OtakuBoards

The Obligatory "Haul" Thread

Well, If the title doesn't explain it, here's the idea: What did you get for Christmas? Do you think it was a good year? What do you plan on doing with all that money? et cetera?

As for me, I got the Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for Nintendo DS. So far, words can't describe how much win this game is made of. I should probably save that for the PH thread, though.

I also got a shiny new electric razor, because my mom wants me to shave sometimes. I'm still waiting for one package to arrive, but after it does, depending on the contents, I'm going to go out and buy the third Phoenix Wright game.

Overall, I'd say it was a good year, since I consider the Laptop I'm typing this on a very early Christmas present.

[FONT="Arial"]This was probably the best Christmas ever.

The first box I opened was Guitar Hero III, which I fully expected it to be because I could see the Playstation 2 label through the wrapping paper. Lulz. My parents need to wrap presents better. Then there was the knife I knew I was getting, and a $25 Borders gift card. In the last box there was a note with the words "did you leave something in the van?" written backwards.

So I went to the van and found a huge package, which I knew would contain my brand new Epiphone Les Paul standard guitar. It is SO pretty and amazing, I love it so much.

I'm pretty sure my day of receiving isn't over yet, because I have a lot of relatives who are coming over for dinner. <3[/FONT]

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]iPhone. I like it. Lots. My mom already had one, so I knew right away that I wanted one. & I knew I was going to get it.
I would just like to establish that photos+internet+phone+musicmaps+weather+calendar= complete & total awesomeness.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][COLOR="DimGray"]This was an amazing year for me aswell. To start I got some 360 stuff (a controller, a wireless headset and Assassin's Creed). I got a lot of nice clothes (clothes make awesome presents!). I was actually running low on sweaters so it was great that I got two new ones. :animesmil

I also got the Jungle Book Anniversary Edition. I love it. SO MUCH. *sings the bare necessities*

My big present this year, however, was a [B]lacrosse stick[/B]. It's [i]amazing[/i]. I couldn't have asked for anything better and I can't wait until I can go outside and play.[/COLOR][/FONT]

The big ones for me were a digital camera & an external hard drive, which made me overwhelmingly happy. It was so much more than I expected, and just what I'd been thinking of buying for myself. :catgirl:

There were also a couple of nice little gifts--a cookbook with 500 (!!) cookie recipes, a squishy pillow from my sister, new pajamas (annual tradition), Godiva chocolate, etc.

~Dagger~

All I got this year was a light green Abercrombie & Fitch hoodie and an interesting drawing book called [I]The Natural Way to Draw[/I]. So it was an okay year for me. Still, I wish my family would have gotten me a Nintendo DS and some awesome games or something, but oh wells. Well I guess it?s not that bad, since I rather spend most of my winter break focusing on improving my drawing skills than playing videogames.

And Happy Holidays everyone! :animesmil

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I'm twiddling my thumbs, because we never open presents until every guest has arrived and we've eaten the obligatory huge breakfast. It's an exercise in patience for my 7 and 9 year old siblings.

But I CAN tell you right now that I know my parents are going to sign over the ownership of my 1997 black Honda Civic HX Manual Drive....thing. I mean that's super, and I'll get the pink slip and be able to now sell/trade/etc. But I don't really want it. I REALLY don't want it. Mostly because of the responsibility. If I ever get a ticket, it'll be sent to my house and not my parent's house for starters... Although I only got one once and it was when I was visiting home so my dad thought it was his.

Or something like that. But anyway I do know that my parents gave me barrettes for my hair in my stocking and my dad burned me several CDs of new music from my favorite bands. Nothing bigger than the car though. And before you get excited or start calling me an ungrateful, it's only worth roughly $1500.00 USD, depending on how I decide to use it. And it's the A/C is kaputt.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="77656"]For me, I got almost everything early, and other stuff I picked out. My grandma is got me 10,000 Days by Tool, which after listening to Vicarious, I'm stoked about getting it.

My mom got me Guitar Hero 3, in all it's glory. My bro gave me some money,a nd with it I bought With Oden on our Side b Amon Amarth, and I also bought Digimon World: Dusk for my DS. What ccan I say, I'm a sucker for the little guys. And my other grandmother gave me a gift card to FYE.

Other than that, this year was stale.[/COLOR]

I personally got the new Electric Wizard and Polkadot Cadaver cds(which both are amazing). I also got Dopethrone by Electric Wizard(grade A stoner metal btw).

Then I got some manga and Anime.

I also got a book I really wanted(kino no tabi)

I got a paintball gun(much better than my old one)

I got a High def 20 inch LG television which is fricken sweet.

I got the Orange Box and the new Zelda game for the DS both of which are really fun.

I got a new program for creating animations on my computer which is really complicated.

I also got a few gift cards and some cash(100 bucks to be precise).

well this year was great for me.

-first of all i became more of a social butterfly

-second i got 300 dollars for christmas that i get to do whatever i want with.

- ace still hasn't got his present that i got him for him getting me nachoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo libre

- lots of fun this year except it didn't feal like christmas at my house this year
and i still have't had my christmas party looking forward to that.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Okay, now that the presents are actually opened, I didn't get what I REALLY wanted, which is to say a blender...but that's totally okay.

[LIST]
[*]Cranberry Stollen, which is mostly just a fruit cake, but more like a fruit bread.
[*]A White Polo Shirt, which is lackluster, but I intend to do horrible things to it with a knife and some beet juice. The better to make it cooler.
[*]100 Dollars Gift Card, good at the Arco Gas Station.
[*]Magnetic strips to go on the shopping list to go on my fridge, and now that I find myself doing all my own shipping....it's usefull!
[*]A purple box...thing? Nobody knows what it's used for and we passed it around the table going: It's a hat! It's a pencil holder! It's for magnets! It's for paper clips! ....oh yeah, go me.
[*]Shawl, Wrap, Jacket, from my Chinese grandmother. For some reason she thinks I'm always cold, so she gave me shawls so old and awesome that they are no longer called 'out of style' but 'Vintage.'
[*]Twenty dollars in cash in the obligatory red envelope. Muahahahaha! Vegas here I come!
[/LIST]
[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Neuvoxraiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"][LIST][*]Twenty dollars in cash in the obligatory red envelope. Muahahahaha! Vegas here I come![/LIST][/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]That reminds me of the times I've driven from California back home on Christmas Eve... It's amazing how many people from California you'll find on their way to Vegas for Christmas.

Anyway, I had a good Christmas this year and that included getting some nice stuff. The nicest or rather the one thing I'm likely to use the most is a combination printer, scanner, copier that I was given to go with my new computer I got a few months ago. Then some other fun things were the Case Closed movie, the second season for Darkwing Duck, the second Phoenix Wright game for the DS, about $100 in gift certificates to play with and an adorable little stuffed reindeer. :catgirl:

This does not include the Christmas Concert I went to earlier or the fact that my present to myself this year was new tires for my car. lol The concert was fantastic, but the tires? No new game consoles this season. XP

Also, apparently my boyfriend has a surprise for me as well, but I won't find out about that until later when we get together to watch movies and take it easy. [/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Oh what a fun Christmas! Even if I'm about to harp on the material side of it, but considering what I got, I can't help myself! [IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/6427/thcoolrr3.gif[/IMG]

I present the list:

DS Lite [Pink]
Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney [the first one]
Phantom Hourglass [Zelda]
A gift certificate for Amazon
A bichon Christmas ornament! Which is so cute! [URL="http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/8900/51mer8n0ualaa280yr9.jpg"][U]Click Me![/U][/URL] That's going to sit on one of my shelves all year long since it's so freaking cute! :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]I got and my family got exactly what I wrote int the wishies list. My dad had given us money to buy presents, and he was very pleased that we thought to buy him a new Shuffle whch was ccool and he got my mom a rediculously expensive camera with a bunch of attachments that she's been playing with all day. [/COLOR]

Here's my list:

- Hotel Dusk: Room 215 for the Nintendo DS
- [b]Kafka On the Shore[/b] and [b]Norwegian Wood[/b] by Haruki Murakami (I've already read the latter, but it's nice to be able to re-read it whenever I want)
- How I Met Your Mother Season 2 DVD set
- A nice looking polo shirt

Also got a kickass blue long sleeve shirt, a nice brown jacket, and some slippers yesterday during Christmas Eve. My brother also received Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney today, so I'll be playing that when he finishes the game. :)

Lastly, during my family's annual Christmas movie trip, my siblings and I saw Sweeney Todd (which is pretty good; more people should see it), while my parents saw National Treasure 2.

All in all, a fun Christmas. *goes back to playing Hotel Dusk*

[SIZE="1"]Suppose I might as well post my "haul" from this year.

[list][*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Panasonic Wireless Headphones[/FONT][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]?100[/FONT][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Ireland Rugby Jersey[/FONT][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]CK Bath Robe[/FONT][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]CK Socks[/FONT][/SIZE]
[*][SIZE="1"][FONT="Verdana"]Lynx "Africa" Deodorant Set[/FONT][/SIZE][/list]
Quite a decent haul overall.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Shinmaru']
- [b]Kafka On the Shore[/b][/QUOTE]
This is wonderful. Also, I commend whoever gave you Murakami for a) having good taste in literature, or b) being aware that [i]you[/i] have good taste. ;)

ETA: Hoping to see Sweeny Todd soon as well.

~Dagger~

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]Well, seeing as how I never asked for nothin' I was quite surprised when I opened my gifts.

A nice Altec Lansing stereo surround for my computer, or well, anything. Some Volcom t-shirts from my wonderful sandwich maker, and some horror movies from my Aunt. That was all on Christmas Eve cause my immediate family does Christmas Eve.

The next morning I wake up around 10:30, get ready to go to the grandparents. Arrive, mingle, then we get down to presents there.
It was at that time I opened up my 24 inch wide-screen LCD monitor and HDMI to DVI cable.
Ah yes. 24 inches. Thats' quite HUGE for a computer monitor.
Can your Wiik be played on that? Nah, it can't.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"]My family all live in different states, so we usually end up doing gift cards instead of an actual item. However, this year they decided to give me plane tickets so I can go home next week for a bit. I got a few other things from family and my boyfriend, but nothing earth shattering. The trip home is what I'm looking forward to.[/COLOR]

My gift list is pretty small since we didn't have our usual extended family gathering for Christmas this year. I ended up with a new dress form to help with my cosplay creations, Final Fantasy 12 Revenant Wings, Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations, $100 cash, $50 gift certificate and a DVD player.

My DVD player was dying a slow and painful death. I was trying to get it to work when my brother stopped by one day to visit. Being the great guy he is and seeing that I was just about ready to throw the stupid DVD player across the room, he went out and got me a new one! Woo Hoo! Perhaps next year I will complain about my car so he'll buy me a new one... I can dream can't I?!

[quote name='Panda']Being the great guy he is and seeing that I was just about ready to throw the stupid DVD player across the room, he went out and got me a new one! Woo Hoo! Perhaps next year I will complain about my car so he'll buy me a new one... I can dream can't I?![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]But are you going to be ready to throw your car across the room? That's the BIG question...[/FONT][/COLOR]

A couple hundred dollars, some movies, a ****-ton of food for the apt., some candy, a bookshelf, an electric razor(thank God), a poster with the ever delicious Kat Von D, a poster that says "Heavy ****ing Metal", eight T-shirts, and some gift cards to Barnes and Noble.

Good Christmas, but bah humbug all the same.

-Justin

I had a great Christmas. Here's my haul:

-The Simpsons complete season DVD's; 2, 6 and 10. I got to pick three seasons between my two parents and I chose those ones because they had my favourite episodes on them.

-Some boxer shorts :D

-$40 bucks worth of petrol vouchers and $50 bucks spending.

-Lynx Accelerate pack.

-Striped hoody

-Cool T-Shirts.

Considering that I went broke buying my gifts for everyone, the spending money has bought me the most relief. ;)

[quote name='Dagger']This is wonderful. Also, I commend whoever gave you Murakami for a) having good taste in literature, or b) being aware that [i]you[/i] have good taste. ;)[/QUOTE]

Haha, thanks for the compliment. Normally I would have checked it out from the library by now, but it seems only the Japanese version is available (unless I'm misunderstood its online listing lol). You seemed to like it a lot, though, so I figured I wasn't taking much of a chance asking for it as a Christmas gift. :P

Originally I wanted Murakami's latest novel, [b]After Dark[/b], too, but my family couldn't find it anywhere. Could've sworn that it had been released in America a few months ago... :(