OtakuBoards

The Obligatory "Haul" Thread

[B]Coal.
[/B]

Nah. I actually got just what I wanted: Money. And lots of it. I flew down for the holidays to visit my family, and they don't really know too much of my interests, nor what I need. It's best they give me the funds to get things I want instead of getting me something that will collect dust. I know, it's not really an effortful gift - But it's exactly what I wanted.

As for other gifts, I really got a lot of things I needed. Supplies for my apartment. Cooking utensils, etc. And as weird as that sounds - It made me extremely happy.

Woohoo! I'm so happy. Christmas was a blast.

- Matching turqoise cross necklace and hoop earrings
- Two hardback Redwall books - Long Patrol and Pearls of Lutra
- My "little black dress", w/ matching weave purse and quilted ribbon (nearly)rainbow ballet flats
- The skunk Beanie Baby
- Carved wooden box with kickass fight ring in it
- Onyx w/ diamond accent necklace pendant
- Celtic knotwork cresent moon necklace
- Amethyst and rose-quartz earrings
- These cool water-soluble rainbow ink pencils
- Mint & rosemary oil scented sugar cube bath fizz (try saying that five times fast.)
- $25 in cash
- A huge bag if caramel
- Bodycology in Pomegranate
- Some headbands
- Carrie Underwood CD "Some Hearts"

I think there's more, but I don't remember it all. Besides, we're going to my dad's parents house on the 5th for another Christmas celebration, so fun fun. My best present was probably getting to spend Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and the day after with my boyfriend, as well as spending the in-between nights at his house. It was great and made me a very happy girl. Oh, and I got to try Sangria. Which is lovely.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Sangria huh? Sounds fun! Glad you had a good time Steph. I got to hang out with my GF all Christmas long and that was one of my favorite gifts. As for material things I got....

3 Long sleeved T shirts
1 Digital Camera
Tekken Dark Resurrection for PSP
Sonic Rivals for PSP
1 New Mexico State University T Shirt
1 1GB memory card for my camera
1 Peyton Manning Jersey
DDR Supernova 2 for PS2

I basically watched movies all day long. I slept through Hairspray (much to my GF's chagrin), I also watched Live Free or Die Hard and Bring it On: In it to Win it, which for my money, is the most BLATANT rip off of West Side Story I've ever encountered in my life. It was corny, it was stupid and I probably lost brain cells because of it.:animesigh[/FONT]

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"] I got to hang out with my GF all Christmas long and that was one of my favorite gifts. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Same here, at least once the time with the family in the morning and early afternoon was over with. And simply taking it easy and checking out some of the new DVD's we both got made for a nice evening.

Anyway, overall my list didn't have that much to it, but then I was saving up to purchase a new Cello last year and I was given just under a $1,000 from my parents back when I got it as an early birthday/Christmas present. After that I got some classical cd's that I wanted along with the season two box set of Dr. Who. And some gift certificates that I'll probably pick something up with later this week. As soon as I decide what I actually want to get with them.

[quote name='Korey'] I got to hang out with my GF all Christmas long and that was one of my favorite gifts[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Umm....[/FONT]
[quote name='Rachmaninoff']Same here, at least once the time with the family in the morning and early afternoon was over with.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Crud! I knew I forgot to put something on my list! Forget the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock. I want a Girlfriend.

Crap....[/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I want a Girlfriend.[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hehe, and here my first thought is that I don't want a boyfriend so it never occurred to me to wish I had one. XP All the talk about spending time with one's current boyfriend/girlfriend did remind me of something else I got but didn't really think about. And that is the fact that my Christmas evening was not overshadowed with relatives who I detest and hate spending time with. Even if it was just my mom and me and the occasional friend stopping by, it was a lot nicer than being forced to spend it with relatives who drive you up the wall. >_< I know that sounds mean, but seriously, it was so nice![/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]Now that you mention it, Becky did almost kill me, and Joy had the potential to, no?

By the way, Aaryanna, I'm with you 100%. Christmas was so much easier without family feuds and such getting in the way. Although, I did almost kill my sister at Ace's house, be we'll ignore that.....:animesigh[/FONT]

[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Although, I did almost kill my sister at Ace's house, be we'll ignore that.....:animesigh[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Eh, no big. We're still friends.

Anyway, I was planning on using some of that sweet, sweet cash to pick up either Phoenix Wright 3 or anything else that catches my eye, but the bank closed before it occurred to me to cash that stupid check... There's always tomorrow, I guess.

[COLOR="Navy"]- 20" Pure Flat Digital TV (Yep, still stuck on the old lol)
- A Stephan Marbury shirt (I can't stand the guy himself, but the shirt looks good.)
- A Beer Mug with candy in it (??? I don't drink though lol)
- A shirt with monkey's on it... (Man... my cousin has it in for me)
- 2 Death Note mangas; volume 3 and 4 (can't read them yet. I have to see the episodes first)

It's been a little rough this year in terms of money (a bunch of layoffs and cut backs), but I am satisfied with what I have. I needed a tv really bad because it was hard to see the whole picture or read the words (for playing old games).[/COLOR]

[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]What do you guys think that the hottest gift of the year was this year? Last year it was the Wii, I think.

Just a question born of curiosity.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Probably still the Wii.

As annoying as Nintendo's "Only release 3 a year 'til Christmastime" marketing strategy is, it's pretty effective.

Hopefully they'll get more common this year.

[font="trebuchet ms"]
- $100 giftcard to Sephora (sweet!)
- Bluetooth earpiece for my phone
- Bourne trilogy pack
- $50 giftcard to Macys
- [i]Valis[/i] by Philip K. Dick, [i]Man's Search for Meaning[/i] by Viktor E. Frankl
- Very Valentino perfume*

*smells terrible. lol [/font]

[quote name='Aceburner']As annoying as Nintendo's "Only release 3 a year 'til Christmastime" marketing strategy is, it's pretty effective.[/QUOTE]
[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I hate to break it to you bud but that's definitely [i]not[/i] Nintendo's strategy at all. I'm sure they want to get as many Wii's out there as possible in order to make more money quicker.

I was talking to my friend who works at Best Buy earlier, he was saying they got 60 Wiis in from Nintendo to sell and all of them were gone within an hour. 60 Wiis sold in [i]one hour[/i]. That's one Wii a minute, my friend. It just really is a hot product.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[color=darkred][size=1]

I got...

[b]Rock Band: The Special Edition Bundle[/b] which is, without question, one of my new favorite games. Though I'm very good at guitar on it and instantly picked up Expert (with five/four stars on most songs) I can't get passed damned "Green Grass and High Tides".

I was very good at Drums on the demos, but with the addition of the bass pedal, I can barely keep a four star on medium, which is embarrassing. I'm also picking up vocals pretty decently, working on medium with 90% and even a few on Hard (I perfected "Sabotage", being that I actually know the entire song). So I enjoy it alot. The song list is far more.... amped, than Guitar Hero. Though I love GHIII, I actually know a large majority of the Rock Band songs right off the bat, so its fun.

I love it.

I also got [b]Magix Music Maker 12 Deluxe[/b]. Havn't had a chance to much get into it yet, but I'll definetly make use of it.

I got a large amount of clothing. Mostly vintage t-shirts.

I got a new hard drive for my X-Box 360 and a 13-month Gold Membership on X-Box Live, along with an Ethernet cord, effectively, this has ended a large portion of my coming social life.

And from my ex-girlfriend, I have gotten a mixed-labradore retriever from the pound named "Houdini" (variations include Houdi, Houdi Hoo, Houda-man).

All in all, it was a good haul, and I had a pretty good Christmas. I still would like a microphone for recording, but I still have my upcoming birthday next month.[/color][/size]

[quote name='8bit'][FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]I hate to break it to you bud but that's definitely [i]not[/i] Nintendo's strategy at all. I'm sure they want to get as many Wii's out there as possible in order to make more money quicker.

I was talking to my friend who works at Best Buy earlier, he was saying they got 60 Wiis in from Nintendo to sell and all of them were gone within an hour. 60 Wiis sold in [i]one hour[/i]. That's one Wii a minute, my friend. It just really is a hot product.[/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I know, it's sarcasm. It's just a bit annoying that they're so hard to come by even when the gift season is over and done with for 6 months.

[quote name='Sojiro47'][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Crud! I knew I forgot to put something on my list! Forget the official Red Ryder, carbine action, two-hundred shot range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock. I want a Girlfriend.

Crap....[/FONT][/QUOTE]

sojiro is right forget about my radioflyer with 7 inch wheels, spinning rims, steering wheel, hitch, front hitch, optional cargo space, rearveiw mirrors, passenger seating, turbine jet engine, and color changing paint.and mini airhorn

I wan't a girlfriend
crap!

Well, I'll have to say: Best Christmas Ever!!!

I got a brand new car! (Never before driven, so amazing! And I got it several weeks before Christmas)

It was sort of Christmas/Graduation, but that's totally okay. And because of the massive amounts of $ that my parents spent on me, it's no wonder why I didn't really get anything else come Christmas morining.

I got a cheap wallet and a cheap watch. (Which I was actually extremely grateful for, because I had been running around complaining that my old wallet was tearing up and complaining that my phone messed up and doesn't show time anymore. At least it means that my dad pays attention)

Also, my brother got me a Heroes Season 1, Collector's Edition Box Set! I am super excited about that. Plus, he accidentally left Weeds, Season 1 here when he left for North Carolina. (So I'm stealing it from him and calling it a present as well)

My friend got me "The Italian Job" (One of my favorite movies) And another friend got me some new eyebrow rings (Since I've lost all of my old ones)

I also got some money from the family, but not very much. Other than that, I'm still waiting on presents from some of my other friends, which I plan on receiving when school gets back in. (And if I don't, I swear I'll... j/k)

But seriously, it was a great year.

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="1"]Xbox 360- didn't even ask, but OK! Came with the 10GB hard drive, Forza Motorsport 2 (yawn) and Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (yes!)

Boss Giga Delay delay pedal- for guitar. You loop stuff with it. You can play a 23 second (!) phrase and it can repeat it, repeat it backwards, etc. Cool ****.

Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion pedal- gives you distortion for the guitar. Needed one.

Cables- once again, guitar stuff. Needed new ones of these as well.

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same- sweet DVD, no more lame, half broken VHS version.

Corduroy jacket

New boxers

Car maintainence kit- window wipes, spray, polish.

My girlfriend bought me a really cool Police t-shirt (the band) and some new pillows. My old ones are all stained from drool and sweat. She and I were tired of looking at them.

And then I got like 100$ in cash and assorted gift cards.

You know, for how much divorces suck, you always have a huge haul on Christmas. Kind of a perk to being a child subject to divorce.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I got $240 to put towards rebuilding my PC, which should help considerably. My birthday's also coming up so whatever I get from that will be added up and I should have enough to put together a pretty decent system. I haven't shopped around for specifics yet since I'm not sure what exactly I'll be able to afford, but I'd like to get an Intel Core 2 CPU, probably an nForce motherboard, and probably a GeForce 7600 or 7800 series graphics card. I may also need to get a new power supply.

Besides that I got a nice insulated vest, a new pair of jeans, some canned air (for removing dust from my PC case), and some cleaning wipes that are safe to use on electronics. And, as usual, a bunch of candy, not the least of which were two half-pound bars of Hershey's milk chocolate with almonds.

All in all, it was a pretty good haul this year.[/color]

[B]Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS):[/B] This is the first Phoenix Wright game I've ever gotten/played, and I'm really enjoying it. ^^ Whenever people see me playing it, they try shouting "Objection!" into the mic, and that's kind of annoying... -___-

[B]Final Fantasy XII (PS2):[/B] Haven't tried this one out yet. I'm still too busy playing Super Mario Galaxy...

[B]Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass:[/B] I can't stand the dungeons in Zelda games! >_< I get nervous for no reason. My dad will probably play this game more than me.

[B]A hair straightener:[/B] No Comment.

[B]The Spiderwick Chronicles in one volume:[/B] I forgot to put The Chronicles of Narnia on my list!! *smacks head*. but this is good too. ^^

[B]Alex and the Ironic Gentleman[/B] I know my dad got this book for me, but it wasn't on my list. I hadn't even heard of the book previously. It's turning out to be pretty good though.

And a bunch of presents from my cousins. My parents got a TON of coffee (I can't stand coffee) and I got no hot chocolate mix at ALL. I got some about 2 days later, so it balances out now. ^_^

Overall, best Christmas since I got my GBA, which was like, 4 or 5 years ago...:animestun