OtakuBoards

The Bourne Ultimatum

eleanor

[font="trebuchet ms"] Go see this movie now. Is all I can say coherently.

There's nothing better than watching a really great action thriller like Bourne, because so few of them exist. Ultimatum is probably the best out of the series, and whoever wrote that it was an action movie on crack was right. I was on the edge of my seat the entire movie, and I loved every second of it.

The emotional aspect of the movie doesn't really level up to Identity, but the action is just superior. It's awesome to see a thriller that doesn't rely on things blowing up helicopters and demolishing cities. [spoiler]The part where Bourne is directing the reporter around the train station is was just [i]awesome[/i], which is incredible because the premise sounds so boring.[/spoiler] I'd say there needs to more movies like the Bourne series, but then I wouldn't appreciate the series as much as I so. Stuff like [i]Transformers[/i] and [i]Live Free or Die Hard[/i] doesn't come close to this movie.

I liked the cinematography in this movie. It reminded me of [i]Children of Men[/i], and I guess I'm just more partial to the fast cuts/unsteady camera direction when it comes to thrillers. Damon is excellent in this movie. He gives what he needs to give and does a good job doing it.

[spoiler]The revealing of Bourne's beginning[/spoiler] was rather stale, but it didn't really detract from the movie. The very end, though, was great. Everyone in the theater cheered or laughed, and it was just very Bourne. :) [/font]

[SIZE="1"]Saw the movie on Sunday, and I have to say, it's the best of the summer blockbusters that I've seen so far, and as an action film, it makes Die Hard 4 look like a joke. I suppose the only thing that bothered me was the camera, I hate jerky cameras, it just makes everything a bit harder to follow though it did make the action scenes even more tense.

Favourite bit [b]MAJOR SPOILER[/B] [spoiler]was right at the end on the rooftop where Bourne is talking to the other agent before going to leap and getting shot. I wasn't sure whether he'd live or die, because either would have made a good ending.[/spoiler]

For anyone with even a mild interest in thrillers or action films, I'd seriously recommend you go see this, it's worth every minute.[/SIZE]

[size=1]Haha, I was in London last week and while making my way to the Noel Coward theatre, where Avenue Q is playing, I came across a huge mob of people. It was pretty annoying as they were blocking my way, but after a while it seemed to be the mob awaiting Matt Damon for the pre-premiere of The Bourne Ultimatum.

Now, I have seen Matt Damon (and Julia Stiles) live and I can say "ha, I've been to the pre-premiere of The Bourne Ultimatum" even though I haven't actually seen it. Heck, I haven't even seen The Bourne Supremacy yet. Should do so, though. Oh, and if I waited a bit longer, I would've seen some of the cast of Harry Potter. Making photos was tough, though. Moving people, cloudy sky and rain. Moo.

[center][IMG]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2836/mattdamonraisinslg8.png[/IMG][/center]

... All in all, I still wanted them all to move so that I could just go and get a Caramel Hot Chocolate before getting over to Avenue Q.

[quote name='Lunox'][font="trebuchet ms"]Stuff like [i]Transformers[/i] and [i]Live Free or Die Hard[/i] doesn't come close to this movie.[/font][/QUOTE]Transformers was only cool, because it was so ridiculously awful and stuffed with clichés, that it was actually great. Besides, I doubt Bourne has such great - amazingly lame, but great - quotes as Transformers. Don't see him yelling "you want a piece of this?!" after which an agent tears him apart and yells "no, I want two pieces". Though the "I'm so glad I got in that car with you!" with a sunset sunburst in the background might fit in, if they want to decrease the overall quality of the movie. :]

But I plan on reading the actual books soon. Matt Damon is said not to be a good representation of the actual character, so I'd like to know what the original character is like.

... Still want to see this movie, though. But first I'd have to see the second.[/size]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]But I plan on reading the actual books soon. Matt Damon is said not to be a good representation of the actual character, so I'd like to know what the original character is like.

... Still want to see this movie, though. But first I'd have to see the second.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]The Bourne movies don't follow the books Boo, at least not completely faithfully. For instance [spoiler]Marie survives the entire trilogy in the books as opposed to dying in the second movie.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[quote name='Boo'][size=1]
Transformers was only cool, because it was so ridiculously awful and stuffed with clichés, that it was actually great. Besides, I doubt Bourne has such great - amazingly lame, but great - quotes as Transformers. Don't see him yelling "you want a piece of this?!" after which an agent tears him apart and yells "no, I want two pieces". Though the "I'm so glad I got in that car with you!" with a sunset sunburst in the background might fit in, if they want to decrease the overall quality of the movie. :]
[/size][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] The other fact that also influenced me is that I was never a Transformers fan and I thought the fight scenes were sort of lame. :/

But I do appreciate the awesomely bad parts of it. :)[/font]

Just saw it as I took my father out for a birthday treat. Loved it so much I felt like driving home as if I was being chased by Interpol - and funnily enough I had a bit of a swerve-scare in the process. >_>

So yes, I came out wanting to be Jason Bourne and as such, that means I was gripped by the film. However, am I the only one who thinks they really left it open for a fourth one? I know Matt Damon has said he wouldn't, blah blah blah, but I just would've liked to have had a [i]bit[/i] more closure in the end.

The actions scenes were phenomenal, especially the unconventional fighting. [spoiler]Towel > Blade = Win![/spoiler]

I have one question though, and please don't flame me if I sound really stupid. But.. [spoiler]I've just returned from Sicily and read some of the Bourne Identity and from what I'm getting, a character named Carlos is very important. Now I know the movie's not faithful to the book, so am I right in thinking Carlos wasn't included? I really should re-watch Identity and Supremacy.[/spoiler]

[font="trebuchet ms"] The only recurring (important) characters in the movies are Bourne, Nikki, Pamela, and Marie. I don't really remember a Carlos, probably because the movies stray from the books a lot. It's just loosely based.[/font]