OtakuBoards

Breaking Benjamin: Good or Not?

Aberinkula

[COLOR=Blue]Recently I got the CD Phobia by Breaking Benjamin. I only got it to listen to 'Diary of Jane' but it turned out to be one of the greatest CD's I had ever bought. Now ironicly a week after I bought the CD, thy were going to be in Canton NY. Ironic? But after going to that concert they became my favorite band. Beating avenged Sevenfold to a bloody pulp.

Now I ask you all, do you like Breaking Benjamin?

I'd say I do, I just explained here. But what I like is the instramentals, and the lyrics. His voice has that calming feeling to me, even when screaming. Now I know an artist is good when their music gives me cold chills. That;s exactely what the music did to my body while listening to them.

Now I see that there has already been three threads for this band. But hopefully we can keep this up longer than the others. [/COLOR]

I absolutely love BB! They are one of my favorite bands! I have loved them ever since they came out with there 2nd cd ;We Are Not Alone. But I also have their first cd called Saturate. I love their sound and lyrics and I really wish I could go to one of their concerts,they acually have one next month two hours away from where I live but my parents wont let me go! It totally sucks because my best friend has been to at least two of their concerts! :( :animecry:

[QUOTE=ForgotteÑ-HerÖ][COLOR=Blue]Recently I got the CD Phobia by Breaking Benjamin. I only got it to listen to 'Diary of Jane' but it turned out to be one of the greatest CD's I had ever bought. Now ironicly a week after I bought the CD, thy were going to be in Canton NY. Ironic? But after going to that concert they became my favorite band. Beating avenged Sevenfold to a bloody pulp.

Now I ask you all, do you like Breaking Benjamin?

I'd say I do, I just explained here. But what I like is the instramentals, and the lyrics. His voice has that calming feeling to me, even when screaming. Now I know an artist is good when their music gives me cold chills. That;s exactely what the music did to my body while listening to them.

Now I see that there has already been three threads for this band. But hopefully we can keep this up longer than the others. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Diary of Jane is hardly the best song on that CD, but it is a good one. Obviously as can be told by my current sig, I am a big BB fan. They are my favorite band of today by far, and have a lot of great potential for the future. It isn't that they revolutionized the genre, but more like they represent the genre magnificently. The sound is great, hes got a good voice on him, and their music is easy to indentify as each song have a similar feel to them, but at the same time each song has great individuality. They aren't my favorite band in terms of lyrics, but that's another great aspect of the band.

Phobia is a great great album though, I really liked WANA, Saturate I liked for the most part as well. They've been going strong.

So yeah, they're just too good of a band to say you don't like them. Everyone I know likes at the very least 2 or 3 songs from them. But, to each their own :).[/font]

[COLOR=DimGray]I didn't know So Cold was by them the first time I heard it, it's my brother's favorite songs. DOJ isn't my favoite song anymoe. that's been replaced by Evil angel/Topless. Topless has minimum lyrics. But because of that simplicity, I love the song. I know the songs by theor intro's. I read that he's afraid of flying, and taht the Intro to Phobia hass an aircraft taking off. Thus the intro is tied to his phobia.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]But wikipedia said that. And people can edit it whenever, so I don't know if it's true[/COLOR].

[COLOR=Blue]And as for DOJ, I lvoe teh accoustiv version. My favoite sons are sad in melody. I eel taht ou could paint a depressng cene witht hat one song.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ForgotteÑ-HerÖ][COLOR=DimGray]I didn't know So Cold was by them the first time I heard it, it's my brother's favorite songs. DOJ isn't my favoite song anymoe. that's been replaced by Evil angel/Topless. Topless has minimum lyrics. But because of that simplicity, I love the song. I know the songs by theor intro's. I read that he's afraid of flying, and taht the Intro to Phobia hass an aircraft taking off. Thus the intro is tied to his phobia.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Blue]But wikipedia said that. And people can edit it whenever, so I don't know if it's true[/COLOR].

[COLOR=Blue]And as for DOJ, I lvoe teh accoustiv version. My favoite sons are sad in melody. I eel taht ou could paint a depressng cene witht hat one song.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
Topless is actually an old one that they did but never released on one of their cds until Phobia. Besides that, I've just bought Saturate today from JB Hi-Fi and find it to be great. One of my friends has Phobia and I found it to be brilliant but Saturate I found to be better because the lyrics and tunes were just that much rougher and raw.

I absolutely love Evil Angel and Dance with the Devil from Phoba though; probably some of the best rock songs I've heard.

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']Correct, :p. Toss Breath in there and you have the three shining stars of the album.[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=Blue]Your preaching the truth. Those three songs are possibley the greatest on there.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=PWNED]Topless is actually an old one that they did but never released on one of their cds until Phobia. Besides that, I've just bought Saturate today from JB Hi-Fi and find it to be great. One of my friends has Phobia and I found it to be brilliant but Saturate I found to be better because the lyrics and tunes were just that much rougher and raw.

I absolutely love Evil Angel and Dance with the Devil from Phoba though; probably some of the best rock songs I've heard.[/QUOTE]

True Dat! Evil Angel and Dance with the Devil are my favorite songs from Phobia.I also love the acustic version of Diary of Jane.

[COLOR=Magenta][B]Well really, I'm not too fond of BB because of the certain poppy feel they have, but they aren't really Pop Rock considering...some of the garbage I'm hearing right now on the leading Music Channels. But... I used to love BB, because of the album We Are Not Alone, I got as soon as I heard "So Cold" being played as a trailer for a Starz channel. So, I went and got it, and I loved it. Their songs sound very similiar but, they have those two or three songs on every album that sound really different.

My personal favorite is "Forget It" because...I strangely like the happyness and sadness that's balanced into the song. I cannot really say that I am a hardcore fan, because I only have one CD and I no longer really listen to them, and I have no intention of getting Phobia, because I probably won't like it very much, considering I just don't like that kind of music. But that doesn't mean that I don't think BB are bad. Personally, I think they are very good.[/B][/COLOR]