Which would win?  

1. 1. Which would win?

• The Unstoppable Force
    • The Immovable Object
    • Both

Guest Twisted Face
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tetsuo [/i]
[B]

you pretty much just reitterated what twisted said. [/B][/QUOTE]thanks man, your the only truly good person here

[B]

im taking physics AP (advanced placement for all you losers that don't know) and there is no such thing for either the only unstoppable force is the speed of light and nothing can ever achieve the speed of lght because its density would drasticly increase which would make it immoveable. so that would make it all the same thing. the immovable object is the unstoppable force.

this is the theory of Tetsuo [/B][/QUOTE]

Since light is the only thing that has achieved light's speed, then we can assume that is true going off of what Einstien said about an object going at the speed of light turning into energy. The only thing I know that is even close to stopping light is a black hole, because not even light can escape its gravitatial pull. Let's make this more interesting, shall we? Let's say that the black hole is our immovable object and light is our moving object or unstoppable force. We can do this because there were no set constants put into this hypothetical question. Light, as we know, travels at great sppeds, and crosses our know solar system (the sun to Pluto) in a relitively short time especially compared to the time it take for us to get a satelite out there. What would we have to say then? We know that light gets pulled into the black hole, but what happens to it then? We are still staying within the defined problem, but in this case, the immovable object has conquered the forever moving object or the unstopable force(to our knowledge at least).

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Alexander [/i]
[B]Which would win, [size=1]an unstoppable force, or a immovable object?[/size][/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1]Since when are they combating?[/size]

They'd meet somewhere in the middle, site down together, and have some hot green tea. [i]Can't we all just, get along?[/i]

[B]im taking physics AP (advanced placement for all you losers that don't know) and there is no such thing for either the only unstoppable force is the speed of light and nothing can ever achieve the speed of lght because its density would drasticly increase which would make it immoveable. so that would make it all the same thing. the immovable object is the unstoppable force.

this is the theory of Tetsuo [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]That makes sense enough. For it is also known that anything traveling at the speed of light stops in time, it won't age. And since it won't age it will go on forever, cause it can't die because it's Unstoppable. And since it is Unstoppable, you aren't going to be able to [i]move[/i] it from its path, thus it is also the Object. So the Immovable Object is just the physical (I hate to use the same word within the deifintion but) object that is stopped in time, it the thing that doesn't age. The Unstoppable Force is the Power, the Momentum, the Inertia, that this Immovable Object is creating while it is moving at the speed of light.

It's all becoming clear now. Just because something is Immovable doesn't mean that it isn't moving itself, it just can't be moved from its position or path.

By george, I think we've got it. The Unstoppable Force [i]is[/i] the Immovable Object! :genius:[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]That makes sense enough. For it is also known that anything traveling at the speed of light stops in time, it won't age. And since it won't age it will go on forever, cause it can't die because it's Unstoppable. And since it is Unstoppable, you aren't going to be able to [i]move[/i] it from its path, thus it is also the Object. So the Immovable Object is just the physical (I hate to use the same word within the deifintion but) object that is stopped in time, it the thing that doesn't age. The Unstoppable Force is the Power, the Momentum, the Inertia, that this Immovable Object is creating while it is moving at the speed of light.

It's all becoming clear now. Just because something is Immovable doesn't mean that it isn't moving itself, it just can't be moved from its position or path.

By george, I think we've got it. :genius:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

I see the logic in that statement, but what if time were conquered by the speed of light, then causing light, which was the unstoppable force to then become the immovable object according to what was said about an immovable object not being able to be moved by force by will (strange coming from light, but this is all hypothetical). So, this could end up having light trying to conquer itself. By George, [b][i]really[/i][/b] think we've got it! :genius: The next challenge is to either challenge e equals mc squared or conquering time travel. J/k

[B][SIZE=1]It's all becoming clear now. Just because something is Immovable doesn't mean that it isn't moving itself, it just can't be moved from its position or path.

By george, I think we've got it. The Unstoppable Force [i]is[/i] the Immovable Object! :genius:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]@.@

::steals tylenol bottle back from Justin::

Well, I'm glad [i]that's[/i] all cleared up.

AE--NO! Don't! [i]Please!!![/i][/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]@.@

::steals tylenol bottle back from Justin::

Well, I'm glad [i]that's[/i] all cleared up.

AE--NO! Don't! [i]Please!!![/i][/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

You have to help find the ultimate question and answer to life, teh universe, and everything! Oh yea, and help conquer the limits of time and once and for all prove or disprove Einstien's e=mcc squared.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anime Elf [/i]
[B]I see the logic in that statement, but what if time were conquered by the speed of light, then causing light, which was the unstoppable force to then become the immovable object according to what was said about an immovable object not being able to be moved by force by will (strange coming from light, but this is all hypothetical). So, this could end up having light trying to conquer itself. By George, [b][i]really[/i][/b] think we've got it! :genius: The next challenge is to either challenge e equals mc squared or conquering time travel. J/k [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Lol, wow, whoever thought science could be so fun :cross: But there is a problem with your post here. The very first sentence. In my explanation above, Light has already conquered Time. It has done so by stopping the objects movement in Time by moving at the speed of light. This Phenomena as which it can only be described really, is stopped in time because it moves at the speed of light. And because it has stopped aging, it has become that state of Zero I mentioned earlier, just not in the same sense I thought it was at the time. So its last is infinite because I won't age so it won't die. And this infinite state of Zero, combined with its Force make it Unstoppable. Unless, it were to meet an even stronger Phenomena, its increased power coming from that it moves faster then Light. BUT, if you move faster than light then you bend time and end up somewhere else at a different time. So it's not possible that these to Phenomenas will ever meet. So each of these are all Unstoppable Forces and Immovable Objects in their own respective area.

Yup yup, we have solved it I do believe.[/SIZE]

[B][SIZE=1]So what I'm saying here is the if something is Immovable by it's basic nature it's going to remain immovable. And same with Unstoppable. If and when the Force and Object would meet, the Force could transfer it's momentum, but the Object may not accept it, it'll just repel it. And that's when this supposed chemical reaction would occur. Where -2 + 2 = 0 And you get that void as forementioned.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

:flaming: :devil::demon: actually i dont think it would be like that but simmilar the forces would then become neutralized. like mixing and acid with a base of similar strength. it can be dangerous if using the wrong chemicals. but when done properly the reaction between the two will neutralize the potency of the other. making it harmless. say we have the equivilent of lemon juice (acid), if we combine the two they become neutral equally combined the acid and the base cancel each others potency.

now someone was saying earlier about if we got an object to move beyond the speed of light. well that is impossible because then it would begin traveling against time or back in time. and that would take it back to when it was created. but that is impossible because as something increases speed it also increases in density. and it would be compact but it's weight would increase inversely and squared to its density. its like saying an object the size of a pea with the weight of the planet jupiter. now how will something of that weight move?

[B][SIZE=1]Just as anything that's Immovable is Immovable. And who says that this Immovable Object can be grinded through? Nowhere along the line did it say that.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
Well, maybe "grinded" wasn't the proper terminology, I meant that perhaps the unstoppable force could push its way through the immovable object. Or, if that isn't possible, then maybe the unstoppable force would work its way off of the immovable object over a period of time. Thus, the immovable object hasn't been moved, and the unstoppable force, hasn't been stopped.

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]
Well, maybe "grinded" wasn't the proper terminology, I meant that perhaps the unstoppable force could push its way through the immovable object. Or, if that isn't possible, then maybe the unstoppable force would work its way off of the immovable object over a period of time. Thus, the immovable object hasn't been moved, and the unstoppable force, hasn't been stopped.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

:flaming: :devil: :demon: im begining to like your reasoning like many others in here. i like having these intelligent conversations with people.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

I was so messed up last night, I didn't even want to think about this topic seriously... however, your suggestion to the paradox is a really good one.... I'm surprised I didn't think of it... LOL.... In other words, I agree with this smart guy. *points*

[B]its like saying an object the size of a pea with the weight of the planet jupiter. now how will something of that weight move?[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Well look at Jupiter, it's not the size of a pea but it has the same weight since this is what you compared it to. Jupiter moves and had to be moving at some point in time or else it wouldn't be orbiting the Sun. It would rather just be sitting still. Though it [i]was[/i] moving at some point and along the lines it got caught in the Sun's gravitational pull causing it to orbit. And Jupiter still continues to move forward. It doesn't matter how big something is, if you put that forementioned pea in outspace, we could move it, because its weight (or at least a lot of it) would be gone because of the zero gravity.[/SIZE]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin[/i]
[b]Well, maybe "grinded" wasn't the proper terminology, I meant that perhaps the unstoppable force could push its way through the immovable object. Or, if that isn't possible, then maybe the unstoppable force would work its way off of the immovable object over a period of time. Thus, the immovable object hasn't been moved, and the unstoppable force, hasn't been stopped.

-Justin[/b][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]I see you're point, [i]but[/i] then again. Who says that the Immovable Object is penetrable? Although, no one ever said it wasn't. I do see your reason here, and yes, I understand now.

And the only way the Force could work its way of the Object, is if it were not a head-on collision that occured. If the Force hit the Object straight, the Force would not move from its spot, and neither would the Object. Unless the Force was moving itself, like if the Force came in the shape of a sphere and it was rotating and hit it straight on, its rotation [i]would[/i] eventually work the Force's way off the Object.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Anime Elf [/i]
[B]You have to help find the ultimate question and answer to life, teh universe, and everything! [/B][/QUOTE][FONT=century gothic]Question: Wht do you get when you multiply six and nine?

Answer: Forty-Two

There, now everyone's happy![/FONT]

Well, my theory would be that force would just bounce off the object and keep heading in the angle it boucned off at. So all you have to do is imagine light hitting a wall and it would bounce off. If you wanted to be a little more realictic since a wall isn't exactly immovable, just replace the wall with the center of the universe. Also how could the force "grind" though the object if we never stated if the force had any power behind it, for all we know it was just a wave (such as light) that hit the object.

However if force was a radiowave it would go straight though the object and keep going, but the wave could be beaten since it goes out in a triangular shape from where it was sent and it would slowly spread out and disapate until the wave was so small that it didn't have any force. Kinda like this-

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
<.... .. ... .. . . . . . . . . . . . .
<...... . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .
<< ...... . . . . . . . . . . . .
<.. ..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
<.... ... ... .. .. .. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

My little picture might not have turned out right but imagine a triangle with a core (the tip) that gets wider with no difinete base and it just gets thiner and thiner as it goes.

BTW radio waves travel at the speed of light also.

[QUOTE]Well look at Jupiter, it's not the size of a pea but it has the same weight since this is what you compared it to. Jupiter moves and had to be moving at some point in time or else it wouldn't be orbiting the Sun. It would rather just be sitting still. Though it was moving at some point and along the lines it got caught in the Sun's gravitational pull causing it to orbit. And Jupiter still continues to move forward. It doesn't matter how big something is, if you put that forementioned pea in outspace, we could move it, because its weight (or at least a lot of it) would be gone because of the zero gravity. [/QUOTE]

:flaming: :devil: :demon: Remember thebig bang theory? well thats how jupiter and all the other thing in the universe came about. jupiter wasnt just there floating around and got caught in the sun's gravitational pull. it was made at the same time as the sun. and it rotates because thats the way our galaxy is. we are in an eliptical galaxy.

[QUOTE]BTW radio waves travel at the speed of light also.[/QUOTE]

radio waves are sound waves right? well i know that to break the sound barrier we have to get something to reach 400 mph. but i'm not sure that radio waves really are just normal sound waves. its just a guess.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B][FONT=century gothic]Question: Wht do you get when you multiply six and nine?

Answer: Forty-Two

There, now everyone's happy![/FONT] [/B][/QUOTE]

Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide, I presume.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tetsuo[/i]
[B] Remember thebig bang theory? well thats how jupiter and all the other thing in the universe came about. jupiter wasnt just there floating around and got caught in the sun's gravitational pull. it was made at the same time as the sun. and it rotates because thats the way our galaxy is. we are in an eliptical galaxy.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't believe in the Big Bang theory (no matter how funny it make the Gnab Gib). It's just to random, and the odds against everything happening the way it is and the perfect placement of Earth etc are nearly impossible.

[B]Remember thebig bang theory? well thats how jupiter and all the other thing in the universe came about. jupiter wasnt just there floating around and got caught in the sun's gravitational pull. it was made at the same time as the sun. and it rotates because thats the way our galaxy is. we are in an eliptical galaxy.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Yes I do remember the Big Bang Theory, and it is just that, a theory. It has never been proven. :p[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]Yes I do remember the Big Bang Theory, and it is just that, a theory. It has never been proven. [/QUOTE]

how about the theory of relativity. we have been conversing about it for a while, you seem to agree with that theory, why does the big bang sound unreasonable. we have proven that the big bang actually occured. there are satellites and telescopes that show proof. when we listen to our radios, those stations that have nothing but static is produced by the energy that passed all those billions of years ago. im looking into my old physics book right now.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tetsuo:[B]
radio waves are sound waves right? well i know that to break the sound barrier we have to get something to reach 400 mph. but i'm not sure that radio waves really are just normal sound waves. its just a guess.[/QUOTE] [/B]

Sorry if I can't explain this but radio waves travel at the speed of light, but I got a good example. Ever heard of a HAM radio operators? My dad's one of them and he sometimes talks to people on the other side of the world. Time between each person talks, fractions of a second or as long as the person needs to think. If it where the speed of sound it would take at around 10 seconds or more.

BTW I always though the speed of sound was over 700mph, but that can change because sound travels slower in water and doesn't travel at all in a vacum.

Now I'm confused. If the unstoppable force reached the speed of light, and became so dense it couldn't move, then it no longer could move at the speed of light. It'd be stationary. Which means it's density'd go down again and the cycle'd just go on.

Now... about that time travel...:D

[QUOTE]Now I'm confused. If the unstoppable force reached the speed of light, and became so dense it couldn't move, then it no longer could move at the speed of light. It'd be stationary. Which means it's density'd go down again and the cycle'd just go on. [/QUOTE]

:flaming: :devil: :demon:
no it just means that it cannot achieve the speed of light it would take too much energy to push that object at that velocity. it wouldnt stop moving because of newton's law of conservation of energy. ill explain that later but first i have to eat and i will get back to this later.