OtakuBoards

Favorite OB Moment Ever

Aberinkula

[COLOR="Navy"]Recently serious conflicts have arose. Copycatalyst's ban, [B]Charles [/B]and [B]Sandy's [/B]debate. So we need to revert our minds toward the great side of [B][U]OB[/U][/B], not the bad side. So what has been your favorite moment on [B][U]OB [/U][/B]ever? It could be something funny, dramatic, or it could even be a thread!

Well for me, my favorite moment was when I found out that [B]2007digitalBoy [/B]was Tical Blue! Tical didn't like me that much, but after we met we became friends. When I found out I checked the details. [B]DB [/B]would always post in my stories/poems. Plus, he seemed to have that Tical attitude that I knew. Plus he wanted to string my organs, that made everything obvious.

[COLOR="navy"]Also a character in [B]EsperJam[/B]!, an RP, I named my character Chocolate. (NPC) Well today I made him turn evil. I just happened to put that he turned into Dark Chocolate. Then I realized there was a pun in there![/COLOR]

Anyways, what was your favorite moment on [B][U]OB[/U][/B]? Doesn't matter what it was.[/COLOR]

Hmmmm....That would have to be where I first met Squiggles, in a PM. I made a fight thread and was taking signups and she came like 6 minutes too late. I told her that she could fight me next and from there I became part of her online family and became her bodyguard, which eventually evolved into being her Big Brother/Friend/ Bodyguard. From there, I met her good friend Muar'Dib (who was then Firephoenix at the time) and we all became the closest of friends. We gained another member into our group of misfits when I spun off of Squiggles' thread into my own RPG that lasted over (can't remember the post count) 10 pages, at least. I eventually stopped posting, due to a fire wall that I was too stupid to try and bypass at the time. Me, Squiggles and Muar'Dib kept in touch through Myotaku, which was miraculously unblocked. Eventually I stopped posting there too, which still lingers on to this day....but I have rejoined the boards and have reunited with most of our original group and I must say it feels refereshing to be back to the first boards I truly loved.

Another favorite moment of mine was when Dragon Warrior was talking about changing eye colors and got slammed by another user for having a different opinioin on the subject. I rushed to his defense and gained a new friend from that user instantly...although they probably have changed their username a lot by now.

Although this moment didn't transpire on OB per se, it did involve OB. A user on MyOtaku was speaking about the deteriorating quality of posting within the boards on James' page and I sent quite a lengthy post to Mr James describing my opinions of the boards and how fair judgement should be used for all members. I recieved a lengthy response from James in his next post and I really appreciated him for taking notice in me and taking time away from his normal post to respond to my lengthy post. It shows how much of a people's Admin he is.

Ah the nostalgia.

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]Copycatalyst's ban[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1] I thought that was good, cos flaunting a huge vocabulary [B][I][U] can[/B][/U][/I] help you sometimes, but throwing in the chemistry into your replies, just made his responses more confusing than Honours Chem itself.

but negativity aside, I think my current favourite OB moment was when my little sis [Lava Lamp] made the Pirates V. Ninja thread, although the question remains unanswered, I found some of the replies very funny.[/SIZE]

[size=1][color=blue]Aww! Thanks Korey! :catgirl:

My favorite had to be when Annie became my honorary older sister. I pretty much followed her around everywhere. I worshiped her - still do!

Wait... why'd Copycat get banned?[/size][/color]

He did have some good points for a while, but when it got down to it, his insults were just plain bitter. Why do you criticize the site for everything it does? I even played around with him in a thread and got insulted for no apparent reason...maybe for the reason that he was trying to prove his "superior intellect". Nothing good ever comes out of that.

CopyCatalyst got banned because he berated the site on many occasions, and he insulted the members of the site and seemed to post long winded posts to prove how smart he was and how inferior the rest of us were. Standard banning material if you ask me.

[FONT="Tahoma"]The simple answer is Copycatalyt was banned for throwing his psuedo-intellectual bull around for too damn long, and berating others for not thinking as narrowly and idiotically as he does. Someone who relies on pure linguistics and the hope for the inability of others to call him on his crap because he figured they would be too dazzled by his vocabulary, to get him through to being able to sound intellegent and like he had anything worthy to contribute. To those who actually had the painful displeasure of reading that crap and realizing this, it's a relief. After the first few times, I just stopped assuming that he would have anything worth reading to write...which from what I hear is pretty much the case.

Anyway, good things about OB...well probably all the RPs i've taken part in. I've most definitely have had a hell of a time with [b]The Panopticon[/b], and further back in history, [b]Citius Altius Fortius[/b]. A lot of the parts to [b]Otakuboard Survivor 4[/b] were also fun, though others were plain tedious. A lot of my fondest memories can be found in the Adventure Square, as it's where many of my friends from OB have been made.

I'm sure what will become another one of my favorite moments will be coming up soon, in the form of my new duel with SunfallE in the anthology :p. Shameless plug, wooo. [/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oh lord - being here for 4 years, I have a ton of memories from all kinds of times on OB. I figure I'll only talk about the ones that stand out in my memory, since they'd prolly be the most important. It shall be done chronologically, too, so as to alleve my confusion.

The first major fun I had on OB was in the Trigun sequel that I participated in which was run by The Boss (then Double_B_Daigo). I remember that i stayed up all night on it's last day of life and me and Lone Bebop (I think he's Trigun 11 now) capped it off going back and forth between us. I actually went back and read some parts of this a few days ago - it was OMG bad, but I guess I didn't know beter back then XD It's amazing how rps have improved over the years ^^;;

I remember that the duels I participated in were some of the funnest times I had on OB. Most of the duels I was in were with DBD, Lone Bebop, Ryoko_TDC, and such. i was such a damn godmodder back then...

I also remember an RP I participated in with Annie and Inuyasha_Fandom (god, i never liked that guy >_>) and I almost want to say squiggles but I can't remember any of her old usernames, but she has a familiar style. It was an rp about some kids who were in this school where the teachers had gone crazy and were killing students and stuff - it was weird. At some point stuff started getting sexual and I was too embarassed to keep reading so i killed my character lol. I also remember some battles I had with Annie as well.

Any time that D_W entered the anthology it was a highlight of being on OB. Anything he does is amazing, especially his OB parodies. I will never forget the time at the beginning of the sequel to Otaku Hollow where he wrote me in. I was almost killed by Charles, but instead I moved to California and became an accountant XD

I also remember my rivalry with KKC. I guess that's not really a good memory, but looking back it's freaking hilarious, lol.

Later on, after I got the IP ban and then came back months later I wasn't nearly as active as I'd been before for a while, but then I rmember when I started trying to become D_W's sidekick. I had the 'white mage' avatar and banner and I kept joining all of his rps. Nowadays I know never to join one of D_W's rps, because I cannot remember one ever lasting more than a week >_> the sign-up pages always had great music, though. lol, I remember being all sad that White essentially became D_W's sidekick in the end.

Um... then there was a time where there were no happy times on OB. That was when everything was sucky and my life was miserable...

Then I started hanging out with Ziggy Cygnus 6 Bot (currently Albert Flasher XD) I had always thought he was some old guy since he refused to listen to like anything under 20 years old and he was always talking about how fat he was and he was very intelligent. Turns out he was only 14, lol.

Then there was when I started talking to Blase (now Fyxe, my beautiful wife!). We hit it off almost instantly, lol. Probably cuz we're both such big fans of lesbians XD We talked about some of the weirdest stuff, and she's always been increadibly cool to speak to.

Also around that time was when I assigned myself to criticising Prem, and when Prem unwittingly assigned himself to being my lackey! I remember when I was doing my story about the princess of prostitutes and he was doing his lame story that was a total rip-off of mine XD We always commented on each others work - I gave him good advice, and he said 'those chicks are whores.' Good times.

More recently, since I've been so active on OB, a lot of cool things happened. First and foremost, I married Fyxe! It was cool because I just happened to be enjoying the best weekend ever (I can't remember what was so special that was going on, but I remember being startled by how much fun I was having. Since that weekend i have yet to fall into any major depression, period!) and it was all topped off when on Sunday night, we got married! That was really unforgetable, especially because I was a transvestite, and she was a double-transvestite lol.

Um... and then I guess there was earlier today when Mitch got banned XDDDD naw, I kid.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]The first major fun I had on OB was in the Trigun sequel that I participated in which was run by The Boss (then Double_B_Daigo). I remember that i stayed up all night on it's last day of life and me and Lone Bebop (I think he's Trigun 11 now) capped it off going back and forth between us. I actually went back and read some parts of this a few days ago - it was OMG bad, but I guess I didn't know beter back then XD It's amazing how rps have improved over the years ^^;;[/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=blue]o_O Trigun 11 has always been Trigun 11. And he's a she. Lone Bebop hasn't been here since... Last year?[/size][/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I remember that the duels I participated in were some of the funnest times I had on OB. Most of the duels I was in were with DBD, Lone Bebop, Ryoko_TDC, and such. i was such a damn godmodder back then...[/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=blue]I remember those! Hehe, that is how Mike and I became friends. (You may remember a Skyechild91 or a SailorStar or some such.)[/size][/color]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I also remember an RP I participated in with Annie and Inuyasha_Fandom (god, i never liked that guy >_>) and I almost want to say squiggles but I can't remember any of her old usernames, but she has a familiar style. It was an rp about some kids who were in this school where the teachers had gone crazy and were killing students and stuff - it was weird. At some point stuff started getting sexual and I was too embarassed to keep reading so i killed my character lol. I also remember some battles I had with Annie as well.[/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=blue]Tical? Hmm. I don't remember roleplaying with said name, but I do remember said RPG. And yes, he was obnoxious, wasn't he? That was fun, though. [b]EDIT:[/b] Yes, I just found it. It was called "They had it coming". Jeez, I sucked. o.o

I also remember the awesome times of utter n00b posting. I was SailorStar/Skyechild91 back then. I believe I got banned because I irritated The Harlequin so much. He told me to stop posting one liners so many times I think he wanted to strangle me. I was the creator of the (nearly) legendary Elemental Guardians, which Revelation (then Arika) participated in. It was a [i]lot[/i] of fun. Ooo, Drix was in that one, too. Anyone else remember that?

Then, there came the (very short) era of the [b]Sexy Six[/b]. I think Lilt still has it in her signature. ^_^ It was me, Engel, Ezekiel, Lilt, Sean (don't know what he goes by now), and Anne. We were constantly roleplaying together.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=James]Just wondering if you're interested in joining our staff -- as a moderator in the Nintendo forum.

We'd be happy to have you.

I look forward to your reply. :)

Regards,

James.[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]I think that PM pretty much sums it up for me. After the Padded Room Party (the original one) got closed and I decided to get with the program, I started angling for a staff position by posting well, posting often, and being helpful whenever possible, mainly in the Zelda and Nintendo forums. It paid off when the site was upgraded to v4 and James picked me as one of the new moderators hired during the version change.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'd have to say that being asked to be a staff member by Des was one of my favorite moments. Simply because I wasn't trying to be noticed, or posting with the intent of hoping I would be asked to be a staff member, so it was a complete and total, what the hell, moment. [[SIZE="1"]in a good way of course[/SIZE]] The same goes for when I was asked if I would like to be a category moderator as well. Especially since the Complaint thread was running at the same time with a cry for my removal as a moderator.

But by far one of my favorite moments was shortly after I started on the staff and r2vq, who had been talking to Aaryanna, sent me a pm titled:[B] You're a girl?[/B] I laughed and laughed over that. Since it never occurred to me that people would think I was a guy.:catgirl: [/COLOR]

Please note that I do not mean for this to come off as bitchy or in any way imply that "OB SUCKS!!". If you get that from this, you're not understanding my point.

My favorite moment here was when I stopped being a category moderator. Not because I hate OB or hated it then or anything in that vein. It was just because being a mod on a fairly active site is a [I]pain in the ***.[/I] It took up a lot of time, you never knew what was going to happen, you got constant PMs about who knows what (usually bitchy ones), weird people IMed you out of nowhere and sucked up to you. It was extremely tiresome and, yeah, sometimes you'd get fed up with things and say things you'd probably not say otherwise. I know I'm guilty of it and I'm a pretty patient person otherwise.

When I quit, I just came off of deleting 15 threads from some guy who decided to suddenly post pictures of mutilated genitals and dead people. The game section was slowing down, I had been doing it for a long time, etc. Enough was enough. It was also an age where I just found myself a lot more active elsewhere in my general life.

Afterwards, I think it puts you in a position where perhaps you appreciate the concept of a moderator more than you would have if you never were a mod. It also makes you appreciate being a normal member a Hell of a lot more. It's just a load off of your mind, I guess.

I'd certainly never want to deal with it again lol. Kudos to anyone that does it now.

Other than that, I have nothing specific.

[size=1]Man... I don't know. I guess my first awesome OB moments happened around three years ago, when I was one of the more known graphic artists on here. A lot of people came to me for banner/avi sets, and I guess one of my most effective hits was when I made a Subaru banner from .hack//SIGN and almost everyone commented on how great it was. Haha. I loved having PhotoShop back then, it made me feel really good to be able to make pretty things for others. :)

Then I was in a Rurouni Kenshin RPG awhile ago, which was the best RPG experience I've ever had. It was just so funny and random, and I made a lot of good friends thru it. We also had a sequel, which was equally entertaining. I think those are the only RPGs I've been in that actually ended.
I made two of my best friends thru that, and I still talk to them to this day.

Then I guess meeting [b]2007DigitalBoy[/b] was one of my better moments too. I mean, I think back when I was Conna_da_fox I talked to him when he had some other name... I don't remember which. But, I had long forgot about that, and then I started talking to him via PMs when he was Tical, for reasons I don't remember. :p
But, you know, he's probably one of my best friends online. Despite his infamy, I still love him. Haha.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkRed"]There are quite a few that come to mind. Mitch getting banned three times. The banning of Taylor Hewitt. These memories also include meeting every single friend that I have here. Then, all the memories with them. Like Syk3 and his biatch, Shinmaru. Shinmaru had to make several sammiches. Desbreko and his supernads are another. Queen Asuka and her plushies. The Adam's Angels getting mad at me for creating Charlie's Angels. Talking with a few members on the phone or via snail mail. Meeting Battosai and chatting obsessively about samurai. Charles, me, and Vampire Ed pawning several in the rap battle thread, which lead to the battle forum's demise. Also, seeing the picture forum get trashed, ha!

But, my top memory is meeting Charles. We plan to meet in real life, heh. Anyways, he is the greatest friend ever and I value his friendship very much. I am very lucky to have a guy like him.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Getting my Nifty the year before last was pretty cool, and actually ties in with what Alan has posted above me, given that I won it with the help of that little catchphrase he so vehemently detested. ;)[/SIZE]

[quote name='DeadSeraphim'][size=1][color=indigo][font=arial]Making Gavin stop using his ****** catchphrase. Unfortunately, all evidence of it got deleted.[/font][/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The second I saw this thread and saw you'd posted, I pretty much knew you'd said that. I feel honoured in a weird way that your favourite moment is getting me to stop using that phrase.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Semjaza']My favorite moment here was when I stopped being a category moderator. Not because I hate OB or hated it then or anything in that vein. It was just because being a mod on a fairly active site is a [I]pain in the ***.[/I] It took up a lot of time, you never knew what was going to happen, you got constant PMs about who knows what (usually bitchy ones), weird people IMed you out of nowhere and sucked up to you. It was extremely tiresome and, yeah, sometimes you'd get fed up with things and say things you'd probably not say otherwise. I know I'm guilty of it and I'm a pretty patient person otherwise.

Afterwards, I think it puts you in a position where perhaps you appreciate the concept of a moderator more than you would have if you never were a mod. It also makes you appreciate being a normal member a Hell of a lot more. It's just a load off of your mind, I guess.[/QUOTE][color=#db2007]Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about.

That incident with the stolen phone was pretty funny.[/color]

[quote name='Sara'][COLOR=#db2007]That incident with the stolen phone was pretty funny.[/COLOR][/quote] Ooh. I was going to say The Complaint thread, but that definitely takes a far second to the Razr incident. That guy was scared out of his wits. XD

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]

Also around that time was when I assigned myself to criticising Prem, and when Prem unwittingly assigned himself to being my lackey! I remember when I was doing my story about the princess of prostitutes and he was doing his lame story that was a total rip-off of mine XD We always commented on each others work - I gave him good advice, and he said 'those chicks are whores.' Good times.

[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Navy"]And we'll still be mega-pervs I guess. Well mostly you and your lolicon addiction! But transvestite DB? I just hope you don't write a biography called, [B]The Life and Times of a Teenage Drama King[/B]. But then again if you did, I'd probably read it... >_>

But I think I can recall he first time I met you, here's a summery: your writing is crap, you need practice! there we go. I also remember your heart felt apology after going to far in one of the stories.
[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="Navy"]But transvestite DB? I just hope you don't write a biography called, [B]The Life and Times of a Teenage Drama King[/B]. But then again if you did, I'd probably read it... >_>
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[size=1]That sounds like something I'd write.[/size]

[color=#606060]I have a lot of favourite moments, I don't think I could choose just one.

Here are a few that come to mind though:

[b]OB v3 Launch:[/b] This was a really triumphant time for OtakuBoards. We'd been through a complete mess with the end of v2...there were too many problems and neither Adam nor I really had the desire to try to fix them. It was more logical to start fresh. Not only did all the members return and re-register...but [i]more[/i] registered than before. It was a new beginning for OB.

[b]v7 Launch:[/b] Yeah, another launch. Our current version. This version is our longest-lasting and probably our most successful. A large part of our history has happened on this version...it will be kind of sad to see it go.

[b]Maverick Hunters:[/b] Apart from the fact that Personification is still going after several years...this series is really nostalgic for me. It's probably the longest-running RPG series on OB. It's been really fun to post in and to read as well - definitely some of the best fun I've had at OB.

[b]Kill Adam:[/b] I think I was lucky that some of the very best writers I've ever seen on OB (and probably in general on the Internet) participated in this one. It was definitely just as fun to read as to post in...I think I will remember it forever. Shy and I discussed the future of it recently - hopefully we can finish Volume II; that'd be quite an achievement.

[b]The People:[/b] There are just too many people to name...but honestly, I've met so many wonderful people through OB over the years and it's made my life all the better. The people are by far the best thing about this site - they're what make it fun (and sometimes frustrating! Hehe)[/color]

[size=1]Oh man, when John pwnd the hell out of DaSilva, my life aquired new meaning. I was at that point an OtakuRanger. Unfortunate, the group was pretty ad hoc and died shortly after. Sometimes I think we should've pushed to make actual contact with the authorities. Speaking of this incident, it still doesn't have an Otakupedia entry.

Aside from that, my favorite moment (narcissistic thought it may be) was my turn to typographic art. By doing that, I became more liked and well known. But since becoming a hardass mod, my popularity has taken a serious hit. So I like to look back to the glory days, while simultaneously trying to lighten up around here.[/size]

[quote name='Retribution'][size=1]Oh man, when John pwnd the hell out of DaSilva, my life aquired new meaning. I was at that point an OtakuRanger. Unfortunate, the group was pretty ad hoc and died shortly after. Sometimes I think we should've pushed to make actual contact with the authorities. Speaking of this incident, it still doesn't have an Otakupedia entry.
[/size][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]There's one written, but I've noticed Charles doesn't usually update unless there's a lot to add. Te razr incident was the only new article since the last Otakupedia announcement, heh.[/color]

Best moments were probably when I actually used to talk to people on here, rather than wander in and out like a ghost every couple of years. I tend to miss rather a lot lol.

I remember Maverick Hunters! That was really cool. I don't have time for stuff like that anymore. Not that I don't care, but I physically do not have time or energy for it these days.

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Semjaza;782526]Please note that I do not mean for this to come off as bitchy or in any way imply that "OB SUCKS!!". If you get that from this, you're not understanding my point. [/QUOTE]No danger of that. Heh.[quote name='Semjaza']My favorite moment here was when I stopped being a category moderator. Not because I hate OB or hated it then or anything in that vein. It was just because being a mod on a fairly active site is a [I]pain in the ***.[/I'] It took up a lot of time, you never knew what was going to happen, you got constant PMs about who knows what (usually bitchy ones), weird people IMed you out of nowhere and sucked up to you. [/quote]I haven't reached that point, of wanting to stop being a moderator, but I do understand what you are saying. It's something I never really thought about when I accepted the offer to be one. And there are times that those bitchy pm's are a surprise. As well as the people who IM you wanting you to join their forum or some other such nonsense. lol

Anyway, I can certainly see the appeal to being able to sign in and not have to worry about anything beyond reading what was posted. Because in the end, that's what I enjoy most about being here. Once I'm done with anything that requires attention that is.[quote name='Semjaza']Afterwards, I think it puts you in a position where perhaps you appreciate the concept of a moderator more than you would have if you never were a mod. It also makes you appreciate being a normal member a Hell of a lot more. It's just a load off of your mind, I guess.[/QUOTE]That's also another one of my favorite things about OB, those members who understand or rather appreciate that at times we do put up with a lot of nonsense. lol But then that's part of what drew me here in the first place. I positively loved how porn and stuff like flaming was always dealt with instead of being allowed to take hold and be a royal pain in the butt. And though I enjoy dealing with it at the moment, I know when the time comes I'll definately appreciate whoever is doing it once I'm no longer a mod myself. :)

*cough* Though I'm still to busy enjoying stalking Des for that to happen anytime soon. lol[/COLOR]

You guys should've been moderators back when the site wasn't so well organized. Aye...

Anyway, I've got six years under my belt here at OB, and I think that tops everyone. Or at least, everyone I know of. 'Cept Adam. I could write a book about the first two or three.

I remember Shinji and the 'take over.' I worked my way in with him, got full Admin status then totally shut him and his buddies out of the Board. That was back in the days of theotaku.com/boards, though.

Then, I was a SuperMod. I think that's called a Catagory Mod now or something. Then, I quit. Then, I came back as a Mod of General Discussion(Otaku Lounge).

Not long thereafter, Jenna(BabyGirl) sort of dropped off, as I had begun to. She being my only close friend on the Boards at that point, and with life offline calling, I basically left.

I made several comeback over the years. The most recent being the most stable. And here I am. I just kind of wish I still knew who some people were. Either many names have changed, or I'm one of about five or so still around from the ye olden days.

Favorite OB moment? The stories me and Jenna used to write together.

...and the bebbies...

-Justin