OtakuBoards

What do you do when you are sick?

Aaryanna_Mom

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]And now you're just being silly.[/quote]

I tend to be silly-willy like that don't I ;P

[quote]We could probably end up going at each other like this for hours on end, and I bet neither of us would get the least bit bored.

Hooray. (^_^)[/quote]
Probably. Or days ;D

[quote]So then you [I]are[/I] one of those peculiar people who think catching someone up is a burden. Pardon me if I'm missing something, but the rest of us humans like to help a brotha' out. Ya know?

It's like you're doing everything in your power to avoid other people. You're not overly phobic, are you? :animesmil[/quote]
I'm actually a hypocrite that does the total opposite of what I support. =O

[quote]Misinformation. Incorrect procedures.

You haven't spoken with me before, so I'll forgive you for not expecting to have your metaphor turned back on you. ;)[/quote]

I you have corn kernels in one hand and rice in the other, it's your responsibility to choose what to put in. After all, that's why I mentioned before that sickness can impair you to the point that you're not getting 100% of information, but you cn still get a few grains in the bowl. I personally don't understand how you can get corn kernels in. If you doubt you didn't understand something, then don't write it down.

I wouldn't shed a tear if I was absent and the school lost money because I don't really care about it, considering I'm an avaricious, inconsiderate person =( I'd just care about the loss of the award because it affects me.

And I would refute indifference's post, but I have to go now =X

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeathKnight][color=crimson']I think caldo de pollo is the best thing for a hurting throat. Delicious and nutritious.[/color][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]It's pretty much the best for [I]anything[/I]. :)

[quote name='indi][COLOR=indigo][[SIZE="1"]How that happens... I have no idea.[/SIZE]'][/COLOR][/quote]
Indiana Jones --> Indy

Thus, you are silly. And I already call you Crystia ... when it feels right.

I dunno. Indi reminds me more of the Grand Prix, so be thankful I haven't started calling you F-One yet. :p (I [I]like[/I] indi, though.)

[quote name='Konata]I[FONT="Arial"][f][/FONT'] you have corn kernels in one hand and rice in the other, it's your responsibility to choose what to put in. After all, that's why I mentioned before that sickness can impair you to the point that you're not getting 100% of information,....[/quote]
I operate more from the standpoint that while impaired one loses some ability to discern between rice and corn, and thus muddlement can occur. It's like saying that alcohol hasn't affected you all that much. You [I]think[/I] it hasn't affected you, but your judgment has also been affected, and so you're more impaired than you think you are. You may very well believe you understand a particular concept, but in your sickly state you mixed something up without realizing it. Hence adding corn.

This metaphor is getting really cold. I've eaten enough of it, and I don't feel like sticking it in the microwave, so let's just toss it for now. (Where's that Jack Russell my sister lets live around here....)

[quote name='indi][COLOR=indigo']Life would be pretty boring if we all had the same opinion so I have no problem with not seeing it the same.[/COLOR][/quote]
Oh, I know. You just tend to refute rather ... harshly, I think. Or maybe I was half-asleep. Something like that.

Which reminds me: is there a particular reason you post in [B][COLOR=indigo]indi[/COLOR][/B]go? :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]
I operate more from the standpoint that while impaired one loses some ability to discern between rice and corn, and thus muddlement can occur. It's like saying that alcohol hasn't affected you all that much. You [I]think[/I] it hasn't affected you, but your judgment has also been affected, and so you're more impaired than you think you are. You may very well believe you understand a particular concept, but in your sickly state you mixed something up without realizing it. Hence adding corn.[/quote]
Ah. It never happened to me, so I can't agree or disagree with that >_> I'm usually more skeptical when writing notes. So if at all, I suspect something is wrong, I don't write it down, unless I ask the teacher to reiterate.

[quote]This metaphor is getting really cold. I've eaten enough of it, and I don't feel like sticking it in the microwave, so let's just toss it for now. (Where's that Jack Russell my sister lets live around here....)[/quote]
We should change the metaphor to how the [B][url=http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE]Internet is a series of tubes[/url][/B]. The information is stored and sent in those tubes, but you might get conflicts where corporations are tangling all of their materials with yours, so the tubes get clogged =(

I jk >_>

[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Oh, I know. You just tend to refute rather ... harshly, I think. Or maybe I was half-asleep. Something like that.

Which reminds me: is there a particular reason you post in [B][COLOR=indigo]indi[/COLOR][/B]go? :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]I try to tone it down, especially when it's something I feel strongly about. But while it's easy for me to see when I'm not deliberately being harsh, that isn't always true for others. But then that's a given I suppose since it's an online message board instead of a face to face discussion. Which is why I mentioned that seeing differently doesn't bother me no matter how strongly I may feel on a particular topic.

The school thing is mainly because there's been a lot of politics going on around the funding of schools lately and a lot of it I disagree with 100% Though I'm talking about Utah and nowhere else of course. It's not the same as what Konata is talking about, but still... I have my own ideas on how sick days and other things are handled, or rather how I think they should be handled.

As for the color, it's just my current favorite color. And incidentally goes well with the banner and avatar I made. I've used other colors in the past. But indigo is definitely my favorite so I'm using it. :p [/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
[SIZE="1"]When I'm sick I usually sit around and play video games. I couldn't sleep very much, so it was movies and games. With a cold I hate sleeping because when I wake up I feel even worse since you have to breath out your mouth because the nose is all stuffed up, which only makes your throat worse. Ick. XD[/SIZE]

Now I'm sick >_> Conveniently during Finals week... the week where I'm going to spend all of the nights studying, preparing for several presentations, and probably procrastinating on all of the former by drawing or going on the Internets until 1 AM ;P

But all day, I've just done some homework, a few tests for my online class, drawn some characters, browsed the Internet, etc, etc. The usual Sunday. And I'l probably pull an all-nighter studying for finals, lol.

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I love, yet hate being sick.

If I happen to get the worst of my sickness on my two or three days off from work I just lie around in bed all day and stare up at the ceiling and whine and complain for my girlfriend to bring me some soup and some Coke.

If it happens to fall on the days I do work, I act as miserable as possible so my boss sends me home and thus I get to lie around all day and whine and complain for soup and Coke.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...