OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Sunflowers

Sandy

[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="goldenrod"]:animesigh Thanks for the implication that we have no honor Sandy.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]As I explained to you over at the PM, I did not by any means wanted to imply that your team has no honor. "Completing something with honor" is a [I]phrase[/I], at least in my language, meaning that someone's done something how it was meant to be done (eg. "he completed the driver's license test with honor"). You, Beth, and Ezekiel were both disqualified, thus you didn't complete the [I]task[/I] with honor, but you both are persons with great honor and I respect you both deeply.

Hope you understand this.

As for catching "too few" of the clichés, I did catch over 70 of them, and if that's not enough, then I guess I just don't know my anime/manga that well. Just remember that I was collecting [B]clichés[/B] (things that are repeated over and over again almost ad nauseum), [I]not[/I] things that have happened in one single anime episode once.

I'm sorry you guys feel like quitting after this loss (have you noticed you have the same discussion after every loss, by the way?), but you just have to trust me being impartial on my judgings. It's not like I can desert you into some solitary island, now can I? ;P

But I'd trust your will to fight the other team will last a bit longer, since there's only two or three challenges coming (depending on the outcome of the next challenge) until the Grande Finale.

Again, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to make you feel better (at least nothing that wouldn't offend the other team). You just have to find the strength to continue from yourselves.

PS. Always remember that this is [I]just[/I] a game.[/FONT]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="goldenrod"][quote name='Sandy'][FONT="Century Gothic"]I'm sorry you guys feel like quitting after this loss (have you noticed you have the same discussion after every loss, by the way?), but you just have to trust me being impartial on my judgings. It's not like I can desert you into some solitary island, now can I? ;P

But I'd trust your will to fight the other team will last a bit longer, since there's only two or three challenges coming (depending on the outcome of the next challenge) until the Grande Finale.

Again, I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do to make you feel better (at least nothing that wouldn't offend the other team). You just have to find the strength to continue from yourselves.

PS. Always remember that this is [I]just[/I] a game.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Sandy... :animedepr Have you noticed that it's normal to get frustrated? I already explained things in my reply to you. Seriously, we have not had the '[I]same'[/I] discussion after every loss. Go back and read this thread as well as the others. The mercenaries clobbered the team I was on many times and I did not complain, Kathy's team lost and she did not complain, Rach was evicted and he did not complain. :animedepr The problem was a misunderstanding of the wording, something that I've since explained to you.

So long as I understand that I'm fine. But please, don't compound it by saying we complain every single time. I know it's just a game, but more important is what I perceive as your impression of us. Because if what I said to you really was true, that would not be fun.

And don't forget, game or not, it was frustrating. We got upset, we got over it and we moved on. And one other thing, if you look at the other team threads through out the game, we are not the only person to be vocal or feel bad over loosing a challenge so don't make us out to be martyrs, since we're not. :animedepr

We sent you our votes and now we'll wait on the Aces decision. [/COLOR]

[font=Century Gothic]I'm sorry for exaggerating, it just [I]felt[/I] like each loss (for [I]all[/I] of the teams, not just this one) resulted in frustration and nitpicking - normal reactions, I reckon, but when they're always aimed at me, it sometimes feels a bit too much to take in. It's like every loss is my fault, for making such a sucky challenge, heh. ;P

But I know that's not how you guys really feel - I know you've had plenty of fun along the road. Mind you that this is [I]Survivor[/I] we're playing here, it has it's highs and lows - it can't all be just fun and games, otherwise there'd be no challenge in it for anyone to "survive".

But yes, your faith is at the hands of the opposing team. After that is settled, we move onto the next challenge - something not as complicated as this one, but I gather it will be twice as demanding. You'll just have to wait and see what i'm talking about... ;D[/font]

I apologize for dragging this up again, but you don't understand the complaint Sandy. People are hurt since even though you did not mean it, the statement implied that people attempted to cheat. ;) I'm sure you can understand why that was upsetting. And please Beth is right, don't think we are sore losers. We are not the only ones in the past to post or be frustrated over how a challenge went. And venting that frustration does not equate to wishing to quit.

I will admit that this time I was tempted, but you notice I sent you my vote just the same. I've accept that you did not catch a lot of cliches, and so has the other team, though for them that acceptance is easier, they did win after all. ;)

Game or not, it is natural to feel upset or frustrated, perhaps you're not use to someone actually voicing that frustration, but I assure you whether or not a person says something they do feel it. I can not speak for my team mates, but for myself, sometimes I have to voice it, in order to see how silly it is and move beyond it.

And now that I've said that, please, don't think poorly of us for being into the game enough to get frustrated. If we really didn't care we wouldn't even get upset or feel bad. And we certainly won't move beyond it and send you our votes.

Besides, I do have to laugh at how the votes turned out. It seems that our random draw resulted in putting the decision in the Aces hands. Which is fine by me. I hate making those choices anyway.

[B]EDIT:[/B] It seems we were responding at the same time. lol ;)

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]Oh good grief! *[B]dies laughing[/B]* What are the odds of each of us getting a vote? XP I guess it's better this way, I really hate voting someone off. >_< I hope they decide soon, I want to get this behind us, even if I'm the one who gets voted off. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Hehe, you guys are great. :catgirl: It's freaking hilarious that we all got one vote each. And though I'd rather we decide it ourselves, I'm fine with the decision being passed to the Aces. [[SIZE="1"]not like I have a say in the matter anyway lol[/SIZE]] Anyway, I guess the question is will they go after our strongest player [[SIZE="1"]which by the way is not me, I'm the whiniest player XP[/SIZE]] or will they trim out the one they see as the weakest? [spoiler]I'm so screwed. >_< [/spoiler] LOL!

On another totally different tangent. I found the missing Survivor 4 thread for the Bermuda Triangle event. XP Good thing I already found something else. I'd rather it stay lost for a little bit longer. [spoiler] I kid Sandy! ^_^[/spoiler]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][IMG]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/3893/sadistsf1.gif[/IMG]

I feel like I'm being punished. XP Even if I get kicked off... I'm ready to get started on the next challenge or cheer for whoever is left. Though if they go for the strongest player on our team... I've got no worries... since it's not me. XP

Feh! I'd poke the Aces except BKstyles would probably smack/bite me! [spoiler] *pokes BKstyles just the same!* [/spoiler] LOL! :catgirl:

*goes back to waiting for the executioner's axe to fall. >_< *[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"]Well the axe has fallen, so I'm spamming the thread before Sandy shows up and stops me. Heh. Kick some major butt guys. ^_~ I know you can do it. It's been fun, that's for sure. :catgirl:

P.S. [spoiler]BKstyles really does bite! So be careful![/spoiler] :D[/COLOR]

Hell! This sucks. I [I]wanted [/I]to be voted off dammit! XP Figures.

Oh and Sandy... [[SIZE="1"]I'm just living up to my whiney reputation so just ignore me okay?[/SIZE]]

Oh and SunfallE, no worries. I've had my shots so getting bitten won't be a problem. lol I'm sure it would hurt though. Now... Post the next challenge Sandy! SunfallE ordered us to kick some butt! :p

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well if we don't win this next challenge, you'll get that wish Rach. >_< Talk about high stakes! Also, I'm confused about how the whole thing works. Do the Aces give us a topic and then once Sandy okays it do we give them one and then we both work on our articles at the same time? I'm a little lost on the execution of this event to tell the truth.

As for [spoiler]BKstyles biting. Fair warning... I bite back! [/spoiler] And now that I've abused that not so funny anymore reference, I'll move one. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Do the Aces give us a topic and then once Sandy okays it do we give them one and then we both work on our articles at the same time? I'm a little lost on the execution of this event to tell the truth.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
No you're not. You got the right idea from the get-go. ;D Except I don't really have to "okay" the subjects, I just want to make sure that they're different enough from each other.

One hint (and this goes for the Aces as well): choose the most [I]difficult[/I] topic you can imagine.[/FONT]

Of all times to lose Beth. Especially since she's written articles and reviews for theOtaku. And currently does small news posts for the main page there. Having her experience would have really helped. Still I do have some experience working with ward newsletters and that includes gathering information for an article. The more difficult the topic the more fun it is to put the pieces together. Doing genealogy is similar as well. So I guess once the Aces gives us a topic. We will give them one as well and get started.

I think the only thing I don't like is the possibility of ending up facing you two. It's the nature of the game but still I've been in a team mentality the whole time so that's gonna feel strange if I'm one of the remaining players.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]My sincerest apologies to The Sunflowers, it appears though as if the rest of my team (cept Tiana, who let me know ahead of time she would be gone) have lost interest in the competition. I will present you with a topic myself in a couple of hours to keep things going.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I know I want our topic and soon. >_< If only because I start school again on the 20th. XP So I'll have less free time. And I know that my Mom is still planning on doing the challenge, and even Rach, though he too starts school on the 20th.

As for the last topic problem, someone ought to go and bonk Charles. You don't list something like that in the T section. You put in in the D section. The word The does not count when organizing titles. lol My mom found out by virtue of searching for the Digimon Forum and finding it in the old Otakupedia thread and then she went and checked the list of articles again since she couldn't believe they forgot to move one of the articles over.

Anyway... I'm ready to get this going. To get to the next phase of this game if you will. That and I'm planning on kicking your guys' butt! :p Whether or not we manage to actually do just that is another story. Heh.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna'][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I know I want our topic and soon. >_< If only because I start school again on the 20th. XP So I'll have less free time. And I know that my Mom is still planning on doing the challenge, and even Rach, though he too starts school on the 20th. [/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]Me too, since like you said school starts on the 20th. Though I already addressed this concern to Sandy. But seriously, I'd like to get things going, especially since I still have next week off and therefore time to actually help hunt down the information we need. If not, then Sandy already said he'd take care of it. So I'll leave it to his capable hands at that point.

[B]EDIT: [/B] Well it seems we have our topic and I'm glad to finally see it since I wanted to be able to work on this before I begin school again. And with that in mind I did a search and trust me, I found tons of stuff to use for this. Heh, I sent all the links to everything along with my final thoughts on the topic I think we should give them to both of you. Regardless of whoever wins, this article is going to be fantastic. Once you guys check out the links I sent you, you'll understand. :) Anyway, I'll work on it some more later today. Oh and just for the record, there's no need to consult me again as far as the topic goes, whatever you finally decide on Kathy is fine by me.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] And with that in mind I did a search and trust me, I found tons of stuff to use for this. Heh, I sent all the links to everything along with my final thoughts on the topic I think we should give them to both of you. Regardless of whoever wins, this article is going to be fantastic. Once you guys check out the links I sent you, you'll understand. :) Anyway, I'll work on it some more later today. Oh and just for the record, there's no need to consult me again as far as the topic goes, whatever you finally decide on Kathy is fine by me.[/QUOTE]Wow. The information you dredged up is impressive. Once I saw the topic I was thinking... great... a forum that no longer exists. I mean, none of us were members when that forum was around. XP Anyway, I'll get to work on my part and with a whole week before school starts again I should have plenty of time to get it all done. ^_^ Plus I've got some other ideas that I'll address in my response to your pm Rach. And yeah, as for the topic, I so agree with what you said and I've told my Mom so we'll most likely give them that topic that you mentioned. It should be interesting to see what they come up with. Heh.

Anyway, since this is a contest I say we keep most of what we are doing to pm's. We wouldn't want to accidentally help them after all. :p Since I know that like us they probably check our thread on a regular basis, I know I check their thread every time a new post goes up, after all if they post it then we deserve to know! Besides as SunfallE said in the Panopticon [[SIZE="1"]shameless obscure reference used, whee!!!![/SIZE]] NO FREEBIES! Hehe. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

Good Heavens you two! I was not expecting to see so much already done. And I must say, I'm impressed. What you've found Rachmaninoff will make an excellent article. And like you said Aaryanna, I'll keep my observations to pm's. But so far it looks like the two of you have easily divided this into tasks that suit each one of us so I'll get started on my part today. We want to get it up within a reasonable amount of time since the Aces do have to write a review on it, so I'd like to make sure we do them the courtesy of making sure they have at least a week to do that review.

So our goal should be to post the article no later than the 24th of this month since that will give them an entire week to do the review. Just as it gives us two weeks to write up the article. And with that in mind, since I agree with what the two of you said about their topic, I will go and post that right now so they will have the same amount of time we do for writing an article and getting it up in time for us to do a review as well.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']So our goal should be to post the article no later than the 24th of this month since that will give them an entire week to do the review. Just as it gives us two weeks to write up the article. [/QUOTE]Sounds good to me. With school starting on the 20th, that just gives me more motivation to get my part done before then. And with that in mind I went through and organized all the stuff I found earlier. I sent both of you a copy. :) I'll keep searching for more tidbits on the forum in question. Even if we already have enough for an excellent article there's no reason why we can't find as much as possible about it. Anyway, once I've taken a break, since I spent a while organizing the stuff, I'll start looking again.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']So our goal should be to post the article no later than the 24th of this month since that will give them an entire week to do the review. Just as it gives us two weeks to write up the article. [/QUOTE]Works for me. :catgirl: But then you already know that like Rach I start school again on the 20th. Not that I mind since I like school. Still having the article nearly finished before that date would be ideal. Then I won't have to worry about it while I'm getting use to classes and studying again. XP

Anyway, I already finished my part, so I'm going to work on a couple of other ideas based on what you found Rach, I think you'll like what I have in mind. :catgirl: I should get that finished tomorrow, but until then I sent you what I've done so far. [/FONT][/COLOR]

Alright, our goal is set. And seeing what the two of you have already done I think we'll have no trouble whatsoever meeting it. So our official due date for the finished article is the 24th of this month. :catgirl: Now that we've decided that I already went ahead and sent you what I've gotten done at my end Rachmaninoff. I expect to have more for you in a couple of days. Keep up the good work team. At this rate we may have it done before both of you return to school.

[quote name='Aaryanna_Mom']At this rate we may have it done before both of you return to school.[/QUOTE]Or even sooner, I just took everything you guys sent me and wrote up a rough draft and sent it to both of you. I don't even want to think about how much time I've spent on this so far. XP Anyway, I'm still going to hunt down more stuff, but still even if I find nothing else, we've got more than enough. Frankly I'm surprised at all the information we've found on this. So regardless of who wins, Otakupedia is going to get a fantastic article. :catgirl:

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Or even sooner, I just took everything you guys sent me and wrote up a rough draft and sent it to both of you. I don't even want to think about how much time I've spent on this so far. XP Anyway, I'm still going to hunt down more stuff, but still even if I find nothing else, we've got more than enough.[/QUOTE]Goodness! You've certainly been busy! And I agree, even if we found nothing else, what we have right now is more than enough. So I say we continue our search for other things to add in, but if we find nothing else by the time both of you start school... Then at that point if you both wish it I'll just go ahead and post it. It's certainly far more than I ever expected. :catgirl: So keep up the good work team!

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]All right team, I went through and added some more details to the current article. So look it over and tell me what you think. :catgirl: I'm just glad that Sandy didn't give us a limit on words or length. Especially since I didn't expect to find so many interesting things about it. Hehe. The whole thing is making me think of doing another article for Otakupedia. Provided I have time that is, what with school starting next week and all. XP [/FONT][/COLOR]

Heh, excellent work Aaryanna. I went through and did some formatting based on what you sent me Kathy, so the next revision has been sent to both of you. I must say that I like your idea better, it's far more focused than how I had it written up before. Anyway, I know you said you're still waiting on some more information, so once we have that I say we work it in and then after double checking everything... We submit it.

I mean it is getting pretty lengthy and I'm thinking that after a certain point it's best to simplify it since it's an article and not a term or research paper in the truest sense of the word. So too much more and I think it would only make it cumbersome and be a bit of a turn off as far as reading it goes.

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I mean it is getting pretty lengthy and I'm thinking that after a certain point it's best to simplify it since it's an article and not a term or research paper in the truest sense of the word. So too much more and I think it would only make it cumbersome and be a bit of a turn off as far as reading it goes.[/QUOTE]I agree completely, and to that effect I removed some of the wordiness if you will, replacing some of the more complex words with something more simple and to the point. Other than a few terms since they fit with what was found so I felt that changing those would have been more confusing in the long run.

Anyway, I have made a few changes to the last revision you sent to me Rachmaninoff and now I have done the final phase we were talking about. Once that is done and we go over it once more, it will be time to submit the article to the Otakupedia thread. Excellent work you two. And perfect timing with school starting on Monday. I think that was the best way to go, to put in that extra time so it would be ready before both of you get busy again. :catgirl: