OtakuBoards

Nicknames... how did you get them?

ChibiHorsewoman

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Wow, I actually have replies, nice thanks. There are some real interesting stories behind some of them.

Oh man I realized I have some more myself... none are too pretty, and I think one of two may make you scratch your head

Meg Dawg- I just got this name recently from the coordinators at my job. I have no idea why- well no concrete idea just some vague thoughts as to why. They gave me this name because of all the hours I work. It's even up on the calandar (this huge wipe off one on an easle when you walk into the office) that Meg Dawg is the employee of the month again... I think I may need a new company just to keep my sanity.

Megabug- Yet another name that I have no idea how I got. Thankfully it hasn't been used in years. I used to work at a cafeteria as a prep cook. The grill cook just one day gave me that name. And he kept calling me that until I left. Good times... good times

Nutmeg- Complete lack of creativity on my chemistry lab partner's part I can assure you. But by the end of the second semester in my junior year it was sticking. Stupid high school. :animesigh

Meg chan- My friend Angel calls me this. I don't know where she got it from

Mee chan- My friend Tina calls me this. She used to call me Nee chan because she's younger than me and was calling me big sister. But then my boyfriend got confused (it happens a lot) so she changed it to Mee chan.

Mimi - This has nothing to do with that woman on the Drew Carey Show with all that eye shadow and loud clothing. It's just something my friends came up with when we were trying out nicknames.

As for more names I have subjected my friends to...

Lili- One of my friend Lisa's nicknames. There's really not much that you can do with a name like that, but it's the best we can do.

Titi- One of my friend Tina's nicknames. Actually Tina is a nickname for Christina, so what you have here is just a nickname of a nick name. It's also kind of funny because Titi is Vietnamese for small or tiny and Tina is 1.) Vietnamese and 2.) The shortest out of my friends.

Amd don't let Lee (Spy46) fool you, he has pleanty of nicknames... some of them I don't think he's fully aware of.[/color][/font][/QUOTE]
To correct you Mimi,I happen to be shorter then Nana (or at least thats what I've been led to believe)

Sammie-Short for Samantha,I've had it since I was little
Sam-I got too old for Sammie
Samma-Given to by me by Ana-chan
Samma-kablamma- Given to me by Cloud-kun and I dunno why
Strawberry Kisses- Self given (and made by Cloud) only because my new favorite strawberry lipgloss!

Nana-I gave this one to Tina because I liked it lol
Sae-chan -Given to Lisa by me =]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="sienna"]Oh oh, nicknames! I have some of those. :D[/COLOR]

[B]Kimmeh[/B]- [COLOR="Sienna"]It started in 7th grade. I didn't really have a nickname at the time, and my friend Anna wanted to call me something cool.. My real name is Kim, so out came Kimmeh. Although at the time we didn't know how it was spelt.. I picked that later on. XD[/COLOR]

[B]Kimbo[/B]- [COLOR="sienna"]My grandma actually started this one when I was like 2, but I wasn't called it very much after she passed away 5 years ago. But recently my friend Cole has picked it back up, with my consent since I do miss my grandmother very much, and woosh. I'm Kimbo all over again. ^_^[/COLOR]

[B]Kitty[/B]- [COLOR="sienna"]Started in my 5th hour Honors Chemistry class last year. It was weird. I think it's because I wore cat ears on Halloween, but that's all I've got. Now even the teacher calls me that when I see him around campus. LOL. Only people from that class actually know this nickname as well, so anytime someone else hears it, they look at me funny.[/COLOR]

[B]Sly Fox[/B]- [COLOR="sienna"]I own a shirt that says 'Sly' on the front with a picture of a cartoon fox under it... And for some reason everyone insisted on it being one of my nicknames. Whatever lol.[/COLOR]

[B]Devil's Wench[/B]-[COLOR="sienna"] By far my weirdest nickname ever. I had a dream a few years back about being Satan's secretary, and now people like to call me his wench. It's odd.. :x[/COLOR]

[quote name='Starfire0567']To correct you Mimi,I happen to be shorter then Nana (or at least thats what I've been led to believe)

Sammie-Short for Samantha,I've had it since I was little
Sam-I got too old for Sammie
Samma-Given to by me by Ana-chan
Samma-kablamma- Given to me by Cloud-kun and I dunno why
Strawberry Kisses- Self given (and made by Cloud) only because my new favorite strawberry lipgloss!

Nana-I gave this one to Tina because I liked it lol
Sae-chan -Given to Lisa by me =][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I thought Titi was shorter than you Sammie... I guess we have to figure that out eh?

Oh and you forgot Spit Fire... Given to you by Lee via phone conversations in his semi-rye induced drunken stupor.

As for myself... my boyfriend has started calling me Stella after a character from a cartoon we both watch who loves shopping and making sarcastic comments. Now all I need to do is go blonde and wear brown contacts.[/color][/font]

the nickname i personaly embrace is the one i picked up in sixth grade is eyore (only one e) where one would pick up the name of pooh's depresseed donkey friend, let'sjust say that it has something top do with his awsomeness being a donkey. outside of that it gets kinda hazy even to me. later

I just recently got a new nickname from my boyfriend. He is now calling me [b]Angel Berry[/b] - he says (and I quote, despite its sappiness) "you're sweet to taste and soothing to the soul." Can I get an "aw" chorus?

*crickets*

I'm going to follow Gavin's example and only talk about my newest nickname. That and I've never really got much in the way of nicknames or rather ones that were worth remembering. Anyway, my newest one is [B]Rach[/B]. And I got that nickname here at OtakuBoards. Since there is another Darren here and that name stealer got it as a user name as well since they joined before I did. Though it's more fun to have something different than my real name so I don't really mind. lol In the end people started abbreviating Rachmaninoff to Rach and I even tend to sign my pm's with it as well since I've gotten use to it.

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I have just been newly christened Meggy-Poo.... No bloody idea why. I'd blame it on the fact that the friend who gave me this one is from Wales. But she was born in England. Does that still qualify as a reason to blame someone for a strange nickname?

The coordinators are still calling me Meg Dog. No really they are. Women older than me are giving me strange nicknames and using them in public.[/color][/font]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I'm going to follow Gavin's example and only talk about my newest nickname. That and I've never really got much in the way of nicknames or rather ones that were worth remembering. Anyway, my newest one is [B]Rach[/B]. And I got that nickname here at OtakuBoards. Since there is another Darren here and that name stealer got it as a user name as well since they joined before I did. Though it's more fun to have something different than my real name so I don't really mind. lol In the end people started abbreviating Rachmaninoff to Rach and I even tend to sign my pm's with it as well since I've gotten use to it.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]If we're going in terms of nicknames online, I've got a million. Mostly because not too many people want to type '[B]2007DigitalBoy[/B]' (well actually, a shocking amount of people do). I always refer to myself as [B]DB[/B], which is also what Prem calls me, but some people use others. The comon ones are '[B]2k7DB[/B]', '[B]2007DB[/B]', '[B]Digital Boy[/B] (mostly because that's how I sign blog comments)' and things such as '[B]DigitalBrat[/B]'.

My full username is [B]21st Century Digital Boy,[/B] but no one has ever refered to me as such XD.

In the introduction to my current work, [B]the Shotgun Dance[/B], there is a sort of soliloquy signed '[B]Little Digital[/B]', a pun of of my name. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]If we're going in terms of nicknames online, I've got a million. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]You forgot Rat Boy. Even though I tend to use DB I still think of you as Rat Boy. :p

As for nicknames, the one I get is people turn my real name Crystia into Crystal or Crysta. I've gotten use to it so I usually answer to any of them. And if we are talking about online, a number of members tend to shorten indifference to indiff. Which is fine since I know who they are talking about. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Lets see, I haven't really had a lot of nicknames, at least not for a long time. When I was younger, everyone would shorten my legal name [B]Elizabeth[/B] to [B]Liz[/B]. And being the tomboy that I was I would pick fights with whoever said it since I hate that nickname and still do. So shortly before I turned twelve I gave myself my first real nick name and insisted that everyone call me [B]Beth[/B]. I ignored teachers, parents and even friends if they wouldn't call me by that name.

It stuck so well that now I've gone by[B] Beth[/B] for almost twenty five years. I've often considered changing my legal name to match. lol I still love it since I never get any stupid nicknames off of it like I did for [B]Elizabeth[/B]. I've had a few people call me [B]Bethy[/B], but I don't mind that at all.

As for online, a few people shorten [B]SunfallE[/B] to just [B]Sunfall [/B]or [B]Sun[/B]. And that works just fine too. Other than that, I don't really have much in the way of nicknames, unless you include the standard aunt tacked in there since I have a nephew and now two nieces since my brother and his wife just had their third kid this month. The newest niece is an adorable little thing. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well I can't believe I forgot this nick name. I've had it for about a year now: [b]Mommy[/b]

I've subjected my daughter Abigail to a few nicknames. There's the typical [b]Abby[/b] (which is what everyone calls her in one form or another) Then Blabby Abby, Gabby Abby, Crabby Abby and Grabby Abby. And of course the less used, Abs, Abster and Abbycadrabra.

Yes, I love my daughter- she's only two and can't complain about what I call her[/color][/font]

Well, I don't have that many nicknames that I can remember all that well.

Josh Porter: One girl in my 2nd period always calls me this when she sees me, I don't know why. The last name isn't even similar to my real one.

Gameboy: Back when I was in marching band, everybody in the drum section had a nickname. I got one of the more or less "boring" ones. During "Band Camp" I would bring a gameboy to play on in case I got bored during our breaks.

Ash/Ashong/Ashy: I play Wow, and my first character's name was Ashong. When I'm online people will normally call me by Ash/Ashy just to shorten down the name. Then I even had 1 or 2 people call me by that outside of the game...I don't know why.

[size=1]I've got nicknames for almost everyone who ever set their digital foot in the Art Studio, and they know it. Take [b]Orange[/b], [b]Gurt[/b], [b]Larb[/b], [b]Queen Altronidala[/b] (though I only used it once...) and [b]Tiger[/b] for example. Now you tell me who they are.

As for nicknames for people that are actually around me, I made up the nicname [b]Sponge[/b] for a guy in my class three years ago and almost the whole school ended up using it when talking to or about him. He looked like the sponge from goose bumps, though I don't know if anyone knew the backstory to his name. I also named a good friend of mine [b]Vorkje[/b], which she used as her MSN name for quite some time (she's also in my phone under that name). And well... a friend of mine whose name is Dennis and I ended up naming him [b]Danish Icecream[/b] which he uses a lot since then. I don't think he'll admit that I made it up, though, haha.

Ehm, but nicknames I've gotten myself... Some people actually call me [b]Boo[/b] offline too, though not too often. Lately I've been called [b]Borre[/b] quite a lot by my bandmates. In the past I've been called "Chao Zu" or something (the Dragonball Z character?) because I have a beauty mark on both my cheeks.[/size]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]My ex husband's wife has some interesting nicknames for me. I can't post them all on here as the majority of them are quite obscene and she has an eerily childish personality for a woman who is pushing forty.

The favorite of my friends and I is Witchy-poo. Witchy-poo. I saw that in a blog about me and thought WTF! :animestun Doesn't this woman have anything better to do than make childish nicknames for the woman whose husband she now has (Not to self: Send thank you card)

Anyways new course: It's not exactly a nickname, but a few years ago I worked at a factory that inspected car parts- and made them- and for the entire duration of my ten hour shift my name was Amanda. Now don't get me wrong, Amanda is a nice name, I know pleanty of nice people named Amanda. But my name is Megan. So I have no bloody idea how I was Amanda for ten hours straight.[/color][/font]

[color=crimson]The latest in a lifelong series of strange nicknames is Deadweight.

I was playing pool with some buddies and we split up into teams. I don't play pool that much and grill my poor pool-shooting skills as much as anyone. On my turn I had a chance to shoot the winning shot and one of my teammates yelled out "Come on Deadweight! You're our guy!" and, after I stopped laughing, I hit the shot which was probably a bad idea since it seemed to cement the nickname in place.

So for about a month now in various circles I've heard the rallying cry "Go Deadweight!".[/color]

Much to my own dismay, I don't have any GOOD or appreciated nicknames. Let's see... There's always...

J-- It's my middle name, so it's kinda stuck. It's mostly used online.

Sociopath-- It's more of a nickname, since I'm referred to it jokingly by a few people in school. Also, I'm not a sociopath, so... Yes.

The Platinum Bullet-- A friend of mine referred to me as "The Platinum Bullet" for a good year and a half. Not anymore, though. Heh.

Uh Oh, Here She Comes-- I kid you not... I get it so often, I treat it as a nickname, now. It's not like people dislike me... Someone said it to me once, and it's kinda stuck. I'll approach a group of friends, and that's what they'll say as I near.

[quote name='BloodRedArab']Uh Oh, Here She Comes-- I kid you not... I get it so often, I treat it as a nickname, now. It's not like people dislike me... Someone said it to me once, and it's kinda stuck. I'll approach a group of friends, and that's what they'll say as I near.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]ZOMG '****ing Brian's coming'!!! "it's like his name, even when he was brn the docors were like 'agh, ****ing Brian's coming." At least it's better than 'Karen the bag of douche.'[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]ZOMG '****ing Brian's coming'!!! "it's like his name, even when he was brn the docors were like 'agh, ****ing Brian's coming." At least it's better than 'Karen the bag of douche.'[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

That's all too true.^^ I must say, I'm proud to not have that nickname...

[color=#9933ff]I have a few nicknames associated with my online name, Roxie. ... which mostly just means people call me Rox sometimes. Or Charles, who called me roxie boxie. =P

My friend Apeiron (online name) calls me "Faye Faye" in real life, after the fact that my online middle name is Faye, and we had an incident wit the Cowboy Bebop episode "Pierott le fou" in which Ed says something along the lines of "Faye faye, mail mail for bebop bebop!" Sometimes other people call me Faye faye, and I let it go, but it really bugs me. I don't like it when anyone but him uses it. It's HIS special nickname for me, not anyone elses.

My dad also calls me a shortened version of my name, and I absolutely forbid anyone but him to use it to call me. I won't share my real name with you guys, but the shortened version is fairly obvious. i.e.: if my name was Kaitlyn (which it's not), an obvious abbreviation would be kate. It's like that.

I guess in general I have issues when people use nicknames that OTHER people ahve given me. Because the ones that I do have have special meaning to them. With my friend, it's that inside joke. And with my Dad, it's all the good times I've had with him. =)[/color]

[COLOR="Red"]I have a couple of nicknames, n_n. [Hi, I'm new...]

Emils--This is my most common nickname, since my name being Emil [a very common name since like, 1920] my friends created 'Emils' to separate me from other Emilys.

Shika--Since I cosplay mostly as Nara Shikamaru [But I AM a girl, I just have the attitude of Shikamaru and his ponytail...] my friends refer to me as Shika, I even have a jacket that I painted the symbol for deer on its back. And I got a deer necklace from KamoriCon that I'm wearing right now.

But yeah, that's about it....[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Orange"]Oh, just remembered some more...

My RP name is hanshouuo 'cause it's the last name of one of my characters and it means Salamander. The reason why I chose Sanshouuo/Salamander as a name is because I'm like a huge pyro. Lol.

Tex--People called me by this on a forum cause I'm a lot like Tex from Red vs. Blue. Enough said.

Starburst--My forum name was Star, and whenever I got mad or high, they said it was a starburst.

Nova--another name for Star

N00b Pants--I dunno why the hell anyone called me this. 0.o[/COLOR]