OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Sunflowers

Sandy

Sounds good to me, though as for the order I'll pm all of you about that. Unless Sandy wants to know what we've decided on, I'm thinking it would be better to leave that up in the air.

Also, I agree with you Aaryanna, going second and last is something that can definitely work to our advantage, for the same reasons you already listed. Even if each team member posts differently we'll get a good idea of what to expect and we'll have the opportunity to really put a good solid finishing post in.

The only thing we have to worry about is Sandy missing a cliche. I sincerely hope he's very familiar with them since it's going to frustrate me if we lose a lot of points due to him not recognizing one.

Other than that I think this will be rather interesting. And since I'm not completely sure on how to write it, I'm pleased that someone else will be getting this thing rolling. Though I'm sure BKstyles and the other Aces were not planning on their posts serving as an example. ;) Especially since they can't afford to be misleading if they want to win. They'll have no choice but to do the best they can.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Grrr!!! Even though I said Beth should go first I want to! And yet I leave in just a few hours for a camping trip. Rats! I won't be back until Friday evening or Saturday morning. Man! I wanna! I wanna be next! Especially since I've got all sorts of ideas on what to put in there! Hehe!

Anyway... I guess I'll see how it's going when I get back. So who ever goes next, be sure to clobber them! And... even if I do go later there are so many cliches to use that it's not even funny! lol :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Goldenrod"][quote name='Sandy']Come on, flowers, it's your turn now. I would hate it if each person took a week to post in this challenge...[/QUOTE]I know, but I've been gone. My mom had to spend the night at the hospital for treatments and I know SunfallE as well as Rach have been busy. >_< :animesigh No worries. One of us will be putting it up tomorrow for sure. My mom was originally going to do it until she ended up having to go in for treatments.

She wasn't suppose to need to stay at the hospital overnight so that really threw things off for her. I only just found out a few hours ago when I got back from my camping trip. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']Come on, flowers, it's your turn now. I would hate it if each person took a week to post in this challenge...[/QUOTE]Sorry Sandy, like Aaryanna said, I've been busy. I had some written exams this week. I guess we should have posted to let you know that A_M was going to start. Though I didn't know she ended up needing to be in the hospital for a bit. >_<

If the others don't have time, once I've gotten some sleep I'll be able to post if the others already have commitments for the weekend. Now that my tests are done I have plenty of time both later today and tomorrow. I swear if it's not performances it's written exams. :animesigh

I'm terribly sorry Sandy. I had intended to post yesterday but I was so tired I ended up sleeping most of the day. However, before Rachmaninoff went to bed he wrote up a quick pm and sent it to me so I'd know he already started a post. All he has to do is finish it. He assures me that he will have that up later today once he's gotten some rest. ;) And then it will be the Ace's turn yet again. So I hope that's satisfactory for you.

[COLOR="goldenrod"]*pokes Sandy* Just so you know I'm working on my post since I'm next. :p But it's getting late for me so I'll finish on Monday when I get up and post it then. You know, when I'm not braindead from also doing a post for Silver One and working with indifference for an event for FQFG2 since it needed to be finished today. Oh and be looking for it since everyone's invited to be a part of it. Hehe!

Just too many things going on at the same time. ^_~ Also, so many cliches and so few words allowed. :animesigh That's why I'm quitting for the moment. I have to trim it back down and it's frustrating me. :bawl:

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done! Talk about going overboard with cliches. >_< That's gotta be the cheesiest post I've every written! Feh![/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][B]EDIT:[/B] And done! Talk about going overboard with cliches. >_< That's gotta be the cheesiest post I've every written! Feh![/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe, even so that had a LOT of cliches in it. Good job. ^_~ I couldn't help but laugh at it. Heh. I guess this means it's now the Aces turn. Should be interesting to see what they stuff into it next. [/COLOR]

I should probably give you a forewarning: even talking about the [I]number[/I] of clichés in public will disqualify your post. So far you haven't said exact numbers, but you better take this warning seriously. Losing just one post will most probably make you lose the whole challenge.

Oh, and Kathy, I hope everything's okay now (or as okay as they can be in your condition). Remember that you're a rolemodel to us all, you brave woman. ;D

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Sandy']I should probably give you a forewarning: even talking about the [I]number[/I] of clichés in public will disqualify your post. So far you haven't said exact numbers, but you better take this warning seriously. Losing just one post will most probably make you lose the whole challenge.[/QUOTE]I figured that was the case. Which is why I said [I]a lot[/I] instead of a specific number. ^_~ Since you said we couldn't mention the actual ones used so I assumed that meant we couldn't list the number either.

Thanks for the warning though. That would have sucked to lose over something like that. Especially after Rach and Aaryanna put so much work into their posts. Oh and by the way. I swear! Seeing that you had posted in our thread about gave me a heart attack! I was thinking... [I]Damn! How did we mess up?[/I] [B]XD[/B] Don't scare me like that Sandy! LOL! [/COLOR]

I'll second the great job bit, that was fantastic Aaryanna. As cheesy as this whole thing is, if only because it's painful to read a story with so many cliches in it, it is in it's own way funny. It certainly pokes fun at just how absurd some of those cliches really are. lol Anyway, I guess that means once KW is done you're up Aaryanna_Mom, and based on what you've told me SunfallE, I'm looking forward to seeing you wrapping things up at the very end. ;)

[quote name='Sandy']Oh, and Kathy, I hope everything's okay now (or as okay as they can be in your condition). Remember that you're a rolemodel to us all, you brave woman. ;D[/QUOTE]Thank you, and yes everything is going just fine. ;) I am doing much better. However, I do not have time to work on my post today. So unless it's a problem, look for it tomorrow.

Also... Good work so far everyone. :catgirl:
[B]
EDIT:[/B] Okay, look for it tomorrow, or rather Friday. I do have it written up but now I have to fix it to match the 500 words, so I'll finish that up in the morning and post. ;)

[B]EDIT:[/B] And finally! I'm sorry that took so long. It took me forever to get it to 500 words and yet still keep all the cliches in there. :animesigh I wanted to write it like a real story and yet doing so would have made it next to impossible as far as attempting to win goes.

That and I wanted to do more with Fuzzers. lol He's just begging to be more central to the story. ;)

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom'][B]EDIT:[/B] And finally! I'm sorry that took so long. It took me forever to get it to 500 words and yet still keep all the cliches in there. :animesigh I wanted to write it like a real story and yet doing so would have made it next to impossible as far as attempting to win goes.

That and I wanted to do more with Fuzzers. lol He's just begging to be more central to the story. ;)[/QUOTE]Great job A_M. Heh, you did a much better job than I did. And yeah, I know what you mean, it's a cliche fest instead of a real story. lol

Anyway, once the Aces have posted we'll be cheering for you SunfallE. I'm glad you're going to be doing the final post. I don't know enough about cliches to even think of anymore that can be used.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Anyway, once the Aces have posted we'll be cheering for you SunfallE. I'm glad you're going to be doing the final post. I don't know enough about cliches to even think of anymore that can be used.[/QUOTE]Me too. ^_^ Even though I know a lot I'm starting to come up dry. lol That and Beth told me what she's got in mind. Hehe! I can't wait to see it! :catgirl:
[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"]Me too. ^_^ Even though I know a lot I'm starting to come up dry. lol That and Beth told me what she's got in mind. Hehe! I can't wait to see it! :catgirl:[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well it's up and I'm not going to say anything about it. Since I don't know how it will go over and I can't explain why it works in the thread without losing the post. Which would pretty much ruin any chance we have of winning if that happened. :animestun And now that I'm done, I'm going to go and do something else and hope I got it right. >_< As well as cringing over how awful that post was. Feh![/COLOR]

o_O Well I don't know what I was expecting but that was not it. Sure I've seen that done in various shows, it just never crossed my mind that it would get used here. [[SIZE="1"]and I'm not saying what so Sandy won't smack me, though he just might anyway][/SIZE] That and your new signature banner? And even indifference has it linked. Seriously, lol you guys are weird!

[B]EDIT: [/B]I won't lie guys, I'm pissed at how many were missed. You may as well vote me out since I've officially lost interest. :animeangr

[quote name='Rachmaninoff'][B]EDIT: [/B]I won't lie guys, I'm pissed at how many were missed. You may as well vote me out since I've officially lost interest. :animeangr[/QUOTE]I apologize for saying this Sandy, but I feel the same way. :animesigh I'm sorry team. I know it makes me look like a bad loser, but I can't help but feel bad for both sides after all the work they put into their posts. :animedepr [spoiler] you missed a lot Sandy, even I can see that [/spoiler]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]:animesigh Thanks for the implication that we have no honor Sandy. And Rach and A_M have already voiced what I'm thinking as well. Whee! That makes me a sore loser too I guess. I'll come back when I'm not frustrated, otherwise I'd just quit and be done with it. Since right now I'd rather argue over what you missed on both sides. :animeangr

[B]EDIT:[/B] And I'm sorry guys, I tried something different and it lost us the game so I'm sorry. >_<[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]:animedepr I have nothing to say. After all, no matter how I put it, it will make me look like a sore loser as well. So yeah, I'll come back later as well since I too feel like throwing my hands up and quitting. Just thinking about how much was missed is beyond painful. *breaks things and leaves* [spoiler]Okay, I lied. I am angry. >_<[/spoiler][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]All right, I may not be the team captain, but the pity party ends here.

*[B]smacks herself as well as everyone else, [U]especially Rach[/U][/B]*

Whether or not cliches were missed or we agree with how things were done is irrelevant. We are the[B][SIZE="3"] Sunflowers[/SIZE][/B] and we'll accept our loss as a team and vote someone out as a team.

*[B]glares at everyone[/B]*

I am going to vote via a random draw though since I refuse to pick someone. [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]*[B]smacks herself as well as everyone else, [U]especially Rach[/U][/B]*[/COLOR][/QUOTE][B]OWWW![/B] All right! All right! >_< I'm sorry! Bah! I'll vote instead of demanding you vote me off. :animedepr I'll do a random draw like I did before. And you're right, it's over with so there's no point in getting annoyed. Its not like it's the first time people got screwed by a challenge. [spoiler]Ha! Made ya look! And no I'm not going to say which one since that would be telling. Nyah! [/spoiler]

*sends his vote off and dies*

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"] We are the[B][SIZE="3"] Sunflowers[/SIZE][/B] and we'll accept our loss as a team and vote someone out as a team. [/COLOR][/QUOTE][CENTER]*[B]shocks everyone with very un-lady like language[/B]*

I get it. >_< Random draw done and sent. Meanie! That smack hurt! :bawl:[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]All right, I may not be the team captain, but the pity party ends here.

*[B]smacks herself as well as everyone else, [U]especially Rach[/U][/B]*

Whether or not cliches were missed or we agree with how things were done is irrelevant. We are the[B][SIZE="3"] Sunflowers[/SIZE][/B] and we'll accept our loss as a team and vote someone out as a team.

*[B]glares at everyone[/B]*

I am going to vote via a random draw though since I refuse to pick someone. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Even so, you're quite right in saying what you did, smack and all. And please accept my apologies for allowing my frustration to show, it was very immature and childish of me to do so. So I will also do as the rest of you have and send in my vote. It's certainly nothing personal. Besides if any of us did quit then we really would have no honor and that would be unfair to those on the other team who worked hard as well.

*laughs* Oh I just love it. The Aces think we will want their blood. Oh that's just too funny! They're not the ones who missed so many cliches! :p So their blood is safe! *dies* [[SIZE="1"]don't take me too seriously here Sandy... I'm just venting a bit[/SIZE]] Or am I?

[IMG]http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9260/hidingsomethinggy3.gif[/IMG]

[spoiler]I really am kidding by the way. [/spoiler]