OtakuBoards

OtakuBoards Survivor 4: The Aces

Sandy

[SIZE="1"]So, I'm not sure if the new challange will be posted tomorrow or on Sunday, so I'm letting you all know I'll be away Friday and most of Saturday, as I'm staying over at a friends then going to Birmingham NEC for a sci-fi convention! Woo!

So, if our challenge involves speed, or something, I'm really sorry you won't have me tomorrow. I just can't possibly get online as she doesn't have the internet.

If it's posted on Sunday...well, then I'll be fine.

GO GO GODZILLA ACES.[/SIZE]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]If this thing was actually going down, don't you think I would've closed the team threads as well? And given some sort of reason for doing it? And maybe, like, actually sounded at all serious in my post? Think of the circumstances before you jump to conclusions, people; it's obviously a joke.

Sandy, feel free to delete this along with re-opening the thread.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]If this thing was actually going down, don't you think I would've closed the team threads as well? And given some sort of reason for doing it? And maybe, like, actually sounded at all serious in my post? Think of the circumstances before you jump to conclusions, people; it's obviously a joke.

Sandy, feel free to delete this along with re-opening the thread.[/color][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Not for nothing but perhaps you should go back and read when i indicated that it was probably a joke. Don't call my judgement into question here if you can't read. You had your fun, alright it's done. If for some reason your offended by this, then oh well. Think of the circumstances, obviously a reaction to a stupid joke shouldn't be taken seriously either. :)[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles'][font=tahoma]Not for nothing but perhaps you should go back and read when i indicated that it was probably a joke. Don't call my judgement into question here if you can't read. You had your fun, alright it's done. If for some reason your offended by this, then oh well. Think of the circumstances, obviously a reaction to a stupid joke shouldn't be taken seriously either. :)[/font][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Actually I don't think Desbreko was talking to you, BK. I'm pretty sure he was talking to KW. So don't tell Desbreko he can't read if you can't either.

KW, you disapoint me. I don't think reacting by calling Desbreko stupid or Charles' RP "lame stupid-***" is the right course of action at all. People have been banned for less than that.

I'm losing hope in The Aces suddenly.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]

I'm losing hope in The Aces suddenly.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]So lemme get this straight, you quoted my whole post...but ignored the part where I said the reaction wasn't meant to be taken seriously? *sigh*

I'm losing hope in most of OB suddenly.[/FONT]

[quote name='BKstyles'][FONT="Tahoma"]So lemme get this straight, you quoted my whole post...but ignored the part where I said the reaction wasn't meant to be taken seriously? *sigh* [/FONT][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I was under the impression that you're talking about your initial reaction (the one you thought Desbreko responded too).[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='White'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I was under the impression that you're talking about your initial reaction (the one you thought Desbreko responded too).[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]Look, it's over with. We're a winning team so let's try to get along a little bit longer. The reality of it is this: I don't have anything against anybody right now, despite having my personal feelings about what kind of taste the joke was in. No need for any more conflict to be stirred up to add on to what's already floating around the boards.

[center]* * * * *[/center]

Alright team, the new challenge is up. First thing is first, if anybody is unclear on what Sandy means by clichés or anything else, feel free to ask in the main thread. Everyone must be clear on every detail of what this challenge entails. We control when the challenge starts, so we can wait till we are good and ready, so get those questions out of the way.

Second, it seems someone must sit out. If anybody feels they would be better off staying out of this one, say so. If not, then we'll have to find a method to decide who sits out.
[/font]

[quote name='Sandy'][color=Red]White
16 years old male from Canada
Strengths: Videogames/Computers, Social Interaction
[B]Weaknesses:[/B] [B]Anime/Manga[/B], [B]Creative Writing[/B][/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]*nods and walks away*[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I'm guessing White wants to sit this one out? Lol.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind being in this Challenge; it sounds like a lot of fun. I don't really care who goes first, but I really don't want to start. I'm more of a follower than a leader when it comes to RPs, really.

So, whatever you decide I'll go with, Matt. But I think that you should start the first post, really.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]I have no problem posting in the challenge, although I really don't want to go first.

However, the members who post first will have the first opportunity to use up all of the good cliches. We definitely need to work together on this first post. I vote we come up with a list of cliches via PM/IM and have our original poster work off of that. Unless I misread the rules, there's nothing saying that these individual posts can't be a collaboration.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"][FONT="Tahoma"]I agree with you, Shy. How about we all have an IM/PM session today? Unless everyone's busy; I know Jamie'll be gone until Sunday, so we'll have to do something so that she at least understands what's going on.[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"]The PM/IM session sounds great if Sandy doesn't mind. He was adamant about ensuring that we don't list things in the thread, but that might have been more for the purpose of keeping them away from the other team. Either way, I have a lot of faith in everyone that will participate in this challenge, I know Zeke will probably be more than happy to when she comes back and sees this ;P.

Also, I don't mind at all being the first to post. I was actually kind of hoping you guys would be cool with that anyway, heh. the 500 word limit might be a bit annoying, but I'm pretty sure I can work with it no problem.

That being said, i'm assuming everyone is on the same level here in terms of what the entire challenge entails since no questions have popped up in the main thread. By all means if you do still, ask away.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"]Some of us have been a bit unnecessarily snippy, haven't we?

Apart from the recent silliness, which I'm glad I wasn't here for, I'm very pleased with this new challenge. The only thing we have to worry about is Mary Sueing up our characters, and we're good to go.

I don't mind what place I go in after The Captain, and I'm now online every night in the evening. If you want me on AIM just send me a PM and I'll hop on.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Ezekiel'][SIZE="1"]Apart from the recent silliness, which I'm glad I wasn't here for, I'm very pleased with this new challenge.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]
I'm glad you weren't either. Heck, I wish I wasn't there for it, soap operas aren't really my thing... especially overrun ones.

Anyway, I agree with Jamie, I don't care what place I end up with, just as long as nobody steals all the good anime cliches. :P Aswell, if you want to talk to me, just PM me or talk to me on AIM/MSN is you want.

I have practically everyone here on my list, well... except you, Jamie, dear. =O
[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Tahoma"]Posted. You have no idea how restricting 500 words really is >.>. I spent more time editing this thing then writing up the first product. Well, it looks pretty good to me. Hopefully a good start according to Sandy's eyes.

It's the Sunflower's move. Now, who wants to go next?[/FONT]

[QUOTE]How foolish of me! Rei thought to herself, If I were ever to reveal this to
anyone, especially my estranged father who runs the government?s dangerous
Anti-Magic Brigade, Japan would be doomed! If only Sasuka loved me, too![/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]Ahaha, that was brilliant, Shy. Seriously, good work. You too, BK. I have a really good feeling about this challenge! Keep up the great posts guys. :)[/COLOR][/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]Alright, got it. Right after the Sunflowers post, I'll start writing mine.

Sorry I haven't been around here for awhile... I've been looking up Colleges in Hawaii and sending in applications for them.

Ready and waiting to post whenever, though. Great job so far guys. :3[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]As beneficial the decision is toward us, i'm actually quite surprised as how many cliches Sandy missed on both of our sides. I know he missed a few on mine personally, and some noticeable ones from other's posts...but in any case it looks like the biggest factors came down to the DQs on each side.

Good work team, looks like we had the advantage in amount of cliches the whole way through even including Zeke's DQ. We need to keep focused though and not ease up because we're far ahead. [/FONT]

[size=1]I would complain about Sandy missing so many cliches from my post, but we won so I don't really care. After this round of voting The Sunflowers will be looking for blood. We need to be prepared for the worst.

Great work everyone.

-Shy[/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]I agree with both of you, as how Sandy missed some in mine as well. But we can't necessarily blame him for that because there was some I didn't get in posts such as Shy's and BK's.

But we won, so it's all good. Instead of water, The Sunflowers will be looking for blood as you said, Shy.

Congrats to us, though! It was really fun remembering all those cliches and typing them out. :3[/COLOR][/SIZE]