OtakuBoards

Esper Jam!

2010DigitalBoy

Dante was sitting in the library, as was his usuall custum after his classes, he had large stacks of books sitting on the table around him. He had been doing this everyday ever since the incedent at stonehenge. Dante had just finished reading the last book in a stack of about 20 when hi secided to go a have a snack in the cafeteria.

Dante rarely needed his map anymore, he had nearly memorized the layout of Esper Hall during the last 6 weeks. Dante looked down at the glove on his right hand, even though the wounds had healed he still hadn't gotten rid of the glove. [I]Thats what I get for messing with electricity before I was ready to control it.[/I]

Dante arrived at the cafeteria and got a small snack, he headed towards his usual table. He usually sat with the others that were taken to stonehenge, he seemed to stay to their small group ever since the accident. Dante sat there staring his glass of water, slowly melting and refreezing the ice in it.

Just as he was about to head up to his room there was an announcement,[B]"Everyone come to the meeting room at once for an emergency meeting."[/B] It sounded like Joe's voice. Dante looked at his map and saw that the meeting room was on the 6th floor. Dante decided to teleport up there instead of walk all that way.

When he arrived at the meeting there were allready a few people there, Dante took a seat in the back. Before to long alot of people started pouring into the room. Dante nodded off waiting for the meeting to begin.

Dante woke up to see Joe standing at a podium talking about something when suddenly he just callapsed. Everyone began to panic, some guy walked up to the podium and tried to get to calm everyone down. He seemed to be talking about going after something, Dante wasn't really paying attention, then he heard him say something about the sheild technique, maybe he could find out more about what had happened that day. Dante decided to go with this guy on this mission to save Joe. [I]Who knows maybe I'll be able to learn some new techniques to add to my growing list of powers.[/I]

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="Navy"]After about 6 weeks, Thomas had begun to develop his ailities farther than before. After Liam had told thomas that he could create a new planet if he wanted, Thomas began to hone his skills. Hoping that one day he could become a defender. Unbeknownst to him that would be soon.

Thomas was finally able to re-create Chocolate. And this new Chocolate seemed to be much more polite. Almost like a student himself, though he rearely stepped foot outside of Thomas roomonly to get books or food. It became a much better place after Liam dissapeared. Now Thomas can create objects aside from creatures. He even managed to see Miri again, and the two have become great friends.

[][]

After training with Miri and Chocolate; Thomas went to get some grub beofre returning to his room. As he sat down the announcment came on, an emergency meeing was being held

[B]"Wonder what's going on Tommy Boy?" [/B] Chocloate said atop of Thomas' head. His fur stood upon end and his tail pricked up.

[B]"Who knows, better get there fast!"[/B] homas said as he charged out of he cafeteria. Miri close behind him.

The whole place was fileld with students, Thomas could see the others from that dreadful day almost 6 months ago. The only reason Thomas got through was so he could see the world, so he could see his future. A few minutes later joe callapsed on teh stage. The whole room was chaotic; fearful even.

A man who had stood up at the podeum and told everyone not to panic "who's with me?" The man yelled, Thomas thought very fast about what to do, make a difference screamed at him, so he nodded. He was going to join...

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Had it really only been six weeks? It felt more like an eternity to Vanyel. Ever since that bizarre outcome at Stonehenge life had been far from quiet. She wasn't sorry that Liam seemed to be gone though. Even now she still hated it when someone read your mind or transported you against your will. Though now it was a lot harder, between what Tasha had shown her and Vanyel's teachers her shields were far better than they ever had been.

It was rather odd actually, until she had rebuilt them, she hadn't realized just how much back noise she was hearing from other people's thoughts. The utter silence she got now, even with others around her who were gifted was a huge relief. It certainly made studying a lot easier. And she had found several nearly isolated spots in the library that she would spend hours at a time in, either reading fantasy novels or books she had gotten from those who were teaching her.

Vanyel had made next to no friends at all other than a few of her teachers and that girl Tasha, though that was more of her insisting on talking to Vanyel and not the other way around. [I]Now if only I can convince her to quit trying to get me to dress nicer. [/I] But after seeing her room once Vanyel doubted that would ever happen. [I]Who cares what you're wearing? [/I]

With a snort of disgust she set her books aside, to distracted by thoughts of how things had gone to really study. And there was no doubt that she had a lot to learn. Every time she started to figure out one thing, some other surprise hit her. Vanyel got up from her desk in her room and took a seat on her bed, looking out the small window at the few people she could see wandering about outside.

Later after being called to an assembly to discuss what had been happening to known Espers, she was ready to head back to her room. But of all things she had never expected Joe to collapse. [I]What the?[/I] She listened, dumbfounded, not sure what to do when someone suggested they go after those who were missing.

But someone else had another idea and before she realized it, Tasha who had been standing behind her grabbed her right hand and dragged her over to where the others who were volunteering were standing.

[I]What are you doing? [/I]She thought at her.

[I]What do you think?[/I] Tasha shot back. [I]Surely you don't want to miss out on a chance to help and to learn more?[/I]

Vanyel could clearly sense the amusement in her thoughts. But by the time she pulled her hand free it was too late, they were already standing there. Vanyel shot her an irritated glance.
[I]
One of these days I'm going to smack you. You have got to stop volunteering me for things. [/I]

Tasha's return thought was nothing but laughter.

Vanyel just sighed a bit and prepared herself. She had learned a lot since then, so perhaps it would actually be interesting. And maybe it was time she learned to be willing to help others. It just wasn't that easy. Other than Esper Hall, no one had ever helped her before. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]It had been six weeks since Stonehenge, and Treana still had no answers. What had Liam wanted at Stonehenge? Why had he brought the new arrivals there? What caused the surge of spiritual energy? And what had happened to Liam? These questions remained unanswered, and one more question had been added to them. The other nine who were at Stonehenge were showing increased levels of ability. They were learning faster, and their overall strength was at a higher level that would be expected. Treana didn't have any standards to judge by, of course, but by observing the reactions of instructors and students it was easy to figure this out. Treana didn't need access to anyone's mind to see this; the surprise was evident on everyone's faces. But there was more to it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2e8b57]Everyone who'd been at Stonehenge displayed this increased level of ability. Everyone except Treana. Her level of ability hadn't increased. But why not? The increase was obviously connected to Stonehenge, but why hadn't it happened to Treana? [I]Was the spiritual energy responsible for this? [COLOR=royalblue]Liam said exposure would be fatal, but there's no reason to believe he was telling the truth. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]He probably was, just not the whole truth. It's likely that exposure would not be immediately fatal. Perhaps everyone's shields were sufficient for survival, but not able to keep the energy out entirely. We weren't affected, though. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Our shield was stronger, then. Makes sense. They've passed us now, but then, our combined abilities were far stronger than any of theirs. It's likely that our shield was sufficient to keep the energy out entirely. That's why our abilities haven't been boosted. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]Not like the others' abilities, at least. Ours will be boosted in a different way.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
[I][/I]
[COLOR=seagreen]There were still questions to answer, but Treana knew enough for now. She couldn't expand the limits of her mind yet, but she believed she'd figured out how to properly merge her two selves into one that had their combined abilities. She would then attempt to duplicate herself again, making two selves, each with the combined abilities of her current two selves. After making sure she was ready, she began the process.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=mediumturquoise]As her disorientation faded, Treana realized that she had succeeded. She was alone in her mind, but had the combined abilities of her two selves. The next step was to do what had let to the original duplication. Treana had been experimenting with creating a mental shield. She'd been trying to chield specific parts of her mind while leaving others unshielded, more to see if she could than for any other reason. She didn't know why, but this caused her mental duplication. So she repeated this shielding attempt. It took her a couple tries to get it right, but before long, she felt a sensation she recognized immediately.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#48d1cc]Treana sat down, extremely disoriented. The duplication took several minutes, but it felt like it was taking a lot longer. She was disoriented the entire time, unable to see or hear clearly, or even to really think straight.[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen] And then, suddenly, the disorientation faded. Treana knew miiediately that she had been successful. She had two selves again, each with the combined abilities of her original two selves. She wasn't going to try it again, though, not until she knew her mind's limits and how to expand them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2e8b57]Treana tried a few things to verify that the reduplication had indeed increased her abilities as expected. She tested this both with various telepathic abilities and with abilities she'd learned since coming to Esper Hall. These included teleportation, basic elemental manipulation, and telekinesis, among others. They all seemed so much easier now. Treana found it hard to believe how much more difficult things were just a few minutes ago. The reduplication had indeed done what she'd hoped. But then the announcement came, so she didn't have any more time to think about it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#2e8b57]Things had become... interesting. Some kind of spiritual energy force, the apparent deaths of powerful espers, the dissapearance of Stonehenge. Something was happening. Something that was seemingly related to the events at Stonehenge six weeks ago, which Treana had come to call the 'Stonehenge surge'.[/COLOR]

[I][COLOR=#2e8b57]Did Liam know this was going to happen? [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Maybe, maybe not. We know he hasn't been seen since the Stonehenge surge. Did something hapen to him, or was his dissapearance part of whatever he was planning? He's probably still alive. I don't think he died, and I don't think he turned into that new stone, either. He seemed to know exactly what he was doing. I think he knew what would happen next, and I think this is part of it. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]Yes, and the best way to find answers is to volunteer for this mission. I'm not sure we should get involved, though. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]Of course, we're already involved. Liam involved us when he took us to Stonehenge six weeks ago. This could be our only chance to learn what the hell he was, or maybe is, up to.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][/I]
[COLOR=seagreen]Treana stood. "We volunteer."[/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="goldenrod"]So much had changed in the past six weeks and even Tasha had trouble believing it. She still could not control her charm ability, if anything it was nearly twice as powerful as before. But thanks to further training in shielding techniques, something that Shiana was an expert at, she could block her talent well enough that no one was affected by it anymore.

It was not the only thing that was affected, her ability to teleport had expanded to include herself and her telepathy was better than ever. And in spite of her charm having got stronger she actually was a bit excited to explore it further since she could tell that there was more to it than simply making others be infatuated with her. Even those times when she realized she could tell others were telling the truth seemed to be connected to that somehow. [I]I wonder what else it does? [/I]

She couldn't help but feel content and though she didn't have any close friends she did have a number of people she associated with in Esper Hall. It was great to have friends again, people who liked her for herself and not her ability. About the only exception was Vanyel, who in spite of her efforts was still very standoffish. Not from lack of her dragging her to events and different things.

Tasha knew Vanyel was fine with being alone, but she just couldn't help it. She couldn't forget what she saw in Vanyel's mind back at Stonehenge. And the longer she was around the more she felt the urge to try and socialize her a bit. Even if she couldn't get her to abandon those plain jeans and shirts. [I]She'll thaw in time.[/I] And Tasha knew she was right. She had finally gotten comfortable enough around her to talk mind to mind instead of using speech. Vanyel was extremely reluctant to speak to anyone in that manner other than her teacher.

Now, as they waited for Shiana and the others to get ready to go after those who had been affected by the strange storm she winked at Vanyel who was still annoyed that she had dragged her over. Even if she was pretending it was a grand adventure, Tasha was a bit nervous. If someone as powerful as Joe was affected, what chance did they have? Still, she was surprised that they survived what had happened at Stonehenge.

[I]I guess we'll find out when we get there if we should have stayed put. [/I] She turned to Vanyel again sending out yet another thought just to her. Another thing she loved about her classes, learning how to use a type of private mind speech, a means to talk to someone so that your conversation was private.

[I]If you really want to smack me, go right ahead. I won't mind one bit. Fair warning though, I bite. [/I]

Tasha laughed out loud at Vanyel's startled look.

[I]By the way.[/I] She teased. [I]You look cute when you're annoyed.[/I] And with that Tasha slammed the line shut. Laughing inwardly at her next expression. Because Vanyel was not use to anyone telling her she was cute and it was terribly hard to resist doing it since the resulting reaction always made her want to smile. [/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"][B]"Well that was unexpected,"[/B] Chloe said aloud as Joe collapsed to the floor.

It was strange to see the most powerful man left at Esper Hall fall so simply. Chloe had always idolized his power. And in comparison with Shiana's, it worried Chloe that there wasn't much power left at Esper Hall should they need it.

At least her power had grown. Ever since she had learned how to create a psychic schield, new powers were presenting themselves to her. One was her ability to sense psychic energy around her. Esper Hall was obviously radiating from it. And now that the energy had left Joe, Chloe could tell Shiana was next. She could also tell that Treana had two spererate energies coming off of her and other strange anomalies in the psychic world.

Xander gave a few clicks of annoyance, responding to Chloe's statement. That was another thing: She could understand her pet gecko. She didn't acutally hear words and she was certainly not reading his mind, but it was as though everything he chirped about became clear in her mind. Xander was basically calling her a dumb blonde, (despite having silver hair) pointing out that it shouldn't be surprising Joe had passed out and his consciousness was taken away; he was too powerful to remain here much longer.

Yes, the Stonehenge incident seemed completely benificial. Unlike Dante, who seemed to be paired with Chloe in a lot of aspects, (such as their ability to learn quickly) Chloe had decided to focus on core aspects of her Esper powers. Now she was an expert flyer, could generate a 'solid' psychic shield, see several weeks into the future, (although seeing Joe collapse was not something she had anticipated) and she had decided to only pursue the elemental control of earth and nature.

It seemed that to control each element required a tolerance of certain attributes: For example, Chloe found that she was easily agitated and angry when she used fire and that she was too hyper when she used electricity. And while these subtle naunces might be unnoticable to others, the development of her psychosensory ability allowed her to become more in touch with this aspect of elemental control. She found that Earth and Nature suited her just fine.

The only negative thing from Stonehenge was that she had to go through it without Xander! And since Liam had disappeared, Chloe wasn't able to make good on her promise to kick him in the face.

Xander gave a few more clicks of confusion. He was trying to figure out if Chloe was planning on going and if he would be able to go with her. If he wasn't, he was wondering who would take care of him while she was away.

[B]"You'd better be able to go. I won't go without you."[/B] And as she stood up to inquire about leaving with the group, Jake seemed to notice her and left the podium to speak with her privately.

[B]"Talking to your lizard again?"[/B] he liked to mock her. He said that she was losing her mind because there supposedly wasn't an ability that allowed empathy between species.

[B]"No. I'm talking to my gecko!"[/B]And she tried to leave, searching for someone else who "out-ranked" Jake. He and Chloe hadn't been on good terms ever since the Twilight initiation. She was scared of heights and while that only gave Jake further reason to mock her, Chloe had reasoned that now that she had mastered flying, she had no reason to be scared anymore. The fact that this reason went unnoticed only infuriated her further.

[B]"You're not planning on going, are you?"[/B] He asked, that crooked smile that Chloe now found annoying as hell spread across his face

[B]"Why wouldn't I be?[/B]

[B]"You're hardly strong enough?"[/B] Jake looked as though he were trying very hard not to laugh. He was enjoying this to much.

Xander gave her a few chirps which meant that it was time to go on the offensive. Chloe agreed:
[B]"You're just mad because I can whip you when it comes to flying."[/B] This was an insult that still got under Jake's skin. Apparently it took him a couple of years to learn that much control.

[B]"There's only one way to find out: How about a race?"[/B] Jake wasn't smiling anymore. [I]"Time to finish him off,"[/I] she thought

[B]"No thanks. Only insecure little [I]boys[/I] have to prove their powers.[/B] The shock on his face was making it difficult for Chloe to keep a straight face, [B]"Besides, I have plenty of power and I'm able to produce a psychic shield, in case you haven't forgotten."[/B]

She was referring to the time Jake had tried to read her mind and came up with a jumbled thread of false thoughts depicting Chloe with another man. Although they were false, it taught Jake a well deserved lesson. However, he still seemed unable to figure out the lesson.

She turned to leave, Xander crawling on top of her head. Chloe willed herself not to turn around at the dumbstruck jock. She was determined to drag out their argument until he gave in.

Xander piped a few high chirps, calling Chloe stubborn. She didn't deny it.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Magenta"][center][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy3.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy4.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy5.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy6.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/picforesperjamthingy8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/esperjamthingcontinue.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/esperjamthingcontinueB.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/esperagain.jpg[/IMG]

...[/CENTER]

The planet was beautiful. Like Earth must have looked before the development of technology. All around was endless grass and ripe trees. It wasn't a jungle - more like a valley but with some of the oddest plant life I'd ever seen. There were animals, but not nearly in the abundance that our planet would have had. Perhaps they were in the earlier stages of evolution. I could have thought that this planet was earth, only that there was no wind nor humidity, and the clouds were blood red that billowed above in clusters.

Finding other people amongst a planet full of plants wouldn't be too hard, right? Though this was an entire planet we were talking about, and a handful of people would be well dispersed. I'd have doubts if we'd find anyone in the span of just a week or so, even with our powers. I don't know how Jake meant that we would be able to protect them from simply being sucked back into the cloud before we left again, but I guess he would know what he's talking about.

"If the others know that we are here looking for them, they will probably try to make themselves more obvious... if we can't find them, there's a good change they could still find us. This planet is twice the size of earth, so it can't possibly be easy, but it's damn well worth any shot we have..."

We split into four groups of five...

[CENTER][B]GROUP ONE[/B]:

[B]Shiana[/B]
[B]Dante Wilkenson[/B]
Fuura Kafuka
[B]Chora S. Park[/B]
Armelena Romero

[B]GROUP TWO[/B]:

Triela Amorou
[B]Vanyel Ashkevron[/B]
Amy Rin
[B]Tasha Sanders[/B]
Rebecca Miyamoto

[B]GROUP THREE[/B]:

[B]Treana Selmokar[/B]
[B]Chloe Verena[/B]
Lenny Alexander
[B]Jake[/B]
Micheal Burke

[B]GROUP FOUR[/B]:

Aaron Collin
Gavin Darren
[B]Thomas Arthur[/B]
[B]Dustin Aimee Johnson[/B]
Carlos Jesus[/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR=seagreen]Upon arrival, Treana was somewhat disoriented, [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]so her other self took over. The group split into four groups of five. Treana's group included Chloe, who had been at Stonehenge. Also in her group were men named Lenny, Micheal, and Jake.They set off across the unfamiliar terrain of Rilenti 4.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"A planet twice the size of Earth," Lenny said. "How are we supposed to find anyone here?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"Our abilities will help us search," Micheal said. "Besides, twice the size probably means twice the volume, not twice the surface area. The planet may be twice the volume of Earth, butas far as we're concerned, it's less than twice Earth's size, though still significantly bigger than Earth."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Or is it?" Treana said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]Micheal looked at her. "What do you mean?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"If this planet is twice the size of Eaerth, it should have arrpoximately twice the mass of Earth. So let me ask you: pysically, how are you feeling? Are you having to adjust to this new planet, or do you feel pretty much the way you did on Earth?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"I'd have to say I feel pretty normal," Micheal said, and there were nods of agreement from the others. Lenny, however, saw what Treana was getting at.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"We shouldn't feel normal," Lenny said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Lenny's right. We can assume that this planet has about twice the mass of Earth. More mass means a stronger gravitational pull. In other words, if this planet has twice the mass of Earth, it should have twice the gravity. But it doesn't. Either this planet has about the same mass as Earth, or something really wierd's going on here."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"When we approached," Chloe said, "I sensed that this world is pretty big, certainly a lot bigger than Earth."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Which means one of two things. Either it has less gravity than an object of its mass should, or it has less mass than an object of its size should."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"You mean it could be hollow?" Lenny said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Not completely hollow, we don't think, but it's very possible that it's partially hollow. Either that, or there's something screwey with the gravity. We think it's the former."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"Great," Jake said. "That means we have to search the surface and the hollowed-out portions. Just great. Of all the planets in the universe, that energy field had to come to the big and hollow one."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"We don't think it's a coincidince. You're right, Jake. How unlikely is it that the field just happened to come to a large, hollow planet? No, we think there's a reason that it came here. A reason that likely has less to do with the planet's size, and more to do with the hollowed-out areas. If we want answers, we should probably head underground, to the hollowed-out areas. We just need to find a way down there."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"What if you're wrong?" Chloe said. "What if there isn't anyone or anything down there?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Then we won't have made any progress. But remember, we split into four groups. Even if we find nothing underground, the others will be looking up here. My other self has telepathically informed the other groups of our theory. If anyone finds a passage underground, I've told them that they should let everyone else know. That way, we ensure that if there is nothing, only one group wastes time down there. Besides, until we find a passage down, we'll be wandering around the surface anyways. So let's keep searching. If we do find a passage underground, we can decide what to do then."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Tasha did not like splitting up, but realistically, it was the best way to search. With a planet this large, even with their ability to teleport or fly, searching it was going to be time consuming. And if what Treana had theorized about parts of it being hollow was true, then they would also have to keep an eye out for a path down into the very planet. Tasha suspected that it probably was, how else could they be on something so large and not be affected by a different gravity? She imagined that it probably wasn't the same as Earth, but close enough that they couldn't tell the difference.

They hadn't gone very far when Vanyel, who oddly was up in front halted and turned back to Tasha,Triela, Amy and Rebecca, clearly thinking of something. Tasha was about to ask her what was up but she beat her too it.

"[B]I've been thinking about how we are suppose to help Espers who are far more powerful than ourselves. I mean if they can't free themselves then how are we suppose to?[/B]" Once they were paying attention Vanyel turned around and continued searching.

"[B]You see,[/B]" Vanyel continued, "[B]I think that when they were seperated from their bodies they lost some of that power, or rather the phenomenon that brought them here confused their minds, making them think something else was going on. That they don't realize what's going on or where they are.[/B]"

"[B]Like they are dreaming? Something like that?[/B]" Rebecca asked.

Vanyel nodded, "[B]Yeah, something like that. I mean otherwise, you'd think they'd simply attempt to use their own power to return to their bodies, much in the same way we used ours to get here.[/B]"

"[B]Well that could be it,[/B]" Triela agreed, "[B]But what if it's not? They could be aware of it but still unable to do anything.[/B]"

"[B]No, I agree with Vanyel, I've been learning how to be separate from my body and my teacher told me that once you've got the technique down pretty good, getting back isn't a problem, unless something happens to your body. And though it felt pretty odd, it didn't feel anything like a dream.[/B]" Tasha smiled a bit when the others turned to look at her.

"[B]Well personally I think that all we have to do is find someone, use our psychic shield to give their mind protection from the energy field, I think doing so will enable them to realize just where they are."[/B] Vanyel shrugged. "[B]Though I don't know if that will be enough for them to return to their bodies on their own or not. We might have to help them.[/B]"

The more Tasha thought about it, the more it made sense. If the people here thought they were dreaming, they wouldn't even try to leave or attempt to find them. Though if they thought they too were a part of that dream it was possible they would find them once they noticed their presence. Her train of thought was interrupted as everyone came to a halt. Confused she moved forward to see what was up.

They were standing at the edge of an enormous chasm, it was obvious they were going to have to teleport to get across. But more importantly, on the other side was what appeared to be a series of caves.

"[B]Great,[/B]" Tasha said with a groan. "[B]Looks like we will be searching underground after all. I went ahead and told the others, just as I told them about your idea that isolating someone by using a psychic shield might be all it takes for them to realize what's going on. If they really are confused by the energy field like you've suggested Vanyel.[/B]"

As they got ready to teleport, Vanyel gave her an odd look. "[B]Can't you feel it?[/B]" She finally inquired. Confused Tasha shook her head. "[B]Even with the shield, it's like something is tugging at the back of my mind, as bizarre as it sounds, I feel like my brain is trying to sneeze, and I can't help but think that if that were to happen I'd be seperated from my body as well.[/b]" Vanyel looked away, "[b]I didn't feel it on Earth, but the closer we got to this place the more prominent the feeling became.[/B]"

[I]I wonder if that's what confused them? Tasha thought. Being suddenly taken from their bodies would do that. Kind of like people who are dead, when it's sudden they don't realize that they are dead.[/I] She shook her head and turned back to watch as the others teleported to the other side of the chasm, then she too teleported over. Without a word the group made their way towards the caves. Now if only they'd actually find someone before their time ran out and they had to leave.

Though how they would find them she wasn't quite sure, Tasha had lowered her telepathic shields to listen for stray thoughts, but other than the occasional one from those in here team or those of the others in the other teams she had yet to sense anyone.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]It didn't take them long to get to the caves, even with the dense foliage it was a simple matter to simply transport around the parts that were impassible. But it didn't change how the place made Vanyel uneasy. She couldn't quite pinpoint it, but it made her extremely nervous to be in an area with no buildings anywhere. Even though she had been homeless for a long time, Vanyel had never been out in the middle of nowhere. It may have been pretty in it's own way, but already she hated it and wished that they were done.

She was also a bit uncertain about entering the caves, Vanyel had never been in a cave before, but she vaguely recalled hearing about disasters and people becoming trapped. Not that being trapped concerned her, teleporting out would be simple just as... She stopped for a moment as it struck her what Liam had been telling her before about teleporting others against their will, that there would be times when it would be a good thing.

Vanyel almost laughed out loud at the thought that the old fool had been right. Transporting someone out who couldn't do so themselves would be far kinder than leaving them to die would. She thrust the thought aside as they continued through the huge passageways, hunting for some sign of one of the missing people. She couldn't help but wonder though, if Liam really was dead or not. Vanyel had thought that he was but now, as she encountered more and more strange things she was no longer sure.

They continued for what seemed like hours as the caves seemed to go on forever, some were nothing more than simple rocks where others were huge underground lakes with bizarre plants growing that gave off a tiny bit of a glow. If not for the seriousness of the situation, it would have been fascinating. Finally the ground began to slope back upwards, leading them to speculate among themselves that it was possible they were going to find another exit and sure enough they did, the caves emerged at a bit of a rise overlooking an enormous valley. They all stood there for a minute taking in the view when one of the others spoke up.

"[B]Look![/B]" Amy cried as she pointed towards something not to far off.

At first Vanyel didn't know what she was talking about, until Tasha spoke up as well.

"[B]So that's how we'll find them. I wasn't expecting them to be in that form.[/B]"

"[B]What are you talking about?[/B]" Vanyel demanded, still unsure as to what they were looking at.

"[B]Lower your telepathic shield and you'll see what I mean.[/B]"

[I]What? But...[/I] Vanyel did not want to lower it, she hated picking up on others thoughts. [I]You're on a planet devoid of people idiot! [/I]She thought to herself. [I]There won't be a horde of thoughts to worry about.[/I] Still she hesitated and then finally with a growl of irritation she did so. Wincing unconsciously as she waited to be slammed by others thoughts, but to her surprise, other than some calm and orderly stray thoughts she picked up nothing. [I]What the?[/I]

She turned as she heard Tasha laughing at her. [I]It's because all of us can use telepathy, our thoughts are organized. Now look over there.[/I]

Vanyel followed the direction her thoughts indicated and sure enough she could clearly feel or rather almost see what had to be a center of thoughts. It was the strangest thing she had ever seen or thought she could see. It was if whatever was there was hovering between different realities.

"[B]Are you sure it's one of the missing people?[/B]" Vanyel asked all of them.

Tasha nodded, "[B]Just wait,you'll see. I can clearly sense some of their thoughts from here, I probably would have found them sooner but their thoughts aren't traveling very far, even though we are close it's very faint. Anyway, lets go and see if your idea to isolate them inside a psychic shield works, I tried talking to them but they don't seem to hear my thoughts. Also, I told the others what we found and I'll update them once we've made contact.[/B]"

Vanyel nodded and started towards the cluster of thoughts. Now if only the strange feeling she was getting would stop, feeling like she needed to sneeze mentally was to be frank, annoying. She had already tried strengthening her psychic shield twice and though it helped, it didn't get rid of it. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"](OoC: Hope I'm not too late. I bought poekmon diamond, and haven't put it down since.)

Group four was not having much luck in the search. Thomas was farther ahead due to taking a wrong path, so he stopped and waited. The forest wes silent, yet odd. the energy floated around. Maybe a village was nearby?

[B]"I wonder if Chocolate is holding up at home? Hopefully the hasn't died."[/B] Thomas joked.

[B]"Who are you talking to?"[/B] Someone said behind a gush. It sounded like a teenage girl. No one Thomas knew that's for sure.[B] "Hey fella, are you gonna say something or what?" [/B]The girl said as she walked out of the bushes. She was wearing a coconut bra and a loincloth, she looked oddly like Thomas' sister, if he had one.

[B]"Eh, who cares!" [/B]An annoying voice shouted. Thomas looked at the girls head to see an odd looking cat perched upon the girls head. The cat looked oddly fimilar?

[B]"Qiuet Coco!" [/B]The girl whispered. [B]"So, who are you?"[/B]

Thomas snapped out of it and stood stern. [B]"My name is Thomas, who are you?"[/B]

[B]"Why, I'm the magnificant, Tolettea... okay not really, I'm just Tolettea. But I live in a nearby vllage. Hey, don't look like you're from around here?"[/B] The girl said. She soudned very joyfull... and ditzy.

[B]"I'm from earth-"[/B]

[B]"Hey you, Thomas!" [/B]A female voice cried out.

Thomas looked to see the others looking at the girl with the cat on her head. She glared at teh others, she was amazed. Coco rolled his eyes and yawned. [B]"Wake me up after this bore-fest!"[/B] he said sarcastically.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"News from Thomas's group," Treana said. "They've found someone who claims to live in a village near their location. She seems human, but whether she actually is or not remains to be seen. We think it's likely that she's not, but either way is possible."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"Man, this is getting wierd," Lenny said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"No shit," Micheal said. "A seemingly human girl claiming to be from a nearby village on an alien planet we rode an energy field to in order to save people the field apparently took from Earth? I don't know if it can get any wierder."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Assume it can. We have no idea what'll hapen next, but anything seems to be possible."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]As the group continued, Treana held Chloe back, following behind the rest. "Chloe, this is important," she said quietly. "Of our group, you and I are the only ones who were at Stonehenge. I assume you've noticed an increase in your abilities since then."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"Yes," Chloe said just as quietly. "At first I thought it was just normal progression, but nobody else was learning and strengthening their abilities as fast as I and the others who were at Stonehange. We even left you behind eventually, though you seem... stronger now, somehow."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"We think we know why that is. At Stonehenge, we'd all just learned the shield ability, so our shields were still weak. We think they were sufficient to keep out most of the energy, but not quite all of it. We think some of the energy got through to you and the others, and that it's affecting the development of your abilities."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"Then why weren't you progressing as quickly?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]"Because our shield was stronger. The two of us cooperated to strengthen our shield. We think ours was strong enough even back then to keep out the entirity of the energy. We're not sure if this is good or bad. On the one hand, the energy has bosted your abilities, but on the other, the energy field released at Stonehenge is responsible for the current situation."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"So what happened to strengthen your abilities? Did you let some of the energy in when we were riding the field to here?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"No. We experimented with ourselves. We figured out how to merge ourselves together, creating one self with the combined abilities of both former selves. Then, the one self repeated the actions that led to the original duplication, so there are two of us again. But we both have the combined abilities of our two former selves. In other words, We were able to double our ability level through a risky mental experiment. We're not going to try it again until we know more about the mind. But this isn't what I wanted to say to you.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]"Look, Chloe, for better or for worse, you've got some of this energy inside you. We think that's important, though we don't yet know what its importance is. But regardless, you and I are the only ones in this group who were at Stonehenge. I think we're more invloved in this than the others. This may be hard to accept, and it will probably sound cold, and perhaps arrogant, but you and we need to take priority over the others. In other words, our lives are more important in this than theirs are."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"You- do you mean that-"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"I mean that we cannot put ourselves in unnecessary danger. Especially not you. Like it or not, of the five in our group, you're the most important, because you're the only one of us with any of the energy inside you. So whatever you do, do not put yourself in unnecessary danger."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]Chloe didn't seem to know what to say, so she said nothing. She looked upset, though. Treana'd anticipated that. What she'd said wasn't easy to take. She wasn't certain that Chloe would do it, either. [I]I don't think she accepts it. She doesn't accept that her safety needs to take priority over everyone else's. [COLOR=seagreen]She doesn't have to. We'll just have to intervene if she tries to put herself in danger for any reason. Thanks to our re-duplication, oour abilities are ahead of hers. We can stop her by force if necessary. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]She may not want to admit it, but she is probably the most important person in our group. If she doesn't protect herself, then we'll do it for her.[/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Tasha like the others was surprised that Thomas's group had found other people on the planet, but in the end it didn't matter. They still had to recover as many people as possible before they were required to return to Earth. So far the native animals didn't seem interested in them, but she was sure it was only a matter of time before they ran into some that were predators. All thoughts of the animals was shoved out of her mind as she approached the center of what seemed to be the cluster of thoughts. Immediately she extended her psychic shields to include the thoughts. At first nothing seemed to happen and then...

[I]Who?[/I]

[I]We've come to take you back to Earth[/I]. She assured them, clearly sensing their confusion as to where they were.

[I]So tired.[/I]

Tasha extended her own consciousness a bit, offering a mental anchor for them to hold on to. A moment later they took it and settled into place. She turned to face the others who were waiting.

"[B]You were right Vanyel, they didn't even realize where they were or that they had been seperated from their body or what was going on around them. Also, I don't know about the others but this person was mentally tired, I had to anchor them to my own mind since they lacked the strength to do anything.[/B]" She quickly showed the others what she had done.

"[B]Won't that make you tired as well?[/B]" Vanyel asked.

"[B]No, and if you think about it you'll see why. Once they are anchored their own energy will keep them there, at least so long as they are within my psychic shields. Anyway, I informed the others, so we need to keep looking.[/B]" Tasha turned and looked around, thinking of which way they should go next. Even if Thomas's group had found people here, she had yet to sense or hear any thoughts that did not belong to someone from Earth.

"[B]Anyway, we should keep hunting while we have time. Sooner or later we'll have to rest ourselves so we should keep an eye out for a place that's semi defendable, so far the animals have ignored us but I'm sure there are dangerous ones we have yet to run across.[/B]"

She waited until the others nodded their agreement. Then she turned and started down the slope that lead into the valley they had found, hopefully they could get across it before they needed to rest, she did not want to be out in the open.

A while later they were halfway through the valley when the sound of something coming their way could be heard. Tasha did not have to wonder just what it was as a herd of animals that were about the size of a small horse came into view. It was obvious that they were running from something as they were moving as if something had them panicking.

"[B]Over there![/B]" She cried as she pointed to a small rise that would put them out of the way of the stampede. Tasha didn't have to say anything else as the others followed her lead and teleported out of the way. All of them turned to watch once they were out of harms way. And then each of them instinctively lay flat when the animal chasing them came into view.

[I]Damn![/I] Tasha thought at the others. [I]That's going to be a problem.[/I] She could feel the others agreement as they watched the larger animal that resembled the ancient dinosaurs that once roamed Earth. It was about the size of an elephant and yet reminded them of a giant lion only hairless. They watched as it chased the other smaller animals until finally with a powerful leap it took one down, killing it with a swift bite to it's neck.

[I]We should get out of here while it's busy.[/I] She looked at the others who merely nodded. Tasha ignored the uneasy look in their eyes as they crept away and out of sight before standing up and taking advantage of their ability to fly to hover above the ground and move quickly and quietly. Once they had covered quite a bit of ground, Tasha came to a halt and landed back on the ground.

"[B]I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that we'll have to be extra careful from now on. Anyway, I've told the others about that as well.[/B]" She turned and looked back and then gave the others a small smile as they continued. [I]I guess we'll have to take turns keeping watch when we finally do stop to rest.[/I] She thought to herself.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Vanyel didn't like it, even though they had found one person so far, with the limited time available to them it was apparent that finding the rest of the people in the short time that they had was next to impossible. And though it didn't surprise her, finding out that there were large powerful carnivores on this world as well made her uneasy. Sure they could use their abilities to protect themselves, but still. That would require them to waste time and energy that would be better used elsewhere.

They had long since left the valley behind, but now they were steadily heading up the side of a small hill. It was much like the overlook they had come to when they first came to the valley, but something about it bothered her and she couldn't say just what. Every now and then she caught the edge of a strange sound, one that Vanyel had never heard before. But it was far from frequent and it never lasted for very long. She was about to dismiss it when they finally came to the top of the hill or rather the edge, giving them an overview of where they were. [I]Hell! [/I]

All across the top was a colony of some type of animal with wings, giant birds that reminded her of pictures she had seen in a book in one of the many libraries she had been to since she had been on her own. [I]We need to get the hell out of here! [/I]She thought to the others.

[I]Agreed[/I], Tasha thought back. Slowly the group tried to back away, but the bird in the closest nest opened its eyes, instantly attracted by the movement. And though they all froze instantly it was too late. With a shrill cry it rose into the air, rousing the rest of them with it's warning.

"[B]Shit!"[/B] Vanyel swore even as they took off in an attempt to fly away themselves, but taking to the air was a mistake, the strange birds instantly followed them, easily closing the gap. Within moments they would catch them.

[I]Now what? [/I]She thought desperately at the others, even as she checked to see how close the birds were.

[I]Over there! [/I]Tasha replied, showing them the mental picture of a set of caves ahead of them. But even to Vanyel it was obvious that they would never make it in time.
[I]
I have to do something,[/I] she thought to herself. [I]Otherwise those things will catch us. [/I] And she did not want to become some animal's dinner. [I]I don't have a choice. [/I] Grimly she came to a halt, hovering between her group and the approaching birds.
[I]
What are you doing Vanyel! [/I]Tasha yelled in her mind. [I]There are too many of them![/I]

[I]I'm going to set it free. [/I]Vanyel replied grimly. She did not bother to explain, she wasn't sure how to. All Vanyel knew was that under the right circumstances her ability to create fire was terrible. She had started to learn to control it, but that control was not complete, being exposed to the phenomena at Stonehenge had made it even stronger. More difficult to contain, and though her teachers were patient, she was far from gaining true control over it.

Vanyel could feel it lingering at the surface, just waiting to be set free. Much like it had when it had gotten lose before, when she had been caught by a roaming gang. In her fear of what was about to happen it had broken lose then, burning the gang members from the inside out and then it had burned the building to the ground. [I]I just hope I can stop it when it's done. [/I] The last time, she had passed out and woke up later in a hospital.

Tasha started to come back but Vanyel snapped at her. [I]Stay back you fool! [/I] And then the birds were upon her, reaching with their powerful beaks and claws in an attempt to rend her to pieces. At the same time fire burst forth, turning the air around Vanyel into an inferno, a wall of flames that moved outwards and turned everything it touched into ashes. Vanyel concentrated on attempting to contain it, to keep it from spreading too far, not even aware that little flames were dancing around her own body, leaving her untouched.

And then as the last of the birds took off in the opposite direction Vanyel could feel herself starting to become faint. [I]No... not now! I can't pass out again! Not yet![/I] She fought to stay conscious as the flames died and she started falling to the ground. Vanyel slowed her decent, but she wondered if she would make it to the ground before she lost it.

Then just as she was about to lose it someone caught her. Surprised she realized that it was Tasha. [I]You idiot![/I] Tasha told her, even as she slowed her decent and then grasped Vanyel and flew back to where the other three were waiting.

[I]I am not an idiot.[/I] Vanyel protested weakly and then darkness claimed her as she passed out.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"You think this cave leads below the surface?" Micheal said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"It's not likely," Treana said. "Lenny, you're attuned to the ground, right? What do you think?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"I think it's just a normal cave," Lenny said. The group had been walking along the bottom of a cliff, and had found a cave in the cliff wall.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"Then let's move on," Jake said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]Chloe held Treana back as the group started moving. "Treana, can you feel it?" she asked, following with Treana behind the rest of the group.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Feel what?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"The energy field. Something's happening. Energy from it is drawing closer. I can feel it."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"You can? Hold on... yes, I think we can feel it, but even working together, it's hard for us to sense. I think you're attuned to it, Chloe. The others from Stonhenge probably are, too."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]Af if on cue, Jake said, "Word from the others. Several of them are sensing that energy from that field is drawing closer."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"I feel it, too," Chloe said. "The field's been around the planet, but now energy from it is approaching the planet's surface."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"Shields up, then," Jake said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"And quickly," Chloe said. "It's approaching fast"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"She's right," Treana said. "We feel it, too."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]The group all raised their shields. Not too long afterwards, the energy arrived. Just like at Stonehenge, it couldn't be seen, but everyone felt it[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]"It's not as... active as it was at Stonehenge," Treana said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"What does that mean?" Lenny said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"It means that at Stonehenge, the energy was forceful, like it was trying to force its way through out shields. Now, it's just here. It's not actually doing anything. Still, keep your shields up. It may not be trying to get through them, but it'll get into you if you drop your shields."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]With their shields raised, the group continued on, but they stopped shortly. "Do you hear that?" Micheal asked.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]There were nods of affirmation all around. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]"We can't sense anything, though," Treana said. "We think the energy is interfering."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"I can sense it fine," Chloe said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Must be because you have some of the energy in you. Well, what are you sensing?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"Some kind of animal. It seems similar to the big predatory dinosaurs from Earth's past. It's probably this planet's version of a T. Rex or something similar. It seems unusually agitated. Mental functions are... erretic, I guess. I think it's the energy. At Stonehenge, we all had hallucinations and stuff like that. I think this is something similar. Be careful. It's gone mad, and it's heading in our direction."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Get ready, then," Treana said. "Damn, the energy's interfering with our abilities. We don't know how useful they'll be in the current situation. Chloe?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]"I'm fine."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]"Well, I'm not," Lenny said. "Did the energy do this at Stonehenge?"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"We don't know. We never used any abilities other than shields. Not that it matters. It's happening here, and that's that. Be ready, everyone. This could be interesting."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray]The creature ceartanly did look a lot like a T. Rex, as they all saw when it came into view. It seemed... dizzy, unsteady. Still, it was clear that it saw the group. It roared, then charged.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Scatter!" Treana said. Everyone else did so, but she stayed in one place as the beast drew closer. As it neared her, she dashed to the side while her other self thrusete telekinetic force against the cliff wall above her. The idea was to collapse the portion of the wall she'd hit onto the beast, but it didn't work so well. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen][I]Damn it, this interference is making things difficult. [COLOR=royalblue]Then we focus together next time. Lenny's the closes to us; we'll have him move us along so we can both concentrate entirly on our abilities. Lenny![/COLOR][/I][/COLOR]
[I][/I]
[I][COLOR=gray]I he-- -ou, Trean-. More or l-ss.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][/I]
[I][COLOR=royalblue]We're going to try to collapse some of the cliff wall on the thing! We need you to move us along so it doesn't get us.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][/I]
[I][COLOR=gray]I c-n't. This int-r--ranc- is maki-g ev-n th-s diffic-l-.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][/I]
[COLOR=#808080]"I'll do it," Chloe said, stepping up beside Treana.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Chloe? Dammit, I though I told you not to risk yourself. Okay, fine, you're here anyways. Just run alongside the cliff wall while pulling us along with you."[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#4169e1]As Chloe moved Treana along, Treana's two selves picked a spot on the cliff wall, waited for the right moment, and thrusted telekinetik force agasint it. It worked this time. Rocks began to fall as the beast drew closer. [COLOR=gray]But then Chloe tripped.[/COLOR] "Keep going!" Treana said. "We'll be fine on[/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue] our own now!" [/COLOR][COLOR=gray]But Chloe didn't leave. And then Lenny ran towards the pair, trying to get close so the interferance would be minimal, allowing him to help.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"Dammit, everyone move!" Treana shouted as she got to her feet and ran. [COLOR=gray]Chloe began moving too, but then a few small rocks fell, one of them landing right on Lenny's head. Chloe turned to see Lenny collapse. "Lenny!"[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][COLOR=gray]Chloe lifted Lenny with her abilities and moved him along with her, but because of this, she couldn't move as fast. [/COLOR][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][I]Chloe, leave him! We'll try to get him out, but you focus on yourself.[/I][/COLOR]
[I][/I]
[I][COLOR=gray]You know you can't! I'm the only one here who doesn't have any difficulties from the energy. I'm the only one who can do it.[/COLOR][/I]
[I][/I]
[COLOR=royalblue]Treana didn't like it, but Chloe left her without a choice. Chloe took priority over Lenny. Treana was already out of the way, so she didn't have to worry about moving. Both of her selves focused on Chloe, telekinetically dragging her out of harm's way. [/COLOR][COLOR=gray]But the sudden force broke Chloe's concentration, and Lenny's body fell to the ground.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]With Chloe safe, Treana turned her attention to Lenny. But it was to late. The beast had reached the target area, and the collapse had begun. Treana did what she could, but ultimately, it wasn't enough. Lenny was buried along with the monster.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#808080]With the danger past, Micheal and Jake made their way to Treana and Chloe. Treana was standing, but Chloe was on the ground, crying. "What happened?" Jake said.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=royalblue]"We got the beast," Treana said, "but there was... collateral damage. Lenny's dead."[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Tasha,Triela, Amy, Rebecca and Vanyel, who was still unconscious had taken refuge in a large cave along the ridge of a set of hills. The timing couldn't have been better since shortly after they arrived the energy had come down and settled on the planet itself. And though they could keep it out by using their psychic shields, those who had not been at Stonehenge were negatively affected by its presence. Triela, Rebecca and Amy were having difficulty with their own abilities and could no longer talk to the members in the other groups. Tasha still could, but only with those who had been at Stonehedge and no one else.

She had already heard from Chloe about how the animals seemed to be behaving erratically as well as how Lenny had been killed. Tasha turned to look at the others who were resting. With Vanyel still out she figured that the others should go ahead and rest as well. The cave had required teleporting to even get there so other than those flying creatures, others would not be able to get to their position. With five of them it would be easy to take turns. Though she had no intention of waking Vanyel, she had sensed how much using that fire ability of hers had exhausted her.

Tasha looked back out at the valley, at this rate they'd end up leaving without finding anyone. The place was just to damn big, and with the energy affecting not only the animals but those who were not at Stonehenge, they would be even more limited by what the others couldn't do. She wondered if she would have to physically take each person back down to the ground if they couldn't teleport. Before the dangers didn't seem like much of an issue since they all could to some degree protect themselves but now?

She looked at her watch, even though it was useless as far as day and night would go here, it did at least tell her that they had been there for nearly a full Earth day. A slight scuffing noise caught her attention and she turned to see that Vanyel was finally coming around.

"[B]Took you long enough,[/B]" she teased. "[B]I was beginning to think that we'd have to carry you.[/B]"

Vanyel just ignored the jab and came over to sit down next to Tasha, "[B]How long was I out?[/B]" She asked after she took a moment to get comfortable, at least as comfortable as anyone could on a large rock.

"[B]About six hours.[/B]" Tasha answered her. She then took a moment to explain everything that had happened. "[B]So you see, you and I are the only ones in our group that are unaffected by the energy coming down to the planet.[/B]" She finished.

"[B]What do the others think?[/B]"

"[B]They intend to keep searching, hopefully by the time we have to leave the energy will have left or we'll be able to work around it.[/B]" Tasha turned and picked up a small sack and tossed it to Vanyel who caught it and then gave her a questioning look.

"[B]While you were out I went and got us some wild fruit. Rebecca can tell if something is safe to eat or not and though it's not exactly what I would choose, it is at least acceptable. There's some water in there too.[/B]" She stood up and stretched as Vanyel opened up the bag and took the strange fruit out.

"[B]I'm going to try and get some rest. If you find that you're still tired, wake one of the others and let them keep watch[/B]." Tasha stifled a yawn. "[B]Once we've all rested we'll start searching again.[/B]" Then once she was sure Vanyel really was awake she found a semi comfortable spot further back in the cave and stretched out. Within a short time she was fast asleep.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Vanyel spent most of the time simply staring out at the huge valley from the vantage point of the cave she was in. The others were still resting and though she probably could have fallen back asleep, she had too many things on her mind. The biggest being that the energy surrounding them made her feel odd somehow. It was as if some part of her was connected to it, making her wonder if it had to do with her exposure to it at Stonehenge. After what had happened it was clear that her and the others had ended up with that energy in them somehow. She wasn't sure what to think of it since in a way it also felt like it was just waiting for something to happen, but the question was... What?

Then she made the mistake of shifting so she was sitting on the floor of the cave with her back to the rock she had been sitting on. Vanyel was more tired that she had thought and without realizing it, she drifted off. It took someone shaking her shoulder for her to wake up again. With a start she scrambled to her feet and faced Rebecca.

"[B]I'm sorry,[/B]" She stammered. "[B]I didn't mean to fall asleep.[/B]" Vanyel feel like such an idiot! How could she have done that?

"[B]Don't be, I was already waking up so when I saw that you had drifted off I kept watch instead. Besides, after what you did yesterday, the rest of us figured you'd be too tired to keep watch.[/B]"

"[B]But...[/B]" Vanyel started to protest.

"[B]No buts.[/B]" Rebecca said, turning back to face the others who were also getting up. "[B]That's why there are five of us, it's a good number incase someone is unable to keep watch.[/B]"

[I]It doesn't change the fact that I endangered everyone by falling asleep[/I], Vanyel thought angrily. She turned to look out at the valley again and stopped and turned back when Tasha put her hand on her shoulder.

"[B]Vanyel,[/B]" She said softly. "[B]It's okay to be human you know.[/B]"

Vanyel stiffened. And then tried to relax, she couldn't change it or the feelings of helplessness since being human could get one killed. Especially in a place where the strange energy was interfering with the abilities of those on your team and driving the animals insane.

Though it would make sensing them easier. Yesterday the birds had been sleeping and the mental energy had been so calm they hadn't realized they were there until it was too late, but today? Even now she could sense the chaos and erratic behavior as a result of the energy being on the planet. In the end, it would make avoiding the animals a little easier.

[I]I just hope we don't run into any of them, Triela, Amy, and Rebecca won't be able to defend themselves if we do. [/I] Vanyel pushed the thought aside as her and Tasha helped the three fly to the surface. They could fly, but it would cut out on them unexpectedly. Making it necessary for them to have someone with them. [I]Well at least their abilities work a little bit. [/I]

After finding some more fruit that was safe to eat they continued on to the next valley, hunting for more of those people who were lost. After a few hours, this time it was Vanyel who saw it, a cluster of what seemed to be thoughts off in the distance.

"[B]Well, I guess we'd better go and get them.[/B]" Vanyel stated. "[B]I can sense some of those animals not to far past where the thoughts are. It might be best if everyone stays here while either Tasha or I go and get them.[/B]"

"[B]In that case I'll be right back.[/B]" Tasha said, taking off before Vanyel or anyone could object. The others watched as she flew close to the ground to where the thoughts were and then came back quickly.

"[B]We'd better get out of here and quick. There's a whole bunch of larger predators that are just past the other animals, I couldn't tell for sure, but I think they are trying to figure out how to hunt in spite of the energy confusing their minds. Once they figure it out, we'll have another stampede on our hands here.[/B]"

Tasha indicated the path out of that area that sort of headed back towards where the others were. "[B]It would be best if we go that way instead of trying to slip around them somehow.[/B]"

Vanyel looked to the others who nodded in agreement. "[B]All right then, lets get going.[/B]"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]The group had found a cave just before nightfall, and they'd decided to spend the night in it. Chloe was taking the first watch, so Jake and Micheal had gone to sleep pretty quickly.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma] Treana, however, didn't. She sat down beside Chloe.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Why did you do it, Treana?" Chloe said.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma]"You made me, Chloe. I told you we would get Lenny to safety. You should have let us do so."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"I didn't think you could do it with the energy interfering. I had to do something."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma]"Well, you forced us to make a choice, and I told you that your life takes priority. When you put yourself in danger, you forced us to choose between you and Lenny, and it had to be you."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Are- are you saying his death was my fault?"[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma]"No. It was our actions that caused Lenny's death. We take full responsibility for that. But your actions were the reason we had to let Lenny die. Just be careful, Chloe. You're the highest priority. We don't like it, but if we have to choose again, we will choose you."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"I- Treana, I can't just let someone die."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma]"We never asked you to. Just be careful, Chloe. We'll take care of the others; you take care of yourself."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue][FONT=Tahoma]Treana walked further into the cave, to where the others were sleeping. "Wake me when it's my turn, Chloe," she said. She laid down, and was soon asleep.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=royalblue][/COLOR][COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]After an uneventful night, the group resumed their search, but they didn't have much success. However, Chloe did sense a few people who'd been taken from Earth. Somehow, they'd freed themselves from the energy.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=royalblue]"Well, we don't think there's any reason the people couldn't free themselves," Treana said. "They just think it's a dream, right? So they can free themselves, but they don't think there's a need to. But with the number of people the energy took, it was inevitable that some of them would decide that just in case, they would act as though it was real. And of course, once they'd freed themselves, they could help others get free. So we're not surprised that other people are here. Where are they, Chloe?"[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]"Multiple locations," Chloe said. "It looks like they split up to cover more territory. I've been trying to contact them, but they haven't responded yet. I think it's probably the energy interfering with their abilities."[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Let's try to find some of the," Jake said. "Lead us to the closest one, Chloe."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"All right," Chloe said. She started to move, then stopped. "Something's happening."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=royalblue]"We feel it, too," Treana said. "The energy is acting up."[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]"It's moving inward," Chloe said, "towards the core of the planet. It's moving fast, too."[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"I don't feel it around us anymore," Micheal said.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Yes, but don't drop your shields," Chloe said. "I don't know what'll happen when it reaches the core."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=royalblue]"I assume the other groups all know about this?"[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=gray]"Yes. Okay, it doesn't look like the energy's stopping at the core. It's going right through the core."[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Going through to where?" Micheal asked.[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma]"Back to the surface, of course. It formed a sphere around the planet. The sphere contracted, and now it's... inverted itself, I guess, I really don't know how to properly say it. But the energy's coming back up to the surface. Faster, too. I don't know what this is, so be ready for anything."[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=royalblue]Treana lost sight of the others as soon as the energy hit. Whatever was hapening, her shield didn't seem to be stopping it. There were images flashing by too quickly to tell what they were. There was a sense of others caught up in whatever was happening. There was a feeling of movement. And the experience had a very dreamlike quality to it. After a while, the storm of stimuli was too much for Treana, and she passed out.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=seagreen]Treana got to her feet. Her other self was more disoriented than she was, so she had taken over. She looked around and saw that she was alone. The area looked much like where the group had arrived on Rilenti 4, or at least what Treana could see did. She couldn't see much, because there was little light. The area seemed covered by an unnatural darkness.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][I][COLOR=royalblue]Where the hell are we? [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]It appears to be Rilenti 4, but that isn't certain. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]I can't sense anyone else. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]They're all elsewhere, then. I don't know if they're all by themselves like we are, or if some of them appeared together. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]If they're even here. They may not be. [/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen]We can't be certain, though, so let's take a look around. [/COLOR][COLOR=royalblue]I don't sense the energy around us, but we should keep our shield up anyways. I don't know what it is, but I can sense... something around us.[/COLOR][COLOR=seagreen] Then we keep our shield up while we search.[/COLOR][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][I][/I][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=gray][FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=#2e8b57]Treana looked around one more time before choosing a direction at random. She began walking in the chosen direction, looking for any of the others, or any himt as to where she was or what had just happened.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Something hard was digging into her side, forcing Tasha to shift to get more comfortable, even as she semi wondered how she managed to fall asleep on something so rough to begin with. But before she could drift back to sleep the realization of what had happened hit and with a start she attempted to scramble to her feet. She didn't get far before waves of dizziness forced her back to her knees. [I]What happened?[/I] Tasha vaguely remembered something about the energy on the planet suddenly moving to the core of the planet and then back out again.

She reached up with her hands to massage her temples in an attempt to ease the throbbing headache she had. Try as she might, once the energy had hit, it was if her shields were non-existent. The whole thing had nearly caused her to lose the two minds that were anchored to her own. In the end, as Tasha finally was able to stand up, she realized that the sheer confusion had resulted in her mind shutting down. [I]How long was I out?[/I]

Tasha lowered her hands and looked around, it appeared that she was still on Rilenti 4, but there was no one else with her. At least not where she could see, the area was blanketed by an unnatural darkness, making it difficult to see more than a short distance. Tasha searched with her mind, but could sense no one at all. But at the same time, even though she couldn't tell what it was, there was something else still around her. [I]I'd better keep my shield up, there's no telling what will happen next. [/I]

Not sure what to do, Tasha finally settled on attempting to look around a bit, the light was poor, but still good enough for her to walk around. [I]I hope Vanyel and the others are alright.[/I] She thought as she started off into the darkness. She hadn't gotten far when an idea occurred to her. Tasha extended a thought to the two from Earth that she had found.
[I]
Can either one of you sense anything?[/I] She asked, hoping that perhaps their state of not being in their body would give them a different view. But her hopes were dashed when they responded.

[I]We can't.[/I] They said regretfully. [I] Before, once you included us in your psychic shields, we could sense the others in your group as well as the animals here on the planet, but now it is as if the area surrounding you is empty and yet not empty.[/I]

[I]What do you mean, empty and yet not empty?[/I] Tasha asked as she started up a small incline in the terrain.
[I]
Well there is something surrounding us, but we can't tell if it's the energy or something else, or even if it's the thoughts of another person. [/I]The two minds seemed frustrated as well as afraid of being stuck on the planet and never returning to their own bodies. [I]It's as if something is keeping us from being able to see, much in the same way the darkness seems unnatural. We recommend using extreme caution.[/I]

Tasha nodded, [I]Agreed. Let me know if you sense anything. [/I] Then she continued up the slight incline in search of an overlook. Tasha was halfway to the top of a small hill before the thought occurred to her that with the darkness, she wouldn't be able to see very far anyway.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][SIZE="1"]Ever since she had been seperated from the others when the energy had behaved erratically, once Vanyel had woken up and found herself alone she had started searching. It wasn't easy, the unnatural darkness made seeing very far difficult and even when she had tried searching for the others with her mind she had found nothing. But as she moved to the edge of what appeared to be a ravine, she began to wonder if what she was sensing around her was keeping her from being able to detect the others. Whatever it was, she did not trust it, and though they had not stopped what happened, Vanyel kept her psychic shields up.

Vanyel couldn't be certain with the darkness making it hard to see clearly, but the ravine she stood next to seemed to be the very one they had teleported over when they had first started their search. She thought about trying to fly over it and changed her mind. If she was still on Rilenti 4 along with the others, then whatever was keeping her from sensing the others could possibly interfere with her abilities. Vanyel looked down into the ravine and shuddered a bit, they had been unable to see the bottom when there had been light. The last thing she wanted to do was fall to her death.

Still, she was curious to see if it really would interfere with her abilities. Slowly she rose into the air, about a foot above the ground, everything seemed to work just fine. Vanyel traveled at the same distance over the ground, along the edge of the ravine for a while before finally settling back down on the surface. She looked around and spotted a fairly flat boulder, with a mental sigh she sat down and opened up the small bag she still had with her. It still had the fruit they had found before they had been seperated. She took one out and then pulled her legs up until she was sitting crosslegged, thinking about what had happened while she ate the fruit.

It had started when the energy had first come down to the planet, surrounding them as well as driving the animals wild. But their agitated state of mind had made detecting them easy and for the most part her group had been avoiding them. But then, suddenly, the energy had contracted, moving to the core of the planet and then came back to the surface, having inverted itself somehow. When it had hit, within seconds she had lost contact with the others. Her psychic shield had been useless as the energy had seemed to be completely unaffected by it. She had tried to hang on to consciousness but in the end had lost the battle.

Vanyel finished the fruit and finally got back up with a sigh. She still could not sense anyone.[I] What if my abilities are limited by what I'm sensing around me? Are they only working within the psychic shield? If that's the case, would dropping it allow me to sense further?[/I] It was a tempting thought, but without knowing what now surrounded her, it seemed far too foolhardy and risky to chance lowering the shield. [I]No, if that really is the case, if I lower the shield, then I could lose the ability to do anything when what's around me hits. I'd better keep the psychic shield up. [/I]

She didn't want to admit it openly, but Vanyel did not want to be stuck in this place, wandering through the semi darkness all alone. As much as she pretended otherwise, ever since she had come to Esper Hall, she had become use to having others around her. Even if she rarely talked to any of them, on some level it had been comforting to finally have people she could be around without worrying about any of them bothering her. [I]I wonder if Tasha is alright?[/I]

Frustrated she stood on top of the boulder she had just been sitting on.[I] If only I could see further![/I] Vanyel turned in a full circle, but saw nothing. Tired of the darkness she decided to see if she could use her fire ability to create a small ball of fire for light. It was one of the training exercises her teachers had been having her do to help her gain better control, only she had never tried to do it without one of them around to put it out if she lost control.

She put the thought aside and extended her right hand, palm up and concentrated on creating the sphere, seconds later one formed, hovering just above her hand. Pleased, Vanyel extended it until it was the size of a basketball. Then, just as she had done in her lessons she channeled all the energy into that small space until the flames were a solid bright light. It never failed to fascinate her how the flames would easily destroy and yet leave her untouched so long as she remained in control. Finished, she gave it a mental nudge moving it until it was a bit higher.

Vanyel couldn't help but smile a bit as she looked around to see that the light from the sphere was traveling a good distance, making it much easier to see. She was so relieved to no longer be in such darkness that Vanyel tied the sphere into the edge of her psychic shield, causing it to move with her as she walked. Not once, as she continued her search, did it cross her mind to wonder how she had suddenly gained so much more control over her fire ability. [/SIZE][/COLOR]