OtakuBoards

Shugo Chara!

2010DigitalBoy

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][CENTER][IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b269/MetalSonic700/ShugoCharalookslikeanimepic.jpg[/IMG]
[/CENTER]

Contrary to popular belief, I am actually a prepubescent girl. Or at least, that's what I must be seeing as how I really enjoyed the first episode of [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shugo_Chara]Shugo Chara.[/url] I liked the cutesy colors. I liked the entire-school-adores-that-person thing that is ever-present in shoujo. I would totally go gay for the blue-haired neko-mimi bishie boy who wears straps AND crosses AND cat shoot giant extending cat paws at opponents (with a straight face!) In fact, I think I'd go gay for any of the bishies in this show. That is, ater I'm done freaking out over how insanely adorable Amu is, especially with thpse pink sock thingies. I could hug her [i]to death[/i].

Yes, I had an enjoyable time watching Shugo Chara episode one. I didn't mind the slightly annoying faries. And, of course, I had to love the tiny baby sister singing like a pop idol when she can't even talk yet. TOO adorable.

Amu has already won my heart with her personality troubles (similar to things I've experienced. Because, you guessed it, I'm actually a 12-year-old-female) and her just inane amount of cuteness.

Honestly, I look forward to watching more of Shugo Chara. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find out where I left my bloody, battered masculinity. [/COLOR]

That was an awesome first episode. Even if Amu-chan's personality wasn't a clever twist on the magical girl formula, the villain would've won me over. Cat-features get used in anime all the time, but rarely so well. I really want to see more of the blonde who appears with him in the OP & ED.

My only reservation at this point is the romantic element. It would be unlike Peach-Pit to go with the typical protag/prince pairing, so I hope that's a red herring. The other guy on the student council (and the villain!) would make more interesting suitors.

~Dagger~

Hm, I wasn't going to watch this, but I had some free time yesterday and was bored... and, hey, I enjoyed it. I don't really know why I'm surprised since I don't exactly have reservations about watching cutesy shoujo series (although I was kind of thanking God afterward that the fairy didn't appear until the last third of the episode, haha). Can't say I'd go gay for any of the guys, though; sorry, still kinda straight over here! :P

Anyway, I'll be keeping up with this.

[color=#4B0082]I kept meaning to post about this ever since Formula released their h.264 version of ep1 but for one reason after another (not the least of which was my PC crashing and burning) I'm only just now getting around to it after watching ep2. So. . . .

OMG cuteness overload. I admit it; deep down I have a thing for cutesy magical girl anime. I loved Cardcaptor Sakura, which I watched earlier this year, and I'm totally into Shugo Chara now. I think I'm going to have to start watching more of this type of anime.

I don't even really mind the guardian chara things. Watching them pester Amu is funny, and Ran pouting in her egg in ep2 was cute.

But, like Shinmaru, there's no going gay for the bishies here. They pulled off the cat ears guy amazingly well but males just don't do it for me. Now, if Nadeshiko were a bit older. . . .[/color]

Wow, I'm giddy. [i]So[/i] much sexual tension in episode 3. And the preview for episode 4 shows Ikuto [spoiler][I]biting Amu's ear[/I]![/spoiler] :animeblus

Nadeshiko and Tadase's Chara-changes were hilarious & unexpected. Both of them have suddenly become way more interesting.

On a side note, Ikuto's seiyuu (Yuuichi Nakamura) is featured prominently in at least two other ongoing shows (Tomoya in Clannad and Graham in Gundam 00). Amu's seiyuu is making her debut with Shugo Chara.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Wow, I'm giddy. [i]So[/i] much sexual tension in episode 3. And the preview for episode 4 shows Ikuto [spoiler][I]biting Amu's ear[/I]![/spoiler] :animeblus[/QUOTE]

Haha, the creators must have a direct line into your mind or something. :animesmil

I, too, enjoyed Nadeshiko and Tadase's Chara-changes. Tadase's "Yeah, I'm the King, *******" laugh is especially great. And, yeah, I'm at the point now where I'm finding Amu too adorable for words, which is rather disconcerting considering she's in elementary school. :p

[quote name='Shinmaru']And, yeah, I'm at the point now where I'm finding Amu too adorable for words, which is rather disconcerting considering she's in elementary school. :p[/QUOTE][color=#4B0082][img]http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/6659/shinmarusealym1.gif[/img]

I watched ep3 today and I agree, Nadeshiko's character change was just awesome. The whole flowery scene with her and Temari, and then . . . [spoiler]she turns into a bloodthirsty maniac.[/spoiler] I love her even more now. :toothy:[/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]OH MY GOD, episode 4 featured a demon that fights using [i]the English alphabet.[/i] That's plain awesome. Also, the blue-haired guy just keeps getting hotter and hotter, and now there's a cute teacher to join the regiment. Wait, am I the only one scared that a lot of the guys in this show seem a bit older than Amu?! Thank god this is a kids show... but it is shoujo, so god knows what could happen XD[/COLOR]

I heard about it on Novastorm and watched it out of curiousity. I'm glad I did! ^_^ The charas are so cute. I think the charas of the supporting characters' charas are cuter than Amu-chan's...
This is the first mahou shojo series I've watched since Tokyo Mew Mew.

Just watched episodes 4 & 5. I'd heard that 5 was a filler (compared to the manga), but I was quite impressed with it. It definitely stood up to the previous episodes (if anything, it might've been better--the soccer animation was awesome). If all the anime-original material is going to be like this, I'd welcome more. Loved the sinister moment with teacher-whatshisname.

Next episode: [spoiler]new Chara-change![/spoiler]

Speaking of which, I dropped by the bookstore today and picked up the first two volumes of the manga, currently being released by Del Rey. I'd thought about getting the JP edition, but the Del Rey version is a nice-looking release, and I don't want to get too far ahead of the anime. I think I'm going to hold off on reading them for now, at any rate.

~Dagger~

• 1 month later...
Is that the second seal of approval you've made for me, Des? Haha. [/obscenly late reply]

Finally caught up to Shugo Chara yesterday. It's [i]really[/i] fun when all the Charas band together and interact lol. I enjoyed watching them hunt for the embryo with Tadase's arrogant Chara taking the lead. Another hilarious moment with Tadase's Chara was in episode 10 when he was trying on the Santa costume and Tadase and Kukai busted him and laughed their ***** off. The costume [i]did[/i] look nice on him, though. :p

Anyway, yeah, still enjoying this show immensely. Even though most of the episodes have their formula (someone gets moody ---> X Egg is released ---> Amu transforms and beats the crap out of it, saving the day), they also offer something that's fun and interesting.

[color=#4B0082]Did I make you one before too? I mainly made this one to spoof the [url=http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=peadobearsealwc3.jpg][u]Pedo Bear Seal of Approval[/u][/url]. And I gotta say, it's kind of scary how well it worked.

The Amulet Clover character transformation, with Amu's pink hair up in the pigtails together with the green outfit, was entirely too cute by the way. Always just doing Amulet Heart with Ran was getting a bit old. I hope Miki and Su keep getting more attention since I find them a lot more entertaining.[/color]

• 3 months later...
I've neglected this show for way too long, so I today I sat down and vowed to catch up. Just watched eps. 7 through 20 (with a break in between for Lost, which made for quite the contrast, haha). Hoping to get up to 23 before turning in for the night.

Good lord, Utau and Ikuto are a ridiculously attractive pair. I hope we get more Nana Mizuki insert songs out of Utau; I like Meikyuu Butterfly (and I want to see the full PV!). For some reason I find myself thinking them as being like those curiously incestuous-but-not-quite siblings you see a lot in anime... I keep expecting Utau to say "Ikuto-onii-sama" or something. They sure have trouble communicating, though. Or rather, how can Ikuto have [i]no reaction whatsoever[/i] when someone like Utau flings herself into his arms? Poor girl. :animeswea

Although there have been some down episodes in terms of animation, I'll repeat myself by saying that this continues to be the most visually delightful mahou shoujo series since CCS. Occasionally there are parts that seem almost KyoAni-esque in how excessively they're animated, like the first snowboarding episode, and [spoiler]Kukai's reaction shot in the episode where he's pretending to fight with Tadase and everyone seems to suspect him of hiding Amu's speech.[/spoiler]

Glad that [spoiler]Nikaido's cover got blown.[/spoiler] Was kind of worried that it wouldn't happen for another thirty episodes or something.

~Dagger~

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]But, like Shinmaru, there's no going gay for the bishies here. They pulled off the cat ears guy amazingly well but males just don't do it for me. Now, if Nadeshiko were a bit older. . . .[/color][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]Ep25 made me do a facepalm and groan as I remembered this statement. [spoiler]****ing traps.[/spoiler][/color]

• 3 months later...
This thread's not dying on my watch. :|

I am all caught up with the releases right now. Episode 39 is pretty cool -- [spoiler]it's nice to see Tadase struggle with something and come out stronger because of it. And his transformation is pretty rockin'.[/spoiler] Can't wait to see where the show goes next!

[color=#4B0082]Rima-centric episode for 40, yay! She's become my favorite character (and not only because her hair is, like, half her body mass). I love the way she's usually quiet and doesn't give a crap about stuff, but then also teases Amu—the blowing in the ear thing to freak her out is especially hilarious.

I'm getting a bit impatient to see what's going to happen with Dia, though. It's been weeks since she was introduced but things are only just now starting to move.

And, on that note, I love Utau's BLACK DIAMOND insert song. I got the single for it and have been listening to it a lot. I'm listening to it right now.[/color]

I'm through episode 41 now. Hilarious that we went 38 episodes with [spoiler]only Amu and Rima able to Character Change, but in the span of three episodes, everyone can do it. I thought Kairi's turn back to the Guardians would take at least a couple of episodes longer, but hey. His Character Change is pretty badass. [strike]STEEL SAMURAI[/strike][/spoiler]

oh, it was an amazing three episodes of what i have watched so much :D. it was a very kawaii anime :D.
i liked how it wan't an ordinary "run of the mill magical girls transformation story" and it's interesting of seeing the different characters opionion of what they wanted to be ^_^.

and i love peach-pitts manga so how could i only like the manga??~ XD

it was one of the most kawaii animes i watch :D.

Through episodes 42 and 43 now. [spoiler]I wonder what's coming up next now that Sanjou and Utau are gone from Easter. The next target, I suppose, is the big boss himself. What does he have up his sleeve?

The action in these two episodes is great -- very well animated and so fluid. Ikuto's fight with the Guardians in particular is excellent. The best part, though, is Tadase and Kairi teaming up to fight the Stay Puft X Chara Man. That thing didn't stand a chance.[/spoiler]

i love this anime! i didnt know about shugo chara up until my friend's sister told me to watchXD the guardians are soo cute=D my favorite characters are rima amu and ikuto. right now i just finished episode 42. cant wait to see episode 43. i love the theme songs and utau's song she sings in black diamond^^ i also read the manga but i think that the anime is kinda better^^

Episode 44 is mainly a recap episode, although there are some cute moments with Amu and Rima, some funny stuff with Amu and Utau fighting and Nikaidou being super suave. Biggest story development is [spoiler]Kairi leaving for home -- but not before confessing his love for Amu. Awwww. I'm going to miss him. He really grew on me and became one of my favorite characters.[/spoiler]

I wonder if Miki's melancholy is going to continue? That would be sad -- Miki is my favorite Chara in the series. She's so wonderfully snarky.