OtakuBoards

Are you ready for some (American) Football?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Yes, I know it's already the second week in the season and there's already been a scandal (Patriots watching tapes of the Jets' play signals) a MAJOR injury (One of the Bills' new players had a serious spinal injury last week and the doctors are still speculating whether he'll walk again) and a shedload of other things. But I figure better late than never, right? Of course right.

So, any speculations for the superbowl? Favorite teams? Comments in general?

I'm watching the Patriots'/ Chargers game right now and the Chargers are pretty much getting their butts handed to them at twenty-four to nothing. But hey it is only half time, maybe something will work.... Yeah and maybe I'll start playing for the Bills.

Speaking of the Bills they lost to the Steelers today twenty-seven to three. At least I think that was the score. Which is pathetic because last week they only lost by one point. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that they lost three of their best players before the season was even off the ground and they're stuck using back up players.

So anyone else care to share anything?[/color][/font]

It was hilarious hearing about the Bengals/Browns game. 51-45? Ha. Won't laugh at the Bengals too much, though, because I like Carson Palmer. Also, yeah, the Chargers/Patriots game... the [strike]Cheaters[/strike] Patriots look scary good this season.

Other than that, I don't have much to add, since I'm only a casual fan of the NFL. I was too busy working to watch much football today, anyway. :(

I went to a preseason Giants vs Panthers almost a month ago. Really boring I think, I ended up spending more time watching the game on the jumbotron than actually watching it on the field.

Though the midget match at half time was funny, they had brought in two high school teams for a mini-game during half time.

I'm not really into sports though, it's more fuss and fighting than it's worth in my mind, even though people do like it.

Though I was a Buffalo Bills fan way back when Jim Kelley played for them, dunno how many of you would remember that, and I haven't followed them in over 10 years.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi'] .

Though I was a Buffalo Bills fan way back when Jim Kelley played for them, dunno how many of you would remember that, and I haven't followed them in over 10 years.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]I remember that. I refer to middle school as the years the Bills didn't suck.

Anyways, the Bills are playing the Patriots at Foxburrough this weekend and they haven't won a game at Fox borrough (Spelling) since 2000. I think they're going to keep that up.[/color][/font]

[quote name='LostProphet']Except when they played the Cowboys in....what was that game.....the Super Bowl :D[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Okay two things

1.) Welcome back Will, haven't talked to you in a while

2.) While the Bills did tank at all four super bowls they went to in the early nineties they did make it to four consecutive super bowls and were at the top of their division four years in a row. So nya! :p

I'm missing a lot of games this year because I work every other weekend. I just hope I don't miss any Bills/ Dolphins games because those are big. Maybe I'll just record them.

Also they started making and selling t-shirts in support of that one player who had the spinal injury a few weeks ago.[/color][/font]

Yay Football...gives me something to distract me on boring weekends. :D

Although they lost last weekend to the freakin' Texans, I gotta root for the home team and support The Panthers.
Not sayin' they're gonna go all the way this year, but if they can keep Steve Smith and everyone else from getting hurt, they might actually make it to the playoffs.

But we shall see.

[quote name='LostProphet']Cowboys beat the Bears. Even I didn't see that coming O_O[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Yeah, meanwhile the Bills are 0-3. I couldn't even bear to watch that game on Sunday past the first half of the third quarter when they were 7 and 21 with the Patriots.

Oh well at least the Steeler's won their game

Right now the Bills are expected to be a three point underdog with the Jets on Sunday. And I could either watch that or go to Sephora. Seeing that the games are so pathetic I think I'll go to Sephora.[/color][/font]

• 1 month later...
[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Green"]Packers, baby. It's all about the[COLOR="Yellow"] Packers[/COLOR]. <33[/COLOR] [COLOR="Green"]In my house, my step-dad and I are the only football watching people. He was born and raised in Indianapolis. Thus, he's a Colts fan. Him and I butt heads all the time over football. I give my friends crap because they're either Chiefs or Broncos fans. and Green Bay beat both of them. Don't even get me started on the Patriots. Long story short: I hate them.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]

New England Patriots

9-0

Brady. Moss. Maroney. Belachick.

'nuff said.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Looks like someone got a crash cart for this thread. :animesmil

Well the Bills have now won their last four games and seem to be on a winning streak. Their next game is going to be broadcast nationwide tomorrow night (I think they're playing the Patriots, but I've been working nearly non-stop since the twenty-ninth so I'm not too sure.) I did hear on one sport's program that the undefeated Patriots may have a run for their money and should watch out for the Bills who are finally getting their act together.

Man, now I have to decide between the AMAs or Sunday Night Football since Desperate Housewives is off this week. Choices, Choices[/color][/font]

[size=1][quote name='The Boss'][color=darkred][size=1]New England Patriots
9-0
Brady. Moss. Maroney. Belachick. 'nuff said.[/color][/size][/QUOTE] Damn Mike. I actually thought you were cool. 'nuff said. CHW, I say watch the game. Someone's bound to put the AMA's on the net.[/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Looks like someone got a crash cart for this thread. :animesmil

Well the Bills have now won their last four games and seem to be on a winning streak. Their next game is going to be broadcast nationwide tomorrow night (I think they're playing the Patriots, but I've been working nearly non-stop since the twenty-ninth so I'm not too sure.) I did hear on one sport's program that the undefeated Patriots may have a run for their money and should watch out for the Bills who are finally getting their act together.
[/color][/font][/QUOTE]

[color=darkred][size=1]

Don't know what you meant by crash cart, but lets get something clear.

The New England Patriots beat TWO, count 'em, TWO undefeated teams and are now the only undefeated NFL team in the league. Should they continue this way, they could be the second team in history do have had a perfect season. They destroyed the Cowboys at Dallas, and broke the spirit of the Colts so badly that they were humiliated by the Chargers in the first half and were eventually defeated.

I'd like to think that the Patriots are justifiably the best NFL team within this decade. And I've been behind them the whole time, so yeah. Go PATS![/color][/size]

Don't know what you meant by crash cart, but lets get something clear.

The New England Patriots beat TWO, count 'em, TWO undefeated teams and are now the only undefeated NFL team in the league. Should they continue this way, they could be the second team in history do have had a perfect season. They destroyed the Cowboys at Dallas, and broke the spirit of the Colts so badly that they were humiliated by the Chargers in the first half and were eventually defeated.

I'd like to think that the Patriots are justifiably the best NFL team within this decade. And I've been behind them the whole time, so yeah. Go PATS![/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Well the thread had been dormant (dead?) for over a month then got some new replies.

As for the Bills, they have the whole underdog thing going for them. Plus Losman is their starter now and they seem to be able to rally themselves a lot better than in the beginning of the season... I don't know why, but it seems that they've finally started pulling their ******* together. I'm not saying that they're Super Bowl or even Playoff material. But they are starting to work as a team.[/color][/font]

[color=darkred][size=1]
Well I came onto the thread when it was one of the top five, so I thought it was fairly new.

I'll give you that, the Bills are looking better now from what I hear. However, the Pats have beaten them like the last five or six times they've played and the Pats are looking the best they ever have this season. I just think it's unlikely that they'll lose this time, coming off a by-week and one of their greatest victories to date.

I'm definetly watching the game, anyways, haha.[/color][/size]

Tch. All I know is that I am amazed at how well my hometown Lions are doing. While I'll admit that they've never been very good, and probably won't be for a much longer time to come, but being 6-3 and undefeated in their division isn't all that bad. We might be able to take the paper bags off of our heads this year and squint int the sunlight...

...and too bad I can't use the cliche "When Hell freezes over" to talk about when the Lions'll make it to the Superbowl. Hell, MI freezes over every winter.

[quote name='Nehszriah']...and too bad I can't use the cliche "When Hell freezes over" to talk about when the Lions'll make it to the Superbowl. Hell, MI freezes over every winter.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]How do you know that Hell isn't a code word for Texas? Because that hasn't frozen over yet. [/color][/font]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]How do you know that Hell isn't a code word for Texas? Because that hasn't frozen over yet. [/color][/font][/QUOTE]

Touche. You have me there. I still have my paper bag ready for next afternoon. Every time it seems like we get a speck of talent or a possible break, the talent is just sucked from the players and is returned once they leave the Lions system.

Maybe we won't have too much of a hard time against the Giants if Kitna actually does his job and tries for a little bit of a play variety. Can't he run the ball? My brother doubts he can.

Wow... The Pats really, REALLY embarrassed the Bills last night...

56-10.... WHAT!?

They're on a roll, I'm telling you.[/color][/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"]Tell me about it. And there 10-0. Can't help but wonder if there are any teams out there that can stop them. I think the only team that hasn't been beating by a blowout is the Colts (and I want to say Dallas, but I can't remember that game.), and I haven't been keeping up with them so "shrugs".

There are some other teams that've caught my eye. The Cowboys and the Packers to be more specific. Both being 9-1 and all. Those the only teams I've been following lately, and an off and on thing with the Lions (checking records and whatnot) seeing that they are my home team... Booo!!!![/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
I don't know how many football fans there are here (I would guess not many), but how about the patriots game? They almost lost their perfect season. Final score 27-24 against the Ravens. God was on Brady's side tonight.

[size=1][COLOR="Purple"]Merged the threads. Please check the first page or the thread directory for any topics you'd like to discuss. -Clurr[/COLOR][/size]