Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[SIZE="1"]So I'm making a movie poster for my final Intro To Computer Graphics class project, and I'm curious what people would like to see made into a movie. What kind of movies or games would you like to see spoofs or remakes of? Or what new kind of movie would you like to see made? I want to get an idea of what the most popular genre would be and whatnot. [/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]So I'm making a movie poster for my final Intro To Computer Graphics class project, and I'm curious what people would like to see made into a movie. What kind of movies or games would you like to see spoofs or remakes of? Or what new kind of movie would you like to see made? I want to get an idea of what the most popular genre would be and whatnot. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Have a poster of a man jumping out of explosions! That would make everyone wow and want to watch that movie. Nah, really, are you looking for an A in the class, or just being creative and great, even if you won't get an A (although you will probably get an A depending on your teacher)?If you want to just conform to your teacher's standards, what does he/she like most? Or at least, what does he/she usually give As on? But if you don't want to conform, then what interests you most?

Also, what are your requirements?

But if your teacher appreciates the conformity of nonconformity, then go for it! As in, be creative.

I personally would love to see a spoof of something. A well-made one at that. Like, exposing the obvious cliche in some various bestsellers, lol.
Posted
[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]So I'm making a movie poster for my final Intro To Computer Graphics class project, and I'm curious what people would like to see made into a movie. What kind of movies or games would you like to see spoofs or remakes of? Or what new kind of movie would you like to see made? I want to get an idea of what the most popular genre would be and whatnot. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

I'm partial to parodies, myself, but I'm thinking if all you need is a poster, I only have one word for you:

Freakazoid.

If you're planning on actually making a movie of it eventually, maybe not, but it would still be fun to see.
Posted
[quote name='cancer'][SIZE="1"]So I'm making a movie poster for my final Intro To Computer Graphics class project, and I'm curious what people would like to see made into a movie. What kind of movies or games would you like to see spoofs or remakes of? Or what new kind of movie would you like to see made? I want to get an idea of what the most popular genre would be and whatnot. [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"] HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 4!!!!11

[spoiler]Even though I secretly like HSM.[/spoiler]

But seriously, I would just suggest doing whatever you wanted to do. Pick a book you like that could be easily transferred to a movie, or a book that would be awesome as a movie, or whatever. :)[/font]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][U][B]1984[/B][/U] by George Orwell.



[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]


[SIZE=1]Seconded.

I'd do anything if I were you, but some games I'd always thought of as movies are my personal favourites: Killzone and the Red Faction games. War games, shoot 'em up, but no crap like that Doom movie. You can have so much (or so little) on a movie poster for games like that - something creepy, action packed, something epic... you know?

I think the most popular genre now... actually I don't know. What do I know, however, is sci-fi posters and advertisements attract more attention. I find that's the case, anyway. It's an excuse to use lots of flashy graphics, plus sci-fi is way cooler, it kinda breaks into every genre so you can do what you want.[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Vicky'][SIZE=1]I'd do anything if I were you, but some games I'd always thought of as movies are my personal favourites: [B]Killzone[/B][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Seconded.

Killzone was an awesome game, and I'd love to see what kind of poster you could make for it cancer. Either that, or you go for one of the greatest games ever produced by mankind: [b]Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater[/b].[/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][U][B]1984[/B][/U] by George Orwell.



[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT=Arial][strike]Seconded[/strike] Thirded. (Dang it, [COLOR="DarkRed"]Vicky[/COLOR]!! :p)

Also, [U]LotR: The Third Age[/U]. (It needs a trilogy as well, so you've got the continued profit angle.)[/FONT]
Posted
[SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]When [B]Vicky[/B] mentioned sci-fi posters, I naturally thought of the 50's. So if you could somehow pull off a [U][B]1984[/B][/U] poster in this style:

[URL="http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/3/3f/Day_the_Earth_Stood_Still_1951.jpg"]click 1[/URL]
[URL="http://www.morbidmonster.com/FineArt/Posters/ThisIslandEarthInsert.jpg"]click 2[/URL]

that would be awesome.



[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Posted
[quote name='Aceburner']The scariest thing to think about is the fact that you probably didn't mean to hold shift for those exclamation points.[/QUOTE]

[font="trebuchet ms"]Lol...except I did. And whatever, HSM rocks. :p[/font]
Posted
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Since we're starting to move into advice on getting certain graphic or artistic effects, I'm going to shuffle this over to the Art Studio. ^_~[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray][U][B]1984[/B][/U] by George Orwell.



[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"][strike]Seconded[/strike]. [strike]Thirded[/strike]. Agreed.

I had to do a similar project in my Intro to Graphic Design class. I did two different ideas, one was called Deadbeat Club, and the other Rockstar. They are both based off of songs, though I'm not sure if this is within your parameters.

Deadbeat Club is a song by the B-52's, and I illustrated it with a large image of Kieth Strickland. My tagline was 'Let's go crash that party down in Normaltown tonight", which is a line from the song. The "movie" starred all of the members of the B-52's.

I went with a similar idea on Rockstar, which was illustrated with a three-member band using my own personal characters. It was based off of the Nickelback song, I wanna be a rockstar. I also used the line "We'll all stay skinny 'cause we just won't eat" as my tagline.



Using music as the jumping point can be successful, though my ideas weren't the best they could be. But I definitely like the idea of a 1984 poster.[/SIZE][/FONT]
Posted
[quote name='Mr. Maul'][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]"He who controls the present, controls the past. He who controls the past, controls the future."

There's your tagline.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Definitely a great tagline, probably the best line in the entire movie.[/SIZE]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...