OtakuBoards

The Sleeper's Underground...[M-SVL]

Raiha

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times][i]This is where we meet before the meetings between gangs, discuss business ventures before they're discussed, and act like gods.

Any questions can be directed here, and status of being accepted into the RPG will also be posted here ....most likely.

First Order Of Business: The advancement of Brotherhood politics will be addressed here.

Establishing diplomatic relations between the Brotherhood of Eternal Repose and the Brotherhood of the Jade Forest.

Sidequests: These will be your personal issues that you'll resolve in your posts, such as Luyii's neverending search for a boyfriend that lives up to her father, the Tiger General's standards.[/i][/font][/COLOR]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think people are getting their Chinese Zodiac correctly. I calculated that if my character was born in 2076, he would be Monkey, and the year this takes place, 2099, would be the year of Sheep.

The order of the signs by year is:
[indent]Rabbit (2083 - the character born in this year would be 28 in the game)
Dragon (2072)
Snake (2073)
Horse (2074)
Sheep (2075)
Monkey (2076)
Rooster (2077)
Dog (2078)
Pig (2079)
Rat (2080)
Ox (2081)
Tiger (2082 - the character would be the minimum age of 17)
[/indent]

So, I don't know how important the Zodiac signs are for you, Raiha, but shouldn't everybody have the right one?

[font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Honestly? I'm not that picky, I feel it's just interesting enough on its own as a category. I'm also cross checking their characters personalities to their signs you know... Or at least I will when they start writing.

Essentially, pick the age for your character in this year. It's easier for me to keep track.

Post your wanted sidequests and business ventures here for me.[/COLOR][/font]

[QUOTE=Sandy]I don't think people are getting their Chinese Zodiac correctly. I calculated that if my character was born in 2076, he would be Monkey, and the year this takes place, 2099, would be the year of Sheep.

The order of the signs by year is:
[indent]Rabbit (2083 - the character born in this year would be 28 in the game)
Dragon (2072)
Snake (2073)
Horse (2074)
Sheep (2075)
Monkey (2076)
Rooster (2077)
Dog (2078)
Pig (2079)
Rat (2080)
Ox (2081)
Tiger (2082 - the character would be the minimum age of 17)
[/indent]

So, I don't know how important the Zodiac signs are for you, Raiha, but shouldn't everybody have the right one?[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I asked the same when I did the calculations, but i think choosing based on personality would be ideal. Don't think too many people will be all that particular about people not being accurate in their zodiac sign birthyear wise.[/font]

Gotcha, Raiha! ;D

[QUOTE=Neuvoxraiha][font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]
Post your wanted sidequests and business ventures here for me.[/COLOR][/font][/QUOTE]

Ten Wu's sidequest involves finding the one who slaughtered his mother. Since it was thirteen years ago, the job will be difficult, but I'm thinking of making him find an essential clue that gets him to the tracks of the killer.

[size=1]Ghost Fox's story will begin with a failed 'training mission' to kill off one of the other players. (I don't who I am going to target yet; I'm looking for cooperation from the player. Volunteers are welcome.) Anyway, it will be revealed that she was given misleading information from her superiors, and their betrayal will lead to the deaths of all of her pupils. Unsure of where to turn and who to trust, Ghost Fox will seek vengeance on her boss using whatever means are neccessary.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT=Tahoma]Well lesse, in addition to vying to make Luyii his for his own personal reasons and anything that will happen in that chain of events, Sai will scouting out fighters for the underground ring and selecting who he thinks is worthy to compete in a high stakes tournament that will serve as the entertainment for an important meeting between higher ups of the Brotherhood of Eternal Repose and Brotherhood of the Jade Forest during their quest for diplomatic relations. Out of this Sai hopes to also gain even more authority and power within the ranks of the higher ups. [/FONT]

Great to see the game up already. I'm itching to play. ;D

I'm just wondering, how do you want the future aspect to show in this game, Raiha? Has the technology advanced much, or has the society fallen into a dystopia, like the sign-up intro seemed to imply?

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][font=times]Honestly?

There are aspects of both. For example; solar energy has been refined properly, and there are cleaner, more intelligent machines to do work for humans. Cars are just as powerful, but nothing hovering yet outside of military grade weapons and suchlike. There are semi intelligent work drones, androids and so on and so forth, but things are not as advanced as one might hope.

Desalienation of the earth's waters has cut down drastically on the desperate need for potable water, wars are less common, and when they start, they're over quickly. However society is much the same as it was before, only with different selfish desires and needs. Human nature is human nature no matter how many comforts and achievements are made.[/font][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]If Dead does not suffice I can offer my services as a target in your schemes as well.

Dr. Xing will deal with a pre-pickup inspection of Laotian heroin from the port of San Francisco. Unfortunately the shipment is not of the quality expected and negotiations between Dr. Xing and the Laotian in control of the delivery for a lower price are not fruitful. Dr. Xing and his retinue will leave the port. Insulted, Dr. Xing will contact Fai Chou asking permission to coordinate a punishment.

Following the events of this evening Dr. Xing will return to the port in the closing moments of the hit and watch in satisfaction as the container ship in question explodes with significant force.[/color]

[QUOTE=DeathKnight][color=crimson]If Dead does not suffice I can offer my services as a target in your schemes as well.

Dr. Xing will deal with a pre-pickup inspection of Laotian heroin from the port of San Francisco. Unfortunately the shipment is not of the quality expected and negotiations between Dr. Xing and the Laotian in control of the delivery for a lower price are not fruitful. Dr. Xing and his retinue will leave the port. Insulted, Dr. Xing will contact Fai Chou asking permission to coordinate a punishment.

Following the events of this evening Dr. Xing will return to the port in the closing moments of the hit and watch in satisfaction as the container ship in question explodes with significant force.[/color][/QUOTE]
[size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]I beat you to Shy's idea, punk.[/font][/color][/size]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][font=times]Play nice boys! Or I'll have you all destroyed on "accident."

Anyway...It's time to brainstorm. I need an name for a new hybrid drug.

Did I mention that science has created new and exciting ways to screw with people's bodies? Visualize a mix of steroids and opiate that kill the pain receptors in the brain and turn you into a rampaging monster for about 6 hours.

I tell you all this so we know who to blame for distributing it on the streets. The Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity. This drug is on occasion ingested by people who show up to fight in the club. The drug kills 70% of those who ingest it and 30% suffer a great deal afterwards and remain somewhat damaged for the rest of their soon to be ended lives.

Boss Fai Chou is upset by this turn of events, and so will the rest of us be...when it starts being bad for business.[/font][/COLOR]

[color=crimson]Miss Rai has decided upon Dragon's Tongue as the street name of the drug. I've given in my post that after the initial period of rage, toxic leukoencephalopathy sets in. As it progresses it becomes increasingly debilitating and eventually will end in death.

In the lucky ones it subsides and leaves them disabled to some degree. Comatose, blind, delusional or otherwise.[/color]

I'm trying to get Jade Forest mixed into the events. It turns out that a man under the influence of the "Dragon Tongue" assaulted one of Scarlet Mistress' girls (if it is okay with Athena), and the White Prince sends Snowcat and a rookie gangster to investigate it (of course hoping they'd get killed in the process).

[size=1]Has it been established yet exactly how Dragon's Tongue will be used? I'm assuming it's injected into the bloodstream, but just want to make sure. I also wonder why anyone would bother to take the drug willingly, since it appears to be so incredibly deadly...

Once Kitty begins posting I would like to arrange a meeting between our two characters. We both work for the same organization, so it seems fitting that our paths would cross as one point or another. I'm very much open to suggestions.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=MediumTurquoise][font=times]The drug is usually injected, sometimes swallowed in pill form.

People take it as a performance enhancer, and to be honest, not everyone is aware of the drug's lethal side effects. Most often the person takes it, thinking it's simply steroid like, but get a nasty surprise in the end.[/font][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times]So now that you all know how lame I am...I do confess to making character sheets and flow charts and agenda lists during my History of Dance in Cuba discussion session in class. Lame, I know.

So I am now going to tell you all something new. The Business of Diplomacy and Politics will begin soon. This means that there will be posting orders introduced as soon as the Brotherhood's Meeting begins. I'll post the list now, and you can hash out the details with group members or ask me questions thereafter.

[i][center][b]Tentative[/b] Agenda
~~~~~~~~~~
Establish the beginning of the meeting: Dead Seraphim
Discuss the First Order Of Business: Dragon's Tongue: DeathKnight
Trouble with the Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity: Possible Cameo [or me].
Tension between Luyii and The White Prince: Possible Cameo [blah blah blah].
The Possibility of War: BKstyles
a: tensions between Boss Kai Fen and everyone else: Athena/Sandy [collaboration required]
Enter The Defector: Shy
Positive Diplomatic Relations Established: Dead/Me/And/Or Cameo[/center][/i]

As you can see, I've left out one or two people. They'll have to post here first to get a slot, or abstain, which is perfectly acceptable too.[/font][/COLOR]

[size=1]I don't want my character to defect so early in the story, so I would like to postpone that for a later date. Ghost Fox's problems with The Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity are only going to get worse, but she's not at a point yet where she can risk going on her own or working with another organization. Her personal mission now is to uncover more information about Boss Fen's past, which will end up revealing the secret history that the two of them share.

However, I would like her to cross paths with Dr. Xing eventually. It appears that Ghost Fox is going to be poisoned very soon. He seems the most appropriate man to heal her wounds... for a price, of course.

-Shy[/size]

[size=1][color=darkslateblue]I am sorry, but I must pull out. I was caught off guard by the RPG, and was not prepared. I can't catch up/keep up, and I do not want to be any sort of inconvenience. So, to keep from complicating anything, I respecfully withdrawl.

I have informed Raiha and have given permission for Scarlet Mistress to be used as an NPC character. Do what is neccessary for the story.

Athena.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']However, I would like her to cross paths with Dr. Xing eventually. It appears that Ghost Fox is going to be poisoned very soon. He seems the most appropriate man to heal her wounds... for a price, of course.[/size][/quote]

[color=crimson]Sounds good to me.[/color]

[size=1]Alright, I'm finally caught up with all the action, and I've decided on a side-quest for Hong-Fu to set out on before interacting with everyone else.

Hong-Fu is currently the number one pusher of Dragon's Tongue for the Brotherhood of Infinite Longevity, and he's beginning to grow careless with his supplies. After a one-night stand, he finds it's almost all missing, and plans to find it. In my post, I'll sum up his actions of the first day of the RP (which I missed) and the morning.

Hope this is okay, and sorry it took so long Raiha. ^__^;[/size]