OtakuBoards

What's your New Years Eve Plans?

Aberinkula

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]My plans for the New Years? That's easy, I'm doing it right now. Where I live, there is nothing to do at New Years parties but drink. And as I am 17 years old, that seems like a bad choice to make, so I will have little else to do other than be online.

Last year I went to a New Years party with some friends, like SoS and Ace. But last time I checked, nothing like that is happening. So I will be here.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]I'll probably sit around playing games and watching anime unless my friends want to go do something. Though that something would likely be sitting around, playing games and watching anime, just together.

If I'm by myself I'll log into Guild Wars at midnight for the first Wintersday finale event of the day. They happen every three hours on the 1st, starting at midnight. BSing with guild mates and getting my character drunk at the holiday events is always amusing.[/color]

[quote name='Dagger']It looks like I'll be staying home and nursing my poor overworked dad, who just got shingles. :animedepr

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][font=lucida calligraphy]Sorry to hear that Dagger. Wear gloves and wash your hands often. That's all I have to say to that.

As for myself my New Years Eve plans consist of working until 8:30PM then coming home and taking some food from my parents' party then hiding out upstairs whilst I try to write my fanfictions and talk to my boyfriend online. Joy unbounded eh?

I am trying to have a make up New Years Eve party with myself and the two friends I have left here in Rochester (God that makes me sound pathetic eh?) but unfortunately it doesn't seem like one of my friends knows how to use a phone and it seems like her fiance doesn't like me. My other friend still doesn't know either. It's enough to make me want to move to Troy. :animesigh

Looking through this I vote we all just add eachother to our IM lists and have our own little party. I'll bring the cupcakes.[/color][/font]

[font="trebuchet ms"] I actually may just stay home, actually, because my parents want me to.

It's a Korean tradition to eat a traditional soup for breakfast every New Years, and then have the whole children bow to parents/relatives and receive loads of cash. ;)[/font]

I am going to a New Years Eve party with my girl and her family, actually this will be my first new years away from home.

Maybe if I am lucky I will get to go to Times Square and see the ball drop LIVE, instead of just watching it on TV.

Likely my folks will be glad I am not home on new years. For the past few years now I have set off some light explosive mixtures in the backyard, mostly of the flash-bang variety because of the holiday. My favorite one is Acetalyne-Oxygen, it makes a light brighter than a camera flash and a bang to rival the largest firecrackers.

[quote name='Premonition'][color="#776576"]What pisses me off is that my friend's going to give me a condom cause my girlfriend is there. And I'm not there to have sex I'm there for fun.
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]I thought sex was fun? Anyway, I think your friend is half smart. Better to be prepared. He would be smarter if he brought you half of a dozen condoms instead of one condom though. Having one condom is like going to a shooting range and firing one bullet. Yeah, it is fun, but since you are there you might as well have a good time and fire off a few rounds.

(and yes, I realize that your intention was to write that you don?t want to be pressured into having sex, so, in case you felt the need, you don?t have to clarify).

I am heading into Cleveland tonight with my girlfriend for some dancing and drinking with my quasi-girlfriend (who would be very upset with me if she knew I referred to her as my quasi-girlfriend) at a swanky downtown hotel. It should be a merry time, I?m actually looking forward to getting all dressed up and hitting the town.[/color]

[COLOR="Magenta"]So far for New Years Eve, I went snowboarding up at Boreal for the entire day with some friends. [/COLOR]
I also am going to stay up until midnight pacific time and call all of my friends to wish them a happy new year.
[COLOR="magenta"]I so wish that I could go to a party but I want to stay with my family and count down the seconds to a New Year[/COLOR]
Happy New Year to those that live on the East Coast!!