woody Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 My parent give me two choices. 1. I have to joint the army 2. I have to go on a vacation in the summer (more like boarding school) Which one should I go to? I don't have a choice or speak for myself. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:
Anna Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 Erm, interesting options.... ?? Well, joining the army would be a more long-term commitment I believe, and would affect you beyond a couple of years,.... never know what might happen, esp. at this point in time. Boarding school may not sound like beaches in the sun, but it doesn't sound as bad as the army. I guess it all boils down to what you want, and what you'd be willing to sacrifice, and what your priorities are. Hope this helped. :)
Guest Saiyaman Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 Army : Your fighting for your country. Funds are paid for and it depands what branch. Vaction : Your just learning things. Sitting on your bons. I would go with Vaction because unless your a brave one your not cut for the army. But Army is a better choice. So I can't choose.
Guest Voodookanaka Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 depends what in the army. id like to do what my cuz does n box 4 the army.
Guest Akito Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 Join the army!!! It's soooo l33t!! U get to blow stuff up without getting in trouble!! And, u get free stuff! But I would join the Marine Corps., u get a signing bonus, then after bootcamp, u get an even bigger bonus for finishing it! Go for the Marines if I were u!
woody Posted January 2, 2002 Author Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i] [B]Join the army!!! It's soooo l33t!! U get to blow stuff up without getting in trouble!! And, u get free stuff! But I would join the Marine Corps., u get a signing bonus, then after bootcamp, u get an even bigger bonus for finishing it! Go for the Marines if I were u! [/B][/QUOTE] I know about the bonus, but not blowing stuff up without getting in trouble.
Biida Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 The army's really tough. And it's not all it's cracked up to be. You have to constantly train, and push youself, both physically and emotionally, to the maximum and beyond. It's dangerous and painful. And unless you can handle mind games, and severe strictness and punishment... I'd reccomend boarding school. :)
PiroMunkie Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [SIZE=1]Hehe, I would go to the Army, learn how to destroy things, and come back home, and wreak havoc :devil: Although, why go to the Army to learn that when you can find how to do that on the net.... Hrmmm.... I still say the Army, and try to get kicked out! Ya, bring some disorder to the system, take it down from the inside...[/SIZE]
Guest Akito Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i] [B][SIZE=1] Ya, bring some disorder to the system, take it down from the inside...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE] Maybe thats why u haven't become a MOD yet Piro.
PiroMunkie Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i] [B]Maybe thats why u haven't become a MOD yet Piro.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]:devil: Hehe... nah, I wouldn't do that to this board. I don't have the mad skills it would take to do enough damage, plus I like this place and it has done nothing wrong to me to deserve a beating if I [i]did[/i] know how to take it down (which I don't). I don't really care if I ever become a mod or not, sure it would be a plus, but I don't really care even though I may whine about it sometimes, though it's a more light-hearted whining, not a complaining whining :p If that makes any sense at all. Ah yes. I would say go to the Army there woody :p[/SIZE]
*GaLxY-GiRl* Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i] [B]My parent give me two choices. 1. I have to joint the army 2. I have to go on a vacation in the summer (more like boarding school) Which one should I go to? I don't have a choice or speak for myself. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE] First off..... how old are you? Secondly, are your referring to the [b]army[/b] or boot camp/basic training? I know you wrote [i]the Army[/i], but still......... you seem young. Maybe you don't live in America? I don't know, I should stay out of this...... As for my opinion: Boarding School. :box:
woody Posted January 2, 2002 Author Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by *GaLxY-GiRl* [/i] [B] First off..... how old are you? Secondly, are your referring to the [b]army[/b] or boot camp/basic training? I know you wrote [i]the Army[/i], but still......... you seem young. Maybe you don't live in America? I don't know, I should stay out of this...... As for my opinion: Boarding School. :box: [/B][/QUOTE] 1.I'm 18 2. I'm a girl 3. I'm not very healthy and well-organize 4. My parent really really want me to joint the army 5. I lived in U.S
Guest Akito Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i] [B] 1.I'm 18 2. I'm a girl 3. I'm not very healthy and well-organize 4. My parent really really want me to joint the army 5. I lived in U.S [/B][/QUOTE] Can we stop using the word Joint? It makes me think that ur joining some type of drug army!
woody Posted January 2, 2002 Author Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i] [B] Can we stop using the word Joint? It makes me think that ur joining some type of drug army! [/B][/QUOTE] 6. I don't use drug (cocaine...and other drugs can harm your body) I'll try to remember not to use to word "joint" when I post.
Soccer 4 Life Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by woody [/i] [B]My parent give me two choices. 1. I have to joint the army 2. I have to go on a vacation in the summer (more like boarding school) Which one should I go to? I don't have a choice or speak for myself. :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE] This is a hard decision my advise to you is either flip a coin or go to boarding school(probably easier).... But this is your call you have to decide...... :therock: :mrt: Peace!!:smirk: :naughty:
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 i would never, ever join the army, i don't care what they offered me. even if i was drafted, i'd plead religious differences or something. it just sounds like pure hell. & esp. now that we're at war, you might end up in afganistan or something. i'm sorry, but i can't go to a place where i get court martialed if i leave.
Navi Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i] [B]i would never, ever join the army, i don't care what they offered me. [/B][/QUOTE] Hell yeah! I'd never join [i]any[/i] military forces. I guess its because I don't like people giving me orders and what not.
Transtic Nerve Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 For one, you are 18, You don't have to do what your parents tell you... they no longer have control over you. For two, you are a girl... you will probably do something for the army that isn't so... physical.... and you said you aren't very healthy.... you may not even pass the physical to join the army. Just move out... it seems that your parents don't seem to care much... you are 18, you can fend for yourself... go to COLLEGE!... and stop listening to your parents.... they aren't always right... you are an adult now, take responcibility on what you want to do in your own life.
Heaven's Cloud Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 [color=indigo] Well Unless you really want to be all you can be you shouldn't do either. Use your powerfull ability of persuasion to get your parents off your back. If that dosen't work take TN's advice and move out, take some loans, go to school, or get a job. Regardless of what you do, don't worry too much, You are young and there endless possibilities out there:D [/color]
Cecil Posted January 2, 2002 Posted January 2, 2002 Are you still in high school or have you graduated? When do you need to make this choice by? Hmm... I sugest the boarding school, and those things that you listed arn't exactly the best points of a good soilder. About the army (and basically all other armed forces) is that you have to serve your time, this ranges from 1 year to about 20 years (My dad has to spend the latter amount of time in the forces.) Of course if you don't like it you can always get a dishonorable discharge. *Shrugs*
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 3, 2002 Posted January 3, 2002 i just thought of this. if you're 18, then why are you letting them force you to do something you're really against doing? they have to let go & let you make your own decisions some time, & if you keep letting them get away w/ this stuff, they'll always think of you as a kid & pull this type of crap forever.
Charles Posted January 3, 2002 Posted January 3, 2002 Well, maybe it's not about your age and you have this complex about making your parents proud. If you are going to give in and do anything either go to college like Nerve said, or join the Air Force. Both of those choices require you to use your brain rather than brawn anyway. Your parents should respect your decisions and allow you to shape your own life. You shouldn't have to depend on two choices, hand-picked by them.
tetsuo Posted January 3, 2002 Posted January 3, 2002 i was thinking about the Navy for a while but then i decided that i dont want to sign my life away. so ill just stick to going to college
woody Posted January 3, 2002 Author Posted January 3, 2002 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i] [B]For one, you are 18, You don't have to do what your parents tell you... they no longer have control over you. For two, you are a girl... you will probably do something for the army that isn't so... physical.... and you said you aren't very healthy.... you may not even pass the physical to join the army. Just move out... it seems that your parents don't seem to care much... you are 18, you can fend for yourself... go to COLLEGE!... and stop listening to your parents.... they aren't always right... you are an adult now, take responcibility on what you want to do in your own life. [/B][/QUOTE] I liked your idea. I'll move out in two years. I'm a freshman in college right now.
Lady Macaiodh Posted January 3, 2002 Posted January 3, 2002 maybe you could apply for a student loan & get a dorm room?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now