OtakuBoards

Background for posts?

Lilt

[B][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi guys. I've seen quite a few RP's in the Audition forum with a colored background or even an image for a background. I know you can do this with CSS coding but I don't know how to do this on OB.

I hope this isn't the wrong place to ask, but how do you put a background for your text?

Thanks in advance for your help. ^^
[/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

[size=1]You can use limited HTML in the Adventure Square. The backgrounds you're talking about are just HTML tables. You could see the code by quoting people who use it.

An example would be:

[indent][b]

[/b][/indent]

There's an URL in this one, which links to the image used as the background you want. You place the text within the tags like usual and [i]voila[/i]; your text has a background. :whoops:[/size]

[color=#4B0082]Add a bgcolor="color" attribute to the table tag and you should be good. Even if you're using an image background it's good to include a background color similar to that of the image in case the image doesn't load. That way your text won't end up unreadable if you're using a light font color against a dark background or something like that.[/color]