OtakuBoards

What do you do when you are sick?

Aaryanna_Mom

Unless I'm about to faint or die, I'm probably going to just do what I always do like I wasn't sick. For several reasons.

1. Perfect attendance. Main priority. Important. VERY important.

2. Stay ahead with school. I have OCD when it comes to turning in assignments. I have to turn it in on the day it's due, or before. And I have some reasons for that but I'd keep that classified =3

3. I cannot stay in bed for too long. If I lay down for a few minutes and I'm not sleeping (it usually takes me hours to fall asleep >_>), then I'll raid myself with aphorisms. Since "the leopard's skin shows its spots in three days", I should stay on task or else the "spots will show" D:

Or, as they say, "the only thing you can not get more of is time" =(

Plus, as Sidney J. Harris once said, "the time to relax is -- when you don't have time for it."

Etc, etc.

So, I tend to stay up until like, 3-4AM. When I'm sick, it's the same thing.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I'm just recovering from some crappy stomach bug right now as it happens. The first two days I was just lazy so my usual gaming activities were totally dropped and instead I just sat watching the filth that's on TV during the day. And that's something I never do anymore at anytime is which TV.

Now that I'm mostly better I've been doing a lot more netting and gaming again, which is pleasing. I was hoping that my Naruto manga's would have returned while I was sick but they only got here today and there was only half of them so I couldn't start reading them. ¬_¬ I've read them before and know what happens but I just hate reading things out of order, I'm just picky like that.

As for getting better, I just let my body do all the work. Sod going to the Doctor's and getting all sorts of stuff, I just let me immune system do all the work and that's usually enough for me. I do tend to get weird cravings while I'm sick too, like wanting to eat Ice cream and cheese sandwiches. Go figure.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Yeah, I'm always a little bit ill because of my violent allergic reactions to everything that contains pollen or otherwise blooms or grows in the sun. I always wake up coughing phlegm, and sneezing, and my head usually feels several sizes too big.

Fortunately right now the hangover from my breakup booze happy fun time spree is over, so we're back to just sinus pain. But when I REALLY am sick, with a cold or a fever, I treat it in different ways.

I'm really asian, thanks to my mom, so when I have a cold, I lie back and eat chicken broth and rice simmered together. We call it 'shi-fan' and it's really tasty, but only when you're being an invalid. When I have a fever, I spend most of my time in a hae of heat, sleeping on top of my bed in sweats and with my hair caught behind me so it doesn't end up in my nose.

Unlike what I'm reading here, I don't take fever reducer medication because I believe the body can kick a virus's *** without my help. That and I've noticed that when I do break the fever with medication, I stay unwell for longer. So yeah it's a super fun time being me. But yeah. I sleep, or use my laptop in bed, which I try to not do unless I'm up late using cheats on gamefaqs.com to help me through whatever game I'm playing. God I'm evil.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Konata']I have OCD when it comes to turning in assignments. [/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]>_> I'd really like to strangle the guy who made that into a turn-of-phrase...

anywho, ATM I'm suffering a major cold. I'm sick a lot - maybe I don't bathe enough? Either way, it has a lot to do with the weather changing and my weak immune sysem -_- I only just recovered from allergy season and now the sudden biting winds have gotten me. Even so, I type and read through the tears and bite back the burning in my eyes... ugh, I'm about to go take a nice loooong shower T_T

...I sneezed so hard earlier I actually think I turned my throat inside out XD

EDIT: Sinc this post isn't nearly immature or retarded enough yet, here's a joke I spent too much time making: How is a cold like prostitution? It sucks because you blow a lot![/COLOR]

[quote name='Konata']1. Perfect attendance. Main priority. Important. VERY important.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]You are a fool. :animesmil

My guidelines:
[list][*]If you can function, go.
[*]If function level is impaired more than 43.68%, don't go. Anything attempted past this level of impairment will be distinctly less than best quality.[/list]

The material is of much more importance than the attendance. I will gladly sacrifice a day or two for recuperation, rather than spend three or five at half-capacity.

As for what I do while recuperation? Chicken soup, books, and sleep. My body heals faster when it does not have to worry about sustaining brain activity. :p[/FONT]

I sleep a LOT when I'm really sick, then draw, watch tv, do some work, and sleep some more.

I had a cold a month ago that I ignored because I had work in school, work work, and I was in charge of decorating a fancy choir show [which I had to work at..running a hiigh fever.]
That cold turned into bronchitis, I ignored it some more because I was too busy to care, then it turned into pneumonia..which has forced me to stay home this week :(
With all the meds the various doctors I've gone to, I've been totally feeling out of it.

But yeah..I've been sleeping an extreme amount the past week...

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]You are a fool. :animesmil

My guidelines:
[*]If function level is impaired more than 43.68%, don't go. Anything attempted past this level of impairment will be distinctly less than best quality.[/list]

The material is of much more importance than the attendance. I will gladly sacrifice a day or two for recuperation, rather than spend three or five at half-capacity.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

But if you don't go, then you're not only taking away money from the school, but you are also eliminating a part of your resume =(

Besides, you won't have to catch up if there's nothing to catch up on (if you go to school regardless of health). And ultimately, you'll learn more =P

I mean, I know my limits though. If I'm so sick, I might literally die if I go to school, I won't go to school. That's sorta the reason why I didn't get a perfect attendance award last year, since I had to go to the emergency room >_>

[quote name='Konata']But if you don't go, then you're not only taking away money from the school, but you are also eliminating a part of your resume =(

Besides, you won't have to catch up if there's nothing to catch up on (if you go to school regardless of health). And ultimately, you'll learn more =P

I mean, I know my limits though. If I'm so sick, I might literally die if I go to school, I won't go to school. That's sorta the reason why I didn't get a perfect attendance award last year, since I had to go to the emergency room >_>[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I make sure to miss exactly 6 days per semester. That's the maximum you can do without failing, but I don't want to miss any less, either, because those are missed opportunities. I usually manage well enough since I am very easy to get sick. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]My guidelines:
[*]If function level is impaired more than 43.68%, don't go. Anything attempted past this level of impairment will be distinctly less than best quality.[/list][/FONT][/QUOTE]Plus there is the danger that you'll go and end up puking all over the place when you arrive. XP At that point every student knows who you are and wants to toss you out the window for exposing them to what you have, even if it is on the second or third floor. No one is happy when that happens.

Most of the time I just go to school when I'm sick, but when I'm [I]that[/I] kind of sick, I just stay home and get better. I can't concentrate when I'm doing my best to keep from throwing up while I'm at school. It's just a total waste since I go home and can't remember anything that was said anyway. I only made that mistake once and I'll never do it again. lol[quote name='Konata']But if you don't go, then you're not only taking away money from the school, but you are also eliminating a part of your resume =(

I mean, I know my limits though. If I'm so sick, I might literally die if I go to school, I won't go to school. That's sorta the reason why I didn't get a perfect attendance award last year, since I had to go to the emergency room >_>[/QUOTE]Taking money from the school? Perhaps you could explain that one since it makes no sense at all.

Meh, I'd argue otherwise, especially if you have something that is contagious. Getting everyone else sick accomplishes nothing really. And I already argued the point that depending on what ails you, it's possible you'll learn absolutely nothing other than how much it sucks to be at school when you feel bad.

[quote name='Konata']But if you don't go, then you're not only taking away money from the school, but you are also eliminating a part of your resume =([/quote]
[FONT=Arial]As far as I am aware, I pay the school at the beginning of the year, and not every day. If you're thinking of federal money based on total enrollment, then I'm pretty sure you're off as well; the school isn't penalized for one student's two- to three-day absence.

And perfect attendance weighs very little on your résumé, believe it or not. Sure, it shows dedication (or mild psychosis :p), but extracurricular clubs, leadership positions, awards, recognitions, and test scores ? i.e., ACT, SAT, AP ? count for much more. And once you get into college, perfect attendance is worth basically nil on a résumé.

[QUOTE][I]Besides, you won't have to catch up if there's nothing to catch up on (if you go to school regardless of health). And ultimately, you'll learn more =P[/I][/QUOTE]
If you attend classes in a fog, then both your memory and your notes are unreliable. In that situation, you're still essentially catching up, and I prefer not to risk entering unreliable procedures and information into my head. Learning, unlearning and relearning is more time-consuming than delayed learning, and incredibly inefficient besides.

After-school tutoring is a workable option if necessary, as well as group study sessions.

[QUOTE][I]I mean, I know my limits though. If I'm so sick, I might literally die if I go to school, I won't go to school. That's sorta the reason why I didn't get a perfect attendance award last year, since I had to go to the emergency room >_>[/I][/QUOTE]
My heart bleeds for you. :D

Mind, I'm not saying I crash in bed the instant I catch a cold. I'll even fight through migraines. (Two straight days worth of band camp one year. I was moderately aggravated.) 43.68% impairment generally includes noticeable fatigue, mild loss of directional sense, occasional nausea, and a vocabulary limited to [I]"Uurghh..."[/I].

You know what I mean: it's called feeling like ****. :p[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]

And perfect attendance weighs very little on your résumé, believe it or not. Sure, it shows dedication (or mild psychosis :p), but extracurricular clubs, leadership positions, awards, recognitions, and test scores ? i.e., ACT, SAT, AP ? count for much more. And once you get into college, perfect attendance is worth basically nil on a résumé.[/quote]

I know it's relatively menial, but if I'm missing a Perfect Attendence Award listing on the resume, it makes me disappointed because it just shows that I didn't do my best. It's sorta like when you get a 99% out of 100%. It just shows that the 1% is what you could have also gotten to make it 100%, but you didn't.

[quote]If you attend classes in a fog, then both your memory and your notes are unreliable. In that situation, you're still essentially catching up, and I prefer not to risk entering unreliable procedures and information into my head. Learning, unlearning and relearning is more time-consuming than delayed learning, and incredibly inefficient besides.

After-school tutoring is a workable option if necessary, as well as group study sessions.[/quote]
That is a good reason, but in my opinion, I can't agree with that because I don't think you're necessarily learning and unlearning. Also, if you were absent, it's like you have an empty bowl to put grains of rice in. And you have to rely on others to fill the bowl up, by going to group study sessions or after-school tutoring. Whereas, if you attended school with your sickness, you might be "impaired" but you might still get some grains.

Plus, some people can't have after school tutoring or many group study sessions =P For example, if they have night classes (which can even last to around 10 PM or later) and a full schedule of courses and extracurricular activites. Even on weekends =P

[quote name='"Rachmaninoff"']Taking money from the school? Perhaps you could explain that one since it makes no sense at all.[/quote]

I'm a bit in a hurry, but D:

Sorry I only cite from the Internet D:

[quote name='"lif.org"']When children miss school because of asthma and related illnesses, schools lose money"[/quote]

[quote name='"LA Times"']Throughout most of the school year campuses lose nearly $30 for each day a student is absent.[/quote]

And since this applies to me >_>
[quote="California Education Code, Section 46010.3"]for purposes of calculating days of
attendance in order to compute any apportionment of state funding
under this code,...[/quote]

If you need any more, feel free to ask =P

Btw, sorry for any typographical errors. My computer doesn't register all of the commands '>_>

[quote name='Konata']I know it's relatively menial, but if I'm missing a Perfect Attendence Award listing on the resume, it makes me disappointed because it just shows that I didn't do my best. It's sorta like when you get a 99% out of 100%. It just shows that the 1% is what you could have also gotten to make it 100%, but you didn't.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]If self-satisfaction 's-what floats your boat, then sure. Go for it. Ain't like I'm gonna lose any sleep over your decisions. :p

And I'm not sayin' its not a good thing to strive for. I just find it ultimately pointless. Kind of like Valedictorian. [I]Waaay[/I] too much stress on those people. (I know. I'm friends with our class's Salutatorian, and she gets two hours of sleep a night as well. She thought it was natural. :rolleyes:)

(She was surprised at how good she felt after she got nine hours for a week.)

[QUOTE][I]That is a good reason, but in my opinion, I can't agree with that because I don't think you're necessarily learning and unlearning. Also, if you were absent, it's like you have an empty bowl to put grains of rice in. [U]And you have to rely on others to fill the bowl up, by going to group study sessions or after-school tutoring[/U]. Whereas, if you attended school with your sickness, you might be "impaired" but you might still get some grains.[/I][/QUOTE]
You're relying on others to fill your bowl no matter what you do. That's what the teachers are doing there. ;)

To be honest, I have never done either of the options I suggested. I always taught myself the material I'd missed in class, [I]based on[/I] how that teacher had been leading up to it and how the textbook was directing itself. And even then, someone had to write the book....

Anyway, what I wanted to say was this: when I learn while significantly sick, I risk putting in corn kernels in with the rice, and once my bowl is full I have to go back, pick out the kernels, and replace them with grains of rice. It's inefficient and bothersome to me, especially when I have to track down those pesky kernels that hide lower down in the bowl...erm, those procedures I mislearned or misunderstood.

Odd about those school system information snippets. I should really look that up....[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Konata']But if you don't go, then you're not only taking away money from the school, but you are also eliminating a part of your resume =([/QUOTE]I don't know what you've been reading, but really, that's just not true. What you are talking about is a program that is an incentive for the school districts to increase attendance by offering so much per day for each kid that attends. That money is on top of what funding they already get. They get funded whether or not you show up. The article isn't recent, but this explains it a bit: [URL="http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2005/08/20/news/californian/22_02_058_19_05.txt"][U]Article[/U][/URL]

So really, you are not taking money away from the school, not when you consider that they are actually using some of the funds to offer up prizes and such for students that qualify. XP The cost of some of those prizes would easily cover you and quite a few other students being sick, which is a perfectly acceptable reason for missing school. So to make you think you are cheating the school is just wrong.

It's just a gimmick to increase attendance and in many ways it's flawed. The fact that they lose money for legitimate absences is absolutely absurd if you ask me. As well as wasting some of the money on prizes since the very same money could have been used for the schools. Also, I'm pretty sure that not all of the states are doing the same thing. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]If self-satisfaction 's-what floats your boat, then sure. Go for it. Ain't like I'm gonna lose any sleep over your decisions. :p[/quote]
Likewise ;D

[quote]And I'm not sayin' its not a good thing to strive for. I just find it ultimately pointless. Kind of like Valedictorian. [I]Waaay[/I] too much stress on those people. (I know. I'm friends with our class's Salutatorian, and she gets two hours of sleep a night as well. She thought it was natural. :rolleyes:)

(She was surprised at how good she felt after she got nine hours for a week.)[/quote]
And I'm not saying that you're saying it's not a good thing to strive for =P
I wouldn't say it's pointless though, because there is a point, otherwise they wouldn't even have a Perfect Attendance award.

[quote]You're relying on others to fill your bowl no matter what you do. That's what the teachers are doing there. ;)[/quote]

But you're relying on more than just the teachers to fill that bowl, and that means you'll be a burden on more.

[quote]To be honest, I have never done either of the options I suggested. I always taught myself the material I'd missed in class, [I]based on[/I] how that teacher had been leading up to it and how the textbook was directing itself. And even then, someone had to write the book....[/quote]

The problem with that method is that some of the information (a large majority of it in some cases) might not be from the book. Some teachers find it better to teach more than just what's required reading. So, absence will not ony leave you without the required knowledge, but some other knowledge that may benefit you =P After all, as Wlliam A. Ward once said, "the mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." And if your teacher is superior or great in Ward's terms, it's unfortunate to have missed such a time.

[quote]Anyway, what I wanted to say was this: when I learn while significantly sick, I risk putting in corn kernels in with the rice, and once my bowl is full I have to go back, pick out the kernels, and replace them with grains of rice. It's inefficient and bothersome to me, especially when I have to track down those pesky kernels that hide lower down in the bowl...erm, those procedures I mislearned or misunderstood.[/quote]
But what exactly are those corn kernels? (´・`)フ

[QUOTE=Konata]And I'm not saying that you're saying it's not a good thing to strive for =P
I wouldn't say it's pointless though, because there is a point, otherwise they wouldn't even have a Perfect Attendance award.[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial]Semantically, you're right; the point is to say "Hey, you've been here every day. We should probably recognize you." I rank it slightly higher than the Participation Award.

...which is pretty low down on the list, to be honest. :animesmil

[QUOTE][I]But you're relying on more than just the teachers to fill that bowl, and that means you'll be a burden on more.[/I][/QUOTE]
It's only a burden if nobody wants to do it. And there's nothing saying you can't return the favor and do some catching up of your classmates when they miss.

That argument actually sounded more antisocial than anything else. :p Funny, because I get mistaken for that type all the time....

[QUOTE][I]The problem with that method is that some of the information (a large majority of it in some cases) might not be from the book. Some teachers find it better to teach more than just what's required reading. So, absence will not ony leave you without the required knowledge, but some other knowledge that may benefit you =P After all, as Wlliam A. Ward once said, "the mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires." And if your teacher is superior or great in Ward's terms, it's unfortunate to have missed such a time.[/I][/QUOTE]
True. But then again, if I'm only semi-coherent, I'm probably not going to catch the unique connection or material anyway.

I love how philosophical we're both waxing, here. It's moderately amusing. :animesmil

[QUOTE][I]But what exactly are those corn kernels? (´・`)フ[/I][/QUOTE]
Stuff you don't want in with the rice. (Like, duh. :p) I was just extending the metaphor there.

I'm tired. I go sleep now. (I'll read the article milady Beth linked us to later this weekend.)[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Semantically, you're right; the point is to say "Hey, you've been here every day. We should probably recognize you." I rank it slightly higher than the Participation Award.

...which is pretty low down on the list, to be honest. :animesmil[/quote]
And is also still on the list, which causes it to be somewhat significant.

[quote]It's only a burden if nobody wants to do it. And there's nothing saying you can't return the favor and do some catching up of your classmates when they miss.

That argument actually sounded more antisocial than anything else. :p Funny, because I get mistaken for that type all the time....[/quote]
But if someone helps you without thinking of it as a burden at all, then you're left with an impending burden of being fair and returning the favor when they miss. Of course, there are people who don't think of it as a burden. But usually, you can't go asking everyone "Hey, I missed a class. Will it be a burden to reteach me everything from that day?", expecting 100% accurate results. If they're a "friend", they're probably going to say it won't be a burden, whether or not it is a burden. In the words of Shakespeare, "I must be cruel only to be kind", and in that sense, there are too many people out there today that are much too cruel. Therefore, in a dishonest society, one can never know if one is a burden or not. In order to avoid such conflicts, the better solution would be to attend school and be a burden on oneself rather than others.

[quote]Stuff you don't want in with the rice. (Like, duh. :p) I was just extending the metaphor there.[/quote]
I meant the meaning of it. Examples and what not =P Because I'm curious to what wrong things could replace knowledge.

Oh, and totally missed that post. >_>

@SunfallE: Some schools need that money =P For other purposes too. Like textbooks. Or paying off debt (severely, in some cases). So ultimately, by being absent, you're limiting the money that the school is receiving, and thus taking away money that they could have. And I know not all states are doing the same thing. Not all states are allowed to hunt bullfrogs with firearms, and not all states legalize molestation of butterflies (Okay, maybe just Pacific Groves makes that illegal). That's why I said the law applies to my place >_>

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Konata']@SunfallE: [B] Some schools need that money =P For other purposes too. Like textbooks. Or paying off debt (severely, in some cases). So ultimately, by being absent, you're limiting the money that the school is receiving, and thus taking away money that they could have. [/B] And I know not all states are doing the same thing. Not all states are allowed to hunt bullfrogs with firearms, and not all states legalize molestation of butterflies (Okay, maybe just Pacific Groves makes that illegal). That's why I said the law applies to my place >_>[/QUOTE]Tell the schools to stop offering prizes like a new car since that will pay for quite a few textbooks and also, if a student is legitimately sick, altering the program so students can have say three days a year where the school still get's paid if they have a doctor's note is more than reasonable.

The only one limiting it here is the adults in charge, not the underage minors. Never forget that ultimately it's the adults responsibly to make those decisions. And trying to make the students think they are 'limiting' their funds is passing undeserved and unrealistic expectations onto the students.

It's one thing to try and make students more responsible, and yet another to punish them for things beyond their control. Like getting sick. Also, there's no need for the response about silly things other states allow, since Konata, you did [I]not[/I] specify that it only applied to your place. At least not initially.

As for myself, since I go to college and pay my tuition in advance and attendance only affects my grade if I miss too much or get behind, if I'm really sick. I stay home and rest. Though that doesn't happen very often since I'm rarely so sick that I can't attend school.[/COLOR]

[quote name='indifference'][COLOR="Indigo"]Tell the schools to stop offering prizes like a new car since that will pay for quite a few textbooks[/quote]
But that itself is overgeneralization because there are schools that don't offer prizes like that and are still in financial debt due to reasons, such as, paying for students' college tuitions and textbooks (example being high schools that are on a college campus and offer such a program). Of course, I admit that some schools like that do have occasional prizes. Like a $25 gift card for raising $1000+ for the school.

[quote]and also, if a student is legitimately sick, altering the program so students can have say three days a year where the school still get's paid if they have a doctor's note is more than reasonable.

The only one limiting it here is the adults in charge, not the underage minors. Never forget that ultimately it's the adults responsibly to make those decisions. And trying to make the students think they are 'limiting' their funds is passing undeserved and unrealistic expectations onto the students.[/quote]
I'm only voicing my personal opinion, and I don't intend on trying to alter a program to make it more reasonable, seeing as I not only find it reasonable, but I also don't believe we can always make things more reasonable.

[quote]It's one thing to try and make students more responsible, and yet another to punish them for things beyond their control. Like getting sick. [/quote]
True, but that's not really [b]necessarily[/b] punishing in the sense that they're not being harmed. Of course, I say this by distinguishing reward from punishment. They reward those who are able to stay in school the entire time, and the school gets a reward as well. The punishment it leaves some students with an absence is the fact that they missed out on a day of school (and perfect attendance award). And to many, that's not a punishment. To others, it is.

[quote]Also, there's no need for the response about silly things other states allow[/quote]
I was intending on providing a little satire or humor into this but I guess I'm not funny (  ゚,_ゝ゚)

[quote]since Konata, you did [I]not[/I] specify that it only applied to your place. At least not initially.[/quote]

[quote]And since this applies to me >_>[/quote]
[quote]LA Times[/quote]
[quote]California Education Code, Section 46010.3[/quote]

But I respect everyone's posts =P I'm just defending my claim, but if it's offensive, I will by all means stop. I don't want to get on anyone's bad side D:

[COLOR="Indigo"]That's why I said [I]initially[/I]. I was referring to your first post where you mentioned it. :p Since your first post did not and the others did. Also, don't worry about getting on someone's bad side. We simply see it differently. I have no patience for programs like that, or the concept of perfection in anything because in the end, it's an illusion. Also, when I say the prize of a car... I was going off of what was in the article that was linked to. I'm sure that's not true of all the school districts.

Just wait until you get more into the politics behind how the state and federal government slash funding for schools on a regular basis, or perhaps you already do. But that more than anything is why any attempt to make the students feel responsible is sheer stupidity in my opinion. Because the lack of funding in the end is completely out of their control. They can't even choose to reject the reward system based on attendance. So in my mind, they can't be held accountable for it since they aren't the ones who chose to implement it.

Think about it, kids are required by law to go to school, most don't hold a job, don't pay taxes, can't even vote and yet they're being told that if they are gone over being sick they are costing the school money? That's just ludicrous in my opinion. Sure the school is losing out, but it's hardly the student's fault. Now if a kid is skipping classes just because they don't feel like going, then yeah, you could say it's their fault since they could have been there. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Konata']And is also still on the list, which causes it to be somewhat significant.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]And now you're just being silly. :p We could probably end up going at each other like this for hours on end, and I bet neither of us would get the least bit bored.

Hooray. (^_^)

[QUOTE][I]But if someone helps you without thinking of it as a burden at all, then you're left with an impending burden of being fair and returning the favor when they miss.
[I]//snip//[/I]
In order to avoid such conflicts, the better solution would be to attend school and be a burden on oneself rather than others.[/I][/QUOTE]
So then you [I]are[/I] one of those peculiar people who think catching someone up is a burden. Pardon me if I'm missing something, but the rest of us humans like to help a brotha' out. Ya know?

It's like you're doing everything in your power to avoid other people. You're not overly phobic, are you? :animesmil

[QUOTE][I]I meant the meaning of it. Examples and what not =P Because I'm curious to what wrong things could replace knowledge.[/I][/QUOTE]
Misinformation. Incorrect procedures.

You haven't spoken with me before, so I'll forgive you for not expecting to have your metaphor turned back on you. ;)

[I]Ho,[/I] there, [COLOR="DarkRed"]indi[/COLOR]-girl! Ease up. Ain't no need for us to have on o' them cat-fights in this here thread. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Konata[/COLOR] and I is just banterin', is all.

(I want to add "stop being so literal".... :p)

Actually, if my absence cost the school money, I wouldn't shed a tear.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial][I]Ho,[/I] there, [COLOR="DarkRed"]indi[/COLOR]-girl! Ease up. Ain't no need for us to have on o' them cat-fights in this here thread. [COLOR="DarkRed"]Konata[/COLOR] and I is just banterin', is all.

(I want to add "stop being so literal".... :p)

Actually, if my absence cost the school money, I wouldn't shed a tear.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Do me a favor Allamorph, call me Crystia. indi girl just makes me think of Indiana Jones. [[SIZE="1"]How that happens... I have no idea.[/SIZE]] Also, there is no cat-fight. We disagree and that's all there is to it really. Nothing to get excited over I assure you. Life would be pretty boring if we all had the same opinion so I have no problem with not seeing it the same. That just makes it more fun actually.

Also, I agree with that last bit, if my absence cost the school money, I wouldn't shed a tear either. But that ties into the slash of school funding and what departments get nailed and what ones don't and that would need a separate thread to cover all the stupidity involved in the politics behind which area's of school are cut and those that aren't. If I really want to discuss that I'll start another thread for it. :p[/COLOR]

[color=crimson]I was sick earlier this week and I handled it with sleep, caldo de pollo, and skipping a day of college. It was some kind of weird sickness. My temperature would spike every time I got off of ibuprofen, my neck was a bit stiff, and my throat hurt when I swallowed. It is pretty much gone by now, but I have no idea what "it" was.

I think caldo de pollo is the best thing for a hurting throat. Delicious and nutritious.[/color]