OtakuBoards

Dating

Roxie Faye

[color=#9933ff]Yeah, I know someone who changed while they were in a relationship. I got pushed to second place by my friend when she had a b/f. I was annoyed at the time, and then realized she wasn't going to change (even after I pointed out her behavior) so I just dealt with it.[/color]

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Yeah, I know someone who changed while they were in a relationship. I got pushed to second place by my friend when she had a b/f. I was annoyed at the time, and then realized she wasn't going to change (even after I pointed out her behavior) so I just dealt with it.[/color][/QUOTE]Well I don't know what it's like with your friend... But I am guilty of it as well. Though it's not that my friends aren't important anymore, it's that when you're in a relationship where you get along well and you start to really care about your girlfriend... it kind of becomes natural that you spend time with them that use to be time you always spent with just your friends.

I try to counter that by still being a part of the major get together stuff that we do each month though, because in the end, my friends are still important as well. XP I'm not sure if I explained that right or not. I guess I think it's possible to balance the two and I would hope my friends would understand that means less one on one time that in no way means I don't care for them anymore.

It helps that most of them really like her though so unless one of them is saying nothing, my understanding is that they're fine with the change. At least I assume they are since they even make a point of not intruding when it's not necessary.

[SIZE="1"]Dating, ha, never heard of it.

My first boyfriend was when I was real young, first kiss at thirteen, but I didn't go on a date untill I was seventeen, lol.

I really don't go on many dates though. Of course I don't really meet new people either. I take one class at the Community college which isn't long enough to really socialize with anyone, I go to Taekwondo, but would never date anyone that I train with. It would be a desaster waiting to happen. I also work, and I see the same annoying people everyday. So basically I have no life, and no time anyway. Which really doesn't bother me. I do what I love(not including the job).

I also have this awesome talent for attracting the real 'winners' too, so thats no good. Maybe if I found someone with the same beliefs, does martial arts, and Tricking, plus has a body like Bruce Lee, then yeah. Lol. Untill then, I'm happy where I am.[/SIZE]

I'm typing this while studying weather maps in case I run into problems driving to my date with Momishin this weekend.

I think it is obvious what my opinions of dating are, the two of us has been meaning roughly every month for nine months now.

It's still fun though, because as our bond deepens we try new things and grow ever closer together. It hasn't always been easy though. One botched date in particular stands out, we had gone to the beach at New Jersey, and I lost my glasses in the ocean. Well, by the time all was said and done I ended up driving 8 hours home without them. Fortunately I can see well enough to stay on the road and not hit anything, but reading the roadsigns was a pain in the ***.

I never really was into girls or dating back in high school, and even in college I couldn't be bothered. Then Momishin came along, and my whole life has changed.

[FONT="georgia"][color=#CC0066][size=2]My first date was probably when I was 14. It was really innocent double date at the fair and we just dated each other. We didn't go out as in boyfriend and girlfriend but it was still fun. I've been dating my boyfriend since senior year so I don't know what its like to really "date" someone. I mean me and my boyfriend go to the movies, but its like we're married then dating.

But if I were to be single again, I think I would take things more slowly and probably date loads of people for fun. I think being picky isn't a bad thing, I am. But I'd rather be picky, then EASY. No one wants to be the desperate girl that will date [u]anyone[/u]. That's just gross. I know some people date people and sleep with them when their not their boyfriend/girlfriend, and that works for them. Honestly, to me it just makes things worse because people get attached and feelings get hurt. Also STDS anyone?

So yeah. Dating should be fun and innocent. The first step towards going towards a relationship OR simply just having fun!

I would so be a fun single person. But atlast, I'm not. Shame. [/color][/font][/size]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Some days I have the guts to ask a girl out.. some days I'm hoping for someone to ask me. Either way, I don't like dating people that I don't know, and I never been on a one-time date that never turns into a relationship. So.. Dating is good. Sometimes dates can go horribly wrong for me, considering... I'm such a dork. And sometimes girls just annoy me, not that I don't understand me... It's just...

The ones I end up with turn out to be snakes in the grass, ready to bite the flesh from my heel.

Ooooohhh. Nice choice of words.

Other than that, Dating is a nice way to get to know somebody or share a night with somebody you have feelings for.

And remember kids... Anything can turn into a date! BAM![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest otakudogg
[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Just a simple question, nothing to heavy, drama-inducing, or "omg, halps me with my bf/gf prob!!" My friends and I were just talking about dating at dinner today, so the topic is in my head.

Just wondering if you prefer to know someone very well before you date them, or if you prefer blind dates.

Had any bad (or good) dating stories (blind or otherwise), please feel free to share.[/color][/QUOTE]

i kinda like them both cuz i u know someone before you date them then u already know their quirks and stuff about them but blind dates are like that mystery and adventure

[quote name='MistressRoxie'][color=#9933ff]Just a simple question, nothing to heavy, drama-inducing, or "omg, halps me with my bf/gf prob!!" My friends and I were just talking about dating at dinner today, so the topic is in my head.

Just wondering if you prefer to know someone very well before you date them, or if you prefer blind dates.

Had any bad (or good) dating stories (blind or otherwise), please feel free to share.[/color][/QUOTE]

Hmmm...

Dating is a lot more fun than going out, I have to say. I'd much rather date a girl I don't know very well as a means of getting to know her better. There's this school of thought out there that dictates that you can only date your best friends because they're the ones you know the best. I think this is ludicrous.

Though, I haven't had a very solid dating history, so I suppose I'm not the right person to say anything!

there was a girl i hung out with everyday and as the days went on i began to notice that the only time i was happy was when she was around and everytime she looked at me i blushed but i couldn't find out why and when i was with her i felt like there were bees buzzing inside my stomach and i didn't want to mess it up so i never told her and for a week i didn't see her so i asked her friend what happened and she told me she had moved

For me, as soon as I know that I *like* the girl, that's when I'll ask her out. So, generally it's after hanging out a couple times..

My brain is compartmentalized, so once I think of a girl as my friend, she's pretty much stuck in that category. The possibility that friends who are girls could flip into someone I'd be romantically interested in.. well thats just cheating. Like re-rolling your character or something. :)

I realize that might sound confusing, but I've followed this mentality for several years now, and I think I'm a better man for it.

[quote name='emo_dude']there was a girl i hung out with everyday and as the days went on i began to notice that the only time i was happy was when she was around and everytime she looked at me i blushed but i couldn't find out why and when i was with her i felt like there were bees buzzing inside my stomach and i didn't want to mess it up so i never told her and for a week i didn't see her so i asked her friend what happened and she told me she had moved[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="1234"]Ik what you mean. THe thing is, I had an ex who lived in a different school district and I thought she was the one... now I have one who I think IS the one, but it's still painful... even though you didn't date her, be lucky, cause if you did and you broke up, the pain hits two-fold. but you will find love, that's the truth, I almsot killed myself last year because of love, I took out the knife from the drawer. But take my advice, that IS NOT the way to handle it.

In fact at the Valentine's day dance Lips of an Angel played and I cried, and when I listened to Seize the Day by Avenged Sevenfold, I creid too.[/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="hotPink"]Well, Lips of an Angel isn't exactly what moves me so much... But other than that. Valentine's Day Sucks. I hate it. I Hateee itt. Since we're on the suject of dating, right now, I'm lonely, but I have asked over a friend of mine... Which I have a small spark for...

It'll just be casual, and if something happens, something happens. If it doesn't, well that sucks. I recently kind of fell for a girl, and she just didn't like me. I'm not exactly in her crowd, which is important for popularity and girls.

So, wish me luck everyone, yes?[/COLOR][/SIZE]