OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Aces

Sandy

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1]Well, now both of our second versions are complete, could we make the final decision so avatars can be made?

Looking forward to posting this up so we don't look like we're being slow and indecisive~[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]We are being no such thing, we are being meticulous in our decision. Not to mention it only seems like we're slower relatively, seeing as how The Sunflowers did everything quick and without much deliberation. It has not even been a week since the challenge was posted.

With the final versions of the banners done I have to say I'm leaning more toward Zeke's now. The color scheme for the most part still fits better and i like the type of style with the cards a little better too. If anyone is opposed, say so. If not, i'll go ahead and post our entry up when the final preparations are completed. [/font]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]What else is new? *sarcastic bitching*

Anyway, I really think we should hurry up and pick one before Sandy loses his mind and starts bitching at us soon. :P

It doesn't really matter to me, but we should really hurry. I'll just say here that my vote goes to Jamie's version because it's damn good and really shows out the red.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=BKstyles][font=tahoma]We are being no such thing, we are being meticulous in our decision. Not to mention it only seems like we're slower relatively, seeing as how The Sunflowers did everything quick and without much deliberation. It has not even been a week since the challenge was posted.
[/font][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Sorry for coming off as whiny, guess I was just getting a little twitchy and impatient. I know you're only about what's best for the team, Matt. :(

*holds out wrist for slapping*[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]

Also: Jamie? Could you be a dear and also make us avatars? Perhaps with our names or screen names on them? [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Consider it done! *salutes*

PMs with personal avatars within shall be sent A.S.A.P.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Jamie's new banner is now my favorite. See what little cosmetic changes can do to sway my opinion? It's fascinating, really.

Let's just get this stuff finalized and move on.

-Shy[/size]

[FONT=Tahoma]First of all, nobody is getting slapped...you masochists you . I understand where everyone is coming from so no worries, and in no way shape or form do I think you were being whiney, Jaime ;). But it's easy to judge our own progress relative to another team's when there's is up already. During the first "Teaming Up" challenge, it took Team Argo 5 days after the LOL's and Titan's posts to put their flag and info up, we will not take that long ;P.

Anyways, I'll have our entry up soon. I'm also very happy that everyone has been very active thus far, whether it's voicing their concerns or giving suggestions. So thanks all for that.

Oh, and on a side note: [spoiler]Beth, we assure you no information concerning the theme "Sunflowers" would influence our own >.>. lol

All in good fun, you know we love you :) [/spoiler][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Ezekiel][SIZE=1]...oh dear. KW, I'm so sorry, I accidentally clicked Edit on your Reply rather than Reply with Quote.

I suck. I'm so sorry. :( I tried to fix it but I can't.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]
Ahahahaha, it's totally alright, Jamie. Really now, you sound a little bit like me when I feel totally stupid, and no one should act like that.

Really, it's okay because I heart you. Now if it was Stephen... lol jk @ White. XD

Btw, these avatars are really, really lovely. Wonderful, fantasmic job, dear.

As for the banner, would you all mind if I used my version? If you do, I don't mind, but I just worked really hard on it and don't want it to go to waste, so yeah.

w00t.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Yeah baby! Nice way to start this next part of the game off. Well done all round, everyone!

Now for these lists. I'd rather not speculate as to what we'll have to be doing, but the Sunflowers might have an idea from what I've seen whilst ninja-ing in their thread.

PM/AIM discussion tomorrow?[/SIZE]

[FONT=Tahoma]Congratulations to us, great work everybody! Indeed a very good way to start things off. I also have a feeling about what Sandy has in mind, but it's impossible to determine the exact details.

Something like the deliberation of how these match ups should be made is in fact best done in active discussion, I know Tiana and Jaime have MSN and AIM, i know White has AIM, I do not know about Shy. The time differences and free time for certain members may be too much to get around though. We don't want to take too long with this process since it isn't the actual challenge just yet, but at the same time a lot of things need to be considered.

I'll send out a PM a little later with my thoughts on the format and the main idea of how we should probably make these decisions based on.

Again, great job Aces![/FONT]

[size=1]I won't be able to sign onto AIM until tomorrow probably, but...

My AIM name is LOSTHISKEYSMAN, and I'm usually on from about 11 in the morning to about 3 or 4 PST. My screen name is private, though, so I'll have to add Matt and Tiana to my friends list (Zeke and White should already be there.) Hopefully we can get the list finalized and sent out to Sandy soon; I'm very eager to start the next challenge.

I would like to add that I'm going to be out of town from Wednesday up until Friday and, ironically, I'll be going in Las Vegas. I have no doubt that the next round of challenges will be taking place during this time, so if our 'one-on-one' challenges are supposed to be taking place in an assigned order I'd prefer that my name be towards the bottom of the list.

-Shy[/size]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]I'm back! And I'm so happy we won! :)

You guys did so great while I was away and.. well.. *tear* [i]I'm just so proud of you all![/i] But seriously, good job. As far as MSN and AIM goes my MSN is [email][email protected][/email] and my AIM is SupaLrb. I'll try to get on a lot.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Sweetness, we won! Yay! I'm so proud of us all! :D

Anyway, as for my screen name's, Matt, Jamie and Stephen should know them, but in case all of you don't...

MSN: [email][email protected][/email] (oh my, what a unique name!)

AIM: [email][email protected][/email]

Also, MySpaces work qyite well actually so...

myspace.com/Ti_Tonka.

Yeah.

Again, great job, Aces! :DD[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]I don't have any objections to the match ups. I was hoping to talk to someone about them on AIM, but I don't think I've seen any of you guys online... hm.

But yes, the match ups seem fine. Hopefully we chose the right pairings for whatever the next competition will be.

-Shy[/size]

[quote name='Shy][size=1']I don't have any objections to the match ups. I was hoping to talk to someone about them on AIM, but I don't think I've seen any of you guys online... hm.[/size][/quote]

[COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Eh heh, sorry about that, Shy... I totally forgot to add you to my Buddy Lists, heh.

*gets slapped*

Anyway, Matt... you're up for the first challenge, huh? And writing a haiku to describe the OB Survivor, no less. Though it seems pretty simple (a rythmic pattern and short format), to describe this competition in only a few words and so short....

Now that's a real challenge. Good job, Sandy. Finally. ;P

Well, good luck to you, Matt. I can't wait to see what you've come up with and know it'll be winning quality, whether we win or lose. At this point, it's all about the strategy and the team.

I still can't believe my challenge is up next, I'm so worried about what it's going to be. @.@

Hope I'll do a good job.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Keyblade Wielder][COLOR=Red][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]
Now that's a real challenge. Good job, Sandy. Finally. ;P[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I don't know how to take that... But since BKstyles has already faced an imaginary instant eviction, it's not looking good for this team. *adds Tiana to his black list*

Honestly, I thought you'd like to be on the [I]good[/I] side of the judge. ;P

[quote name='Sandy]Honestly, I thought you'd like to be on the [I]good[/I'] side of the judge. ;P[/quote]
[COLOR=Red]
[SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Psht, are you kidding? This makes the game [I]more exciting[/I]. >D

Lol, I'm just kidding, Sandy. You make up awesome challenges and they're all fun and very well thought out. It was a compliment, as Stephen said, but in my own warped humor, lol.

Anyway, I'll try to be on more today, but my Prom [I]is[/I] tomorrow and I have to get my dress fitted today, practice on my hair and whatnot.

So, if I don't come back today and tomorrow (which I think I won't), good luck to you guys and I'll be back on Sunday.

Rooting for you while I'm dancing. <3[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DimGray][FONT=Tahoma]So it looks like instead of KW and Anomaly going next it'll be Shy and Aaryanna_Mom. Which is fine with me.

I just wish BK [strike]and SunfallE[/strike] would hurry up. >_>"[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]Well, as uneventful as the challenge was and my haiku ineptitude in comparison to a myriad of other forms of writing i prefer, glad I was able to put up the much needed lead off point for us. :p

Two more victories guys, that's all we need. But I say what the hell and go for the whole thing :). That is if Sandy doesn't stop the challenge if we win the next two challenges straight. In any case, it's your show now Shy. I have all the confidence in the world in you for this challenge, not worried a bit. So take us home another victory.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Yay, Matt~ You rock hard, my captain.

Is it silly that the thing I'm most looking forward to for my Duel is seeing what title Sandy gives me? I mean, they've all been pretty damn awesome so far.

And Shy, you go get 'em. I'm a little terrified that that's the sort of challenge Sandy has in mind, because I'm flailing around now trying to think of things [I]you[/I] could possibly come up with.

You have great experience, though, especially with being Event Master, so I'm sure you'll win this.[/SIZE]