OtakuBoards

Favorite OB Moment Ever

Aberinkula

[COLOR="goldenrod"]There's so many that it's hard to pick just one. But probably the first thing that really stuck out was when I discovered the thread theDailyOtaku. It was the first time I read a thread in a forum that had me laughing so hard that there were tears in my eyes. :catgirl: Then from that point forward it just got better and better. Conversations with friends I had made, interesting events like the Nifty Fifty and then the moment when I got the pm from Des asking me if I wanted to be a moderator. All of them have been favorite moments.

This year has been full of them too. Different aspects of the story in my rpg Silver One, parts of the underground thread when the Panopticon was running, to my current duel with BKstyles in the OB Anthology. Our Sci Fi story challenge, which is still waiting for the final decision from the remaining two judges [[SIZE="1"]*poke* that's a shameless hint you two![/SIZE]]

All the fun/favorite moments is what keeps me here. Even when things slow down a bit there's always something that I find fun enough to consider a favorite moment.[/COLOR]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I have several favorite OB moments. I suppose I'll just list my tops.

[b]The Rap Battle Era[/b]: way back when, OBs had an awesome little place meant exclusively for text-battles that were RP style but focused completely on fight scenes. Some long lost member had the awesome idea of having rap battles in the area, and so legends were born in the forms of myself, Charles, and Retribution.... I long for those days.

[b]The Fiction Era[/b]: shortly after my rebirth as The Boss, I began writing a series of semi-successful OB-fics, collabarating with Retribution for the almost famous [b]Otaku Fiction[/b] story and Annie with a Clerks-themed story. The most successful however, is my still running solo-fic, [b]The Hit[/b].

[b]The Creative Era[/b]: submitting my art to OBs shortly after getting a scanner. Came in second place for the Dude of Doodles competition to [b]cancer[/b] (darn you) and also enjoying the still running [b]Draw My Character[/b] game.

[b]The (Long Deserved) Respect Era[/b]: Finally being elected for the Nifty Fifty and winning. Also getting put into Otakupedia.

[b]The Dead Era[/b]: Dead Diaries is a rousing success thus far (knock on wood, keep it up people). One of the longer-running and more interesting RPGs that I've participated in, which I also happen to be the creator of.[/color][/size]

By far one of my favorite moments was finally being able to join. I don't know why, but for a while last year the registration was closed last year. Clicking on the link to sign up resulted in a message stating that joining was closed. As a result I ended up missing out on some stuff I was interested since I couldn't join. But then it re-opened and I signed up.

Which shortly lead to my next favorite moment, getting nominated for the nifty fifty as well as being chosen. :catgirl: That not only surprised the hell out of me but just solidified how much I already liked this place. Even if there are times it frustrates me, in the end the good far outweighs the few negative things. And if I'm totally honest, some of those negatives are from me over reacting. Feh!

The next was asking SunfallE to be my online wife. ;) Or rather getting that pm back from her. I had already been conversing with her over at myO for over ten months and she's one of the main reasons I hang out here. I love reading her posts and hanging out with her.

After that came running my first RPG... The Maze, based on the Labyrinth by Sandy. It was great fun and lead to my next favorite moment. Being a part of the Panopticon. It was an rp that ranged from driving me absolutely wild to being one of the funnest things I've been a part of. lol

And now, currently my favorite moments are in Silver One as well as Survivor, even if I want to clobber Sandy at times. XP And I'm expecting the newest one I've joined Project Starship to end up being one of my favorite moment/things here.

[size=1]That AJeh guy was/is so cool.
So was Marc ... who's a dad now! (I don't remember his OB name ;_; )
And that DeathKnight V4 man.
I always admired PiroMunkie but never got to know him.
Meeting Josh/Shy and his friend at the anime convention. ...although I'm embarassed at myself.
Evelyn/Mist. Bryan/ ...Duo God of Death something. 928301983 Johns. Lia/Amber/SSJ chic ... who I still keep in touch with. Chris. Ashbo/Rain.
I live in fear to this day knowing Raiha lives close enough to me to kick my ***.
Semjaza Azazel.
Crazy White Guy.
James & Adam duh.
And more <3

So much! Wow, it's all coming back![/size]

[quote name='Juuthena'][size=1]Duo God of Death something. Lia/Amber/SSJ chic ... who I still keep in touch with.[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Damn there's a couple of names I haven't heard in awhile. SSJ chic was a really cool cat.

I really miss just role playing in earnest. I don't even know if I was good at it most of the time back then or now but I know that's where a foundation in writing began. Big Brother II was just such a blast between Tori, Kei and I. I never thought that was the event that Flash wanted since we more or less just overran it with this crazy adventure but it was a blast, it is probably the jewel in all the roleplays I've been in.

The plushie version of me was really neat, I remember Tori drew a picture of him one time and I thought that was very nice of her. I don't really consider myself to be the kind of person who constantly wants to be popular, I'm kind of unassuming, but every once in awhile it's interesting to have something you say or do around here get a little bit of spotlight.

Big Brother II, man. Most fun I've ever had on this message board.[/color]

[quote name='Juuthena'][size=1]Wow, it's all coming back![/size][/QUOTE]
[size=1]It's all coming back - including Juujuubean herself. o_o *astonished* I was just typing up a Hall of Fame nominee for you the other day, though it wasn't quite done yet.

My favourite OB Moment ever. Hm. I really loved the Newbie Lounge, whatever you people may say of it. At the moment it was so much fun to call Mist [i]Misty[/i] the whole time to get verbally beat up by a rod, no idea why, now that I think of it.

Though I thought The Complaint to be pretty cool. One post got me a best friend and it almost got me adopted. :] [/size]