OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Sunflowers

Sandy

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Also, I swear, it seems like lately everyone's having a birthday, first Sandy, then Darren and now Aaryanna, which is today by the way so I'll end this post with some spam.

[CENTER][SIZE=15][COLOR=pink][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Happy Birthday![/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Hopefully Aaryanna, you'll get what ever you wish for today. ;) Have fun![/QUOTE][quote name='Anomaly']Happy Birthday, Aaryanna![/quote]Thanks! :catgirl: And yes I had fun! As well as getting some of the things I wished for.

And to keep Sandy from thinking we are spamming the thread [[SIZE=1]even though we are[/SIZE]] I'm looking forward to your counter rap [[SIZE=1]which I've already said before...shhh! Don't tell Sandy![/SIZE]] which I'm sure will be totally awesome! :catgirl: [/COLOR]

Yet another update. I hate to say it, but I wrote up my counter rap but either I accidentally deleted it or saved it in a different spot since I can't find the damn thing. >_< I'm going to keep looking for it, but I guess if I can't find it I'll have to try and re-write it up from memory.

I just wanted to let you know Sandy, as well as the rest of you. Right now I'm kind of frustrated, but later today I'll look again and if I still can't find it I'll write it back up so I can get it submitted. :animesigh

[CENTER]-------------------------------[/CENTER]

Wee! Oh wait! I'm not having fun. I forgot. Um yeah, it's up to you now Anomaly. I'm happy with the outcome for the simple reason that I'm done with that damn challenge. I know SunfallE and Kathy will understand that I'm not being bitter. But damn if that challenge didn't annoy the hell out of me and then some. That and I feel like I wasted my time. :animesigh

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Wee! Oh wait! I'm not having fun. I forgot. Um yeah, it's up to you now Anomaly. I'm happy with the outcome for the simple reason that I'm done with that damn challenge. I know SunfallE and Kathy will understand that I'm not being bitter. But damn if that challenge didn't annoy the hell out of me and then some. That and I feel like I wasted my time. :animesigh[/quote]*laughs* Don't feel bad. ;) I understand completely. I felt the same way about my challenge since I don't like poetry and know next to nothing about it. Besides you did better than I would have. And despite what Sandy says you delivered the burn far better than White did. :p

Anyway, looks like it's your turn Alexa. I think you'll do fine. I wish I could help you, but I think it's obvious why Sandy said no one could help you or KW. [/COLOR]

...OH SHI-

lololol
When I read the challenge, my heart just dropped out of my chest. This is a weird challenge, and for some reason, it's scaring me @_@ I'll have to work out some sort of reply after my math exam and soccer game today. T___T

Attn: Rach.
You're still really awesome.

[QUOTE=Anomaly]...[B]OH SHI-[/B]

lololol
When I read the challenge, my heart just dropped out of my chest. This is a weird challenge, and for some reason, it's scaring me @_@ I'll have to work out some sort of reply after my math exam and soccer game today. T___T

Attn: Rach.
You're still really awesome.[/QUOTE]Heh, I know exactly what you mean. I felt the same way. lol

And thanks, now that I'm done pouting I'm fine. [SIZE=1][yes guys do pout[/SIZE]]

Anyway...I'm wishing our challenge had been reversed... You like rap and though I'm not interested in being a Mod I've at least had jobs where customer service was involved. So your challenge doesn't frighten me like the damn rap did. lol

Oh and thanks SunfallE, I agree, I made a point of pointing out each member of the other team. But then I thought that was what you were suppose to do. >_>

Excellent work team, It's looking like it's going to be a close race. And in a way I find that rather exciting. I think it's sad that only one can be chosen and it's often why I never watch those silly survivor shows since they tend to annoy the heck out of me.

In my professional opinion, it was not a simple choice, each contestant had area's where they clearly out did the other. And I'm sure all of you can understand that I feel biased towards our team.

On the other hand I can honestly say that it's much closer than people might think. Regardless of silly statements that so and so's was better. In that respect I am not biased at all. As a music teacher I am never biased towards a student when it comes to giving an honest critique and grade of what they did.

But since I know people would take it the wrong way or it would be taken as an unfair bias I have no intention of doing so. Other than to say, if you were my student Rach... I'd be very proud of the effort and results you produced. Especially in a medium that you are not comfortable with. That's a lot harder than people think it is.

Just like how Sandy couldn't follow the Bye Bye Bye instrumental song and insert the lyrics. If its not something you understand or know how to do, it is extremely frustrating to try to do it in a very short time. So trust me, you've got nothing to be ashamed about. Those raps were very impressive and well done.

Anyway, best of luck with your challenge Alexa. I'm positive that you'll do a good job. And since that's about all I can say, I'll stand back and cheer for you. :catgirl:

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']Regardless of silly statements that so and so's was better. [/quote]>_< Yes Mom! You're right and I take it back. Sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean or anything like that. Because in the end both of them were pretty funny. I'm only sorry that White didn't include each of us in the lyrics. I would have liked to see that. [/COLOR]

*reads A_M's post* Why do I now feel like I'm a whinny little brat? >_< It's almost scary how she does that. Regardless... I'll end the pity party. I was pretty frustrated but it's all said and done. So it's kind of pointless to keep dwelling on it. That and I'm not feeling frustrated anymore. ;)

*[SIZE=1]pulls out voodoo doll of Sandy and starts sticking pins in it[/SIZE]* [spoiler]I kid! [/spoiler] :p

[COLOR=goldenrod][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]>_< Yes Mom! [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Hehe, I say that to her all the time. ^_^ [QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]*reads A_M's post* Why do I now feel like I'm a whinny little brat? >_< It's almost scary how she does that. [/quote]You've no idea how scary that really is. lol I mean even online she nails ya! :p[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]*[SIZE=1]pulls out voodoo doll of Sandy and starts sticking pins in it[/SIZE]* [spoiler]I kid! [/spoiler'] :p[/quote]:rotflmao: Oh my! That is the funniest post I've read all year. :catgirl: And no complaining Sandy! After all you've been the villain in many of the themes of this Survivor Challenge! *laughs* I'm gonna have to see if I can fit that into my signature. Hehe!

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done! Mwahahahahahahaha! I got it to fit! :catgirl: Anyway... I'll be rooting for you Alexa to clobber the competition. Figuratively speaking that is. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=goldenrod'] Oh my! That is the funniest post I've read all year. :catgirl: And no complaining Sandy! After all you've been the villain in many of the themes of this Survivor Challenge! *laughs* I'm gonna have to see if I can fit that into my signature. Hehe![/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Century Gothic]I strongly suggest you pour your frustration down on the opposing team instead of the judge. I can quickly become biased as well if I get poked too much. >:P

*feels stings all over his body*[/FONT]

[QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic]I strongly suggest you pour your frustration down on the opposing team instead of the judge. I can quickly become biased as well if I get poked too much. >:P

*feels stings all over his body*[/FONT][/QUOTE]Then I guess you'll just have to be biased and if we lose I'll encourage the team to vote me off. Because it's one thing to make fun of the other team in a rap, but I'm not gonna say so and so on such and such team is lame because... doing so [I]really would be lame[/I], on my part that is.

I know that's not what you mean, but in my opinion, poking [I]you[/I] is more appropriate since you did give us our challenges that lead to the frustration in the first place. You're the host Sandy! It's your job to deal with the unruly contestants! Or annoying ones if you prefer to think of it that way. :p

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]
I know that's not what you mean, but in my opinion, poking [I]you[/I] is more appropriate since you did give us our challenges that lead to the frustration in the first place. You're the host Sandy! It's your job to deal with the unruly contestants! Or annoying ones if you prefer to think of it that way. :p[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]I'm just saying that you're wasting the energy you [I]should[/I] be aiming towards the competition on [I]me[/I]. Someone else was better than you this time, now accept it and move on. Volunteering to be voted out is a silly strategy in this game.

The next challenge is going to be very demanding, so I'm sure your team will need you in it. Don't lose your spirit before your team has even lost, that really hurts the team morale.

[I]- Lessons of a Survivor Host, vol. 1[/I][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic]I'm just saying that you're wasting the energy you [I]should[/I] be aiming towards the competition on [I]me[/I]. Someone else was better than you this time, now accept it and move on. Volunteering to be voted out is a silly strategy in this game.

The next challenge is going to be very demanding, so I'm sure your team will need you in it. Don't lose your spirit before your team has even lost, that really hurts the team morale.

[I]- Lessons of a Survivor Host, vol. 1[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]Who says I didn't accept it? I've been trying to poke fun here but it seems people are missing it. :animesigh

lol!
Apparently Tiana and I were employing the same tactic; wait until the other team posts before you put your own up xD I'll put mine up tonight, I think. I wanna keep this game moving.

edit: ... I'm sorry, you guys. I really am. This sucks, a lot. This is going to be beyond difficult.

Just know that I love you all lots =(

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Don't worry Anomaly, it's especially hard to make a decision like this when everyone has put a lot of effort into their challenges. Which is why I'm a fan of the random draw method, since honestly, how else could I choose when everyone did their best? :(

Though I'm not going to make that decision just yet. I know you want those answers quickly Sandy, but I can't make a choice like that without giving it some thought first. Even if I do end up using a random draw. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]You're just gonna have to wait Sandy. After all it's been so long since we've actually had to vote a member off I've forgotten how. :p That and there's no way I'm going to make a decision that quickly. It wouldn't be fair. Also, no apologizing allowed! No matter how good a job people do, both can't win.

Though I'm of the same mind you are Zeke. I won't be adopting that style anytime soon. It was funny to read, but that would take forever if I did everything like that. >_< I'd never have time to post. I like short and sweet and to the point thank you very much. That and many people have a short attention span. Most people who post like that wouldn't even read something that long anyway. [/COLOR]

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]Don't worry Anomaly, it's especially hard to make a decision like this when everyone has put a lot of effort into their challenges. Which is why I'm a fan of the random draw method, since honestly, how else could I choose when everyone did their best? :( [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Every time I have been required to vote for someone, that is exactly how I have done it. I do not watch survivor shows for the simple reason that all the silly soap opera behind how they choose to vote someone off annoys me. So for this competition I have always drawn names.

About the only difference was when the teams were merged into two. I tried to pick the members who had been the least active, even though I knew that school and other things interfered.

But in the end, there can only be one so I'll get to work on the draw and send it to you Sandy. As much as I'd like everyone to win, it's just not possible. And both of you did a good job. Anomaly for being to the point with lighthearted comments and KW for doing one that was more of a role play. At least that's how it seemed to me.

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done. I've sent you the pm Sandy.

Also, those pictures you posted were too funny SunfallE. My daughter has a number of pictures like that on our computer. The one that makes me laugh the most is this one:

[URL="http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/4807/threaddirectioncu9.jpg"][B][U]Thread Direction[/U][/B][/URL]

This just sucks. There's no other way to put it. >_< I did the same as SunfallE and did a draw for my vote between the two besides myself who lost their challenge. Though I got SunfallE *poke* So I voted for her to be booted off. Since it was her name that I drew. (though now that I've said that she'll probably clobber me again)

Oh and though I know you're kidding White... [I]Curse you Aces[/I] for putting us in the position of having to vote someone off. :p Because I can guarantee you the fight is far from over.
[CENTER]------------------------------------------[/CENTER][quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]I am a bit surprised myself since it's an awfully childish move by Desbreko...but I also feel like it may just be a joke and he'll unlock it soon. So just give it some time for everyone to get it all out of their system.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Okay I can see that it's probably a joke, but seriously. What the hell? Why in the world are we being expected to wait on someone else to get it out of their system when the issue has nothing to do with any of us who are a part of this RPG? Besides Sandy?

I feel like we're being punished for a misunderstanding that we had nothing to do with. And to be frank, even if it's in jest, that just seems like a move that will make things worse instead of making them laugh. :animesigh I mean Charles and Sandy are still going at it in the suggestion and feeback part of the boards.

Honestly I'm with KW on this [B]WTF![/B]

[CENTER]-------------------------------------[/CENTER]
[quote name='Keyblade Wielder'][FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Oh dear... sorry, I didn't think such jokes that involved two people could also involve others. >_>

Anyway, yeah, just delete this aswell, Sandy.

I'm just a bit pissed, to be frank.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
You and me both. Honestly it's just not funny. I mean Des is a site administrator for crying outloud. And I for one don't remember pranks that involved closing down threads that involve others as a [I]'joke[/I]'

So yeah, sorry Des, far from funny in my opinion. [[SIZE="1"]feel free to shot me if you wish[/SIZE]]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Whee! Now that this is out of the way...

[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t287/burnie100/avatar_1500.gif[/IMG]

Unlock that thread Sandy and get the next challenge up! After all the commotion I'm ready to battle and draw blood! *growls* [/COLOR]

That's a great gif Aaryanna. Seems like there's a lot of that these days. Anyway... seems that our new challenge is up and I have just one thing to say... [B]Thank God [/B]it's something I actually understand for a change. But more importantly, don't hate. I mean as silly as some of the cliches in Anime are, at least it's not rap. :)

[COLOR="Goldenrod"]Well, that's certainly different. Good thing there's a limit on the words, still 500 is a lot. It may look small, but that's close to a whole page in Word. It's going to get progressively more difficult to find a cliche that hasn't been used as the challenge goes on.

Personally I'm of the opinion that Beth should go first. She's watched a lot more anime than I have and I know she'd get us off to a good start. Then the rest of us could continue and I say we use pm's to point out cliches that the other team has already used so we avoid using one that has already been used.

Also, it may look like starting gives one the advantage, but actually it will let us see just how much they managed to squeeze into one post. Plus being the last one means we can really stick it to them since we'll have a good idea of where we stand as far as the number of chiches used at that point. Especially if it's pretty close.

I'm sure there are some we won't recognize, but so long as we focus on what we do I think we can essentially blow them out of the water so to speak. And speaking of cliches, I'll compile a list and send it to everyone. Or rather I'll wait a bit. Just in case Sandy objects. But I'll make that list just the same.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="Goldenrod"] Good thing there's a limit on the words, still 500 is a lot. It may look small, but that's close to a whole page in Word. It's going to get progressively more difficult to find a cliche that hasn't been used as the challenge goes on. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Oh I agree. It is a good thing that Sandy limited it. Otherwise BKstyles would sail in there with a 20 page essay using every single cliche out there. :p [spoiler]I kid. ^_~[/spoiler]

In the end the order is up to you Kathy. I'll follow what ever you want me to do. I have no problem being the first one to go on our team. And I'd be surprised if Sandy didn't allow us to discuss what cliches we've used as well as the other team, in pm's that is. And personally I think that's the best way to go.[/COLOR]