OtakuBoards

Cartoon network going down the drain with anime?

Guest killua

Guest killua
Why dont they have all the good shows on like ronin warriors and dbz. yeah naruto is good to but think if they had all the old shows back.what would you rather have the new or the old?

I'm actually quite satisfied with alot of the newer shows they've had lately. Trinity blood was good and I'm a huge Bleach fan in case you hadn't guessed yet. Blood+ also shows some promise as well. Naruto is also good.

Don't get me wrong, I liked some of the older shows, but time changes everything and we must change with them. You can't just revert back and fourth. The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't find Ronin Warrriors on DVD, which irritates me. Other than that, I gladly embrass this new, brave anime world of ours.

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='killua]Why dont they have all the good shows on like ronin warriors and dbz. yeah naruto is good to but think if they had all the old shows back.what would you rather have the new or the old?[/QUOTE]That's only a good thing if you actually[I] like[/I] the shows they use to air. ^_~ And it would get old if they never showed anything new don't you think? So in other words, I'd rather they keep changing and showing new stuff instead of sticking with a couple of shows. [QUOTE=Starwind'] The only thing that really bugs me is that I can't find Ronin Warrriors on DVD, which irritates me. Other than that, I gladly embrass this new, brave anime world of ours.[/quote]If you are looking for Ronin Warriors, Amazon is your friend. That's how I got a copy of the DVD's Nothing like having something shipped right to your front door.[/COLOR]

I think Cartoon Network should be commended for helping make anime more popular in the U.S. They show a wide variety, appeal to many different tastes and have helped popularize many awesome anime that probaly would have never seen the light of day here or been 1/3 as popular had they not (Bleach, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun to name a few).

Plus, if DBZ is your thing, they still revert back to a DBZ block at least once a year for a few months. And honestly, Ive seen almost the entire DBZ saga ten times on the cartoon network...Im fine with them airing it less. Id rather be exposed to new anime vs watching one of the most popular anime of all time that we have all seen a million times.

well im not a big fan of english dub anime but i will admit that they at least get more ppl into it that way... i guess it doesnt matter much what they show as long as someone gets drawn like the rest of us =)

[B][COLOR=Green]i miss some of the old shows but the new aren't so bad. but things like the Oblongs (whatever THAT is) just doesn't appeal to me. oh yea and DBZ does comes on Cartoon Network now it's been there a few weeks now.old shows of course. i don't really watch it but it comes on before Yu-Gi-Oh GX so i see bits and pieces of it. plus Bleach isn't too bad but i wish One Piece would go away again =____= .i hope after Eureka 7's last episode they won't replace it w/ something stupid. that's really all i'm worried about.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=SlateGray]~the Akatsuki are Watching~
*Ustez*[/COLOR][/B]
[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]i.luv.kiba[/B], please work on improving your posts since good spelling and grammar makes it easier for others to understand what you are saying. Try using a program like word or hotmail to check your posts before you put them up. ~indifference[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][B]I DO NOT [/B] want to watch the entirety of [B]Cowboy Beepop[/B], [B]Trigun [/B] and[B] Yu Yu Hakusho [/B] for the 40-freaking-millionth time thank you very much. How can you even jhoke like that? Bring back old shows? But that's what they are - old shows - done shows - OVER SHOWS! Get them out of your mind and just enjoy the new stuff. If you can't find a cheap way to watch [B]Ronin Warriors [/B] on your own you simply aren't trying and [B]DBZ [/B] is STILL coming on (MUCH to my chagrin).

The day when [B]Inuyasha [/B] and DBZ are finally pulled from the CN lineup I'll have a freaking baby, swear to god. I commend AS, though, in their bringing of much newness to the forefront. Their geting fast too - Blood + had practically just been aired.[/COLOR]

I say all the old show (except naruto,zatch bell, eureka seven,mar,trinitny blood,IGPX, and bleach) should come back. samuari jack, dbz, rurouni kenshin,gumdum wing( my favorite) ,and all the shows on the old toonami(when it came on monday-friday). the new cartoon network is gay with show like camp lazlo, and my gym parters is a monkey. i'm mad at cartoon network :mad: :flaming: :angry2: :cussing: :modrod: :bash: :blowup: really mad

[COLOR=DarkOrange]Listen, I can agree that Cartoon network siphons *** juice these days with such shows as Camp Lazlo, MGPIAM, and such, but that has little to do with anime.

Firstly, know this. Only certain anime become successful, such as Inuyasha, Bleach, Naruto, etc. but much more of it doesn't do so well. According to AS's charts they do WAY better with their American shows than trheir Japanese ones for the most part. The anime we do get is a prevelege, and I'll be damned if I'm going to watch the privelege go to waste on constant reruns of crap.

Samurai Jack is not anime. DBZ is still on. Rurouni Kenshin didn't appear on CN until Toonami became a Saturday thing! And then they switched it back for season 2, but know what? I hated it! I mised almost every episode!

Not to mention RK and Gundam Wing are two DVDs that are fairly cheap, easy to find used, and abundant. Instead of wanting to diminish people's chance to see new anime so that you can revel in your little retro glory, get 50 bucks and buy the series yourself.[/COLOR]

To tell you the truth i miss the old stuff :animecry: i mean i miss outlaw star, cowboy bebop and last but not least my favorite trigun. i remembered those being on cartoon network and now they don't show it any more. now on adult swim they show this old school anime called "voltron" i now it sounds really chezey :animeswea but to tell u the truth i want the all the cool stuff on cartoon network back on ...[INDENT][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][B]Snake'sLover18[/B], please work on improving your posts since good spelling and grammar makes it easier for others to understand what you are saying. Also, it's a good idea to avoid abbreviating words, don't use the letter u for you. Take the time to actually spell it out. Try using a program like word or hotmail to check your posts before you put them up. ~indifference[/SIZE][/COLOR][/INDENT]

[font=comic sans ms]I love how people make it seems like $50 is easy to come across these days. (Maybe people should just go plant a money tree in their backyard and make life that much easier.) Some people do not have jobs, and some folks don't rely on their parents to buy movies and whatnot. Plain and simple. If people want to dwell about watching past shows, then let them dwell.

As far as bringing old shows back and whatnot. It doesn't really bother me. As long as it's better than Zatch Bell, Bobobo bo Bobobo.. or something. (One Piece can go as well.) New or old, they gotta interest me 1st though.

Only thing I really watch on AS is Bleach. I can't get into Blood+ for some reason, and I don't stay up to see Eureka 7. (Trinity Blood is going to replace it, according to their schedule anyway.)[/font]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]If you can afford cable, you aren't poor. If you aren't poor, you have some kind of opportunity. I could save loose change for 2 weeks and get 50 bucks (and ye, I have) you could mow no more than 3 lawns, you could GET a parttime job, you could save up for a bit, you could get the boxsets for your birthday or christmas or whatever you celebrate, you could do some chores for cash, you could steal the damn money --- there is no viable excuse.

The Trigun DVDs have been marked down consistently by Pioneer in all their re-releases, and if your gunna watch it again at this point, you might as well grab the enhanced edition anyway. Same goes for Cowboy Bebop. Outlaw star is only like 35 bucks for the CC.

Not to mention you could easily find any of them on the computer free and illegal, and with so little risk it's laffable.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Phenom][font=comic sans ms']I love how people make it seems like $50 is easy to come across these days. (Maybe people should just go plant a money tree in their backyard and make life that much easier.) Some people do not have jobs, and some folks don't rely on their parents to buy movies and whatnot. Plain and simple. If people want to dwell about watching past shows, then let them dwell.[/font][/quote]

Just because you are really poor doesn't mean we want to hear about it. discountanime.com has very reasonable prices . And since when is $50 a lot of cash? That is nothing. How the hell do you eat Phenom ?

Anyway Adult Swim needs to constantly fresh out new material. They must have run through Bebop and Trigun a thousand times. Over the summer was the worst when they would rerun FMA and show Big O over and over. Over the years AS has gotten much better even though Trinity Blood and Eureka 7 are over.Bleach and Blood + go on for quite awhile so they will milk it for all it's worth.And AS will soon have Death Note which is going to rock. So AS is doing a great job of keeping things going there hasn't been an anime drought in quite sometime.

So defiantly keep shelling out the new stuff.

[QUOTE=i.luv.kiba][B][COLOR=Green]i miss some of the old shows but the new aren't so bad. but things like the Oblongs (whatever THAT is) just doesn't appeal to me. oh yea and DBZ does comes on Cartoon Network now it's been there a few weeks now.old shows of course. i don't really watch it but it comes on before Yu-Gi-Oh GX so i see bits and pieces of it. plus Bleach isn't too bad but i wish One Piece would go away again =____= .i hope after Eureka 7's last episode they won't replace it w/ something stupid. that's really all i'm worried about.[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR=SlateGray]~the Akatsuki are Watching~
*Ustez*[/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]I'm with you if they take the final Eureka7 off and put something stupid on like perfect hair for ever really dumb show dont want to get into details :rolleyes:

[quote name='Volume 11']I think Cartoon Network should be commended for helping make anime more popular in the U.S. They show a wide variety, appeal to many different tastes and have helped popularize many awesome anime that probaly would have never seen the light of day here or been 1/3 as popular had they not (Bleach, Paranoia Agent, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun to name a few).[/quote]

[COLOR=Sienna][FONT=Verdana]EXACTLY what I was going to say. You took the words right out of my mouth. ^_^

I praise Cartoon Network for showing all the newer animes. Without CN, anime would not be nearly as popular as it is now. Actually, I'm pretty sure we'd still be in that time period where people who liked anime were freaks... Oh wait, we still are kind of. -sob- SOME DAY THAT WILL CHANGE. And probably because of Cartoon Network. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='FLCLrules']I'm with you if they take the final Eureka7 off and put something stupid on like perfect hair for ever really dumb show dont want to get into details :rolleyes:[/quote]

[B][COLOR=Green]actually Dylan i think they're replacing Eureka 7 w/ Trinity Blood i belive it's coming back. i'm not sure what your opinion is of the show we never to seem to talk about it do we? i thought it was okay at first but then i was like.....blah.....[/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=Teal]~the Akatsuki are Watching~
*Ustez*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I removed the more off topic posts arguing over money. Lets keep this on the original topic please. And with that in mind...[quote name='killua']Why dont they have all the good shows on like ronin warriors and dbz. yeah naruto is good to but think if they had all the old shows back.what would you rather have the new or the old?[/quote]There's one fundamental problem with this and others have already addressed it in regards to how Cartoon Network is introducing different anime to people.

But there is also another one as well. Probably everyone here could pick a different time of when shows were aired that they would consider those that were running the good shows. To give an example, based on my personal tastes, when they were airing Dragon Ball and Ronin Warriors, those were, in my opinion, not good shows. Though to be fair Ronin Warriors or rather Samurai Troopers is at least tolerable in it's uncut form.

Anyway, showing the same ones again and again would not only get old but would end up having a detrimental effect in that people would lose interest in even watching the channel at all. Giving the impression that people here didn't like anime and possibly resulting in less shows even being released over in the US. [quote name='2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange']Samurai Jack is not anime. DBZ is still on. [/COLOR][/quote]Samurai Jack may not be Japanese anime, but in my opinion it's far more interesting to watch than DBZ ever was. It doesn't have to be Japanese in origin to be fun to watch. :p[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink]Yeah, I'd say it has. I haven't really enjoyed an anime since FMA. Yeah, I watch Bleach, but I don't really enjoy it so much as go "wow, this is okay." And since I didn't watch FMA on CN, it's been even longer than that since I actually enjoyed watching AS's anime block.

There is Naruto, though, which I do enjoy. I guess that counts, but it only has about 20 more episodes before that starts going downhill.

The newer ones just aren't interesting. Trinity Blood was just Trigun with vampires, and it had [i]huge[/i] plot holes. Abel spent the first few episode horribly killing his enemies, then suddenly had an oath against killing that was convieniently forgotten the next episode. Double-u tee ef.

Blood + is pretty, but boring. Same with Eureka 7.

Mar is lame, One Piece has always been lame, last I checked they'd taken Bo-bo-bo off the air, and Zatch Bell is just plain stupid.

At least Prince of Tennis was good for a laugh. One of those "so bad, it's good" types.[/color]

[QUOTE=Nerdsy][color=deeppink]Blood + is pretty, but boring. Same with Eureka 7.

Mar is lame, One Piece has always been lame, last I checked they'd taken Bo-bo-bo off the air, and Zatch Bell is just plain stupid.

At least Prince of Tennis was good for a laugh. One of those "so bad, it's good" types.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I resent parts of this post. I will agree that Blood+ is just boringness with good animation, but Eureka 7? Even if you don't enjoy it, that show is very active and cool. It's got a good story, likable characters, and a big WTF ending.

Mar isn't meant for anyone above like 12, and since this IS Cartoon Network and they DO have a demographic to appeal to, it's a good choice. My little brothers absolutely love it.

One Piece is lame because of what has been done to it, true, but I'm sure it has a lot of fans -- it is the number 1 anime in Japan so it's gotta be doing something here. Little kids love all that retarded yelling and stuff. Remember - demographic.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is still on and that is one of the greatest shows ever conceived, so shut up, lol.

As for Zatch Bell, I really like that show as do my little brothers and, once more, CN's target audience. [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange]I resent parts of this post. I will agree that Blood+ is just boringness with good animation, but Eureka 7? Even if you don't enjoy it, that show is very active and cool. It's got a good story, likable characters, and a big WTF ending.

Mar isn't meant for anyone above like 12, and since this IS Cartoon Network and they DO have a demographic to appeal to, it's a good choice. My little brothers absolutely love it.

One Piece is lame because of what has been done to it, true, but I'm sure it has a lot of fans -- it is the number 1 anime in Japan so it's gotta be doing something here. Little kids love all that retarded yelling and stuff. Remember - demographic.

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is still on and that is one of the greatest shows ever conceived, so shut up, lol.

As for Zatch Bell, I really like that show as do my little brothers and, once more, CN's target audience. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Then let the target demographic post about their opinion on CN shows. I am judging these shows simply on what I think of them, and whether or not they get CN some ratings doesn't affect that.

And I don't enjoy Eureka 7, [i]and[/i] I don't find it active and cool. Maybe active, but active does not equal good. I also don't like the characters; whiney never really suited me, and those that aren't whiney still bore me. The story doesn't interest me either.

EDIT: As far as One Piece is concerned, it only matters what CN shows because this thread is about whether or not Cartoon Network is going down the drain with anime. And they air the version that's lame. [/color]

[quote name='Nerdsy][color=deeppink']Yeah, I'd say it has. I haven't really enjoyed an anime since FMA. Yeah, I watch Bleach, but I don't really enjoy it so much as go "wow, this is okay." And since I didn't watch FMA on CN, it's been even longer than that since I actually enjoyed watching AS's anime block.[/color][/quote]

[color=dimgray] QFT. All the anime that has been coming out on CN recently are slightly different takes on previous series, making for a dull lineup. The last time I watched an anime show on AS I fell asleep during the episode and now I don't even remember its title. By now, CN is just picking what they will hoping to hit it big with the anime fans in the US.

The anime that does well on US television are either 1) a quality series that is actually inventive and original (FMA) or 2) was [i]wildly[/i] popular in Japan (Naruto). The only screw up I've seen is One Piece, and even though it was pretty much 4Kids' fault, CN should just know better.

And while I personally don't like Bleach, I'm pretty sure it's doing well as far as ratings. It's similar to Naruto in that it takes an old standard and puts a fresh twist on it- and that's probably why it's a popular series.

But then again, I don't know if there's anything really awesome out in Japan, either. Other than Naruto and Bleach, I can't name any other power fandoms. FMA has ended and the old anime isn't up to visual quality. [/color]

I think you may be grasping at straws a bit with your last post. Their will always be popular anime or manga in Japan. The real question is how will people in the states react to it if cartoon network airs it on AS.

Just because YOU think FMA was inventive and great doesn't mean that it was, or that their arent people who disliked it. Personally, I cant stand FMA or Eureka 7...

But thats what makes CN great. They take risks and show different shows that appeal to all anime fans, not fans of one particular production studio or anime type.

Guest anime_luver118
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=3][FONT=Courier New]well where i live most of the good anime shows are on late at night like umm i watch inuyasha at 4:30a.m and they also have other ones if your interested i just dont know what they are called[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Cartoon Network and Adult Swim has it's high and lows.

I miss Pilot Candidate, but then again, Bleach and Naruto are awesome.

Then again, I watch fansubs of Bleach and I'm on episode 119. Then again, I also watch anime On Demand that has Marmalade Boy, Full Metal Panic, SuperGALS, and millions of other anime.

Cartoon Network does a good job of bringing anime to the general public. Be happy for at least that. Count your blessings.

I missed Outlaw Star and guess what...I bought the series. I plan to do that with a few others as well.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]I don't really think that CN is doing down the drain with anime, if anything its rising up. I remember when I first started watching Adult Swim and they always switched out between the same group of shows. For example, Inuyasha, Cowboy Bebop, Neo Genes Evagalion, ect. Those are the ones that come to mind, but now they have a much broader variety and they still manage to keep their fan base by still showing Inu-Yasha and such but later in the evening.

I have to say I like that their opening their horizon, they put on shows like Eureka 7(which the ending shocked and dissapointed me...cop-out) and Blood+. I haven't really had time to watch anime with my work keeping me till 11:30 and 12 on Saturday nights and by the time I get home I just wanna sleep. Plus our cable is being funny, so I can't really watch an entire show through without the screen going blank.

However, I'm still glad that CN is expanding and opening up to the demands of its veiwers, heck their even giving kids a curisity in forgein countries. I'm just going to throw this one in just for random, but people say T.V makes kids lazy, but I saw some kids playing Naruto a few days ago and I'll tell you it was pretty funny. If anything T.V makes kids more creative in their games, but that's for another descion.[/SIZE][/COLOR]