OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Sunflowers

Sandy

Well I must say that I'm pleased we won this round. If only because like you mentioned Rachmaninoff, a loss would have put us in a tricky situation with Anomaly's status still being up in the air. And at the same time I like it since being tied means that each team has to work that much harder to achieve the final victory.

And speaking of that I've been thinking about all that's been said over the two threads that were created and I hope you'll forgive me team but I do want to address what I think is a certain amount of unfairness being directed at Shy. Since everyone seems to be focusing on Naps the Cat instead of his original point. Myself included, I thought it was a joke and pm'd Shy who set me straight on what happened.

Now I hope everyone understands since I'm going to be blunt towards everyone. First of all I think it's a bit sad that the thread got closed before more responses could be made, or rather before Shy could try to explain what he was getting at. And the following attitude or perception that Shy was being flippant or not taking the role seriously is misplaced.

However on the flip side I think even Shy failed to take in account that he is always fairly serious, to the point, well spoken and doesn't usually joke around like he did in the thread. At least not since I've known him. So the whole tone of the thread was to be blunt unsettling. It was unlike anything that most of us are use to seeing from him. And as a result it completely derailed his thread and idea.

So in the end both sides are at fault for it not taking off. Ours for assuming it was a prank and Shy's for not realizing that you can't turn around and be funny like that and expect people to get it when you're not the type to do that. And perhaps you are Shy, but I haven't been around long enough to see it. Not like Charles who's sense of humor would have fit that thread perfectly. I honestly had to read it twice to believe that it was you.

Anyway, that's pretty much what I wanted to say. *hands out freshly baked cookies* Now no taking what I said personally okay? ;)

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=goldenrod]
Oh and one question for you Sandy. Even though SunfallE isn't going to help me come up with an idea I assume it's okay if she loans me materials? Since she does ceramics and has a nifty set of acrylic paints and brushes. (I'm too broke to buy my own) I assume that's fine? ^_~[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]Of course that's okay. ;D You don't have to overdo it, though. Most dioramas are done with just a shoebox and some paper and coloring pencils.

But your materials of choice certainly sound interesting. Take your time with it, there's no rush.[/FONT]

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic]Of course that's okay. ;D You don't have to overdo it, though. Most dioramas are done with just a shoebox and some paper and coloring pencils.

But your materials of choice certainly sound interesting. Take your time with it, there's no rush.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh I know I don't have to overdo it. It's just that summer vacation started for me this week so I have lots of time to do fun stuff! And I've got a really great idea on what to do! :catgirl: I'm really excited to do it since just thinking about it has me giggling over how it will look when I'm done.

And it's not often that I get a fun project like this when I have the time to actually do it. Good lord this is going to be fun! Even if I don't win I think all of you are going to love it![/COLOR]

OMG IS DAT SUM INTRANETS?
it is.
=3
Hello new computer, Hello old team. I am very very very glad to be able to post again. Aiyaa. That was a long 2 weeks. I was sure I'd come back to being voted out, because I missed my challenge. This is not the case! Anyways, to paraphrase, I was sad, now I am glad. I look forward to continuing the game with all of you.

It's good to see you again. I was hoping when I asked Sandy to put you at the end of the list that it would be enough time for you to get back online again. ;)

As you can see we are tied and I have faith in the rest of you to put in a good battle. Even if Sandy is giving us weird challenges. lol

[COLOR=goldenrod][SIZE=3][B]Anomaly!!![/B][/SIZE] *glomps* You're back! :catgirl: Mwahahahaha! Now that we are a full team again the Aces will never know what hit them! Hehehehe!
[CENTER]
------------------------------ [/CENTER]

[B]UPDATE:[/B] Just an update for you Sandy. I know you said to take my time and that there was no rush, but I thought you'd like to know that I'm putting the finishing touches on it and expect to have the pictures ready either tomorrow or Sunday.:catgirl: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=goldenrod]I too am glad to see you back Anomaly. ^_^ It would have really sucked if you weren't able to get back into the game in time.

Now as for your entry Aaryanna...*dies laughing* Oh my! I just love it! I've been chuckling over it for a while now. Hehehe. I just love what you did. ^_^ *dies laughing again* I really hope you win...Otherwise I'll be out the $200 it seems I bet on you! LOL![/COLOR]

I think it's a given that we are all glad to see you Anomaly. I would have really felt bad to lose you as a team member.

Now like you SunfallE, I just died laughing when I saw what Aaryanna did too. That is totally [I]awesome[/I]. LOL! Those poor impaled eggs! Damn if that doesn't look painful! *dies laughing* I'm gonna have to save those pictures. :catgirl:

[COLOR=goldenrod]Wow, I can't believe I actually won. o_O When I saw Ezekiel's this morning I was sure I was screwed since I don't know how to draw and it was so stylishly done. It made me feel like mine was all messy. >_< And I especially got a kick out of the [I]Crazy Man in the White Coat[/I]. I can just see White in that role. And BKstyles with his bazooka and scar running down his face was too cute. ^_^

Anyway, I'm glad we won though, even though Sandy says I was missing contestants. Which is true. I decided to only put two from each past team in the pit of spikes. I wanted it to have some level of balance since that would have resulted in four green, three blue and only two of the remaining colors.

Though considering how many wacky colors I had going on I'm not sure if it would have mattered. Anyway, best of luck on your challenge Rach. I don't even listen to Rap music so I wouldn't even know where to begin. o_O Also I'm wondering if Sandy just means the lyrics or if you have to actually compose a melody as well. [/COLOR]

Good work Aaryanna. ;) Both you and Ezekiel did a great job, even if their entry turned us into mutant Sunflowers invading Earth. lol

Anyway...I have the same question for Sandy that you do. Are you looking for just the lyrics Sandy? Or are you expecting us to actually compose a melody as well? If you could clarify that I'd appreciate it.

*dies* But seriously...Rap music? *dies again* About my only exposure to rap music is what I've seen in movies, shows, etc. It's not exactly a genre of music that I listen to or even enjoy. >_<

I'm sure I covered it in one of my classes on musical history, but man, that was years ago when I was working on my Bachelor's degree. I'm gonna have to actually research it before I even know where to begin. If only it had been classical in nature, though I suppose that would have been highly unfair seeing that I've already got my bachelors in music and I'm more than halfway through my masters program. :animesigh

*hugs Aaryanna* I'm glad to see you guys too,and great work on the diorama, you! I know it was a tough decision for Sandy, but it favoured us so I am glad =D

Man, I love rap! That's so not fair xD Rach, I can totally hook you up with rap that doesn't suck. Fo rls. I used to HATE it, but I found music with like AMAZING lyrics and even better background music. Lots of piano and soft stuff. Let me know if you'd like to hear any, just for fun!

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]
Anyway...I have the same question for Sandy that you do. Are you looking for just the lyrics Sandy? Or are you expecting us to actually compose a melody as well? If you could clarify that I'd appreciate it.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Century Gothic]You can go with the basic beat, if you wish, in which case you only need to write the lyrics. [I]Or[/I] you can try to really outdo your rival and match the lyrics with an existing rap-song.

Rap isn't my type of music, either, but I'm thinking this will be a fun duel anyway. ;D Dips on Shy for the idea, btw![/FONT]

[quote name='Anomaly']Man, I love rap! That's so not fair xD Rach, I can totally hook you up with rap that doesn't suck. Fo rls. I used to HATE it, but I found music with like AMAZING lyrics and even better background music. Lots of piano and soft stuff. Let me know if you'd like to hear any, just for fun![/quote]By all means please do send me a list, if anything it will give me a starting point of stuff to listen to.[QUOTE=Sandy][FONT=Century Gothic]You can go with the basic beat, if you wish, in which case you only need to write the lyrics. [I]Or[/I] you can try to really outdo your rival and match the lyrics with an existing rap-song.

Rap isn't my type of music, either, but I'm thinking this will be a fun duel anyway. ;D Dips on Shy for the idea, btw![/FONT][/QUOTE]Like we did with the song when we were still Mercenaries eh? Now that's a thought. And having an existing pattern and rhythm is something that would make things easier for me. I think. >_< If I don't go nuts listening to it that is. No disrespect intended, but I've yet to hear a rap song that I actually like.

Anyway...I'm gonna go and listen to some Rachmaninoff to sooth my nerves. I'm getting the feeling that I'm gonna need it. lol
[CENTER]
***************[/CENTER]

All right, just an update for you team and for you Sandy. First of all, I mentioned it in passing in the underground for The Panopticon but I have a performance tonight and tomorrow, so I'm sure you can guess that practicing for that comes first. Something I've already been doing this week as well as for the past couple of months.

However I have been trying to listen to different rap songs/hip hop/whatever. And yeah, damn if they don't take pretty melodies and ruin them with that horrid chant they call singing. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's hard enough getting to the end of the stupid song let alone thinking about making lyrics to go along with it. >_<

In spite of that I have picked a couple of songs that I intend to work with as soon as I'm done with my performance tonight and tomorrow evening. Those performances are part of my grade for this semester so naturally it comes first. Once I'm done I'll have time to finish things up. I do have some ideas so I'm hoping to have it done either Saturday evening or sometime on Sunday.

I hope that's all right with you Sandy.

[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]However I have been trying to listen to different rap songs/hip hop/whatever. And yeah, damn if they don't take pretty melodies and ruin them with that horrid chant they call singing. Sorry if that's harsh, but it's hard enough getting to the end of the stupid song let alone thinking about making lyrics to go along with it. >_<
[/QUOTE]Don't feel bad. ;) It's certainly not harsh either. lol Just what you think and not all music is for everyone right? Besides...I agree, it's like nails running down a chalkboard isn't it? *shudder* No offense Anomaly. But I do know one thing...I'm glad none of my kids like that music. lol

Oh and if you really want to relax, try putting in the Violin Concerto in E minor by Felix Mendelssohn. That's one of my favorites when I'm feeling stressed. And I have SunfallE to thank for it since she's the one that suggested it to me. That or Brahms Piano Concerto No. 2 Both are fantastic. ;)

It's a pity you can't go further back into some of the history that's suppose to have influenced Rap such as the Blues or Jazz. That type of music is certainly easier on the ears. lol

[COLOR=goldenrod]Man I hope you don't think we are picking on you Anomaly! >_< Since I don't like rap either. Blech! Though once you get it ready Rach I'll be glad to look at it to see what I think. Just don't ask me to actually listen to it if it's done from an existing song.

And trust me, it's not from lack of trying, I have a couple of friends who try on a regular basis to introduce me to songs but I don't like them. :bawl:

It's too bad you didn't get the challenge Anomaly since I think you would have enjoyed it. And correct if I'm wrong Rach, but I get the feeling that this challenge is frustrating you since you don't like the music. Perhaps it might be best if you steer away from actually listening to it. ^_~[/COLOR]

*laughs* I admit that rap isn't for everyone. I found one artist I liked, then looked for similar, and now I like several different rap artists. I wouldn't say it's my favourite genre, but I do really like it. I believe that everyone can find an artist they like, no matter the genre. I hated rap at one point. Wouldn't even try and find anything in it until last year, and I didn't even really get into it until this year.

I'm confident in you Rach, so don't stress! We're doing well, and even if we don't win, we've another round to take it back ;D Relax! Tis what rap is all about ;3

[COLOR=goldenrod]Hehe, my guess is that it's your performances that's really stressing you out here. ^_~ After all if it is part of your grade it's bound to make you nervous. I know that sort of thing would make me nervous! lol

Regardless, I bet once you get those perfomrances done you'll probably feel more up to this challenge. Ironically I really don't like rap/hip hop either. However there are a few songs that I've heard that I like. However, they were part of a movie or show and at the moment I don't remember what the name was.

Anyway, regardless I know you'll make a good song. :catgirl: [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=SunfallE][COLOR=goldenrod]Hehe, my guess is that it's your performances that's really stressing you out here. ^_~ After all if it is part of your grade it's bound to make you nervous. I know that sort of thing would make me nervous! lol

Regardless, I bet once you get those performances done you'll probably feel more up to this challenge. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]You're right. I've been preparing for them for months now so I've been stressing over it this week. lol Just one more to go tonight and I'll have that behind me!

Anyway...sorry if I sound like I'm freaking on you guys. For me the performances are the equivalent of finals, so I've been understandably nervous about them. :animesigh

So no worries, in spite of that I do have some ideas in mind so I'll get to work on those later tonight or tomorrow. Oh and A_M, about SunfallE suggesting that concerto by Mendelssohn..why do you think I ended up asking her to be my online wife? That among many other things I assure you. ;) Now I'll be on my way before Sandy smacks me for getting to far off topic. :D

Thanks Anomaly. :catgirl: In a way that did turn out to be kind of fun, at least the lyrical side of it that is. Even if I don't win at least I'm happy with how it turned out.

Anyway...now I just need to start working on the counter rap to go against what White put up. I've got some ideas, but it's late for me so I'll probably get some sleep first.

Oh and Sandy, the PG rating was for the word asses since I figured that wasn't quite in the E rating. ;)

[COLOR=goldenrod][QUOTE=Anomaly]Attn: Rach.
You're awesome.
That is all.[/QUOTE]So true! Hehe, you worried for nothing Rach, that was sweet! I especially like how you made sure to nail each member of the opposing team through out the rap. And the implication that they need luck to win was too funny. :catgirl:

I can't wait to see what you do for the counter rap to White's entry. ^_~[/COLOR]

Excellent work Rachmaninoff. ;) It's nice and consistent. You really covered the challenge well by not only implying that they needed luck to win but by giving attention to each team member through out the song as well as consistent chorus verses. Using the chorus to reinforce the fact that Sunflowers were better than Aces.

Also the intro verse and the closing one was nicely done as well. And I loved the line where you sneaked in the bit about how we clobbered them as Mercenaries with the old team color. Especially since even though I love the new Gold and Sunflower name. I kind of miss our dark Mercenary red since we did so much under that name. :catgirl:

I also like how you had just a bit of slang in there but not too much, keeping it from been too steeped in the gangster feel. Just enough to make it rap, but not too much. All in all...great job! I too look forward to the next rap song to counter White's.

[COLOR=goldenrod]Oh my! TeeHee! That was great! :catgirl: I didn't expect you to essentially diss each and every one of them as well as implying they couldn't win unless they were lucky. And here I was feeling bad for you Rach since White picked on you in his. You meanie! LOL!

I kid. ^_~ You did a fantastic job. I love it! And like my mom I loved the reference to our past as the Mercenaries. That was by far my favorite part! :catgirl: Since it implied that regardless of our name, our team unity and spirit is the same. [/COLOR]

Just a heads up everyone. I am alive, just getting over feeling burned out and brain dead from last week. I swear! Even though the performances were fun, it really stressed me out. lol Still I got a good grade and I've had enough time to pretty much sleep a day or two so I'm back in action again and working on my counter rap.

So I definitely have not given up or anything like that. :catgirl: Also, I swear, it seems like lately everyone's having a birthday, first Sandy, then Darren and now Aaryanna, which is today by the way so I'll end this post with some spam.

[CENTER][SIZE=15][COLOR=pink][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]Happy Birthday![/FONT][/B] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Hopefully Aaryanna, you'll get what ever you wish for today. ;) Have fun!