OtakuBoards

Zoids: Fight for Earth

Akieen Cloud

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair stepped off of the ship and streched, the cargo hold opened and she walked to the back smileing as the crew men were taking the straps off of all the zoids, as Dash was realesed she jogged past a young man standing next to what looked like a flyer and a land type. Spareing a glance back she shrugged and jogged up to the crew.
"Where do they go from here?"
"There is a dome where your supposed to take them about a mile from the base, they stay there while the piolits stay in the quarters that have been built there."
"You mean, men and women?"
"Yes, your rooms have already been selected, you've been paired with the partner that best suits you."
She frowned and huffed slightly, this was not what she planed, she just hoped that she was paired with a girl and not a guy.
"You wouldn't happen to know who we're paired with?"
"I heard the cheif saying that the Saix and the Gungyarados piolits were working together on tactics and that they were the captins."
She blinked and looked over at the young man leaning on the Gungyarados, he waved and she turned back to the crew member.
"Thank you for ruining my day..."
She climbed into the cockpit of Dash and took hold of the controls and typed in the coordanites for the dome and took a deep breath, pressing the button Dash's booster pack began to heat up and in a matter of moments she was leaveing the others in a trail of dirt as her and Dash headed for the dome and the next step in this battle.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*Okay here we go, have your character pick up their zoids, for half if not all of you just walk out with them lol, and get the info for the dome and head that way, I've already put you in pairs, Sazabi, your with me, Ushima you and Ozy are together, Tempest your with Starwind and silent sword you'll be with my other character, she'll be coming in later to make things even out if no one else signs up. Well there ya go, have at it.*[/COLOR][/FONT]

Alex stood by the way side while the crewmen took the restraints off of Sly. As soon as they were off, Sly proceeded to stretch and shack himself off a bit. Alex simply looked up to him [B]"Enjoying your freedom? Give me a minute to find out where it is were suppose to be going. You stay here til then."[/B]

Alex approached a few of the crewmen who had just released Sly [B]"You guys wouldn't happen to know what we do from here, would you?"[/B]

One of them, an older man with graying hair and a goatee of similar color, turned to him [B]"From what I've been told, your suppose to take your zoids to some dome out on the surface. It's about a mile from here so it shouldn't take long to get there. From there you'll be paired off with another pilot and sent to your rooms."[/B]

Alex nodded to the old man then turned and looked to the other pilots who were still about the hangar. All he could think about was who he was about to get pinned with. He looked back to the old man [B]"You wouldn't happen to know who my partnet is, would you."[/B]

The old shook his head [B]"Sorry, I just work in the hangar. Ask someone else."[/B]

With that the old man left and continued about releasing the other zoids. Alex didn't care to share space with someone else, but it was part of the deal. He'd just have to bare with it. Alex then walked back over to Sly and waved him to lower his head. Alex took his place in the pilots seat and started to move him out of the hangar. He layed his right hand on the dashboard [B]"What do you say to quick little run around on this rock?"[/B]

Sly made a low rumble. Alex smiled [B]"I knew you'd like that idea. Let's roll out."[/B]

And with that said He and sly quickly took off out into the dark night of space. Alex was wired. He knew this was gonna be a hell of thing.

Kaien Gilford stepped out into the sunshine on the planet of Mars, and breathed deeply. He smiled; the air was MUCH better than that recycled crap on the space shuttle. He looked around, taking in everything before he went to get his zoid, Sharupu. The terrain was open; green, artificial grass covered most of the ground, and their were rolling hills in the distance. Also he noted, the only building in sight was a dome, and that lay BEYOND those hills. He quickly turned around; he was already eager to fight.

He went back to the hangar, and found the workers moving the zoids into the sunshine. They seemed to like it better here too; some were rolling around in the grass, while others ran around, chasing each other (this made the ground shake a bit). He walked over to his zoid, which was standing off to the side, staring at the others. Climbing up the leg, he made his way into the cockpit. He ran his hands over the controls affectionately. They had been through so much together, him and Sharupu. Which was true; he had recieved Sharupu when he was 18, and he was STILL using him. He couldn't help it; he had grown fond of the dino-zoid.

When he had first started zoids battles, he was only 12. He was good with the faster zoids, which meant he could evade attacks better. The zoid he used then was a command wolf; good for any begginer. He utilized it's speed, and took many rookie titles and prizes with it.

He moved on to a bear zoid, but it wasn't for him. He kept it for three years, at which point he won a tournament. The grand prize was a Gariuki, and since then, he'd used it, and he wouldn't trade his partner for the world. He had developed a bond with the tyranosaur model zoid, that he just didn't have with the others. Maybe it was because it was so much like himself? But it didn't matter; he had come here to win, again. It was something they were good at.

Kaien looked up from his thoughts. "Wow, we better get going," he said, looking around to the hangar, where the zoids and their pilots were leaving. "I don't wanna get left behind!" With that, he took off, pushing Sharupu to almost max speed.

By the time they arrived, everyone was getting there. He had to fight his way into the 'hotel' office to find out where his room was. The receptionist told him that he'd be rooming with someone, who hadn't shown up yet. "Aww great," he had said, annoyed. He didn't need anyone to crowd in on HIS room. The receptionist also told him, to his surprise, that whoever it was would be his partner, in the battles to come. All he could think when he left the office, was, "He better be a good pilot."

Finding his room amongst the chaos, he shut and locked the door behind him. He dropped his stuff off on a bed (there were two), and layed down on it. He rolled around, and hoped that Sharupu would be alright. He had left him with the handlers outside of the zoid garage. He had been excited, and Kaien had had to calm him down. He laughed at the thought of his zoid tearing up the place. Kaien then closed his eyes, and took a quick nap. Today was proving exhausting!

[color=darkred][size=2][font=book antiqua]OOC: Great fun stuff Knuckles' girl lol

IC:
Vincent laughed at the remark the girl said about being paried with him then stopped. [b]"Wait what did you say?"[/b] The mechanice walked over to him. [b]"You and her are paired together."[/b] Vincent looked back at the girl who gave him a scowl. [b]"Fun stuff"[/b] the girl walked past him to her Saix. [b]'Your going to enjoy rooming with me."[/b]

Vincent shook his head as he climbed into Nemisis. [b]"I'm dead"[/b] Nemisis gave a small growl. [b]"Hey there big boy it aint funny."[/b] He lfited off and hovered over to the dome and put Nemisis in its proper spot. [b]"If you blow anything up you wont fight remember that"[/b] He went to his room and picked the right side of the room and began setting hsi stuff up into the closet and shelf he had as the girl walked in. She immediatly went to her side and did the same. A few hours of silence passed between them as they finsihed and sat at the table in their little living room area. Vincent stood up and walked over to the fridge and pulled out two beers and set one in front of her. [b]"Name's Vincent i didn't know if you drank or not but here's one if you do"[/b][/font][/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]The musty air that had filled the hanger was now replaced with the fresh, crisp open air of the planet. One thing Marri loved about traveling was that no matter were you went the air was always different, but the sky and stars always remained the same. She embraced change, and smiled brightly as Faron exiteed the holder, streching his massive wings. His horn glimmered in the sun, it was funny something so beautiful that was his most deadly weapon.

A quizzical look fell on Marri's face as she made the realization that she had no idea what was next. A man in a uniform came towards her smilng as he looked her up and down. She smiled at him, but felt sick on the inside. Faron seemed to sense this, but he always seemed to know what was going inside her head, and threw back his head. Marri touched the dark blue metal of his leg, sending him comferting thoughts.

"You look lost, little lady, can I help you?" He voice was smooth, a bit to smooth for her liking but she grateful for the chance to get to some information.

"Actually, yes. I was wondering if you knew we're we I'm supposed to go?" Marri spoke in her sweetest voice, her blue eyes shimmering.

"Well, I'd like it if you could stay around here a bit, but all incoming piliots are to report to the living quarters just east of here, about a mile away." He gave her a toothy grin.

Faron knelt down, so that Marri could get into the cockpit of her beloved Faron. She gave that officer a wink, "Thanks!"
She smiled as the cover shut over her head, and she sat in the darkness of the cockpit. Her power-grid woke up and inluminated the one person seater. Hitting a button, the dome that protected her became transparent and she smiled at the hight she was at.

"What do you want to do Faron? Fly or run, it makes no difference to me."

His answer was provided by the beat of his large crimson wings, that with the help of the boosters lifted them off the ground and, headed towards the dome, only traveling at Mach 1, only a third of his actual speed. Even though he flying at such a speed, he reached the dome in no time. Taking his place, near the other zoids, that had already arived, his cockpit popped open and Marri climbed out.

She flipped her blonde hair back and slid down Faron's wing to the ground, she patted him a temporary farewell and headed inside. A few pilots had already arrived but, not many at this time. As she walked by the rooms, she saw the men and women were sharing rooms and slight look of shock grew on her face, but she quickly recovered. She didn't have anything to hide. Shaking her head, she reached her room and saw that she was the first to arrive.

Setting her luggage down next to a bed, with a wide window, she laid down on the bed, looking outside. After a few minutes, she stood and opened her suitcase, setting it onto of her bed, and opened a few drawers and put some of her clothes inside. At the bottom of her case, was her lingere and opening the top drawer, she started placing her intimates inside.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze watched as his sister left the ship and headed for the dome. [B]"Always in a hurry."[/B] He went outside to find Endaro. He stopped to look around the green feild. There were lots of zoids here. Some unique and some strange. A Wyvern type zoid flew over his head. Unknowing to Haze, Endaro snuck up on him. He lowered his head and delivered a powerful roar. Haze fell over, scared half to death. He quickly got to his feet, people staring at him, he didn't like that. [B]"Why do you always do that?"[/B] He asked this knowing the zoid couldn't respond.

Endaro lowered his head and Haze climbed in the cockpit. He inputed the access code and the zoid's systems started up. [B]"Better run a diagnostic screening."[/B] He pushed a few buttons on the dash and the computer went through all of Endaro's operating systems, weapons and equipment. [B]"Alright, lets do this. We'll go full speed, just for fun."[/B] Endaro reigned before running off. Haze noticed a horse type zoid lift off the ground. [B]"Well thats different."[/B] Haze activated Endaro's booster and pulled infront of the ariborn zoid. It didn't last much longer as the zoid above now reached full speed.

Haze arrived at the dome and was told to leave Endaro with the handlers. He exited the zoid and stared at it, light gleaming off its blades. Haze entered te building to receive his room assignment. [B]"What? I'm bunking with a women?"[/B] Haze didn't like the idea of sharing his living space with a women, especially if she's older. Once he learned that she was to be his battle partner, he decided to change his attitude. [B]"Alright, if I have to. But I still dont like it."[/B] He grabed his bag and headed for his rooom. Once inside he took the bed on the right. He unpacked and fell on the bed. [B]"I dont care who my roommate is right now. I need some sleep."[/B] Haze drifted off into a dream about the combat that was to follow.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair looked up at him and sighed.
"Clair, nice to meet you."
She took the beer and popped it open downing half of if it one chug. He blinked as she set it down and looked up at him. An announcement came through the com for all the piolits to meet in the main room of the small base and she stood up walking out leaveing the door open for him. As everyone gathered into the main room a captian stood at the front.
"We are glad that you all were able to make it here to the aid of the Earth alliance. I am here to inform you that there in the Dome where your Zoids are staying is a large area that is their's alone and only you and the mechaincs are allowed in. The people you have been paried with are the people that we expect that you would get along the best with. Now as for your living conditions, you will have a room inspection every Tuseday. You will be living in the house across the Dome, there."
He pointed to the three story house to the left and all of them let their eyes wonder over it, it had a pool in the back and a backetball quart on the left, tennis and volley ball in the front and on the right side they saw a large area that was closed off like a over sized warehouse, this was obviouosly where the zoids were to stay and everyone nodded and looked back at him.
"We will have a meeting on your training at 1600 this afternoon."
Agian everyone nodded and headed to get their things and head to the house across the road from the military hotel.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*Everyone is still with their partners, head to the house and post abouot meeting everyone and setting your zoid loose in their habitat.*[/COLOR][/FONT]

Kaien lay dreaming; his unconcious mind wandering through his past. When all of a sudden, a loud noise over the intercom made him jerk awake. He sat upright on the bed, and looked around, as an announcement over the speakers told all of the pilots to meet in the main lobby of the military hotel. He grumbled, and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He hadn't slept very well, and (judging by what time it was), not very long either. Swinging his feet, he gathered up his gear, and headed outside.

On his way out, he stopped by a mirror in the room. He looked himself over, and finally decided that there was nothing he could do about his appearance until he took a shower. He left the room, locking the door, and made his way to the assembly. On the way there, he put on his head-phones, and some scream-o music to drown out his worries. Inside the room, EVERYONE was there. All the hotel staff, along with the military force, were in the front of the room; while the pilots stood in the center.

Kaien was a little late, (he had gotten lost), so he stood off to the side. He noticed that most of the pilots were grouped in pairs, and he again wondered who his 'partner' would be. The man at the front, (looking all important) was saying something, but Kaien couldn't hear him. It might have been the fact that he had his ear-phones on, and the music was blaring, but he didn't realize it until too late. He hurriedly took them off, only to catch the last of what he was saying. "We will have a meeting on your training at 1600 this afternoon." After this, everyone started to leave.

Kaien thought to himself, "Great! Now I've missed instructions! Somebody here had to have paid attention, I'll just ask them." He tried several kids around 18, but they just laughed at his story. He walked away, promising to pay them back later, with Sharupu. He finally found a girl, who looked like she knew what she was doing (the fact that she had blue hair was TOTALLY IRRELAVENT). She was followed by what Kaien guessed to be her partner, a guy that would look intimidating in a dark alley. By the time he reached her, they were half-way across the street. He stopped her, seeing that she aimed towards the zoids pen. The man turned and looked at him, saying, "What do YOU want?"

Sheepishly, Kaien said, "I just need instructions, I sortof missed the first part of the speech." He scratched the back of his head, (he did this when he was nervous). She smiled, and laughed, "Aww... you poor thing." She thought a moment, and said, "Well, first you have to get your zoid, which is where I'm headed. Then, you let it loose in the special habitat arranged for them. (At this point, Kaien had the feeling she LIKED being in control.) After that, just head over to the gi-normus house across the street, and get a room!" She smiled, and they both began to walk off.

Kaien yelled after her, "Thanks!" She turned back and waved, and walked away. He smiled, and hoped there were more girls like HER at this place. He started off, going to get his zoid, and after that, he would go take a nice, looong shower. He smiled at the thought of it.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze woke to the sound of someone speaking on the inter-com. [B]"All pilots report to the Main Lobby."[/B] He slowly rolled off the bed landing on the floor. He quickly got up, the impact completely waking him. He looked around, his partner still didn't seem to show up. He walked over to the refrigerator and grabed a bottle of soda before grabbing his jacket and walking down the hall. He saw his sister and what appears to be her partner. He was a big guy. Abviously not one to piss off.

[B]"We will have a meeting on your training at 1600 this afternoon."[/B] [B]"Finally! Now that it's over I should go check on Endaro. But first."[/B] Haze walked back to his room and packed his stuff, his clothes, and his other essentials. He exited the lobby and headed for the hanger. He could have went on the transport, but it would have taken an hour to arrive. So he decided to walk to the back of the dome where the zoids were held. [B]"It's quite peaceful here. Endaro would love fighting here."[/B] He entered the hanger and looked around. In the back against the wall was Endaro, next to him a Geno Breaker. He took a quick look around once again and noticed all the zoids were in pairs. [B]"That must be my partner's zoid. This just got a little more interesting."[/B]

He walked down, between the two rows of zoids. A lightning saix seemed to notice him and followed him with its eyes as Haze walked by. Endaro's eyes shown as what little light shined on him in the back of the hanger. Endaro lowered his head and Haze climbed in. He put his bag behind the chair. He inputed the code and the lights in the cockpit turned on. [I]System activated[/I], the computers main screen blinked and the outside cameras relayed an image of the outside to the screen.[B] "Outside is wonderful. What a great place to beat our opponents, dont you think?"[/B] Endaro lifted his head back and roared as loudly as he could. It echoed throughout the hanger and was heard by the approaching transport carrying the pilots.[/COLOR]

Alex had finally returned from his romp around the planet with Sly and started to move his luggage to his room. It was strange how a long day of nothing but traveling can really wipe you out. He figured he'd go in and have a quick nap before some other stupid thing came up. This whole event was kinda starting to turn into a bother. He noticed by the other rooms that the pairing was largely mixed. Were they doing this on purpose? How unorthodox of them.

When he finally arrived at his room he opend the door to see a young blonde woman packing her things away into a dresser that had been provided. She quickly looked up to Alex as he came through the door. She seemed a bit embarassed by something. She must have been putting something kinda personal away. Alex got a long smile across his face. The girl looked less then amused [B]"What's so funny?"[/B]

Alex kinda felt like teaing her a bit, but decided it better not to harass his new roomate just yet. If this was gonna take awhile he didn't need to be sleeping next to an enemy. Without saying anything, and still grinning all the way, he made his way to the open bed and started unpacking his own things. Unlike her, he had no problems just flaunting out his underwear and casually put it away.

It was somewhere around the time he finished that they first recieved the call to move down to the main lobby. Aparently there was some kind of meeting going on. He had barely shared words with his new roomate so he decided now would be as good a time as any [B]"Alright, let's get go there, uh...."[/B]

She looked up to him, still less then amused [B]"It's Marri. And your name, please"[/B]

Alex smiled again. There was something about her demeanor that he found very amusing[B] "They call me Alex."[/B]

With that said, she walked right past him and made her way down to the main lobby. Alex following like a lost puppy. When they finally reached the lobby there was already a small group assembled. After a short time, the old man incharge went over a few details that Alex had little interest in and ingnored much of. Then finally he gave the finally word and let them be on there way. There was suppose to be some kind of training thing going on at 1600, when ever that is. Alex was holding out hope that Marri at least had an idea.

Each pilot left in a pair, assumably there partner and roomate. As such Alex and Marri made there way off together, though once again, few words were shared between the two. Something about her jus brought out the little devil in him, as he began to give his devilish smirk again. This seemed as though it was begining to irritate her.

They made there way back out to there zoids and started moving them to the habitat that had been provided for them. Sly was more then just a little eager to get out again. This was probably the most sitting around Sly had ever done. Sly wasn't enjoying it much either. He saw Marri climb into the cockpit of a rather intimidatingly large Orudios. It was quite a sight to behold. Alex spoke out to her over the intercom, as Sly simply stared on [B]"He's big fella there, isnt' he."[/B]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze remained in his cockpit as he watched the pilots climb in their zoids. He saw the horse zoid from before. He grinned as Haze looked over its visible armaments. [B]"Thats one might be tough. Well, better not sit here and wait, we're off Endaro."[/B] Haze punched in a code on his zoid's dash and the restrients stopping Endaro from leaving snapped off. They crashed on the ground with a bang. The zoid shook its body, glad to be free of the extra weight.

Endaro slowly walked out of the hangers. Haze looked at the faces of the pilots he could see on the computer screen. Once outside Haze opened up on Endaro's speed. Going 250 MPH. Relativley slow for the Liger Type zoid. Endaro was capable of faster speed. Not as fast as his sister Clair's zoid, but Haze didn't prefer going that fast. Thats why he turned down the Lightning Saix when offered.

They appraoched the zoid habitat. They entered and stood in the stood taking in the scene. Endaro roared loudly as his eyes wandered around his new home. [B]"You like it already, dont you?"[/B] He growled in compliance. Haze exited Endaro, taking the start up key-card and his bag with him. He watched as Endaro tan off to enjoy himself. [B]"I've never seem a happier zoid."[/B] Haze started walking to the housing complex. Once there, he entered through the door and headed to his room. Once again there were two beds. Haze didn't bother complaining since he already did that. He fell on his bed and drifted off to finish his sleep.[/COLOR]

OOC Im gone for the weekend. Someone can post for me if they want. Just don't make him do anything stupid, thats my job. Leaving at back on sunday

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Alice Hoffman stalked down the hall, scowling. Her roommate was a boy ? young man, whatever ? she?d scratched Jabberwocky?s paint on a hanger door, and she hadn?t had her coffee. None of this was making her happy. At all.

Jabberwocky had seemed displeased as well ? she?d loaded him off at the Zoids habitat, where he?d made for the nearest corner, growling irritably. It?d all be better the next time she saw him, though. That?s just the way things were.

She set her luggage on the floor and started to shove the door open, wincing when she noticed her roommate was already there, sleeping. Her plans to slam the door disappeared as she tiptoed in, dragging her luggage. She sat down on the empty bed, looking around the room.
[B]
?Well.?[/B] She muttered to herself. [B]?This could get?strange.?[/B] [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Marri's big blue eyes followed her new roommate. She wasn't all that happy with sharing a room with a male, but she would get used to it. An annocement was made for all pilots to head to the main looby. Standing she hurried out along with her roomate, it was then that he had inquired about her name.

"Alright, let's get go there, uh...."

Marri glanced up at the man, still a tad uneasy, "It's Marri. And your name, please?"

She watched an impish grin grow on his face, he seemed almost amused by her. "They call me Alex."

Nodding rather quickly, she quickened her pace and smiled a bit to herself. Reaching the lobby, a few orders were issued, the most important being that there would be a training session at 1600. [I]1600, that's 4 o'clock, simple enough. [/I] Marri converted the bothersome miltary time to standard time as she headed towards the area where she had left Faron.

As she approched he became rather exicted and moved about like a young horse. Climbing into his all, familiar cockpit, she heard Alex speaking from his cockpit, "He's big fella there, isnt' he."

Marri looked down from Faron and smiled, giving Alex a playful smile, "Well I like them big."
She noticed that he was the owner of the Shadow Fox, she had seen on the hanger earlier and smiled a bit. Now fully inside the cockpit of Faron, she made the realization that she wouldn't have to worry to much about fighting on land, as the Shadow Fox was perfectly capable of handling ground battles. She could keep her focus on air strickes, and that her heart flutter.

It wasn't long before the Zoid habitat came into veiw, and Marri was giving Faron another farewell. Yet, instead of leaving right away, she decieded to wait a bit for Alex, and his zoid. If anything it would give her more time to spend with Faron.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair took a deep beath and pulled the lever back kicking on Dash's booster pack, the saix was gone in blur of red and black. She smiled and pulled the controls which ever way she wanted him to go and giggled happily as he obeyed her with the slightest touches. She did a few rounds around the base and then took off for the house leaving the others in the dust. As they came up to the house she slowed Dash down to a lesuerly walk and took him into the dome where he would be staying and saw a large pegesus zoid with it's piolit standing there. She went to unhook her harness and sighed, her harness was diffrent than most zoids' were. Unlike the stadard chst harness her's was connected to her outfit in a series of straps and buckles that melded with her clothes to give her a Tomb Raider look that she enjoyed very much. After fighting with the harness she opened the cockpt and hopped out as Dash lowered his head to the ground and ran inside to her and Vincent's room(he title sounded weird to her) and was in the middle of changing into her swim sit to do some laps before the meeting when the door opened and Vincent came in back first. Clair was so shocked he simply stood there, her bikini bottom on and her shirt to her bare chest. the head phones in his ears made it impossible to hear her startled gasp and he turned meeting her face to face.
Her face grew hot and she stood there looking for anyplace to hide, she hadn't expected him for another few minutes seeing as he left after she did and realized that she was pretty much stuck where she was, stareing at him as he stared back at her.
"Your early..."
He frowned and took the headphones out.
"Say what?"
"Your early I said, I didn't expect you to be here for another few minutes, you left after me."
"My zoid is no push over as far as speed goes."
"I never said that, I just thought-"
"That I'd be a few minutes behind you, I heard."
"Do you mind?"
"Not at all."
Her face redened and she picked up her top and headed for the bathroom in the hall.Grumbleing that whole way.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Alex was well in route to the zoid habitat. His partner, Marri, had gone far ahead of his by air. She knew she sould fly faster then he could run, and it seemed to him like she was just showing off that she could. But rather than irratated, he suddenly began to feel devilish again.

He decided to engage the stealth gear and went totally under. He was gonna get the jump on her. He may not have enough speed to catch her, but he could sneak up on her without detection. Even Sly started to snicker at the idea.

As he began to approach the habitat, sure enough, there she was, playing around with her zoid. This was almost too perfect. Not wanting to blow his chance, he slowed down to a stalking pace and krept carefully toward her. She was jumping between the land and sky. Suddenly, she stopped for a moment. This was his chance. Like a lion, he pounced out, dropping his optic camouflage. Her Orudios reared up, and he could hear her scream over the radio.

Alex took this chance to laugh hysterically. Again, even Sly howled at this. Marri however, was less then amused once again [B]"What the hell is your problem!"[/B]

Alex, still laughing [B]"Come on, it was funny."[/B]

Alex could still hear her grunting with irritation over the radio. This did subside slowly though. She finally spoke back up [B]"I'd never seen a Shadow Fox in action before. They really can go invisible."[/B]

Alex snickerd again, this time with a sense of pride [B]"Not only to the eyes, but it doesn't show up on radar or sonar either. My friend here is almost impossible to find. Unless Sly wants to be found of course."[/B]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Marri was still inside Faron, when he reared screaming old memories filled her mind. She remembered the first time she had seen the Orudios, as a young trainiee.

[I]The blonde was shaking with fear, this was the first time she had left the training base, and it would be for good. The base she was sent to was known for its aerial prodigies and always had their pick of the litter when it came to new pilots. Marri was selected simply because she was good at what she did, though grades never really showed character. They gave a window but, that window wasn't always clear.

As they reached the base a large dark blue zoid was running about, pilots chasing after it. Was this the way zoids really acted? She began to feel sick in her stomach as the officer next to her frowned out at the site.

"They still can't get that stupid zoid to behave? I swear this base is supposed to have a good reputation, but that Orudios is going to be the downfall of us."

Marri's eyes followed the raging zoid, an Orudios was what the capition had called it, it reminded her of a mustang. The wild, untamable horses that lived in the wild, long ago. As they pulled into the hanger, Marri didn't see the great Pegaus zoid again for another few months.

That few months had changed Marri, she wasn't the scared, shaking little girl that had arrived on the base a few months ago. She was piloting a command wolf, standard of most new pilots. It had basic controls, though as her commander had told her eailer that day she would soon be making the transaction into a flying zoid. They had a special one for her.

"I think you'll be happy with our recomindation. You've grown alot since you've come her Miss Ovan and I know you'l make us proud."

Marri smiled up at the commander, "Thank you Commander Wallace, just knowing that your proud of what I've done so far is enough to make me strive even harder to make you proud."

A slight, blush grew on the commander's face, "W-well I'm glad your so motivated. Ah, here we are, now be careful this zoid has a bit of a temper. No one's been able to pilot him before, but we think you just may be the person who can take the reigns."

The commander, punched in a code that lead to a special hanger. The door slide open and light flooded the room. Marri stepped forward only to fall back as the ground shook from a mighty zoid. She looked up and the fear that had abandonned her came rushing back. The horn of the Orudios glimmered in the bright light and she screamed as it reared again.[/I]

Marri shook her head, pulling her long blonde hair away from her face and let it fall, " I'd never seen a Shadow Fox in action before. They really can go invisible."

"Not only to the eyes, but it doesn't show up on radar or sonar either. My friend here is almost impossible to find. Unless Sly wants to be found of course." His voice held a arrogent tone, and Marri sighed. Would she really be stuck with this guy?

Releasing herself from the pilot's seat and climbing out of the cockpit, Marri slid down Faron's wing to the ground. Her deep blue eyes, stared up at the Shadow Fox.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze woke to something being draged across the floor. He grunted at the sudden noise but decided to let it slide. He should be getting up anyway. He rubbed his eyes and streched, his back cracking in the process. He looked across the room to see a woman sitting on the remaining bed. He stood up and started speaking. [B]"Hello. My name is Haze. Seeing as you are here, that means you must be my partner in the fight."[/B] Haze reached out his hand, as the woman smiled, stood up, and shook it. [B]"I'm Alice."[/B]

[B]"Well it's nice to meet you, and I will see you later. I should check on my zoid."[/B] Haze turned and headed out the door. He turned left down the hall and headed down the stairs from the second floor and entered the main lobby. He exited the front door and caught a group of mechanics heading to the habitat in a transport.

The transport stopped and let Haze get off before heading to where they need to go. [B]"Thank you."[/B] Haze says as the mechanic car drove off. He walked in and looked for Edaro. He stopped atleast fifteen feet away from a shadow fox and a Orudios. On his wrist was a watch with a special feature. He pressed a button and a signal went out. Endaro raised his head as he recived the signal. He stood and jumped out from behind the waterfall which was realativley close by Haze. Endaro appraoched Haze slowly and looked at the two zoids close by. [B]"Hey boy!"[/B] He growled as walked to Haze. [B]"Sorry about that. Heh."[/B][/COLOR]

This was yet another interesting turn for Alex. This only marked his second time seeing a Meugen Liger up close. And he seemed like he was a bit touchy. Sly knelt down and let Alex hop out of the cockpit. Marri and this new guy were already standing on the ground. Sly made a grunt and Alex looked up [B]"Uh, what is it?"[/B]

Another whine from Sly [B]"If you wanna go, go right ahead."[/B]

Yet another whine [B]"I'm not sure. Give me a second. Hey, when's 1600?"[/B]

Marri and the new guy seemed a bit confused [B]"It's 4 O'clock. You mean you didn't know that!?"[/B]

Alex Looked back to Sly, not responding to Marri in the least [B]"She says it's 4 O'clock."[/B]

And with on last nod, Sly turned and ran off into the enclosure. Marri spoke up again, sounding a bit irritated at him still [B]"Why did you come out here anyway?"[/B]

Alex turned to her [B]"What do you mean? I'm here for the same reason you are."[/B]

Marri now seemed even more irritated [B]"Do you even know what that is?"[/B]

Alex just kept right on smiling [B]"Something about the safety of mankind, right? Sorry, I have a pretty short attention span. That's all I really caught off of that old mans speach."[/B]

Marri gave a grunt, then a sigh [B]"Who was it who recruited you for this anyway?"[/B]

Alex looked up a bit with an expression of thought on his face [B]"Commander.... Something or other. I probably should have paid better attention to what he had to say. Anyway, I'm tired, so I think I'll head back and rest up a bit before the next meeting. At 4 right. Later."[/B]

As he was leaving Alex realized that the new guy was still standing there staring at them and seemed a bit confused. Alex walked over to him [B]"Oh, sorry newbie. Where did my manners go."[/B] Alex put his hand on his shoulder [B]"My name's Alex. So what's yours newbie?"[/B]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair had finished her laps and was drying her ahir as she entered the zoids enclosuer as Alex walked up to her brother.
"I'm sorry newbie where are my manner, name's Alex, what's yours newbie?"
"His name is Haze, and he's my brother; and he's no newbie."
Haze looked back at her and smiled.
"Hey C, came to check on dash?"
She smiled back and nodded.
"I did, how's Endaro doing?"
"He's doing good, he likes the waterfall."
"Thought he might. You seen Dash?"
"Not really no, did you not bring his becon?"
"Haze, I haven't used that thing since I left home."
As they talked Alex only stood there realizeing that he had been pushed aside.
"Okay, wait a minutes, I was talking to him first here, I wanted to know about his liger."
Clair looked at him.
"You mean Endaro? He's based off of the original Liger Zero, but he's better, much better, I dunno all the details like Haze here;" She put her hand on his shoulder proudly; "But Haze is the only one who can piolit him. Also the only one besides our father who can work on him. That reminds me Haze, dad should be up here in the next couple of days so don't you and Endaro go getting your selfs beat up till then, got it?"
He nodded and smiled at her.
"You got it!"
"Good, cause I can only do so much with him you know-"
She paused with her mouth open as two loud shrieks were heard in the area, one she knew was Dash and the other sounded as if it might be a command wolf, but hadn't seen one of those when they left.
"Dash..."
She took off at a dead run leaving her towel behind and realized Alex was on her heels.
"What are you so worried about?"
"That was Sly."
"Sly?"
"My Shadow fox."
"Great, a SF and a LS."
"LS?"
"Lightning Saix."
She came up over the hill to see the two zoids rolling in the grass, neither one was hurt and they let out their cries again before tackleing each other and Clair sighed smileing.
"How can you smile, they're going to rip each other apart!"
"They're playing."
He looked at her ready to make a remark but blinked as she put her hand on his cheek.
"I'm Clair by the way," She tapped his cheek lightly, "Don't ever call my brother a newbie again, and pay closer attention."
She walked away smileing[/COLOR][/FONT]

Kaien got up from where he had been laying on the couch; it had been such a NICE shower. Looking out the bay window in his room, he could see the sprawling zoid habitat. He sighed, "Maybe, juuuust maybe, I'm starting to like this place." He walked over to the dresser he had 'claimed', and put on more than just boxers. All the while, he wondered if his partner had gotten here yet. It seemed odd that he was the only one who seemingly didn't have a partner. Oh well, he thought, and continued on with his ritual.

When he was clothed, in a light t-shirt and long pants, with his signature hoodie; he headed down stairs to explore the place. He wandered down into the main lobby, as he began to put on his head-phones. Kaien looked at his watch, and saw that he still had a few hours until he was to report for training. He smiled, as a group of girls came out of the excercise yard. He nodded his head; he DEFINATELY liked this place.

After awhile of looking around, Kaien decided to check over his zoid before the training. He came to where his zoid sat on the tip of a gently rising hill, and was greeted with a ROAR of enthusiasm. Getting up from where he had fallen in the grass, Kaien laughed at his zoids behavior. "It's ok, Sharupu; you'll get to fight soon." Kaien hoped so; all this peace was starting to make him soft. He HAD to remember why they were here; to save the world from the threat of invasion.

He kept up his serious demeanor for about, say 10 seconds, before it vanished in a huge smile. Kaien just couldn't be serious about a fight; it was what he lived for, the more dangerous, the BETTER! He climbed into the control chamber of Sharupu, and flipped everything on; preparing for a sysems check. As always, his zoid, Sharupu was impatient. It wanted to be free to move!, not sit here and check systems. Again like always, everything checked out ok. Kaien told Sharupu, "Let's get moving, it's about time to get to that training session." Almost as an after thought, Kaien added as they took off, "Sure hope our partner is there; that's the only element that we're unsure of right now."

This new girl was another weird one. Alex was still a bit worried about Sly, but was more interested in this new girl, Clair. Alex just kept right on following her, like he hadn't a thought in his head [B]"You know I wasn't trying to insult your bro or anything. He's just a new guy. Well, new to me anyway."[/B]

She looked back to Alex [B]"I see. So why are you folowing me again?"[/B]

Alex flashed his now trademark smirk [B]"I find you interesting."[/B]

Clair smiled back to him [B]"Is that good or bad?"[/B]

[B]"Depends?"[/B]

[B]"Depends on what?"[/B]

Alex snickerd a bit [B]"You'll find out eventually. Til then, lets enjoy the moment."[/B]

The two continued there way back til they both met up with the other two, who were still waiting for them. The new guy, Haze stepped forward [B]"So what happend?"[/B]

Clair smiled [B]"They were just playing."[/B]

Her and Haze began to trail of into there own conversation again. It was at this time that Alex decided to slink away. He was suddenly feeling a bit lathargic and decided a nap sounded good. As he was trying to sneak off Marri called to him [B]"Hey, Alex."[/B]

Alex cringed a bit. He was really hoping to just pop smoke without them noticing. So much for that plan [B]"Yes, m'lady."[/B]

He replied in a melodramatic british accent and giving a bow. This, like most of what he did, seemed to little to amuse her [B]"Don't forget when you need to be back."[/B]

Alex just smiled at her again [B]"4 O'clock, right? Don't even sweat it, I'm great with schedules."[/B]

She had a look about her that seemed doutful. But Alex didn't let that slow him down. He kept right on his way. There was only a few more hours to go and he wanted to rest up. Things were already starting to look promising. So many interesting zoids and people. This was gonna be fun.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Marri felt the blue in her eyes, fade as she watched Alex leave. Even though he was annoying he was intresting and kept her on her toes. That was what a partner was supposed to do right? She waved a slight goof-bye to Faron and Alex's Shadow Fox even though she was certain that he hadn't seen that gesture as he was busy with the Lightning Saix. Exiting the envirnoment, she realized that she was also tired. It had been a busy day and she hadn't napped since the flight, but now jet lag was taking hold of her.

She had to walk with her hand along the wall, to keep herself steady from her weariness. Marri assumed that she looked drunk and decieded that it would be best to stick with that story if anyone stopped her. Hittingthe door-knob she twisted it and pshed open the door.

Alex was already adjusted on his bed, she couldn't tell if he was asleep or awake. Falling on her bed, Marri pulled a blanket over her slender body passing out as soon as her head hit the bed. However, like always Marri had fallen onto the floor of the room, twisted in the blanket. As a restless sleeper, Marri could never stay in her bed. Even when she was still living with her parents they had put up a bar to prevent this action. In cased in a deep slumber, she had a warm smile and with a serene look on her face, her blonde hair laying sexly around her.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Alex had only been asleep a short while before he awoke to a thud. He sat up from his bed and looked over to his right to see Marri wrapped up in her blanket on the floor. At first he thought she was messing with him. He heard her come back, but what was she doing on the floor. She looked as though the fall hadn't even disturbed her.

He then seemed to forget about sleeping and just began to stare at her as she lay on the floor. All he could think was how interesting this girl seemed to keep getting. He snickerd to himself again. The way she had herslef set out almost seemed like she was teasing him, or trying to hit on him possibly. That's why he thought it was some game she was playing with him. This thought made him snicker again.

He finally got up from his bed and made his way to the bathroom. He took some water in his hands and splashed it on his face. It was still only 1 O'clock. He could easily sleep for two more hours before the... whatever thing. But for some reason now he was just too distracted. He then proceeded to return to his bedside and look down upon his still sleeping roomate.

Every few minutes she would roll about a bit, then settle for a few minutes, then continue to roll about. All Alex could think was [I]"I bet she's having a fun dream."[/I]

This girl was as funny as they come. The idea of having a partner in her didn't seem quite as bad as he thought it would be at first. He could hear the zoids at the habitat off in the distance. This was definitly a good place. But for some reason all this peace gave ihm a strange sinking feeling. Like this was just a facade for something big on the horizon.

Alex soon realized that this was the first serious thought he had had since he got here. And maybe in the last month. He got up and went to the window. He just didn't feel right. Like someone had there had on his back. Til he realized it was someones hand on his back.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze was standing on his zoid's head by the time his sister returned. She looked up and smiled. He tossed her the towel she dropped when she took off. [B]"Don't worry. I''ll have Endaro keep an eye on him." [/B] Clair laughed at Haze's remark.[B] "Thanks." [/B] She replied before leaving the habitat. Haze noted the sarcasim in her voice. Endaro lowered his head to let Haze get off. He returned to his spot by the water fall chasing away a Rev Raptor in the proccess.

He walked to the complex and entered the main lobby. He headed to the stairs and started to climb to the second floor. Passing a room he heard a thud. He chuckled, thinking about what might have caused it. [B]"Someone must have already got drunk and passed out."[/B] Haze never knew that feeling. He was straight-edge, and he liked it that way.

He entered his room and found Alice unpacking. [B]"By the way, nice Geno Breaker. It's very cool."[/B] Alice turned, suprised by the sudden compliment. [B]"You know, for someone so young, your not that annoying."[/B] Haze smiled. [B]"I'm sure my sister would say different."[/B] He landed on the bed and looked at the clock. [B]"Two hours til the meeting. Better get some more rest."[/B] He slipt into a quick nap before having to go train.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair had just gotten back to the room when her alarm went off, she smiled and turned it off, 15:50, 10 minutes till training. She looked over at Vincent who was dozeing on his bed and pursed her lips. He really wasn't so bad but she still wasn't thrilled about rooming with a guy. She shrugged and began to change, him being asleep it was somewhat safer then him being gone.
"Vincent, let's go!"
She kicked his bed and began to head for the door, he had just enough of a chance to look up at her as she pulled her white tank top over her black bra and grab her mp3 player and series of belts before she was out the door. She hear the door a ways infront of her shut and quickened her pace having a feeling that it was Haze, as she rounded the corner she smiled, it was.
"Haze, you have a nice nap?"
"How'd you know?"
"That's all you do."
"I'm not an exercise nut like you sis."
"I'm not, but if I don't do that the sheer speed of Dash would tear me apart. You know that."
"I know, just giving you hell."
"Watch it."
He smiled and shook his head.
"You know I'm not a little kid anymore."
She blushed and laughed.
"Guess your right. Well, meet you there."

He knew what she meant as they entered the Zoid dome, she would be there before him, she always was. He heard her voice filter through the enclosure as she put the small headphones in her ears, he knew the song, it was one of her favorites, Joss Stone's 'Fell in love with a boy'. He watched as she climbed into Dash and after several moments where he knew she was connecting all her buckles and straps, she was out of the back way and soon a trail of dust heading for the base.

Getting there first was no problem it was what happened after they all got there that unnerved her. She stood in the line a few minutes later as everyone stood fideling with someting as the commander walked along them, he stood infront of them and spoke.
"Vira, and the eldest of the two weathers, step forward."
She took a step forward with Vincent and felt her heart race.
"You two are the Capitains, Weathers, your ground unit. Vira, your air unit."
She choked on her breath.
"What?! I'm not qualafied for that!"
"Not your call Weathers."
She pouted slightly as he looked them over.
"Now, is your training, we will be putting you all in a arena with other zoids piolited by our best, these are professionals, do not take them lightly."
Clair frowned.
"We are too, most of have been doing this sort of thing since we were old enough to hold the controls."
"I understand Weathers, but you are all not military trained."
"Then why not send your boys in our place, this is our job, no offense but I think I speak for everyone here that we know what we're doing and can do it with our eyes shut."
Most of the others nodded in agreement.

"Which is why we picked you all. This is your job and you all do it very well, but my father can sometimes forget that it's what we do."
"Not now Zoe."
A young lady with black hair and amythest eyes walked forward. She was dressed in the womens military uniform and smiled sweetly.
"My name is Zoe Trail, I'll be working with you, I piolit the Storm Sworder. I'll be rocording your work from the air today. Good luck."

Her father steped forward again and cleared his throat.
"We start momentarily."
They all nodded and waited nervousy as they got everything ready.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*Alright, here we go everyone. Post about when you left the house and your feelings about your new capitains and commrade. If you want to you can post about your training session, everyone's is costumized.*[/COLOR][/FONT]