OtakuBoards

Cartoon network going down the drain with anime?

Guest killua

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman]Well, Cartoon Network has to make room for new anime and bringing older ones back on air won't likely happen. I do miss the days when Tenchi Muyo!, Sailor Moon, and Pilot Canidate used to be on air. They bring new shows, so it can appeal to the anime fanbase. I actually really don't watch Cartoon Network anymore, sadly. ^^; Sometimes, I'll watch some anime that I like, whenever I get the chance. =)

But all in all, it isn't really "going down the drain with anime". They just need to air more anime. [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]If Cartoon Network stuck with only playing what some consider to be the "good" anime then at that point they would indeed be going down the drain. They would become stagnant, dull and lifeless as the same shows were aired over and over again.

But instead they keep switching what's on, they keep introducing us to new shows, they broaden our horizon as far as what types of shows there are as well as helping those who didn't like one show, find one that they did like.

So in my opinion Cartoon Network is far from going down the drain. Instead they're doing an excellent job of exposing people to anime. And I'm very glad that they switch shows on a regular basis. If they didn't, I would have quit watching the channel a long time ago. Because even if I like a show, it only takes so many repeats before one is tired of it already.[/COLOR]

Ah I remeber back when toonami had the coolest shows...
Ah how I miss Tenchi Muyo, Outlaw Star, and the likes...
Good times, good times.... but they aren't horrible now. Anyone who plays Naruto, Eureka seveN, Blood+ are fine with me! So while they may not be the best, at least they're still trying, y'know?

[quote name='killua']Cartoon network going down the drain with anime?[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]I think by this point it's a safe call that nobody thinks so. Really, it's quite nice that [as] is still showing anime [U]at[/U] [U]all[/U]: InuYasha is still on really really late weeknights, along with Voltron (not sure if one can count Shin Chan as anime...); and Saturday is kind of a nice haven after 11:00 (eastern time, that is). I do wish that the Big O wasn't relegated to five-in-the-bloody-morning, what with it being a great series with my all-time favorite chick character R. Dorothy. (That's two reasons, just to be clear. :p )

In Toonami's case, PoT is a little corny but entertaining at the same time (I love laughing at the total DBZ-ness of it all) and MÄR is a peculiar concept, but it shows they're branching out....

Really, the only possible way that CN fails is that there's a markéd quantity of other genre present?and that's to be expected, no? The anime audience may very well be desirable, but CN and [as] have to cater to the others, such as those who fawn over Camp Lazlo and My Gym Partner's a Monkey and those who fawn over Moral Orel and Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job!. *points to that crack about the three Trigun fans* The head honchos need ratings, and these shows apparently get them.

Especially Family Guy. But we all love Family Guy.[/FONT]

Hey, or you could do what alot of people do and watch the animes for free on youtube, or alluc, or many other sites, like anime-eden.com or veoh.com. Or heck, you can just DL them. I dont watch Cartoon Network anymore, I dont have to.

Also, while I agree that Cartoon Network has gone downhill from the good ol' mid to late 1990's, it still has much to offer. Currently, Ghost in the Shell, Eureka 7, and Samurai Champloo were the 3 best when they were airing. Bleach, Naruto, and One Piece (non-filler) are quite enjoyable. And before, Wolfs Rain, Witch Hunter Robin, and FMA were also very enjoyable.

The only reason one would put up with the (very often) bad dubs, having to wait a week between episodes, and commercials, is if you do not have a fast computer, your parents dont approve of DLing, you have "morals", or you cant stand to watch the original Japanese with subs. Honestly. The animes are out there, and the sites I listed are some very good ones to go to.

So dont go out and waste $50 on a DVD that you will maybe watch once, and instead do what most people do, and watch it for free via internet.

[quote name='killua']Why dont they have all the good shows on like ronin warriors and dbz. yeah naruto is good to but think if they had all the old shows back.what would you rather have the new or the old?[/quote]

Cartoon Network should differently get some credit. Its made alot of people anime fans, which is good ^^ I personly, like alot of the new shows, but i do miss Yu Yu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin (probbaly spelt wrong)

[quote name='Wolfen91']Cartoon Network should differently get some credit. Its made alot of people anime fans, which is good ^^ I personly, like alot of the new shows, but i do miss Yu Yu Hakusho, and Rurouni Kenshin (probbaly spelt wrong)[/quote]
[color=darkgreen]No, you spelled it correctly.

Yes, CN may have made a lot of people anime fans, but they (CN) haven't had any big hits since they dropped RuroKen. Yes, they still play InuYasha, but that's on pretty late. I think that if they really thought about playing hard-core, loved anime like FMA or DeathNote, the will be able to actually be like for their anime.[/color]

[quote name='Sojiro47][color=darkgreen']I think that if they really thought about playing hard-core, loved anime like FMA or DeathNote, the will be able to actually be like for their anime.[/color][/quote]

FMA was on adultswim monday-thursday over the summer and fall (they ran it at least twice i think) then they switched it out with Shin Chan(kill me now). Ik.. their weeknight lineup needs help. i think this is the third consecutive run of InuYasha since june..

On saturday nights they still have a pretty good lineup though. Bleach, Blood+, Ghost in the Shell 2nd Gig, and Trinity Blood.. oh and Voltron.. at 5 in the bloody morning...
but then, that's what DLs and Libraries and Netflix are for, no?

Guest carezo
well i think that they should bring back the old shows but also keep some of the new ones[INDENT][SIZE=1][COLOR=Indigo][B]carezo[/B], please improve your posts since OtakuBoards puts an emphasis on quality and participation. For example, how about you explain which shows you would like to see brought back and why. Don't make a statement and leave, back it up with reasons. Further spammy posts such as this one will be deleted. ~indifference[/COLOR][/SIZE][/INDENT]