stardust Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 I play flute in my school band,what do u play??
Sara Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]Well, I was forced to play recorder for four years of my life. x.X Recorders...::shudder:: I'm emotionally scarred from that... I now play B[i]b[/i] clarinet for Band...and sometimes, [b]alto clarinet[/b], which is way cool! Low woodwinds rock! [/FONT]
Fall Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 I used to play the trombone, but now I play the keyboard. :D
Sara Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]Also, I play handbells. And, I'm in "Praise Team." It's this little group that sings contemp. Christian music for chapel and stuff. Wheee! Music is my life, lol :D I want a music smiley! ::runs off to find/make one::[/FONT]
stardust Posted January 1, 2002 Author Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]Well, I was forced to play recorder for four years of my life. x.X Recorders...::shudder:: I'm emotionally scarred from that... [/quote] yeah,I had to play that 4 2 years,it's very bad sounding,almost as bad as our trumpets!lol
Fall Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 Ugh, recorder. We had to play that in year 2 at school. I hate it now..... :flaming: :mad:
Sara Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i] [B] yeah,I had to play that 4 2 years,it's very bad sounding,almost as bad as our trumpets!lol [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Gah! Trumpets! Don't get me wrong, I love MOST of our trumpet section dearly...but, one bad apple..... I canNOT stand our first trumpet. ::sighs:: Oh, well. At least i only have one class with him this year. [/FONT] :devil: [FONT=century gothic]He's a year above me, but in my kid sister's algebra class. Wheeeee![/FONT]
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]Recorders...::shudder::[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] [color=indigo]Ahhh.... the recorder! I think everyone played a recorder, or a cardboard violin, in elementary school. [Both sound horrible.. ten-fold, when an eight year old plays] Or, it may just be me.... :cross:[/color]
stardust Posted January 1, 2002 Author Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]Gah! Trumpets! Don't get me wrong, I love MOST of our trumpet section dearly...but, one bad apple..... I canNOT stand our first trumpet. ::sighs:: Oh, well. At least i only have one class with him this year. [/FONT] :devil: [FONT=century gothic]He's a year above me, but in my kid sister's algebra class. Wheeeee![/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] yep,we have a couple bad trumpets not mentioning any names *cough*David*cough*
Sara Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [FONT=century gothic]Ye gods! I had to play that [i]too[/i]! Thanks for tearing open old wounds..... But, I only had to play the violin thingy in second grade. I had to play flutaphone [what kinda dumb name is [i]that[/i]???] in second, and recorders...with a music director i could not STAND in third, fourth, fifth, and sixth grade. And she made us play the things in performances...that everyone, audience, parents, students, and teachers, hated.. Gah...if ever i go into the field of world-domination....Recorders, my friends, shall be the first things to go. [/FONT] ;) :devil:
Sara Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by stardust [/i] [B] yep,we have a couple bad trumpets not mentioning any names *cough*David*cough* [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]The thing is...he's an [i]excellent[/i] trumpet player..... but a complete egotiostical-arrogant-incompetent jerk.[/FONT]
stardust Posted January 1, 2002 Author Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i] [B][FONT=century gothic]The thing is...he's an [i]excellent[/i] trumpet player..... but a complete egotiostical-arrogant-incompetent jerk.[/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE] lol,david's an idiot,need I say more *though,I must admit,I think he's cute*
Pastbyer Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 Umm... A lot actually. Though I've forgot most of them. Right now it's recorder (scary, I know), piano & keyboard.
SSJ5 Vegeta Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 I play the drums. Not in a school band or anything, just play, and me and my friend are starting a band.
Matt.D Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [color=rainbow] I used to play trumpet,but my band teacher was an :butthead: so I quitted. I didn't really enjoy playing it either.[/color]
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [color=indigo]I've played the trumpet for 16yrs. (e gads, thats longer then some of you have been alive...). I also play the piano (just a little) and the guitar (I think I'm gonna be a rock star....foolish ambitions::sigh::)[/color]
Charles Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 Did you ever know one of those kids that wanted something just because it was more expensive? Yeah, I was like that and I learned a valuable lesson. I had to choose between playing the Alto and Tenor saxophone. Upon seeing that the Tenor costed more, I picked it. When I got it, it was just as big as I was. Hehe, it was kind of funny, a little fourth grade kid lugging around an instrument that had a case that he could fit in. Suffice to say, I picked the Alto the very next year...
Anna Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 I play the drums. I'm on the drumline in marching band ([i]1st[/i] snare ;) [heh, I'm allowed to be proud of that]) and I also play the drum set. I'm not in a band, but I have people come over every once in a while and we jam out. Me and these three friends of mine did a show back in November. Not very major, and not very clean, but it's a start. Problem is, only a few people around here know how to play guitar, bass, etc. It'd be fun to be in a band tho......... *sigh* it's tons of fun. Anyway, besides drums, I [i]know how[/i] to play paino and guitar (accoustic).
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 i've been playing guitar & piano since i was born, practically. my family is really musical. i also play the bass, violin, sax, & flute. i know how to play the trumpet, but i'm not very good. i've been in 4 rock bands, but i'm not in one right now. i want to start a riot grrrl band, but i don't know a female drummer. whadoya say, anna?
RicoTranzrig Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 Hmm...I play the Guitar and Piano...which I'm pretty good at. I haven't been in a band yet (unless church counts)...but I do compose music on computer and on the piano...
Anna Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]i've been playing guitar & piano since i was born, practically. my family is really musical. i also play the bass, violin, sax, & flute. i know how to play the trumpet, but i'm not very good. i've been in 4 rock bands, but i'm not in one right now. i want to start a riot grrrl band, but i don't know a female drummer. whadoya say, anna? [/B][/QUOTE] Heh, sounds great to me! That'd be awesome........ *sighs, daydreams* ahhh, if only, mm? ^_^
stardust Posted January 1, 2002 Author Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt.D [/i] [B][color=rainbow] I used to play trumpet,but my band teacher was an :butthead: so I quitted. I didn't really enjoy playing it either.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE] I hate my current band teacher,there's two,but u know,I always get the one I hate:sleep: he's so perfectionist,he spends half the class w/ one section
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anna [/i] [B] Heh, sounds great to me! That'd be awesome........ *sighs, daydreams* ahhh, if only, mm? ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE] i'll look you up next time i'm in georgia. i'm going to be down there this summer, i think.
PiroMunkie Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [SIZE=1]"I've got a dalmation, I can still get high, I can play the guitar like a mother ****in' riot." Sublime [i]What I Got[/i] Well, I can't play it like that but I do play :p[/SIZE]
Zidargh Posted January 1, 2002 Posted January 1, 2002 [SIZE=1]I play the alto saxophone. I'm soon gonna join the school band, there's no reason I play it though. It's ok .[/SIZE]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now