OtakuBoards

Under The Rising Moon [M-SVL]

Raiha

[font=times][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Behold, the dark depths of the underground where members of different kingdoms quietly discuss their business without noticing the obvious differences in their origins.

Here we discuss blood feuds, legal wrangling, diplomatic immunity, and note the scandals taking place. Also, at the moment, you'll see a list of who's been allowed in. Consider yourself lucky. Note that this list can change at any moment, so keep checking.

[i][center]Cast List
~~~~~~~~~~~
Neuvoxraiha: Shai Guan "Flying Leaf"
The Boss: Pra Chau Sua "The Tiger God King"
Sandy: Hathi Jainar Parasuramana: "The Peacock Maharaja"
Wondershot: Ichiro Satsuma "Sleeping Crane"
Retribution: Taejong Muyeol "True Marrow"
Engel: Hwang Zhejiang "The Winter Leaf"
Malkav: Vidura "Avesavritra"
Revelation: Moon Alyeong "White Lotus"[/COLOR][/font][/center][/i]

Lo and behold, you have the only female character again. ;P ... Okay, the Sleepers had a few others, but somehow your games seem to attract guys more than girls. I wonder why that is...?

But yes, I'm impatiently waiting for this game to start - this could be [I]epic[/I]! I also like the fact that there are this few characters, it really makes the game more easy to follow.

Oh, and my character's "nickname" is supposed to be "The Peacock Maharaja", although that is his title as well.

[font=times][color=darkorchid]Ahah, I found that bit to be confusing, I'll add it shortly. In the meantime, we are going for epic after all. And you'll want to shimmy your cute *** into Enshian on a diplomatic mission perhaps. The better to mingle with the tall and beautiful.

Of course when Erica finally joins, there will be more than one female, but not more than two.[/font][/color]

[color=#40826D][size=1]God I love wikipedia- so useful for quickly finding hex formats of colours. I wish I could just type in viridian instead of #40826D. Oh well.

Anyway. I went to sleep and hoped that it'd be up in the morning. It's not, so I'll impatiently wait like Sandy. *Curls up in chair to wait.* I hate these lazy summer days when it's so hot that it gives me a heat headache if I'm outside too long.

Also; I think this kind of RP attracts males more because of the whole, "Everyone is at war, jump in and kill people" type of thing. Though, I'm equally fond of war and drama in my writing. =D

I got carried away writing my legend. I omitted about 3 paragraphs.[/color][/size]

[size=1]I only signed up for this because you [i]promised[/i] there was a direction you intended to take with the RPG instead of just "Ready? FIGHT!!!". And frankly, those RPGs always die within a week.

What's the current count for numbers of people per empire?[/size]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Everyone, do yourselves a favor and wikipedia the book "Romance of the Three Kingdoms". It's basically the style of this whole RPG. A war based in high political/religious differences and settled over large, epic battles.

It'd be best if language is kept eloquent and in the style of ancient days.

Character Residences:

[b][u]Enshian[/b][/u]
[i]The Boss[/i] as Pra Chau Sua
[i]Neuvoxraiha[/i] as Shai Guan
[i]Revelation[/i] as Moon Alyeong the White Lotus

[b][u]Silla[/b][/u]
[i]Retribution[/i] as Taejong Muyeol
[i]Engel[/i] as Hwang Zhejiang

[b][u]Matsya[/b][/u]
[i]Sandy[/i] as Hathi Jainar Parasuramana
[i]Malkav[/i] as Vidura

[b][u]Tsuchi[/b][/u]
[i]Wondershot[/i] as Ichiro Satsuma

[/color][/size]

I did have a feeling that this story was somewhat based on that story (that and the films of Zhang Yimou). I actually have the first volume of it (though I still haven't finished it, sadly), and have friends who are really into it and talk to me about chapters from it (usually while playing Dynasty Warriors 5, no less), so I have at least some familiarity with it. Ichiro Satsuma is even meant to be loosely based on one of the characters of that story.

Anyway, I'll be sure to start reading that book again to get a better sense of the style of this story.

[color=darkred][size=1]

All over it, sucka!

This is what a few people feared, but that's why multiple story lines are possible in this sorta thing. Anyways, Mine and your character are basically built around war.

It'll be fun.[/color][/size]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Well, Enshian is to the west and Matsya is to the south, so really, now. All countries are connected at some point, so border crossing is the only thing you really gotta worry about.

Also, I'm thinking I'm gonna steal some of your prose and how you use the whole battle log style. I used that in my whole sign up Legend, so I might use it for battle chapters.

That is, if you don't mind slight plagerism.[/color][/size]

So I posted as well. I apologize for starters if my character seems overpowered (the truth is, he is overpowered with his various avatars), but I'll try to tone it down. Maybe I'll make him lose something in exchange for transforming into an avatar...

I'm a bit bothered that Malkav's character [I]is[/I] an avatar, while my character [I]has[/I] ones, but we can agree that there are several types of avatars in the world, right? ;D

So anyways, I'm throwing my character right into the middle of the events now, instead of just staying on the side like usual. Feel free to play around with him, Raiha.

I know you want to, with his moustache being so sexy and all. ;P

So, it's pretty much my turn to post again. What do you want to do with it? I guess I should march forward to keep things running smoothly. Of course to keep from becoming "that guy" I want some input on exactly what direction we're going in. Really if left up to me...someone's army is gonna get their feelings hurt, and it ain't gonna be Matsya.

[color=darkred][size=1]

It'd be interesting for my and your character to meet up in battle, alá Hector and Achilles (I call Achilles), and we have an ongoing, hated yet respected enemy-rivalry going on. That would be interesting.

Have our armies fight to a draw in some epic battle and we'll more than likely end up fighting each other (or you can post that if you wish).

Do what you will.[/color][/size]

Sorry guy, by default I'm achilles simply because I'm the invader and you're the defender:raspberry. We're gonna fight to a draw in my next post. I'll post the beginning and middle and you can have the second middle and conclusion/withdrawel of forces. What I was thinking was since I took that little port town in my first post, you guys will be marching to take it back before my country's forces land en masse. You'll be marching along a river (per your request) and my forces will launch a surprise attack to your side putting your back against the river. The force I attack with will only be a few hundred men, so we won't have the manpower to force you guys into the river, and at the same time because of the surprise attack you guys won't be able to obliterate us as you would have if we attacked head on.. Blood will flow from both sides and the delta on the river will get clogged with bodies (also per your request). The battle ends when some ships that carry additional matsya forces arrive at the port town by sea and my party draws back having bought time for them to land. You can write out our duel and I'll write out our meeting.

I have a POW, although not necessarily a soldier. Thought I should put that out there for you guys to eat up. Starting with my next post Matsya will begin it's march north deeper into Enshia. Sandy, maybe we should finally hook up so you will see where I'm going with this invasion and I can see where you're going with the infiltration. My AIM is MachineBrainX. I'm wondering if we should go for total conquest, or just an increase in border size for the time being until someone else joins the fray.

[quote name='Malkav']I have a POW, although not necessarily a soldier. Thought I should put that out there for you guys to eat up. Starting with my next post Matsya will begin it's march north deeper into Enshia. Sandy, maybe we should finally hook up so you will see where I'm going with this invasion and I can see where you're going with the infiltration. My AIM is MachineBrainX. I'm wondering if we should go for total conquest, or just an increase in border size for the time being until someone else joins the fray.[/quote]

I'm actually thinking that my character will end up switching sides. He's trying to lure Shai Guan under his spell, but it'll probably be the other way around. XP

But time will tell how it goes...

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][font=times][i]Someone find poor Erica [Revelation] *blush*. She needs to go home and warn the politicos that one of their courtesans has been taken as a captive. That'll shake the bastards up into movement.[/i][/font][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Okay so I suppose I can't post as quick as I thought I could [please don't kill me D. ><]

Wait so Shai was the one who got taken, yeah? I was completely confused for a moment. Maybe I should post more often. Again, like I said, sorry. Creativity's been a bit low, it's not my fault! ><;;;

Anyways, I'll try to get something up tonight. And I agree with D, someone needs to come and find me. Stir the bastards up![/size][/color]