OtakuBoards

What's your New Years Eve Plans?

Aberinkula

[color="#776576"]To escape the heated discusions, I've decided to break out with a thread that won't cause a huge debate.

What are you going to do this New Year's Eve? Any party's you're going to, or are you just going to sit at home and watch TV with your family? And what did you do last year? Or any new years for that matter.

I myself, might be going to a friends party with a couple of other friends. Her parents are gone, and it would just be us having fun for two days. But other than that's it's going to be rather bland. But we might end up playing DDR or Guitar Hero all day. [spoiler]What pisses me off is that my friend's going to give me a condom cause my girlfriend is there. And I'm not there to have sex I'm there for fun.[/spoiler]

Last year I went to a party wiht my brother. It's nice that they didn't want to insult me cause I'm young. But it was fun burning them every chance I got. Than he got into a fight with one fo his friends. He went back later to beat the kid up, but the kid hugged him crying and said never to fight again.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]lol, kinda late don't you think? Anyway, I went out and bought stuff for my paents with my grandma, then we all sat around the table and built a puzzle while watching TV, and then we watched A Christmas Story which is the greatest thing the 60s and Xmas ever produced, period.

Tomooro my grandma's gunna cook the turkey and all. Xmas is pretty much a black comedy at my house because my parents are so very cynical - my dad only does Xmas cuz he knows we look forward to it, and my mom HATES the whole concept and spends the whole time whining about capitalism blablabla. Then my ggrandma is the Christian traditionalist and all, it's a fun combination.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Tomooro my grandma's gunna cook the turkey and all. Xmas is pretty much a black comedy at my house because my parents are so very cynical - my dad only does Xmas cuz he knows we look forward to it, and my mom HATES the whole concept and spends the whole time whining about capitalism blablabla. Then my ggrandma is the Christian traditionalist and all, it's a fun combination.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="77656"]That's funny, because that's my family during Christmas. My grandma is a huge Christian. I swear if she saw a pagan walk by achurch, she's shoot rays out of her eyes at the person. My dad is just doing it cause I look forword to it, this is his first year without his father, so it's hard for him. And my mom hates the holiday cause she has to get up early and get presents. It's fun as hell.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Deus ex Machina'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]watched [b]A Christmas Story[/b] which is the greatest thing the 60s and Xmas ever produced, period.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Believe it or not, I hate that movie lol. I almost went crazy last year because of that marathon.

In any case, I'll be going to my church to kick in the new year. This'll be my first time going to our New Year's eve service, and I look forward to it. It cetainly beat sitting around the house listening to people shoot their guns off all night.

Last year, I did exactly that too. Online while people were outside shooting. >_>[/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]lol, kinda late don't you think? [/COLOR][/QUOTE]How do you figure that? New Year's Eve won't happen till next Monday. Anyway...

Unless my plans change, I'll be spending it with my girlfriend and friends. We haven't really made any set plans just yet, but we will be doing something together, whether it's to have a party, watch movies, play games, etc. We just know that we will do something together next Monday to celebrate the New Year. :catgirl:

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']How do you figure that? New Year's Eve won't happen till next Monday. Anyway...

Unless my plans change, I'll be spending it with my girlfriend and friends. We haven't really made any set plans just yet, but we will be doing something together, whether it's to have a party, watch movies, play games, etc. We just know that we will do something together next Monday to celebrate the New Year. :catgirl:[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]O_O I totally thought it said Christmas eve....... I need to pay attention......[/COLOR]

New Year's Eve will be spent like it has been for the past few years, with friends and family. My brother-in-law and his new wife, my brother and a pile of our friends will invade my house for food, drinks, games and conversation. After the typical midnight toasts and kisses, we will break into "Happy Birthday" since we also use the gathering to celebrate my brother-in-law's (Jan. 1st), my brother (Jan. 4th) and my (Jan. 3) birthday.

We have an epic Guitar Hero tournament planned. We shall be rockin'! But not too loud since my next door neighbor is a cop. lol

[size=1]Three parties and my big brothers birthday. My birthday ten days after so I get some beer for new years.

Have a party in the student village with some mad Uni student, then I'm going to another party at about 10/11pm, and walking to another party whenever I feel like it (which is probably the better party I'm staying over night at). I think I'm having a get together with some of my old friends on the 2nd, too, so I have my work cut out for me this new years.

Makes up for Christmas which is a pile of old **** =)[/SIZE]

I will probably have an anime marathon. Because I am letting my pile of unwatched stuff get to big. If I don't do that though I will try to find a good looking girl at my school and hang out with her for a while and talk about things that she probably doesn't understand(Anime,Tool,Guild Wars ect...). Either way it's a nerdgasm waiting to happen and it might even be fun.

[FONT="Georgia"]Haha, I feel bad, but I'm trying to find a party or a huge group of people to join onto so I can avoid spending New Years by myself with a particular friend who, unfortunately for him, has a crush on me. I like spending time with him and everything, but if we were alone I'm pretty sure he'd try to go in for the midnight kiss. GOD FORBID. So [I]hopefully[/I] we will find a party and I can avoid any and all awkward scenarios.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Anomaly'][FONT="Georgia"]Haha, I feel bad, but I'm trying to find a party or a huge group of people to join onto so I can avoid spending New Years by myself with a particular friend who, unfortunately for him, has a crush on me. I like spending time with him and everything, but if we were alone I'm pretty sure he'd try to go in for the midnight kiss. GOD FORBID. So [I]hopefully[/I] we will find a party and I can avoid any and all awkward scenarios.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Heh, and here I'm hoping I'll end up with some time alone with my boyfriend for that midnight kiss... since it's likely the party we'll be going to will have quite a few friends around as well. lol Other than that I have no plans, just a get together with my boyfriend and friends is what it looks like I'll be doing this year. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"]I'm going to a party, a rather mild one at that since other than to watch movies, play games, have good food and stuff, there won't be much in the way of drinking or anything like that. I'm sure my boyfriend and I will ditch the others later on for some time alone when the new year finally comes around. That's what usually happens. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition']And I'm not there to have sex I'm there for fun.[/quote]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]O_o?

My New Years plans are the following:
[LIST]
[*]Countdown to Midnight
[*]Get Drunk
[*]Party
[*]Play Guitar Hero with my drunk friends and whoop them all.
[/LIST]

I can't wait.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Well, now that I know it's about New Years, it will proably not be unlike the rest of my holiday week, AKA playing lots of video games, only my glasses of mountain Dew will be replaced witht the one hting sbetter, sparkling cider, and after the countdown my brother and I will ddo our yearly routine where we go outside and yell things off into the night. this has b een a tradition ever since the year my cousin and I went out and did a pseudo-radio show yelling random things, and ever since we like to go outside and holler about. 2 years ago I lived in a house where my room had a would-be balcony and my brothers and friend blasted Run to the Hills by Iron Maiden and held our own fake concert on the balcony.

The house I'm living in now doens't have any really high place to stand on while we yell like my last 2 did, so maybe I'll climb up in a tree and to it. [/COLOR]

Well, seeing as how I'm the baby in the family and my parents actually care what I do, (Unlike my brother, who was always out all night and drinking and partying)

I'm sneaking out to attend a party...

Well, okay, I'm not exactly sneaking out because I've asked permission. I'm driving to Tulsa (about 1 1/2 hours away) to spend a few days with a frind of mine. And from his house, I'll be sneaking out...

Okay, so again, it's not really sneaking out since his parents don't care as long as we don't drive and they know where we're at. But if I don't tell them where we're at... Then it will qualify as sorta sneaking out to attend a party. <_<

Anyway, I never really get to party much, because my parents alwasy manage to find out. I alwasy have to leave town. This will be my second year attending the "Tulsa Block Party," which I have named it. (seriously, there's a party in nearly every house)

However, if it's anything as painful as last year, someone should really watch the door closer to make sure I don't slip passed them aiming to find the booze, which they have hidden from me because they think I've had too much. Because last year, I totally fell down the stairs and was making odd remarks at the subtle differences between the words "Crummy" and "Rummy" :animesigh

Still though, I'm sure it will be a blast.

It looks like I'll be staying home and nursing my poor overworked dad, who just got shingles. :animedepr

Oh, and I guess I'll probably end up playing games or something as well... or maybe doing some extra gift-baking. What are the holidays for, if not getting other people fat? :p

~Dagger~

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Nothing. >_< I won't get to go to any parties or anything since the few I've been invited to are known for sneaking in stuff I'd rather not be around. Watching someone become more and more incoherent because they are drunk is only funny up to a point. Plus, after a bit they just reek. So I'll probably watch movies, play video games and possibly make cookies or something. If I'm still awake at midnight then I'll make tons of noise somehow. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]This year I'll be working. Hell of a way to start the new year-- [B]Not.[/B]

Last year I spent my New Years at a friend's house watching movies, and cheating on my girlfriend at the time with another girl who just so happened to have the same name.

S!@7 happens when you party naked.[/FONT]

[color=#9933ff]In reality, I'll probably end up doing nothing, but I'm *hoping* to go out to dinner with a few friends and see a movie with them. We'll see...

Edit: Plans include going over to a friend's house - there'll be four of us in total, and we'll probably watch Firefly, now that I have the whole season on DVD! ^^[/color]