Or Cameo[/i][/font][/COLOR][/center]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]did you want me to make the third post, seeing as my chars had a run in with them just the day before?[/font][/color'][/size][/quote]
[COLOR=MediumTurquoise]That's perfectly acceptable, collaberation perhaps, or have Yugo fill in blanks.[/COLOR]

I'm sorry, I guess it's my turn to post, but I really don't know what you mean by "tensions between Boss Kai Fen and the others". Should I just make up the reasons why the other two brotherhoods have a feud with the Infinite Longevity? I mean, besides them distributing the drug at the Fight Club (which was already said in BKstyles's post).

Hmm, troublesome.... :/

[font=times][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Actually I was thinking that Vicky would post, but if you two want to talk about it and hash out the details, don't mind me.

[b]Unfortunately at this time, Vicky is totally swamped, so go ahead and POST Sandy and yell at Flash to get cracking for his while you're at it please.[/b]

You'd also be upset by the way people on the drug mess up the females that are under you. Additionally, one of the two of you should have Luyii and Sai re enter the meeting nice and quiet like nothing happened.[/COLOR][/font]

[font=times][color=darkorchid]Now that, is a secret! And it' d be telling, and to be honest...I only like to brag after you've already seen the cameos...

[b]Anyway[/b] ....two things that need to be addressed as soon as you are able.

1: POLL: I'll admit it wasn't the brightest idea to go into sudden ordered posting for the end of this act, so I'll ask you all. How many of you want me to abolish ordered posting from the RPG entirely and just have people use this thread for sorting out details instead?

2: Start submitting your orders of business that'll take place during Act Two, which will obviously have to be related or semi-related to the war at hand.

Okay, get to work![/font][/color]

[quote name='Flash']I could go either way, but if we're using this thread to organize our ideas/storylines, it seems kinda redundant to have a specific posting order as well..[/quote]
[color=darkorchid][font=times]God my ego! It hurts! WAAAH!

Okay...anyone else?

In other news, open casting call for dirty cops, and drug gangsters. Tell your friends.[/font][/color]

For the first issue, I say abolish the post order. It's so damn restrictive, and it has a habit of killing good RPGs. Even during this short time, it has considerably slowed down the pace of this game.

As for Snowcat's order of business, I'd like him to find out that it was in fact Shek Lu who raped and murdered his mother. I know it's a bit of a cliché, but I think it's better than Snowcat finding out that a total stranger did it.

Hmm, would it be too far-fetched if Shek Lu had been under an influence of a similar drug as Dragon's Tongue when he commited the crime seven years ago? Maybe a weaker prototype of the same stuff?

[color=crimson]The ordered posting put a big brake on the pace of the story. The numerous subplots and yarns spinning out from the first post, while hard to follow, were entertaining and left room for the imagination to brew up newer things within the overarching story of the Dragon's Tongue and intertwining stories between characters.

So if you consider very important plot events to necessitate such control and a slow down that's understandable. It stifles the chaotic, fertile grounds that let the RP kind of rocket off. That's the trade off.

I don't personally care either way, it's your call.

I haven't had time to consider any new business for the good Doctor yet. :)[/color]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][font=times]Just a few more people should express their opinions before I decide. I love playing arbiter.

Anyway: GO POST Kenneth. ....or mommy will get mad.

Also, it is essentially confirmed that there will be another person joining us for Act Two. Possibly more than one person, but don't hold your breath.[/font][/COLOR]

[size=1]I would like to interact with Dr. Xing in some capacity when Ghost Fox awakes from the coma. He took her in without informing his superiors, and exploring their relationship would be fun. I had originally wanted to do some flashback posts, but I'd rather just wake her up at the start of the second act and start moving the story forward.

There will be some mystery surrounding Ghost Fox, who claims to remember nothing of her past life, and I suspect Dr. Xing will want to get the bottom of that. The thought of having a highly skilled and amnesiac assassin at their disposal certainly appeals to Xing's superiors, but maybe there can be some tension between Xing and his bosses as a result.

Beyond that, Ghost Fox still doesn't know why her former employer tried to kill her. Her next couple of posts will be about trying to solve that mystery, but she has to do it without Xing knowing it.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][font=times]Ah to hell with ordered posting then. Collaborations can take place here or through PMs. We'll have several new characters joining us soon, as you can see. That is, if you've been keeping up. Be sure to be aprised of this when posting. We'll have a psychologist that Luyii will be meeting with. A dirty FBI agent that anyone could deal with I suppose. And a couple others that are still working on sign ups.[/COLOR][/font]

Since I'm coming in for act two I need clients (my character's a shrink, and a pimp, so you can call him for anything advice related or if you need a confidant or company for the evening). I already got Raiha's character down for an appointment.

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times]The second act has begun, everyone can post, clean up, take care of things.

Sidequest for Luyii: Considering her father's ultimatum that she get married, make babies, produce an heir. That sort of thing.

Overarching plot for the Cold War: beginning with Athena's character's death at the hands of our rogue FBI agent. Ending with a spectacular mess of death and bombs and assassinations. Be afraid, be very afraid.[/font][/COLOR]