Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[color=#b0000b]In this thread, movie limericks.

If you're guessing, please [b]quote the limerick in question[/b] in order to prevent confusion and [b]spoiler out your answer[/b] for those who'd like to be able to guess on their own.[quote=Someone from another board][size=1]there once was a chap called a halfling,
who luckily came by a gold ring,
it caused quite a furore,
not least down in Mordor,
so soon they just threw out the damn thing.[/size][/quote]This is [spoiler]Lord of the Rings[/spoiler], obviously.

For discussion's sake, it'd be swell if you'd add your own verse or a few thoughts on the movie you just guessed.

[size=1][b]A disney gal with a set of pipes
Had a world of underwater gripes
Though her voice had to flounder
Her prince charming found her
He was one of those wish-washy types.[/b]

[b]A dozen-odd men that I've seen
Thought elaborate heists would be keen,
Stole dough from casinos
Wearing dress-shirts and chinos?
First eleven, then twelve and thirteen.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]A disney gal with a set of pipes
Had a world of underwater gripes
Though her voice had to flounder
Her prince charming found her
He was one of those wish-washy types.[/b]

[b]A dozen-odd men that I've seen
Thought elaborate heists would be keen,
Stole dough from casinos
Wearing dress-shirts and chinos?
First eleven, then twelve and thirteen.[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE][size=1][color=teal]Well the first one would be [spoiler]The Little Mermaid[/spoiler] and the second would be the [spoiler]Oceans 11/12/13 Movies[/spoiler]. Very good limericks Sara, sadly I have no skill in the department so I'll just be content with guessing the limericks people put up.[/size][/color]
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1]Aw, come on. They're not hard, and they don't have to be [i]good[/i] ones.

[b]A young prince had a problem with pride
But had his best friend by his side
Til he ran 'way from home,
Met a 'kat named Timon
And brooded over Dad, who had died.[/b]

[b]A playwright with a certain neurosis
Butts heads with grandmother ferocious
And shows to young boys
Imagination's joys
Whilst their mum dies of tuberculosis[/b]
or possibly cancer.[/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]A young prince had a problem with pride[/b]
[b]But had his best friend by his side[/b]
[b]Til he ran 'way from home,[/b]
[b]Met a 'kat named Timon[/b]
[b]And brooded over Dad, who had died.[/b]

[b]A playwright with a certain neurosis[/b]
[b]Butts heads with grandmother ferocious[/b]
[b]And shows to young boys[/b]
[b]Imagination's joys[/b]
[b]Whilst their mum dies of tuberculosis[/b]
or possibly cancer.[/size][/color][/QUOTE][size=1]#1 is [spoiler][b]The Lion King[/b][/spoiler], and #2 is [spoiler][b]Finding Neverland[/b][/spoiler]

[b]Our young hero is quite a dreamer[/b]
[b]Being chased by a dastardly schemer[/b]
[b]An ensemble cast[/b]
[b]The occasional blast[/b]
[b]While the bad guy is after his femur[/b]

[b]A boy looking out for his kin[/b]
[b]While others are greedy and sin[/b]
[b]A gilded confection[/b]
[b]Is what makes the connection[/b]
[b]For five children both fat and thin[/b]

-Shy

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=blue]Added spoiler tags, as per the rules of the game.[/color][/size][/font]
[/size][font=Verdana][size=2][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/size][/font]
Posted
[QUOTE=Shy][size=1][b]A boy looking out for his kin
While others are greedy and sin
A gilded confection
Is what makes the connection
For five children both fat and thin[/b][/size][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1][spoiler]Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.[/spoiler] I'm not sure if the version makes a difference.

Two more from me, and I have to go?

[b]Williams has a bone-drinking dream;
Says, "Boys, life's not so dull as it seems."
Shadows have offended;
One boy's life is ended.
Oh, well?as they say, carpe diem![/b]

[b]A dozen men get in a fight
Trying to decide just who is right
A life in the balance?
One kind juror's valiance
Brings the others others from darkness to light.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]Williams has a bone-drinking dream;
Says, "Boys, life's not so dull as it seems."
Shadows have offended;
One boy's life is ended.
Oh, well?as they say, carpe diem![/b]
[/size][/color][/QUOTE]
This is [spoiler]Dead Poet's Society[/spoiler], right?

[SIZE=1][B]There once was a man with a task
to crunch numbers -- who'd never unmask.
He'd buy from Ikea,
then had an idea;
but can't talk about it -- so don't ask.[/B][/SIZE]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][b]Williams has a bone-drinking dream;
Says, "Boys, life's not so dull as it seems."
Shadows have offended;
One boy's life is ended.
Oh, well?as they say, carpe diem![/b]

[b]A dozen men get in a fight
Trying to decide just who is right
A life in the balance?
One kind juror's valiance
Brings the others others from darkness to light.[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE]

#1 I've not seen, but I'm pretty sure that it's [spoiler]Dead Poet's Society.[/spoiler] #2 is [spoiler]12 Angry Men[/spoiler], and what a fine movie it is. :)

Time for me to bring the limerick quality straight down!! (Though not the movie quality. ;))

It's the end of many a nation
All thanks to Commie flouridation
Buck falls right on his ***
Kong makes a nuclear pass
Yeehaw! A doomsday situation!
Posted
[QUOTE=Jiazu]This is [spoiler]Dead Poet's Society[/spoiler], right?

[SIZE=1][B]There once was a man with a task
to crunch numbers -- who'd never unmask.
He'd buy from Ikea,
then had an idea;
but can't talk about it -- so don't ask.[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]Yep, you got it. And yours, I think, is [spoiler]Fight Club[/spoiler]. (Nicely done with Ikea/idea, by the way.)

There once was a young man from Florin
To seek his fortune, went explorin'.
Some assassins from Guilder
Took his true love, near killed her?
But he rescued his fiancée adorin'.[/color][/size]
Posted
[QUOTE=Shinmaru]It's the end of many a nation
All thanks to Commie flouridation
Buck falls right on his ***
Kong makes a nuclear pass
Yeehaw! A doomsday situation![/QUOTE][size=1][spoiler]Dr. Strangelove [i]or[/i] How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb?[/spoiler]

[b]New England is a funny locale
With old ladies doing something most foul
When bodies are concealed
Old secrets are revealed
'Hide them in the Panama Canal!'[/b]

-Shy[/size]
Posted
[color=#b0000b][size=1][b] Two con men both cunning and bold
Find their way with a map that they stole(d)
Despite high priest's displeasure,
They are showered with treasure
In this hid-away city of gold.[/b][/size][/color]
Posted
[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1][b] Two con men both cunning and bold
Find their way with a map that they stole(d)
Despite high priest's displeasure,
They are showered with treasure
In this hid-away city of gold.[/b][/size][/color][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]
I've never seen this movie, but is it [spoiler]El Dorado?[/spoiler]
[I]
A video tape holding horrors unknown
And after viewing you must answer the phone
Seven days, seven nights
And a circle of light
Is what you see before you're PWN'd.[/I]

...wow, that was horrible. Hah.[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE=Clurr][FONT=Arial]
I've never seen this movie, but is it [spoiler]El Dorado?[/spoiler]
[I]
A video tape holding horrors unknown
And after viewing you must answer the phone
Seven days, seven nights
And a circle of light
Is what you see before you're PWN'd.[/I]

...wow, that was horrible. Hah.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]XD I thought the use of PWN'd fit perfectly. It's totally [spoiler]the ring[/spoiler] though.

[B]A suitcase is this week's McGuffin
While Mersellus is huffin' and puffin'
Butch just wants his dad's watch
But the whole plan is botched
And those crazy hilbillies ain't bluffin'[/B][/COLOR]
Posted
You correctly guessed my limerick, Shy. :)

Now for guesses of my own!

[QUOTE=Sara][color=#b0000b][size=1]There once was a young man from Florin
To seek his fortune, went explorin'.
Some assassins from Guilder
Took his true love, near killed her?
But he rescued his fiancée adorin'.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

That would be [spoiler]The Princess Bride.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE=2007DigitalBoy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]A suitcase is this week's McGuffin
While Mersellus is huffin' and puffin'
Butch just wants his dad's watch
But the whole plan is botched
And those crazy hilbillies ain't bluffin'[/B][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

And this is [spoiler]Pulp Fiction.[/spoiler]

Don't have time to think up a limerick right now, but I'll edit this post with one in about an hour or so...
Posted
[FONT=Arial]I don't want to step on Shinmaru or anything, but I think I have a pretty good one.

There's no limit to the wishes he grants
He's got goblins who know a magic dance
He built a huge maze
With hundreds of pathways
And he's a rockstar with very tight pants.[/FONT]
Posted
[QUOTE=Clurr][FONT=Arial]I don't want to step on Shinmaru or anything, but I think I have a pretty good one.

There's no limit to the wishes he grants
He's got goblins who know a magic dance
He built a huge maze
With hundreds of pathways
And he's a rockstar with very tight pants.[/FONT][/QUOTE][color=#b0000b][size=1]And that is a [i]brilliant[/i] little rhyme about [spoiler]Labyrinth[/spoiler].[/size][/color]
Posted
[quote name='Clurr][FONT=Arial']I don't want to step on Shinmaru or anything...[/FONT][/quote]

Haha, no problem. As I understand it, anyone can post a limerick any time he or she wishes to... I got unexpectedly busy after my post, so if you had to wait for me, you would've been waiting a while. :p

There once was a man in the desert
Went crazy stifling his pleasure
His mother was a crab
And she took a mighty stab
Hurrah, chocolate syrup for dessert!

(Yes, I know I'm [i]really[/i] stretching the rhymes there...)
Posted
[color=#b0000b]over the mountains the nine of them come
and over the bridge of khazad-dûm
but if i [i]takes[/i] it
they might never make it
gollum gollum gollum[/color]
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
[quote name='Sara'][color=#b0000b]over the mountains the nine of them come
and over the bridge of khazad-dûm
but if i [i]takes[/i] it
they might never make it
gollum gollum gollum[/color][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][spoiler]The Hobbit,[/spoiler] right?

The victims of a blackmail plot
At a party where they killed a lot
One knife'd and rope'd and gun'd it
In this film about whodunnit
They'll find out who, and where, and with what

...[I]wooow[/I]. I'm really stretching it here. :P[/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Shy'][SIZE=1][B]New England is a funny locale
With old ladies doing something most foul
When bodies are concealed
Old secrets are revealed
'Hide them in the Panama Canal!'[/B][/SIZE][/quote] The very excellent [spoiler]Arsenic and Old Lace[/spoiler]

[quote=Clurr][FONT=Arial] The victims of a blackmail plot
At a party where they killed a lot
One knife'd and rope'd and gun'd it
In this film about whodunnit
They'll find out who, and where, and with what[/FONT][/quote] [spoiler]Clue[/spoiler], of course. Still need to watch that.

[B]Five artists from Britain unite
Though lately, the tensions grow tight
A small monolith,
The exploding fifth[/B],
[B]But tonight they will rock you tonight[/B]

I'm hoping it's enjoyable enough to cancel out the obviousness, lol.
Posted
[quote name='John']The very excellent [spoiler]Arsenic and Old Lace[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Clue[/spoiler], of course. Still need to watch that.

[B]Five artists from Britain unite
Though lately, the tensions grow tight
A small monolith,
The exploding fifth[/B],
[B]But tonight they will rock you tonight[/B]

I'm hoping it's enjoyable enough to cancel out the obviousness, lol.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]This... is... [spoiler]SPINAL TAP!!![/spoiler][/B]

with the cube solved rose the one who fell
raising demons, your lives they will quell
a foraken blooline
existing throughout time
'suffering legendary in hell!'[/COLOR]

[size=1][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Spoiler'd, as per the rules. -Clurr[/COLOR][/size]
Posted
[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]with the cube solved rose the one who fell
raising demons, your lives they will quell
a foraken blooline
existing throughout time
'suffering legendary in hell!'[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=arial]I'm going to say [spoiler]Hellraiser,[/spoiler] though I've never seen it.

She's rich, engaged, and better dressed
But with his charm and art, he impressed
There was ice in Atlantic soup
They all went down. "Bloop."
And now everyone in the world is depressed.

[size=1]Crap. It seems I have no grasp on rhythm. Well, screw that, I say![/size][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...