OtakuBoards

To many FF

AngelWings

Do you think there are too many Final Fantasys?\

im a big time of fan of Final Fantasy.that is one of the coolest rpg games out there.but i think they should stop making more ff games cause they are just going to make the game stupid.I think they should have stoped at 10 but they already have 12 caoming out.i don't know when 12 and 11 are coming out.
i heard 12 or 11 is for computer.
my opinion 9 wasn't that good and 7&8 was the best ones i'vce ever played

So what do you think about Square Soft making to many games for Final Fantasys

Actually, FF XI will be online on PS2. It's always possible they could port one to a PC like they did with FF VII and FFVIII, but we'll have to wait and see.

I personally don't think that there are too many Final Fantasies because the developers retain the magic through each release with change. Granted, if they kept the same battle system, central characters, world, etc. the series would become stale. However, with time Final Fantasy has evolved. Look at Final Fantasy X. It brings to the table many firsts for the series such as fully(well almost) 3D polygonal graphics, voice acting, and the sphere grid. It also ditches the ATB system.

The Final Fanstasy series would only grow old if Square truly let it. However, just as how Miyamoto evolves Mario with each release, and Yuji Naka evolves Sonic, SQUARE will continue to evolve Final Fantasy. It is a staple series among roleplaying games that constantly breaks sales records world wide. Final Fantasy VII actually opened the door for more RPGs in America (RPGs previously did not sell well here). Don't expect it to end anytime soon.

I think there is too many games for this title. I mean, how many games have reached, in a sequal, to 9?! None that I know of, except this one. But even though I think there are too many games for it, I do say that they are all good games. :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Squashed Snail [/i]
[B]I think there is too many games for this title. I mean, how many games have reached, in a sequal, to 9?! None that I know of, except this one. But even though I think there are too many games for it, I do say that they are all good games. :D [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=red]Thats a good sign it got up to IX...

imagine in the future...

Final Fantasy CXIII[/COLOR]

I hav just started gettin into the ff thing, but already, i kno it will continue to succeed from what I hav seen of it so far. Many people like it, and ffx is one of the best games I own. The best part about it is that with every new ff, the story and characters change completly, keeping me wondering if they should even hav a name to call each final fantasy game part of the series. I hear that they hav come out with ffXI in Japan, but i do not kno if this is true.

I don't know if there are any games that have 9 in their title, although if nintendo wanted to they could have had a Super Mario Bros. 9 if they just kept on counting. I think it's more creative if you give it differnt names instead of just to keep counting.

I havn't got 10 yet, but I just ordered it off the internet a few hours ago, and I've only played 4 of them. I think that FF is a great game, although I would probably prefer a new Chrono Trigger game. I still think Chrono Cross is the game with the best story line, and it has over 40 characters to build a great story out of.

Bottom line is that if it got to 15 I would probably get tired of them.

Snail, just wanna comment on ur thing bout how no other game has ever reached 9th and still going strong, if u count all the Sonic games ever made, and all the Mario games ever made, u'll see how Final Fantasy is still kinda new to the game scene. Anyways, na, I've played most of the FF's ever released. Either on a ROM, or on the system, I've played almost all of them. By the way, my fav in the series is 7, 9 is my least fav, cause it really really sucked! 8 was ok, I liked the ending, and I loved the ending song:love: I have 10, but my parents went out of town, and took the PS2, cause their's a TV in our van, and my lil bro and sis like playin games in there, and watching movies! Anyways, so far, I like FFX, and I want to see how they do FF11(i dun know the roman numerals very well), I bet they'll have a online/offline mode, like they did with Phantasy Star Online, but what I really want to know is if u can get other characters into ur group, not like other ppl playin other char's, but computer char's and all. And what i really like bout FFX is that it'll be hard for ppl to cheat and get all the most powerful moves in the game! I mean, with that locking system for the sphere's, it'll be hard to unlock every lock sphere. That, and last time i played, i ran out of those spheres that let u learn new moves/spells! And what I really like bout the sphere system is that u can have ppl move into new area's, that way, u can have a whitemage/blackmage/warrior/theive/whatever else is on there!

I wonder how FF will evolve as the years pass...I'll be surprised if I'm in my mid 30's playing a copy of FinalFantasyXXX (30) on some PS5 or something...eh it probably won't last that long...(The FF series I mean...). But I think Sakaguchi steps down at FFX...no more being a loaner from now on...so new people will probably continue the series with new and original stories and all...

It may continue forever Rico, it may go on till we die, or it may die when whats his name, the creator of FF dies. But one things for sure, no one who played a FF game will forget about it. Thats for sure!

[SIZE=1]Fair comment. But personally, I don't think about Final Fantasy dying out in the gaming industry. This may sound a lil' O.T.T but Final Fantasy is more than a game to me. If it was to go that far, I have a feeling they'd go back to the original style, unlike having online capabilites, from the number of payment complaints from gamers.[/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Steiner
they wouldnt keep making them if people like u would stop buying them.

Im not saying not to buy them its just u should stop whining about it and just play them.:flaming:

and personaly i hope they bring 20 more out.