OtakuBoards

Zoids: Fight for Earth

Akieen Cloud

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1]Eyes fluttering open, Marri saw the room at a new level, from the floor. Sighing she pushed her self up and looked around. Alex was no longer in his bed but instead at the window staring out. She walked over to him and placed her hand on his back. He didn't seem to notice at first but once he turned, there was breif moment of surpirse but it only for few seconds.

"Your cute when you sleep." He spoke in a manner that made Marri blush. She turned suddenly and began walking out the door.

"Its almost 4, so I think we should go." She heard him following her and walked towards the zoid's environment. Climbing into Faron she let him fly so that they wouldn't be late. It wasn't long until the reached the training area. She slide down Faron's wing, seeing Alex's Shadow Fox entering the area as well. She was late and that bothered her, however she was in time to hear the captians.

The female Weathers and Vincent Vira. She knew Vincent a little bit, as they were from the same aerial training base, but he had left before her. Marri wasn't affected all that much from the choice of Captians and smiled over at Vincent, before walking back to Faron.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Alex really had no interest in listening to the old men talk some more. It's practically all they did. But hell, that's war ain't it. Old people talking and young people dieing. All he was interested in was hearing about the team captains and what group he would probably be with. He imagined he would be with the ground unit, what with his shadow fox and all.

He wasn't sure who this weathers girl was, until he saw that girl, Clair, from earlier step up. He also wasn't familiar with this Vincent person either. Clair had the ground unit, so that probably meant he would be taking orders from her. He was homestly kinda excited about that. This meant he could play a bit more with this girl. Sly kneeled down and let out a low whine [B]"I know, isn't it great?"[/B]

Then Sly made a noise that sounded oddly like Alexs' snicker [B]"I see you have a thing for her Lightning Saix, do you."[/B]

Alex took one more look around to all the pilots, with all there zoids and all there pilots and he snickerd again. Marri happend to looka back at him and he gave one of his smirks to her. This causing her to blush and turn away again, leaving Alex uttering to himself[B] "She's gonna be great!"[/B]

Clair came to him [B]"Alex."[/B]

He turned his head from Marri to look to his new 'commadant'. He smiled and gave a bow [B]"Yes, m'lady."[/B]

He enjoyed being a smart ass. She just sighed [B]"Can you at least pretend to pay attention?"[/B]

Alex stood up straight and looked right at her [B]"But that would be like lying. And lying is wrong!"[/B]

He acted all huffy as he said it, but quickly lost his composure and started snickering again. Clair just sighed and continued on, Alex, again, coming in and out of the lecture at his whim.

[COLOR=DarkRed][B]"Guess your right. Well, meet you there."[/B] Haze's sister walked off toward her zoid. Haze approached the water fall. Endaro was standing in the pool of water, the water falling behind him. He climbed in the cockpit and left the dome. His sister passed him, not even two minutes after he left.

He approached the circle of zoids and stopped Endaro next to his sister's Lightning Saix. He reflected on the times he hellped with its repairs before he became a pilot. He heard his sister be called up as a captain of the ground unit. [B]"Ground unit."[/B] He looked up at Endaro. [B]"Thats probably me."[/B] He thinks to himself.

He looked around at the other members of his unit. That Alex guy and his Shadow Fox, he didn't like them. His sister approached him and asked him to pay attention. Alex seemed to be giving her a hard time. That really annoyed him. He walked over and whispered to him. [B]"Hey, don't be an ass. OK?"[/B][/COLOR]

As Kaien arrived to the training field, he saw that not many people were there yet. He told Sharupu to go over to the edge of the field, to wait and make room for the others. While they waited, Kaien ran another systems check. Sharupu was really annoyed this time; he didn't like having to check EVERY SINGLE SYSTEM. Kaien's response to this, was of course, to make them more in-depth searches. Sharupu started roaring, and soon was drawing attention to himself.

Soon, a storm sworder flew up, and landed next to Sharupu. Kaien halted the checks, and leaned out his window, calling, "Hey there!" He almost fell out; the window was not meant to lean out of. The girl looked a little annoyed, and said, "Could you stop all that racket? Please, can't you see that we're waiting for everyone now?" Kaien leaned alittle farther out, and started to fall. He caught himself, and looked back up at the girl, apologetically, "Sorry! Just having a little fun until the fighting starts!" He got back into the cockpit, noticing that the girl was laughing, and pulled the girl up on his com link.

She was still chuckling, and said, "Well, anyways, it's nce to meet you...um,... " Kaien pointed to his chest, saying, "I'm Kaien Gilford. It's... nice to meet you too," and he gave her a smile over the video feed. She smiled back, and said, "I'm Zoe Trail, I'm going to be watching everyone today." Kaien scratched his head, this time thinking, "So you're not with the main group?" She started to reply, when her signal cut out. She reappeared in a second or two, and said, "Sorry, I have to get back up front, I'll talk to you later!" She immediately took off in her Storm Sworder.

Leaning back in his chair, Kaien mumbled to himself, "Soooooo.. you meet a girl, and she flies away. Great!" Sharupu shook himself, and growled. Kaien laughed, saying, "Well, YOU may not have lked her, but..." He went on talking to his zoid, as the approached the now gathering fighters, and he followed the directions, and he hopefully got the right group. His speakers had been blaring.

Alex looked to Haze [B]"I can't help it. This military stuff is boring. I wanna have some fun."[/B]

Haze glanced over [B]"You don't have to be an ass to do that."[/B]

Alex just smirked [B]"Aw, come on. Your starting to make me sound like I'm the big bully around here. I get the impression you don't like me much, do you?"[/B]

Haze didn't even respond to him that time. Alex just snickerd to himself [B]"That's okay. I think your funny. And your sister, too. You guys are one fun family."[/B]

He says smiling and laughing the whole way. Haze never did respond to him, but that didn't matter much to Alex. This guy seemed pretty straight laced. That just meant he was fun to play with. It's those type that always give the best reactions.

Alex right on snickering the whole time. Whenever someone would look back to him, he would simply smile and wave. Clair said something about there first exercise. More than anything he wanted to see what Hazes' Liger could do. Plus him and Sly hadn't had a good battle in a very long time.

Despite how crowded the transport was, there weren't many people actually there. Most seemed fairly typical and boring, but there were always those like Clair, Haze, and Marri that had made his long trip out here worth the while.

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Glancing back towards Alex, she watched as he became a distrubence. Rolling her eyes she frowned, why was she forced to room with such an annoying pilot. Yet she wondered how far off she was from being like him. Sure she tried to hide her unqiuness but it was hard, he already knew about her sleeping condition. Rubbing her eyes, she watched as the groups split up and frowned, well at least she wouldn't have to spend all her time with Alex.

Marri saw her new commander by his self and walked over to Vincent Vira, giving him a coy smile and offering him a handshake.
"It's a pleasure to work under you Captain Vira. I'm Marri Ovan, pilot of the Oridus unit and I hope to serve you at the best I can in the air."[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair looked on as Marri talked to her room mate, she paused at that thought and shook her head. She was about to go ask Haze what he thought about everything when the buzzer in the base started to go off. She was in complette shock and was jogged by Haze pulling her arm.
"Clair, what's going on?"
"I don't know, stay calm Haze."
She looked up at the vid screen as what looked like a young man with blood red eyes and blue skin showed up.
**We know you have the combatents, ready your selves.**
The trasnmission cut off and a loud rumble was heard outside as 20 Griffin zoids droped to the ground out side on the mars base.

Clair walked up to the captian and grabed the front o his uniform.
"What the FUCK is going on here? I knew we had to fight but those things are the most poerful zoids out there! Are you trying to kill us?"
She spun as Dash let out a blood curdleing roar and cracked the pavement as his metalic paw stamped down. Blinking she nodded and turned to Vincent giving him a look that told him play time was over.
"Ground unit listen up! These Griffin are gonna be tough, Go under, take out the balancer, or the legs which ever is easiest, the air unit will get them as they slow down, we only have one chance to do this so let's do it right! This isn't our training, this is real, don't slack or goof off," here she looked at Alex, "Or you most likely will get killed. Let's go!"

She grabed Haze's hand and gave it a squeeze and hopped into Dash's cockpit and in a flash was the first out on the feild, she manuvered Dash perfectly and pin pointed the Griffin's weakest point quickly. Opening the com link as the others joined her and let them know as well.
"The wings! Go for the wings!"
Dash reared and latched onto a wing heavily till the beat toppeled over almost instantly Haze and Endaro were ripping into it's underbelly.
"Good work Haze. Ground unit listen up! Pair off and follow or lead."

Dash and Endaro cleard a path, taking the Griffin's down onto their sides then tearing out the belly of the zoids, taking them out of commission but not destroying them completely. Clair suddenly remembered the name of the zoids her and her brother were ripping through, Battle Cougar. Their older brother piolited on of these brutes and she remembered that no one could beat him...so why were they so easy? She screamed as a blast shot hit her on the left, spinning dash around she gasped as the largest of the zoids looked down on her.
"A Byte Griffon...I thought they were banned..."
She screamed again as the beast sent a claw in her direction clipping her on the left.
"Damnit! Vincent, what the hell are you all doing up there?"
"We have our own problems!"

Looking up she saw a horde of the Battle Cougars swarming the air unit.
"Shit, this does not look good..."
"Clair-"
"Haze, stay back!"
Hissing she plugged her MP3 player in and cranked up the volume, Rob Zombie's Dragula blareing through the coms of the other piolits, Haze stopped, this song meant she was drop dead serious...she was about to do something dangerous.
"Haze, stay out of it."
She punched in a code and gritted her teeth as the reserve booster pack kicked in, her speed increased to the complete 325 mph and shoved her back into the piolit seat. Dash shuddered violently and she whimpered as the force began to hit her.
"Come on friend, lets do it."
Dash evened out and flanked the Byte Griffon effortlessly What happened next made her nearly scream, the Byte Grffion phased behind her.
"There's no way..."
"Clair! Behind you!"
She looked back and had ust enough time to mve Dash before a blast hit the ground, the aftershock took her off balance enough as it was, but what scared her the most was the crater that was left where she had been.
'I have to think of something.'

Suddenly a baragae of shots came from above, a fleet of storm sworders swooped down upon the beast she was fighting.
"Get out of here you fools!"
To late, the Griffon raised up and took out a dozen or so of the zoids with a deft sweep of it's giant claw. She had to think of something and then it hit her. Alex.
"Alex! I need you over here now!"
"I'm busy."
"NOW DAMNIT!"
He led Sly next to her and she saw him glareing from his cockpit.
"Yes?"
"Go stealth and sneak p behind it, I'll distract it from the front so you can take it down."
"Got it."
"Haze, look alive, you and the other's have to attack this thing as soon as Alex takes out the balancer. You got that?"
"Yep."
"Good."
She pushed Dash full forward and leaped onto the Griffon, hearing Haze call her name sounded far away and she held her breath knowing what was coming, the Griffon schreechd as Dash began to rip the front as bst it could until Alex was behind it.
"Captian get out of there!"
"Just do it!"
He nodded reluctently but took out the balancer and watched as Clair went under the Griffion with Dash, landing on the ground she was nearly clear when the griffion sent out a shot catching Dash in the back and sending him flying.

Clair's com link hissed at the others as they tore and fired at the Byte Griffon, her cockpit shattered and Dash smokeing as he rested against the cliff wall he was smashed head first against. Clair in the cockpit, blood seeping from under her bangs and from her side. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*My character is knocked out of the fight for now, everyone, post your fight, but make it as difficult for your charcters as possible with out loseing, this leads to everyone getting our upgrades! Yay!*[/COLOR][/FONT]

Things were getting real intense, real fast. Clair looked like she had been removed for the fight. This was not the way they needed to start this fight. Alex kicked on the stealth system and went to work. He hadn't seen these types of zoids before. They were awfully strong and fierce. There were just so damn many of them. Alex tried to play a quick game and go by without detection, but everytime he unloaded his armor pierecing rounds they could home in on his real quick like.

Now he had one of the damn things tailing him. It was all he oculd do to keep himself concealed, let alone go on the offensive. Marri was circleing about in the skies. Alex was doing the best he could to provide support to both the air and ground teams. As he turned his machine gun skyward again to provide them with some support cover he got blind sided.

It appeared as though it was completely coincidental, but it definetly wasn't any good. His optic stealth was damaged. So much for the element of surprise. He knew he had to take out the enemy before could get back to his feet. With one quick charge and a strike laser claw to the head, the griffon zoid went down. Sadly this was just one of many still flying about.

It was at this point that the pain started setting in. When that damn thing slammed into him Alex must have cracked his ribs. Even the slightest movements were painful at this point. But he had little choice but to keep going. He was doing his best to look out for mis team leader, since she didn't seem to be moving. He could see one of the griffons coming down near her fallen lightning saix. Alex was pretty tore up. He still had radar and sonar invisiblity, but his optics were out. Even having sly walk was painful, but there was no way he could stop now.

It felt like the world around him was melting away. He couldn't hear anything, he could only see her and the griffon. He slammed down on the gas and charged full on. He wanted to take him out quick, so he moved in with the strike lazer claw, but fate wasn't that kind. The damn thing heard him and managed to manuver clear before it broad sided him. As he hit the ground Alex kicked in his smoke screen and took cover.

The beast started using it's wings to clear the smoke but what little good it did it. Alex and Sly jumped in and took a mighty bite out of this beasts neck, sending it tumbling to the ground. Alex felt pretty proud of himself. He had taken a beating, but even without his stealth systems he managed to take down this big mother. It was while he was giving himself a pa on the back that he felt something warm in his mouth. He started coughing and soon realized that it was blood in his mouth.

When he got hit that second time it must have jarred one of his broken ribs into his lungs. This was getting ugly. Once again he was forced to realize just how much it hurt. Sly wasn't doing much better. There was damage to the joints on both the left side legs and tha armor around the cockpit and lef side were badly damaged. Sly's right paw was also damaged. The strike lazer claw combined with such heavy enemies was taking it's toll. All Alex could think to do was turn his machine gun sky ward and try to keep the enemies at bay for as long as he could.

He wasn't sure how much longer he had til he would finally lose consciousness like Clair, but he'd be damned if he didn't go out without a fight. Even in these dire straights he still found it in himself to slap on another one of his famous smirks and even snicker a bit.

As Kaien arrived at the gathering, he saw that everyone was being split into two groups; ground and air. He formed up with the ground unit; hoping he had picked the right one. After all, his zoid DID have the ability to exchange armor for support fighters. This is what usually gave him the advantage in a battle, besides his already exceptional fighting skills. He was just turning to look for the girl in the Storm Sworder, when a transmission came in over the video screen; it was what looked like a young man with blood red eyes and blue skin. "Who the freak is THIS guy??" wondered Kaien.

**We know you have the combatents, ready your selves.**

Then the transmission ended, and everything started happening fast. Right after the message, a group of some 2 dozen or so griffin-type zoids appeared, from what Kaien saw on his radar. "Holy!... Just who the heck are THESE guys?!" He was still in his zoid thankfully, and was ready for them. He received orders over the intercom; "Ground unit listen up! Pair off and follow or lead."

Kaien looked up, and saw that some of the griffins had moved to aerial combat. "So much for air support." he sighed. He also didn't see anyone near him; he had been the only one in a zoid. By the time he looked to the field though, he saw a Lightning Saix speed ahead of him. "Darn! I'm getting beat!" At that, he pushed Sharupu to close to his top speed, and leveled his cannon at the nearest griffin. "Crap!" said Kaien, after seeing that the cannon's energy level was zero. "I'll have to get something to fire at me..." he said, devising a staredgy.

He popped the safetys of of two of his four machine guns, and readied them to fire. The griffins were starting to engage the ground forces, and two had their sights on him. "Good!" said Kaien, as the griffins fire their long-range beam cannons. Instead of hitting like they should have, they were absorbed by the panels on Sharupu's armor. "HA!! Yes!" yelled Kaien, watching the energy meter rise from zero to around 50 percent. "Afew more of those, and I'll be able to waste these babies!" Kaien closed the distance between the griffins, and opened fire with his machine guns.

As the rounds slowly ate away at the griffins, and Kaien dodged their non energy weapons, they started to circle around him. He kept moving, however, and had his guns trained on the beasties. Eventually, he had to turn around, and avoid a giant one of the things. It looked like it could do some MAJOR damage, and he was preoccupied. The battle-cougars used this time to strike. They charged in, and slashed at Sharupu with thier claws. Moving to one side, he avoided one, but took the other on his right flank. The impact cut deep into Sharupu's leg, and he roared in rage, swiping the griffin with his tail.

The first griffin continued the assualt, and Kaien was barely able to dodge it's attacks. "Uggh... At least we got the other one.." Kaien said, as he glanced back to see the other griffin failing to rise from the ground, with a deep gash in the side of it's body. He flew back in his seat, as Sharupu suddenly lunged forward, and bit the other zoid. It screeched, and slashed at Sharupu, but stubbornly, he held on. Being shaken out of his seat, Kaien realized what he was doing; He quickly hit the Electron Bite button, and instantly, Sharupu's bite short-circuited the Battle Cougar.

It fell to the ground twitching, and also couldn't get up. Kaien wiped his forhead, shocked when he pulled his hand away; it was all bloody. He thought it must have happened when he was being shaken. He tore part of his shirt, and tied his forehead up. He then pulled up the system schematics of his zoid; it was a mess. The injury to Sharupu's right leg had cut some vital circuits, and his mobility was down by 32%. Also, he couldn't put too much pressure on it, or the damage would escalate. His body armor had been almost reduced to pieces; the slashing from that griffin had been terrible. Some of the ray-absorbing-panels had been destroyed, while others were damaged. They may have won; but it had been at a price.

He slumped into the command chair, and took this time to survey the battle. Somehow, the big Cougar had been disabled, possibly defeated. Their were piled heaps of zoids scattered about the ground, and still, the battle raged on, not slowed in the least. Kaien was surprised to find a shadow fox still fighting, even though clearly his body structure was damaged. It looked like he was defending a downed pilot. "That guy could use some help, let's go see what we can do," he said to Sharupu, and they started moving as quickly as possible, while popping the safetys off of his other machine guns.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze watched in horror as his sister went down. [B]"Ah shit!" [/B] The music Clair started still playing. It made him lose his focus. [B]"I can't fight like this. I need my music."[/B] Haze opened the music files stored on his liger's computer. [B]"Alright, here we go. Time to kick some ass."[/B] He turned up the volume, blocking out all sound.

He ran his zoid over to the fallen lightning saix, rotating his vulcan machine gun in the process to attack the griffins. He came to a stop infront of Dash, the Ozzy Osborne song-I dont wanna stop, blasting in the cockpit. Several cannon shots landed infront of Endaro, shaking the zoid. The sudden jolt made him hit his head on the dash, blood appeared on his forehead and dripped into his eyes.

He looked up and noticed Vincent and Marri were having some difficulty. He adjusted the angle on his missle pods to the sky. Several rounds of missles were ejected and flew toward the griffins. They struck down few and many more took sevear damage to their wings. [B]"Damn, that means they'll have to land."[/B]

A griffin charged him and Haze lowered Endaro's swords. The zoid's heads collided, but Haze has an advantage. He rotated his swords to point forward, and inward toward the zoids chestplate. The gears propeled the blades forward into the zoid. [B]"Die you filthy son of a bitch."[/B]

He shook off the zoid, he was pissed. He unloaded all his missles on the incoming zoids. Several cannon shots hit Endaro. Haze was shaken and suffered whiplash. The blood from his forehead continued. Endaro suffered some damage, damage in his back right leg made it difficult for the zoid to sstand.

[B]"I'll have to take manual control of the gun."[/B] Haze fliped another set of switches and the power of the turret was reverted to Endaro's controls. He took aim, but that didn't matter. In the last few rounds he fired randomly. Machine gun bullets struck the left side of Endaro, leaving holes in his armor. Haze felt his left shoulder dislocate. Before blacking out he initiated his smoke screen.Hopimg to send some sort of signal to his commrades. Ironicly, the song still playing, "[B]I dont wanna stop."[/B] sang Ozzy, the lead singer.[/COLOR]

[color=darkslateblue][size=1]Marri flew around the sky, avoiding the relentless attacks of the Griffen type zoids. This was unplanned and frightening, why would someone just attack them with on reason. She knew the mission, by why? Her cockpit flaced red as she was rammed from behind and she cirused. Some stupid music was playing and distracting her so she shut off communications. The sounds of the battle outside and the beepings of her control panel were all that she heard now.

Taking a hair-band from her wrist she tied her hair up, a sign that she wasn't playing anymore. Faron kicked up, charging towards the Griffen's. They formed a wall and Faron stopped, Marri hissed. Why was this so hard? Looking down at the controls she frowned, what she was thinking was stupid almost sucidial. Staring forawrd she watched the wall of Griffen's what was the point in attacking just one, she knew it would best to take out as many as she could.

Marri was hesitent about attack but, Faron charged forward showing his courage and willingness, his wings outstreached, guns firring toward the mass. The guns didn't do much damage but, it did scatter them. The most damage was done to the griffen's she rammed directly. Red flashed everywhere and diagrams of Faron's wings flashed showing his damages. Marri cursed as their speed was cut down and they began to fall. In a last stich effort, Marri turned Faron straight to the ground his horn gleaming, bursting with electricty. It struck a few Griffen's killing one from that was from the wing ram attack. Bracing herself for impact, Marri closed her eyes praying to God that she would live. Then the world when blank. [/size][/color]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=DarkRed]*Everyone else is taking a while to post so I'm going to go ahead and move on.*[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Clair woke up feeling heavy an groggy, she could smell smoke, and blood. That wasn't good, but the smoke had her worried the most.
"D-Dash, are you okay?"
She tried to shift but wiced and looked down at the shard of metal lodged in her side.
"Shit, Dash, can you move?"
Letting out a weak roar he slowly stood and she began to cry as she felt him shudder under his own body weight.
"Hang in there partner, you'l be okay."
She let out a pain filled sob as her zoid hit the ground unable to go any further.
"Dash, Dash! Don't give up on me now! Please..."
She put her forehead against the consle and took a deep breath as the cold metal touched her forhead she began to cry harder as the color began to drain from the consle.
"No! Dash please don't give up on me!"
She watched helplessly as the zoid core shut down, she placed a kiss on the dash and undid all her buckles a moment later, he was gone. Getting out careless of her own injuries she looked him over and found the damage, a large slate spike from the cliff he leaned against was sticking straight into his chest.
'It must have reached his core when we hit...'
She looked around as the others were coming out of their zids as well, every one else still had their partener with the battle over. She bit her lip to hold in the tears, though some still escaped, and began to walk slowly towards the base. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]*Alight, battle is over, if you did not post your battle, recap your fight.*[/COLOR][/FONT]

The enemy seemed to be withdrawing. Alex let out a deep sigh and then a little snicker. His arms and legs were starting to feel numb. He set his hand on Sly's console [B]"Who you hangin there?"[/B]

Sly made a dull grunt. Alex smiled [B]"Sounds like you'll live if you can still complain."[/B]

Alex reached just behind the seat drew tow cable out so he could lower himself out of the cockpit. Once he was ouside he sat down on the cold, hard, torn earth beneath him and just started looking over his old partner. There was an awful lot of damage to the legs and left side of the head, but it didn't seem like anything lethal. Alex smirked and then started to look out toward where the others were.

He first noticed Clair and her LS, who were near by, were much more worse off then he and Sly were. Her zoid wasn't moving and he was surprised she still was with that metal splinter in her ribs. Alex felt as though he should go over to her, but he couldn't manage himself to his legs. His and were starting lose there color. His face and arms were starting to turn pale. He was kinda short on breath.

He hand no idea what to make of the situation. Most everyone seemed to be beaten, but well enough. The only one whos survival seemed in question was Clairs' zoid.

Alex could hear the voices of other moving about. He was hoing it was the support team coming to pick up him and Sly. Even more so now, Alex felt like taking a good long nap. It felt like he had been up for days. He was even starting to feel kinda naseaus. He coughed up a bit more blood, then slowly went to lay down.

He looked up toward the sky and started to close his eyes. He wished he had a blanket or something because it was starting to get real cold out.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Clair watched as the support unit came up to her and began to try and treat her, giving them a deadly look she pointed to the others.
"Take chare of my unit first."
She looked at Dash and felt her throat tighten wit more tears. She whirled around as her father's voice came from behind her.
"He was a good zoid hun, you and him did well."
She ran to him and buried her face in his shoulder crying.
"Dad..."
"Come on Clair, it's time to go."
She nodded and sat down next to Haze who was now awake and sighed exahustedly and put her head on his shoulded promptly falling asleep, a stray tear falling every now and then.

She woke up a few hours later hearig a tremendous roar, blinking she flung the sheets off and raced for the hanger hopeing it was all a dream, but as she slid on the tile and hit her side causeing pain to shoot up her side she knew it was all real. She shok her head as she saw her father repairing and gushing over the other zoids.
"Clair, good to see you up and about, I have something to talk to you about."
"Oh goody."
"Your going to need a new zoid."
"I don't want to think about that right now dad."
"Well seeing as everyone else is getting thier zoids upgraded and training begins in an hour I think you need one."
She let out a sigh.
"Fine, what did you have in mind?"
"I brought a few from the warehouse with me that I've been saving for an emergency, their all really cool!"
"Dad, I'm not concerned with 'cool', please."
"Alright, come this way."
She followed him to the very back of the hanger where a group of zoids were watching, she felt like they were judgeing her.
"Your used to speed so I tried doing what I could, I brought along the Zero and all it's capabilities."
"You mean the liger and it's attachments? No thanks."
He shrugged.
"There's the Hayate Liger."
"How fast?"
"420."
"That's faster then Dash was."
"Yes it is. There is also the Energy Liger-"
"To bulky for me"
"Thought so, there is also the Brastle Tiger and Blade Liger."
"I think I'll stick with the Hayate, thanks dad."
Relucantly she climbed into the zoid and headed for the dome, getting there she saw eveyone else working on their zoids look up at her and the new liger. He was decked out with everything and she noticed that they too were adding to their Zoids, great this would put them all in leagues of their own, no more even ground. She sighed and leaned back into the piolit seat.
"Well now, I have to think of a name for you don't I?"
The liger let out a tremendous roar and she realized it had been him that had woken her up in the infermary. She felt her self smile a little despite herself.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Claws snapped open; snapped closed. Nervously, some might say. Others would be more accurate in saying it was as if a beast was awakening.

Claws snapped open, snapped closed. Alice twirled a strand of hair around one long, delicate finger, cracking her gum in annoyance. She had a trainer - some scrawny little geek by the name of Jerry - and he was annoying her, running her through systems she knew like the back of her hand. Finally, she just fumed, popping the cockpit open and flipping Jerry an obscene hand gesture.

"Just shut up and let me show you what I know already, right?"

Jerry gave her a Look. The Look that said, "Right. Put your money where your mouth is." She returned it, closing the cockpit and feeling Jabberwocky loom to awareness.

Claws snapped open. Claws snapped closed. Alice inhaled, exhaled - same motion. Same timing.

Jerry wasn't giving her that look anymore when she was done.

------

She took hours longer than she usually did, grinning with pleasure at being piloting Jabberwocky again. Every motion she remembered came smooth and easy, and she laughed with delight when she finished, panting.

That's about the time the alarm went off. Her head shot up, she looked out the cockpit as if that would let her see therough walls.

"What's that?'

"That..." Jerry shouted from below, "Is a Problem."

The transmission came through, fuzzy. Alice's eyes narrowed as she watched, snarling at the video screen. "Gawsh, does every madman have to be so melodramatic?"

Boosters flared. the Geno Breaker all but launched itsself into the air, leaving the ground for the first time today....

((OoC: Editing in more when I'm not longer at the library about to run out of time. D: )) [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][COLOR=DarkRed]The cockpit on Endaro opened and Haze crawled out. He landed on his feet, but quickly went down. Pain from his neck due to whiplash. [B]"Ah, damn! I should move slower to avoid as much pain as I can."[/B] That was esier said than done. His dislocated shoulder made it hagain he fell on the ground, but this time it was intentional. The blood from his forehead still pouring. It reopened when Haze fell the first time. [B]"Damn, what the hell? Why did they attack us?"[/B] Clair remained silent. Haze followed his sister's gaze to dash. The zoid had been beaten down the enemy. Haze put his hand on her shoulder and she reached across her body and grabed it.

A few miutes later Haze was by himself lokking for some medics. After searching for a half an hour he gave up. [B]"Screw it! I could probaly put my shoulder back in place by myself any way. Thats not a bad idea."[/B] Haze gripped his left shoulder and proceded to push it back into place. A loud crack was heard and pain erupted for his shoulder. He fell to one knee but quickly got to his feet as the intense pain subsided. [B]"Well that was fun."[/B] He noticed that the pilot Alex and his partner were near by, but he paid them no attention. They were none of his concern right now.

[B]"Haze!"[/B] someone shouted from afar. Haze turned to see who was caliing him. [B]"Dad!"[/B] Haze's face light up at the sight of his father. [B]"Where's your sister?"[/B] Haze pointed toward the fallen lightning saix. His father frowned at the sight. [B]"Well that can't be good. Come on lets go."[/B] Haze followed his dad over to Clair. Haze gripped his shoulder which still hurt a bit after the forced rejoining of the joints.[/COLOR]

Haze was working with his dad when Clair entered the hanger. He over heard them talking about a new zoid. Obviosly for Clair. [B]"Make sure that Gravity Canon is in secured."[/B] The mechanics finished installing Endaro's new equipment and released the restraints. Haze climbed up to his zoid's head as they approached Clair. [B]"Hayate huh? Nice one."[/B] Endaro looked the new zoid over. He could tell that it was an ally.[/COLOR]

Kaien stood still on the repair scaffolding, looking at computer schematics of the damage that had been done to Sharupu. The right leg propulsion system had been ripped open, on top of all the structural damage and cut wires and such. Then there had been all the armor that had been shorn off. It was amazing that Sharupu was not more seriously hurt than he was; the armor had taken a serious beating. Looking back on the fight, Kaien found it odd that the griffin fighters had withdrawn so quickly. He had been moving towards defending two downed pilots at the time, and the remaining ones that could move high-tailed it out of there.

When he reached the concious pilot, he said he had things under control, so Kaien left to find others that needed help. There, he had met up with the girl in the storm sworder, and after talking with her, found out that SHE was to be HIS roomate. He couldn't believe his luck! She told him that her name was Zoe, and that she was the commander's daughter. That explained why she hadn't been there with all the rest of them; she had been at the base all along; with her father! Zoe told him that training would begin promptly after everyone's zoids' were fixed, and or replaced. Her zoid had some damage done to it, but nothing too major. Kaien took this to mean that she was a good pilot, and could handle herself. He liked that.

Anyway, he had left, after she told him she'd meet him later back at the training grounds. As he thought, he smiled, and was brought back to reality by the presence of a maitenance worker. He said, "Well, your Gairyuki is almost completely done; its armor has been remade and remodeled, to make it stronger but lighter." At this, Kaien smiled, this was sounding good. "The repairs on the leg went well, and you SHOULD be able to push it pretty close to top speed without damage to the welds we made. Also," he added, and his face seemed to glow, "we took the liberty of, ADDING a few things to the design of your zoid."

He stopped, and revealed on Kaien's mini screen computer the upgrades as they were being installed. "It's a vaiant of the Gairyuki model, called a Gairyuki Shin. It has an added AZ Beam Cannon, along with a Quadro-barrelled Beam Cannon. It also adds another type of support blox you can use, the Warthog. It uses the new guns we added, and puts them into a hog type unit. For the swallow, the wings have been upgraded, and the equipment too. The radar is especially acurate. And for the horseshoe crab, the cannons on it have been significantly powered up. With all of these babies, you could take on an entire force by yourself!" The man laughed, apparently iimpressed with the attachments. Kaien, while impressed, thought the guy was nuts!

"Oh well, THIS seems promising!" said Kaien. He wanted to try it out; bad. But the job wasn't done yet, and the training was still afew hours away. He rubbed his forehead to find that he still hadn't taken care of his wound yet; it was still bound in part of his shirt. He sighed, "Well I guess I'll go rest until it's time to go..." he said mournfully. He rubbed Sharupu's leg, and the zoid growled softly. "It's ok, I'll be back. I just have to go get some rest; I'm all worn out." Saying this, he walked out of the machine shop, and made his way back to his room, where he took another shower, and laid down to take a nap.

OOC: Okay everyone, I'm in on this rp by the permission of Knuckles' Girl. I'll be playing as Zoe, which is your partner Silent_Sword. If you need a low down on her look in the Inn for her.

[COLOR=Indigo]After talking with Kaien, Zoe decided to look around and see what was out there. Before she was going to do that, she was going to go to her room and maybe shower up and change clothes. She walked up the stairs and into the room. She walked in and saw Kaien taking a nap on his bed.
"Hehehe. I guess he's tired from earlier. I'll just get some clean clothes and take a shower," she whispered to herself as she grabbed a plaided skirt, spagettii strapped tank top, and thigh high black socks.
She headed towards the shower and then got in. After about 15min. she got out and got dressed. She went back into the room and saw that Kaien was still asleep. She thought that it would be funny to scare him while he was asleep but she decided to head where the zoids were to see if there was anyone there to chat with.
She arrived at the training grounds and saw Haze and Clair looking at their zoids as they were getting repaired. She noticed that there was someone with them so she decided to go over to her zoid and have a chat with it to see how it was doing.
"Hey there Cats-Eye. How are you doing?" she asked her zoid as she brought over a chair and sat down. Cats-Eye made a few noises in respond of what she said.
"I see. I'm glad that you're doing fine. I would have been sad if anything bad had happened to you."
She sat there talking with her zoid for awhile not knowing that she had to go to the training grounds to meet up with Kaien.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair walked back to her room which she shared with Vincent and flopped on the bed, tears creeping into her eyes as she though about Dash. She unconciously remembered when she first got him and how hard it had been to control him. She buried her face in her pillow and pressed it to her eyes tightly. She st up and threw her pillow and gaspes as Vincent came in through the door it hit.
"Sorry..."

Okay,everyone training time! Sazabi, you've coe to get my character, everyone else finish your upgrades and head to the arena.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=2][font=book antiqua]Vincent looked from the pillow to Clair. [b]"Alrighty then"[/b] He walked in and closed the door then pulled a six pack out of the fridge. [b]"Come on its time to train"[/b] He noticed Clair looking at him oddly. [b]"What?"[/b]

[b]"your bringing beer with you to train?"[/b] Vincent shrugged. [b]"Do all the time even when I am fighting. Just a habit I have"[/b] Clair shook her head. [b]"your weird"[/b] Vincent smiled. [b]"Well its makes things interesting and makes the worl just a pretty place. And makes other things even better to look at"[/b] He glanced his eyes down thinking back to when he had walked in on her getting out of the shower.

Suddenly it clicked as Clair stood up. [b]"why you little.."[/b] Vincent made mad dash fo the door. [b]"Oh shit"[/b] He almost made it when he felt her leap on his back smacking him in the head. [b]"I'm going to kill you"[/b] Vincent laughed as he walked downt he hallway. [b]"I can see that"[/b] She hopped off and folded her arms letting out a huff as they made their way to the zoids. Vincent opened his mouth to say somethin but was cut off. [b]"Not another word Vincent"[/b] Vincent just chuckled to himself as the approached the hangar[/font][/size][/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze went back to his room to take a shower before training. The warm water stung his head as it soaked through the bandages on his forehead. He exited the shower and dried off and put his clothes on. Water dripped from his hair when he exited his room.

He left his room and saw his sister and Vincent walking down the hall with Clair on his back. [B]"What the hell?"[/B] He laughed as Clair hopped off Vincent's back and proceded to walk with him. He jogged foreward to catch up with them. [B]"Whats up?" [/B] as he walked up on vincents left. Haze thought about what sort off training he'll be put through.[/COLOR]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Clair smiled at her brother and then at Vincent.
"He was just saying what a wounderful person I am."
Vincent scoffed and then smiled and said nachalontly.
"Yeah, naked."
clair cheeks flared and she punched his arm, hard, making him wince. She huffed and walked ahead of them and into her Liger when her father called her over.
"I have something for you, you've never been a liger fan I know..."
"Dad, it's fine. It has the speed of Dash. I'll live."
"I found you a Gravity Saix. It's just like the lightning saix only faster. It's top speed is 500."
Her eyes bugged and she nodded with out realizeing it.
"Another thing, the memory from Dash was still useable, he's been incorparated into the G. Saix."
"Oh, thank you daddy!"
She ran outside and gasped a jet black zoid stared down at her, looking like a mix between a lightning saix and a zaber fang. the same waepon system as Dash. She smiled and jumped in happy to see her belts and buckles as before. She leaned out the cockpit as Vicent and her brother and smiled. She blew Vincent a mock kiss and closed the cockpit, the zoid roared to life and in an instant was gone.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze smiled as he saw the joy on his sister's face. [B]"Here, catch"[/B] Haze through a zoid key and a new becon toward her. She caught it and plugged the key into the zoid. [B]"Remeber, you need that to input user information into th GS." Howed you get them?" "Dad told me to keep them from you until he revealed the zoid."[/B]

She blew vincent a kiss and took off in the zoid, leaving nothing but dust in the air. [B]"Damn thats fast."[/B] He walked toward the waterfall, which is obviously where Endaro was. He waded into the pool infront. The water came up to his waist. He stared at the waterfall. He heard the sound of a zoid approaching. He turned to see it and its pilot standing at the bank of the pool.[/COLOR]

Kaien woke up to the sound of his radio alarm going off. He looked at the time; was it that late ALREADY? He quickly hopped out of bed, and hurriedly combed his hair and brushed his teeth. Never knew when you would need to impress someone, he thought, his mind wandering to his new FEMALE partner. He called the shop on his cell, as he ran out of the hotel. They confirmed that his zoid was "rearing and ready to go." He thanked them and hung up, concentrating on getting to the shop.

When he arrived, he was out of breath, and had to pause for a moment. Looking up, he spied his zoid amongst the many stationed here. It was decked out in new armor, black and deep blue, with new guns and a cannon on it too! He rubbed his hands together; man! This was gonna be sweet! He climbed the scaffolding into the cockpit, and sighed with relief; at least SOMETHING hadn't changed. Stepping out of it, he happened to see a woman talking to her zoid, a Storm Sworder. He immediately thought, "Zoe!" And he ran off to talk to her.

He moved through all the workers, and came finally to where Zoe stood, still conversing with her zoid. He stepped up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder. She spun around, and gasped, then smiled when she saw who it was. "Kaien! Don't do that! You scared me half-to death!" Kaien scratched his head, "Sorry, I didn't mean to." He looked up at her zoid. "Sooo, YOU'RE the one that was flying this thing! And here I thought that you were a begginer!" He said, jokingly. Zoe laughed, saying, "Well, I'm not! So you better watch it!" "O, I plan to," said Kaien, smirking.

Taking a few steps away, he said casually, "You, DO KNOW, that the the training session starts about now, right?" She looked at him, face showing confusion. An announcement came over the intercom, "The training session starts now! Pilots to your zoids." Kaien looked at her, "See? I wouldn't lie." He smiled. She snapped to, and rushed to get into her zoid. "I'll meet you out on the field. Don't worry; I'll find YOU." As she worked herself into her cabin, Kaien walked back to his zoid; once inside, he started the systems, and ran out into the field. There was a gathering of zoids on one end of the place; that's probably where the plans were being played out.

He made his way towards the assembly, when he noticed that a zoid was playing in the water fall about 2 kilometers from the gathering. He made a split decision to inspect the situation, and get the doofus and his zoid to the meeting. He started his boosters, and took off, going very nearly Sharupu's top speed. He got within distance, and cut the boosters; he was gonna sneak up on whoever it was. It was their fault for not paying attention to announcements. Hehehheh... thought Kaien.

He had gotten to the edge of the waterfall, when the zoid looked at him, and he knew he was busted. There was a young guy messing around near the feet of the Liger (because that's what the zoid turned out to be). Kaien got out, and climbed down, to stand on the little shoreline. He called to the guy, and he came over. He was soaked; Kaien laughed at the thought of his zoid malfuntcioning just because he took a swim. Turning to Kaien, he introduced himself, "Hey! I'm Haze! Who're you!?" Kaien looked at him; he seemed to be at least around 16, maybe 17, but that was giving him credit. Kaien stuck out his hand, to which Haze shook it, and replied, "Hi, I'm Kaien."

Just then, some kind of gun went off, and in the distance, zoids could be seen moving about the field. Shit, thought Kaien, this guy's made me late. Kaien stuck his hands in his pockets, and walked back to his zoid. He called down to Haze, "Hey! You better get going! Or you'll miss the training entirely!" He got into his seat, and pulled up communications to the Liger. When Haze was in the cockpit, he radioed over, "Hey, watch your back out there; I know some of these guys from tournaments they've won. They're no slouches." He thought he'd give the kid fair warning; it was the least he could do. He reiceived a transmission from Haze, saying, "I know! That's what makes this FUN!" Kaien laughed to himself as he took off towards group of flying zoids.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Haze closed the cockpit as Endaro exited the pool of water. He roared as water dripped from the zoid. It gleamed in the light. Haze fired up Endaro's new boosters that he had installed. They greatly increased Endaro's max speed to 350. Haze opened up the files on his zoid. Music started playing, Linkin Park:Lying away from you. He saw some of the zoids, they were big and had very expensive equipment. He smiled [B]"All that stuff won't matter if you can't hit your target."[/B] He opened a com link with Kaien. [B]"Hey, thats use some team work here, what do you say?"[/B]

Occ How we running the training?[/COLOR]