OtakuBoards

I Broke Otakuboards

2010DigitalBoy

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]My second reply to Kodomo no Jikan thread has broken OB. From the outside, it still says the other guy posted and tat there's only 1 reply, even though I posted. Did I kill it? Do I get a prize?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Nope, Dagger's Lucky Star post kept me from seeing that thread until the other guy posted in it. Dagger did it.

Actually, I think it's part of the server maintenance Adam was talking about.

[color=#4B0082]I'll fix it in a bit.

[b]Edit:[/b] Fixed, at least for now. This seems to be happening a lot lately and I'm thinking it has to due with the server trouble Adam has been mentioning on theOtaku/myOtaku. All it is is the thread reply count values not getting updated in the database, though, so it's not really hurting anything. Hopefully there won't be any larger problems.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I'll fix it in a bit.

[b]Edit:[/b] Fixed, at least for now. This seems to be happening a lot lately and I'm thinking it has to due with the server trouble Adam has been mentioning on theOtaku/myOtaku. All it is is the thread reply count values not getting updated in the database, though, so it's not really hurting anything. Hopefully there won't be any larger problems.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> fixed my ***. I just posted in the event master thread and for the third time today my post didn't show up. Also, the KnJ one still doesn't say the correct name XD[/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> For the KnJ thread it's been 2 days. I don't think refresh is solving much.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]That was right before the sites went down though. I did a test post to update the fact that it had been posted in, then I removed my post and now it shows things correctly like it should. :catgirl: [/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]"Fixing" this is basically just having the site rebuild the reply count and last poster info. It [i]was[/i] fixed when I made that edit but I can't really stop it from breaking again since I still don't know what's causing it in the first place.

To make sure it's not just your browser, though, try holding in Shift (for Firefox) or Ctrl (for IE) while reloading the page to make sure you get a fresh copy of it from the server instead of using a cached version.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Sorry to bother you Des... but it seems that OB is broken again as the same issue with posts not showing up has cropped up again. XP I don't mind posting again and deleting the duplicate, but I figured I'd mention that it's been doing it again the past couple of days.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]Please excuse me for asking this, but... why does it really matter? o.O
I mean, there's this thing that's been bothering me lately (Since I changed my username, it's been alerting me when I've replied to a subscribed thread, instead of just other people)
But as long as your reply shows up in the thread, what's the big deal?
...unless that's the issue?
If that's the point, I apologise. :animeshy:
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]Sometimes that's the problem, sometimes it's just that the reply count and last poster info doesn't get updated, and thus the thread doesn't get bumped to the top of the forum when a new reply is made. Either way, it matters because the excuse, "But it's only broken a little," doesn't fly with me and it annoys other members as well. Unfortunately, running the update last poster info utility takes a while and slows down the site in the process so I don't like to run it too often.

Next time I'm up in the middle of the night when barely anyone's on I'll run some of the maintenance utilities again. I think the search index might also need to be rebuilt for the newer features to work with posts before the software update.[/color]

[size=1]*Scratches head* Don't know if this problem has already been addressed, but I just posted and it appeared in my screen (actually it loaded a blank page when I posted but when I opened my thread my last post was there) but hasn't shown up now I've searched for new results (think someone's already mentioned this). Also, I edited the first post of the Gifts and Curses thread, and now my first post seems to have disappeared =/

...I hope it comes back because I don't have another copy @_@[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][quote name='Vicky'][size=1]*Scratches head* Don't know if this problem has already been addressed, but I just posted and it appeared in my screen (actually it loaded a blank page when I posted but when I opened my thread my last post was there) but hasn't shown up now I've searched for new results (think someone's already mentioned this). Also, I edited the first post of the Gifts and Curses thread, and now my first post seems to have disappeared =/

...I hope it comes back because I don't have another copy @_@[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Everything looks like it's still there, Vic'. But it also says the last time it was edited was the first of January. >>

And when you go to the Theater, it shows the last post in Gifts and Curses to be Revelation, but when you go to the thread itself, Vicky's post is after Rev's.

'Tis all verra odd.

[/COLOR][/SIZE]