OtakuBoards

The Sleeper's Underground...[M-SVL]

Raiha

I got talked into this. I have every intention of showing up and causing trouble at the fight club. Knock some heads loose, something like that. Apparently D'Ann wants me to write her in so that she can mock me. Tch.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]Isn't Freier Geist's post a bit hasty? Barely anyone else has posted for this formal drinks thing, but he's fast forwarded to the next day. I do not feel comfortable with barely three people posting in an almost total group scenario in an RP with a membership of this size.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkorchid][font=times]Actually no. He wasn't invited to the meeting or the party, so his post could be happening the day of the meeting for all we know. It's more of an aside to introduce his character.

Meanwhile the party goes on...[/font][/color]

Hey all,

I know it's a little late in the RPG, but I've written a sign up and will be joining The Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity until...well, I likely die at the hands of someone.

With that in mind, my first post will be for the sake of character exposition, and I was also asked to work in tandem with Kitty and Gavin's characters, if possible (though I don't know if there's a specific plan involved).

In any event, it's been some time since I've done this, so critique my first post as you will and let me know if there's any plan for the future I should be in on.

[font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]It's now BK styles's chance to post, if he'd like....to wrap up the party. Anyone could technically. Just be sure to wrap it up. Then of course Kenneth and Joshi could go it at it, and we can go back into freefall posting mode.

It's more fun that way.[/color][/font]

It was about time I posted as well. I fleshed out the relationship between Snowcat and the Scarlet Mistress more, so now's a good time for her to die. >;P

A request for Raiha: could you add the [B]names of the players[/B] to the list of characters in the first page of the game thread? I've had a few mix-ups in the past, so it would really help. ;D

[font=times][color=darkorchid]Wish granted Sandy. Of course I thought I'd been good about keeping the cast member list updated. I guess I missed a couple in all the wild excitement. Yowtch. Now then, to everyone who's done the good thing and posted.

Go goad everyone else into posting. [/color][/font]

[quote name='Sandy']Huh? There's still no names for who's playing who in the game thread...[/quote]
[font=times][color=darkorchid]OOOH, I read that wrong. Sorry, I can fix that now. And also please note that I have also added the characters that are to be killed or soon be killed. Discuss contracts of death amongst yourselves. Of course I have to approve them, but as long as there's blood, I'll most likely give the A-OK stamp.

One more thing; If it's not too much trouble for you to use html, could all people please shrink their text down a little so I spend less time scrolling and more time reading? Unless you all want big text. I don't feel very very strongly about this, just something for convenience.

And one more thing. Wondershot: For the future, and now if you want to edit massively, please only post in [b]past[/b] tense. Present is a little awkward to me.

Stay criminal people.[/color][/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times][i]A New Project:[/i] Mostly involves me working on the bylaws, rules, and regulations of the Brotherhood of Eternal Repose. I'll post the final working here, but I'd like input from people on what they think should be included.

So far I've added rules about race, gender, and heirs, but I can always use more on methods of dealing with traitors and thieves and the like.[/font][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Merged your posts due to deleting Freier Geist's spammy post. Also, one doesn't need html for resizing text, there's a perfectly working size tag for that.
- Sandy[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]For now I believe Xing has some Ghost Fox related business to attend to. Namely her waking up and a bit of a reflection perhaps on matters between the two and him offering her a position within the Sleepers.

As the repayment for Dead's debt is some bodyguard duty, perhaps the Cold War's first flare up could be a firefight outside the Sun Heights clinic between Eternal Repose members and thugs who, later on, will be found to have been hired by the Infinite Longevity. If that is too bombastic then tell me Rai.

I imagine Dead to play a key role in thwarting the assailants attempts to do great damage to the clinic. Thus, beyond repaying his debt, Xing will feel obligated to owe him one back.[/color]

[font=times][COLOR=MediumTurquoise]Save the firefight for after Athena's character is hit. We're going for a horrific murder and THEN firefights and spats. But you have time to develop things a bit so long as there is no violence that involves automatic weapons, cluster bombs, ICBMs... You get the idea.[/COLOR][/font]

[font=times][color=darkorchid]I. It shall be that all Brotherhood members within the leadership be strictly of Chinese descent. Ancillary members may be of mixed origin, but must not be any less than one quarter Chinese.

II. Leadership within the Brotherhood is to be done by direct blood descent, the most closely related living relative shall assume control immediately upon the death of the current leader.

III. If the succession falls to a female, she will have three weeks to be married to a suitable man of standing and character. Thereupon, he shall be regent for the male blood heir that must be produced within one year. When the child has come of age, he shall be invested as new leader of the Brotherhood of Eternal Repose.

IV. Any thief found to have embezzled more than one thousand dollars from the Brotherhood should have both of his thumbs removed. Any traitor to the Brotherhood shall be tortured until death. Any defectors will not be punished unless they violate these rules.[/font][/color]

I hoped you liked my post, D'Ann. The devilish idea just came to me the other day, and I think it really suited this crucial point in the game.

It also gives the Jade Forest yet another motive to join the war. Of course the whole "initiation rite" was fake, but how would poor Lee Lu had known that? ;P

That was also officially the most mature post I've ever written [I]here[/I], and I gotta say that I enjoyed writing every word of it. ;P

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]I think I need a cold shower.

Lovely touch Sandy, I'm sure the dozens of people reading over my shoulder in this crowded cyber cafe are thinking the same thing. That or they're wondering why the filters on this computer didn't catch such adult content.

Why complain?! I approve. Though... ...this kid really was stupid. Oh well.[/COLOR]

All right, the following is an idea that struck me based on everyone's current needs and positions. Since it involves a few people I'll just post it here.

Ken suggested a firefight at Sun Heights, so I'm in favor of going with something similar.

My idea involves making a post of Razorback attending an impromptu meeting held by Infinite Longevity and offering assistance on the matter of invading Sun Heights. Even if they can't completely destroy or occupy the building, their attack is more rattling in nature, and would simply serve to disable operations at the clinic for some time.

The assistance Razorback offers consists of making available his newest gaseous drug for the assault, and suggests using it against the building guards and potentially introducing it into the ventilation system. The drug in question is "Ataraxia", and it can be neutralized with a simple injection, ensuring that the Infinite Longevity members are not harmed by it. Razorback himself, however, declines to participate in the invasion.

In return, Razorback demands information on the identity of Yue Fu Shi's murderer, so that he may confront the responsible parties personally.

This idea is simply experimental in nature and would require approval, so parties involved should let me know what they would think of participating in a plan like this...if it's acceptable.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but I do have something lined up already at the Fight Club. I suppose once out of that story arc we could hammer something out, provided [b]that[/b] arc goes through unhitched. ...Though I'm not quite how to combat a slew of neurotoxins...

[color=darkorchid][font=times]Obviously, you'd be using your military issue gas mask. ....what an idiot...

Anyway you can always do that before the Fight Club. Luyii has to go to the doctor's for a head exam and then to the "other" doctor for a fertility test. Ah the busy life of such a lady.[/font][/color]

I made my post, which sets up both an impending conflict at Sun Heights and Razorback's revenge plot, the latter of which starts immediately after "Rave" Scruggs and "Machine Gun" Chang conclude their business at the fight club.

Feel free to correct me on anything I may have missed or misinterpreted.

[font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Aside from the mild slip up in which you assume that there was a ceasefire between the Sleepers and the Jade Forest, you're doing well.

It was more of a diplomatic talk to ensure mutual cooperation.[/COLOR][/font]

Seeing as Dr. Xiao was a single serving character and he pretty much made his major contribution to the story. I feel it's high time that the Jade Forest take him out for infringing on their bprostitution business. Whoever wants to write the deed in to the 3rd act is more than welcome. We could even collaborate on the events leading up to his death so that he can be even less single serving. My AIM is on my profile or send me a PM if anyone is up to doing the honors.

[color=darkred][size=1]

My character,[b] Fei Long's[/b] aspirations:

Lei Fong's aspiration is to become the greatest fighter ever known. This is mostly due to his upbringing to be just that, the ultimate fighter for his Brotherhood. Molded to be a true money-maker in the ring, he'll stop at nothing until he has become the undisputed champion or both in and out of ring combat. He'll do this regardless of any advantage his opponent has, be it experience or a firearm. He is driven by the purest form pride and honor...

Lei, while not always aspiring for it, has also become a notorious play boy on the underground scene, having been seen with some high profile girlfriends of rival crime bosses and their 'workers'. This has made him a target in the eyes of a few jealous boyfriends and pimps.[/color][/size]