OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Sunflowers

Sandy

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm glad that's done, especially after getting assigned homework today. XP Man those teachers sure were eager to put us to work! lol Anyway, I just hope the other team posts soon so we'll have enough time to get the review done. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, same here, though since I also teach... I'm just as guilty since I was handing out assignments the other day too. XP Though to be fair I was also getting them as well. Anyway, I'm not too worried about them getting the article up quickly. I'm sure Sandy will make sure to give us enough time to do the review if it's close to the deadline. Though I hope it's sooner than that. If only because I want to see how this challenge finally turns out.

All right team. It seems that the Aces have submitted their article. So I'd like each of you to write up your thoughts on it and send it to me. Basically do it as if you were the only one writing the review. Then we'll work on combining all of them together into a single review to post in the main thread for Sandy. I'm glad they got it posted since we'll probably need a few days to work together to get that review done in time.

[CENTER]*****************************************[/CENTER]
All right you two, good work on sending me your thoughts and input as to how you thought we should do the review. I've gone ahead and posted it. :catgirl: I look forward to seeing what The Aces write as well as finally seeing the outcome of this challenge. I'm a little nervous since even though I'd like to win, I'm not sure I want to face the two of you if we do! lol Either way, since we'll be on the Jury if we lose... I'm thinking it's going to be fun to see what the final challenges coming up are! :catgirl:

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']All right you two, good work on sending me your thoughts and input as to how you thought we should do the review. I've gone ahead and posted it. :catgirl: I look forward to seeing what The Aces write as well as finally seeing the outcome of this challenge. I'm a little nervous since even though I'd like to win, I'm not sure I want to face the two of you if we do! lol Either way, since we'll be on the Jury if we lose... I'm thinking it's going to be fun to see what the final challenges coming up are! :catgirl:[/QUOTE]You're welcome. ;) I look forward to seeing what The Aces post as well. I'm sure there are things we could have done differently, but overall I'm more than pleased with how it turned out. Especially after all the work we put into it. XP

Also, you're not the only one who is nervous. lol Even if it's only to end up on the Jury! I'm curious as to what the final challenge will be should we win and I'm curious about the involvement one would have if they were on the Jury! Anyway, I have to agree, seeing what's coming up is going to be fun. Also, regardless of how it turns out, I've enjoyed working with both of you. And with everyone else as well.

Congratulations and good work you two! :catgirl: Even if I'm now nervous about facing both of you. I was worried that we would not win. Since as the Aces said, our article was not as focused as it could have been and yet considering how hard the two of you worked to get that done before school started again... I was very proud at how well it turned out.

Though I do have to laugh at the 'fluff' comment since we did trim out a lot of the material we found to avoid dragging it out. I guess we didn't get enough trimmed out. ;) And I do wish that we would have had more time to refine the article, but still I'm happy with how it turned out. Just as I'm happy at how quickly both of you responded to the requests for the review.

Anyway, I guess in a little bit we'll find out just what we will be doing. It's been fun having both of you as teammates. So best of luck to everyone. :catgirl:

Thanks, and the same goes to both of you. :catgirl: I honestly wasn't sure who Sandy was going to chose. I am happy with how the article we did turned out and yet I have to agree, it would have been nice to work on making it more focused. But with school and other obligations, time wise it would have been a pain and definately unfair to make The Aces wait.

Still I'm not going to complain since we did win the challenge and Charles was happy with how the article was written and it was included in Otakupedia. I think, now that I'm looking back, that it might have been better to separate out some of the history of the boards and it's format instead of trying to use it to explain the forum structure.

But again I still like how it turned out just the same. And regardless of everything I still think it was an excellent informal article. ;) And good practice for the one I'm currently researching since doing that got me all interested in other aspects of the boards. Though what I'm working on will take a while. Unlike the Yu Yu Hakusho forum, the person I'm researching has a very long history for me to sort though. Heh.

Anyway, best of luck you two. Though I'm thinking that both of you are going to totally clobber me. XP

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Whee! :catgirl: I was really wondering how this was going to turn out since our article wasn't as to the point as it could have been. XP And that was even with us trimming out over a third of what we found. I never thought I'd make it to nearly the end of this. I certainly hoped for it but still. I had my doubts. It's going to be fun to go up against you two! Even if it will feel weird.

Anyway, I'm sure once I'm done spamming here Sandy's likely to lock down our thread since we won't be The Sunflowers anymore. >_< Just when I'd gotten use to that name too. So I leave with this parting card for everyone. [[SIZE="1"]I didn't make it though[/SIZE]]

[CENTER][IMG]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a116/SunnyCin/alpha_thankyou-flower.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
It's been a lot of fun you guys and thanks for all the challenges, from everyone who's been a part of this. I enjoyed every challenge on both an individual and team level. [[SIZE="1"]kicks BKstyles in the shins just for fun :p[/SIZE]][/FONT][/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic]Actually, I'm going to leave this thread open for any discussions you might have between the three of you. Just because you play individually now, doesn't mean you have to give up being The Sunflowers. ;D[/font]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well, I've sent my answer to Sandy. XP Now I'll just have to wait and see what you guys do. Hehe. It still feels weird to not be a team though and I'm totally curious to see what the final challenge will be. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I'm totally curious to see what the final challenge will be. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]I'm sorry, but as I stated in the main thread, [I]this[/I] is the final actual challenge. After this one, all that is left is the Final Team Council, where the Jury and the public will vote who will win this whole contest.

Now it's a matter of which two of you three will make it there. ;D[/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I saw the part where you said the final jury and the OB public would vote. But for some silly reason I was thinking we would be doing something that they would be voting on! XP [[SIZE="1"]is being blonde[/SIZE]] Oh well, at least my curiosity got satisfied! lol [/FONT][/COLOR]

Well I've now sent my answers/entry to Sandy as well. It's been loads of fun you two. Even if it annoyed the hell out of me at times. lol Anyway... Looks like once your entry is in Kathy we'll finally get to see how this plays out.

It's gonna feel weird, first Silver One comes to an end and now this one will. After being in both for so long it's really going to feel off to not be in something like this. Guess that means I need to poke SunfallE to get the other SO running. Heh.

Just a quick update for you Sandy, I'm finishing up the second part, my victory themed piece if you will. I hope to have it done today, if not, definately tomorrow. Once I do that I'll send you everything.

And yes Rachmaninoff, I agree, it is going to feel very strange for this to finally end! The whole thing has been a lot of fun. :catgirl:

I have only one initial response to what Sandy posted... [B][SIZE="3"]o_O[/SIZE][/B] I so did [I]not[/I] see that coming at all. I was positive that the two of you were going to clobber me. XP Especially that video of yours Aaryanna, that was too cute for words. :catgirl: Especially the part where your dog was playing on the sofa. Heh. And your cross-stitch Kathy was equally as cute.

Anyway... I'm sure Sandy will understand that I'll need to think about this a little bit before I decide. >_< It's really hard to choose! I promise I won't take too long though.

Thanks again for everything you guys. :catgirl:

Congratulations Rachmaninoff! :catgirl: Both you and Aaryanna did a fantastic job. I really like that poem you did. It was well written and I enjoyed how you told the whole Survivor story from your prospective.

I also love that cute video of Aaryanna's. As for Sandy's remark about you getting all the titles right, I'm going to have to ask you just what in the world he was referring to. lol

Anyway, as you said Rachmaninoff, thanks for everything, it's been a lot of fun. I look forward to either being in the final or as a member of the jury. :catgirl:

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hehe, like my mom said... Congratulations Rachmaninoff! :catgirl: That was a pretty nifty poem you did for the victory bit. I agree with my mom, you did a fantastic job with that. Also, I'm glad you enjoyed my video, it was fun to make.

Anyway... *poke* I'll be waiting to see what your decision finally is.[/FONT][/COLOR]