OtakuBoards

FF Mottos

Zidargh

[SIZE=1]Ok, I have no problem with this being deleted if this is spam. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]I have been thinking lately and in Final Fantasy, there is alot of of sayings that I believe. Final Fantasy 9 is the most obvious one. From Zidane's motto, ' You don't need a reason to help people' I believe that. And one of Cloud's sayings, ' life is like a train on it's rails'. I think that what he means is that in life, life flows through, and stops in different locations. Which could mean a certain event in life occurs at that time. And when you try to take the easy way out (taking shortcuts), the train would topple as life has a destination.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=1]What do you think of any of the sayings in Final Fantasy?[/SIZE]

Guest maverick
[SIZE=3][FONT=times new roman][COLOR=darkred]
can anybody tell what that motto '' haven sworn fealty must i spend my life in servitude''' from stainer in ff9 means

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yea i can... it means he is a knight and therefore has sworn loyalty to princess garnet till andross the 17th and must protect her and do as she says... kinda like a paid slave ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]"To be forgotten is worse than death."-Freya FFIX

I think that means that if you die, then... um... actually I dunno how to put it... but I know it :whoops: [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
I think what Freya basically means by this is, as her long lost love has travelled far away, she awaits him to return to her. But, as the years go by, she finds out that the people of or what was of Burmecia seem to lose memory of him, even though he was a hero. And she discovers that she will always remember him, but in her heart she wonders if he is still walking the planet of Gaia. Although you find out more later on in the game. I wont spoil it.

[COLOR=crimson]I have studied thatMotto of Steiners as much as I can, and I can't figure out why it's there... He never shows grief at being in servitude throughout the entire game... Same with Quina... She never has that attitude stuff...[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nerdsy [/i]
[B][COLOR=crimson]I have studied thatMotto of Steiners as much as I can, and I can't figure out why it's there... He never shows grief at being in servitude throughout the entire game... Same with Quina... She never has that attitude stuff...[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
[SIZE=1]If you look closely at Final Fantasy IX you'll notice that he does a few times. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Have you notice that he sighs alot? This would most likely be due to feality being sworn. Another example is when the love poem gets out to everyone, Beatrix, etc, he mutters something like, 'how long will this have to last?'. There are others. Although there maybe other purposes.[/SIZE]

Guest maverick
:D maybe he sigh because he' a wusssssssssss and is a fraid
and that zidane gets the princess in others words he envys
zidane :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maverick [/i]
[B]:D maybe he sigh because he' a wusssssssssss and is a fraid
and that zidane gets the princess in others words he envys
zidane :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: [/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Hmm, yeah. But it would be treason if a member of the royal guard and especially a captain fell in love with Garnet(Dagger). Zidane's always laid back and has always respected those whe meets. And I think Steiner has to be firm on him, in a test of his ability. Just in case, if anything happened to Steiner, then Zidane would be able to take care of Garnet(Dagger). In a way, I think Garnet and Steiner are related some how. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Hmm, yeah. But it would be treason if a member of the royal guard and especially a captain fell in love with Garnet(Dagger). Zidane's always laid back and has always respected those whe meets. And I think Steiner has to be firm on him, in a test of his ability. Just in case, if anything happened to Steiner, then Zidane would be able to take care of Garnet(Dagger). In a way, I think Garnet and Steiner are related some how. [/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=crimson]I highly doubt Steiner and Garnet are related... Because if you remember....[/COLOR]

SPOILER!
SPOILER!
SPOILER!
SPOILER!

Garnet actually comes from Madain(sp?) Sari, the Summoner Village. If Steiner came from there, he would have had horns and been able to summon. Also, Kuja would have gone straight after Steiner, because of his age, before waiting until Dagger matures. No, I think Steiner is merely a servant.