Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Phantasy Star - A classic Sega game. I never knew about it until I played Sega Genesis Collection. It is great, but why did I never hear about it? It's so good, yet so unknown. I was wondering, has anyone else heard of it? If so, have you played it(Or any other in the series.)? It is weird, though - you hear about the crappiest games, yet the good ones lie unnoticed.
Posted
[COLOR=maroon]What are you talking about? Phantasy Star has a huge following. II and IV were the best in the series, and Phantasy Star Online still has a niche following.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]The early games in the series (before Phantasy Star Online) seem relatively obscure compared to the big RPG series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, etc. I think being on the Master System and Genesis during the time when the NES and SNES were reigning supreme in the RPG department with the likes of FF and DQ contributed to that. I barely ever hear people talk about Phantasy Star, yet when they do it's generally positive.

I still haven't actually played any of the games myself, though.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I think the people who played the original PS games simply grew tired of trying to state their case and decided to keep the pleasure of playing them to themselves, lol. Well, I'm a HUGE PSO fan, and my brothers are both even bigger than me, heh. It's my personal most played game of all time. Phantasy Star Universe is also an excellent game.

My brother, in ultimate PSO fandom, decided to try going after the old games and got Phantasy Star Collection for the GBA (contains the first 3). Becasue it's an old RPG, it suffers from the wear of a few console generations, and people like me who started gaming on the N64 have a hard time appreciating it, so we mostly keep it for the purpose of collecting, lol. My brother still wants to get his hands on 4. I wouldn't be surprised if we sw a DS adaption sometime...[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=darkred]I'm not into the PS RPGs, but I love the recent games. I played PS Episode I & II on the GameCube to death even though I never actually went online with it... I only managed multi-player with a few friends. But still, I enjoyed it well enough because it made a change for me from the turn-based battle systems I'm used to playing in other RPGs. I like having complete freedom to attack, block, and run around where I want, although it felt a bit slow at times.

But yeah, cool games. I might get Phantasy Star Universe on the 360 now that I have access to one.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="Navy"]I highly doubt someone will actually PM you when you're the one looking for the help. You're better off just asking your question right here.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=darkred]Plus you never said where you're stuck, so...

And another thing, in general, would it kill to say a little about the games rather than just saying you've played Phantasy Star ____. The thread is getting a little vague.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Oi, to all you PSU players, there's an expansion coming out soon with a lot of great stuff and the next part of story mode. There's a trailer for it on the site with this really weird heavy-rock rendition of the opening theme.[/COLOR]
Posted
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I don't play it on the net, however I have heard of the new expansion, I checked out the site, but I didn't see the video. I played Phantasy Star: Universe, and it was good. Show Ethan kiss that girl for crying out loud. I need action in my action/RPG games. Sora kiss Kairi, Johnny kiss/make-out with Shania. No love in games anymore, unless "I love you" is too hot for teenagers.

But I like this game, graphics, gameplay, characters. I just don't like that I can't play it online. The final boss was awesome btw.[/COLOR]
Posted
[color=#4B0082]You're right, games now just don't have the love that they used to.[/color]

[center][img]http://img117.imageshack.us/img117/2665/ffivkissoj3.gif[/img][/center]
Posted
Especially since they look more like they're just bumping into each other rather than embarking on a romantic journey.

Yup, game characters just don't kiss like they used to...
Posted
Wow, a pic of Final Fantasy II for SNES (IV or V in Japan, can't remember). Did anyone else that played it felt sad when it finished? I had watery eyes when I finished it. One of the best games I've played ever.

I remember playing PS for genesis but could never adjust to the behind the back look on the fight scenes. I dunno, maybe I was just too used to playing them [I]bad boys in the left, good guys to the right[/I] fasion.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...