OtakuBoards

Nicknames... how did you get them?

ChibiHorsewoman

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well I seem to have picked up a new nickname. It started as a joke online when BKstyles called me a [B]Ruthless Little Sunflower[/B] during an rpg we were part of. It sort of stuck and I get called that by various friends here, but then that somehow managed to end up transferring over in real life and now I get called [B]Cute Little Sunflower[/B] as well. lol That's the first time I've had a nickname that started online and ended up being changed a bit and used off line as well. [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Green"]Some nicknames I have had includes:

Eggo- my friends were all deciding what nicknames we were to have, Sarah and I decided that our friend Emily 'muffin' since of the notorious line we would always say to her whenever she was being klutz like 'Awww muffin...'. Emily then decided that Sarah would be cupcake and I, eggo... I still don't know how they got eggo from cupcake or muffin...

Momoshin, moomooshin- Last forum I was on were a bunch of bullies and made fun of my name. THe reason why my name is 'Momishin' is because its the last name of my roleplay character and for some reason I like that word alot XD

Sue- My name is of course is Susan, but only people I think are close to me call me Sue. My best friend Emily calls me Sue, my parents, my siblings and of course my wonderful boyfriend.

Susie- I absolutely hate this name, even more then eggo. I only allow my mother to call me that, anyone else gets hanged. My sister calls me Susie too, I allow her to get away with it too, but she gets to burn in hell.

Then there was a nickname I created for my boyfriend, his name is Ren-san over IM ^^ Reason why was when he was on a forum he would use then name 'Renegade of Life' and I took 'Ren' and then 'san' from japanese culture and made a name for him ^^[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

My name is Korey in real life (as if you couldn't tell) and I get a vast variety of nicknames just from my name alone. I get the Korey-san and Korey-kun and even Korey-Chan from the otaku community, but that's just honorific stuff. I get called Corey Feldman all the damn time, even though my name OBVIOUSLY starts with a K. At work my official nickname is Korey-Kor, Attorney at Law. The origin of this is very funny. We got a new boss at work and he imposed these stupid rules that we didn't have in place before. Needless to say, I got a little more heated than most and they thought that I should represent them, so I was Dubbed Korey-Kor, Attorney at Law.

As far as nicknames for my friends go, I have a friend named Alucard who was dubbed that by some friends of his. He was into D and D back when and when he started playing Castlevania a lot, the name just stuck with him. Some people don't even know his real name, and a lot of the people that we know just call him Alu or Alucard.